PDA

View Full Version : Parker's last 5 games...

Hooks
11-19-2010, 11:31 PM
(Including this win over the Jazz)

Dude is playing like a BEAST, he's playing like he was in the 08-09 season.

Stats from the last 5 games:

23 PPG
59% shooting from the field
7 Assists per game
33 MPG

8===D

Bambililos
11-19-2010, 11:32 PM
He should get divorced more often.
Way to go!

ducks
11-19-2010, 11:34 PM
he had 4 steals tonight
he has close if not 29 steals

last seson he had 29 all season

Frenchise player
11-19-2010, 11:34 PM
When Parker hits his wide open jump shots, he becomes unstoppable. Tonight he looked at the best of his abilities just like 2 or 3 years ago.

Dex
11-19-2010, 11:36 PM
So Parker didn't ruin the team?

And he isn't getting traded?

And he doesn't hate passing to Ginobili? :stirpot:

ducks
tp hit his first three tonight this season

Spurs Brazil
Tony has been great, much improved from last season

maddnezz
11-19-2010, 11:44 PM
Good job TP! I remeber someone griped me out cause I was bashin TP. I remember sayin Tony is so quick he should have as many steals as Chris P. TP is a champion, its nice to see him so focued and locked in. Great job againts 1 of the top pg in the league. Fact a business, he's been killin all the so called "hot new" pgs out there. So much highlight bias media out there! GO SPURS GO!!

timtonymanu
11-19-2010, 11:46 PM
Not to mention Manu is having a better start than he did the past two seasons.

And of course RJ being much better this year already than his whole season last year.

These guys are stepping up and not letting Tim carry the load for the first half of the season.

it's me
11-19-2010, 11:48 PM
Gotto say it again...

Erin>Eva

DesignatedT
11-20-2010, 12:18 AM
Tony has been fantastic so far this season.

Pauleta14
11-20-2010, 12:24 AM
What amazed me the most is that Tony is playing what used to be "playoff D" EVERY single games!!

As for the steals, it's like he finaly had the green light from Pop!

As someone previously said, it was just crazy that a player with such speed didn't have more stl/game...

EricB
11-20-2010, 12:28 AM
Health = improved play

shocking

HarlemHeat37
11-20-2010, 12:32 AM
His offense is expected, although I didn't fully expect him to be diming like he has been this season, even though his passing is a lot better than some people here like to give him credit for..

His defense is what has surprised me most..his D has been mediocre the last few years, not really giving out enough effort(also due to injuries, obviously), but his D this year has been very impressive..he has been one of the best guards in the NBA at defending the p&r this season, and he's playing the passing lanes/stealing at a very high level..

OrEmuN
11-20-2010, 12:43 AM
Parker is finally revealing his ability to steal ... on and off the court !

crc21209
11-20-2010, 01:18 AM
TP is just ballin' right now...from scoring to dishing to his D, and even picking up steals. Props to him. :tu

Chomag
11-20-2010, 01:25 AM
TP was definitely looking like he was in playoff mode tonight.

crc21209
11-20-2010, 01:27 AM
TP is always disrespected and underrated by the mainstream media. They place Nash, Paul, Williams, Billups, Rondo, and even some newbies like Rose above him, and for what reason I have no idea. The guy only has 3 titles and an NBA Finals MVP...

spurs10
11-20-2010, 01:33 AM
TP is always disrespected and underrated by the mainstream media. They place Nash, Paul, Williams, Billups, Rondo, and even some newbies like Rose above him, and for what reason I have no idea. The guy only has 3 titles and an NBA Finals MVP...
Duh!!

spurs10
11-20-2010, 01:38 AM
Yes.:hat

WeNeedLength
11-20-2010, 01:39 AM
Parker is finally revealing his ability to steal ... on and off the court !

:td

Man In Black
11-20-2010, 01:46 AM

It's cause he's French!!!! Or let's just say that the National Media are NATIONALISTS. Meaning, they'd rather report on Americans first, all other countries second. The only guy up on that list up there that isn't American is Canadian Steve Nash but casual fan doesn't know that too often. What he's doing is reminding everyone how deadly he is when he has a COMPLETE team to work with. I always say that he doesn't have as much vision as Manu but I'm beginning to think that that he is oh, so close and that it was because he needed to score, that's the reason he passed less. If we get 7.5 from him for the whole year, we shall all be ecstatic because that means for the 1st time in a long time, this team is BALANCED. I could go all urban and say,"We stacked," but the team's performance is letting the basketball world take notice.

ace3g
11-20-2010, 01:46 AM
JMcDonald_SAEN Jeff McDonald
With 24 pts tonight, Parker has five-straight 20-pt games. Never did that last yr. Left w/o talking to media, for obvious reasons.

Pop, on Parker's performance amid off-the-court turmoil: "His focus has been impressive."

Tim Duncan, on the star of tonight's game, Tony Parker: "He’s playing his best basketball of the last couple years." #spurs

SenorSpur
11-20-2010, 04:17 AM
As others have stated, TP's offense isn't surprising, at all. However, him upping his per game assists and steals, has been a wonderful surprise. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if he's upped his FT avg too. All the while, he on-the-ball defense has been superb for most of this young season.

All in all, TP is playing a complete floor game, end-to-end, and at both ends. Obviously, a return to good health is one reason, but hard work and the intelligence to recognize that he's got more weapons around him, and the willingnees to use those weapons, would indicate a level of maturity, on his part. He's evolved from having been primarily a scoring PG, into a complete point guard. He's playing, by far, the best basketball of his career.

TJastal
11-20-2010, 04:37 AM
As others have stated, TP's offense isn't surprising, at all. However, him upping his per game assists and steals, has been a wonderful surprise. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if he's upped his FT avg too. All the while, he on-the-ball defense has been superb for most of this young season.

All in all, TP is playing a complete floor game, end-to-end, and at both ends. Obviously, a return to good health is one reason, but hard work and the intelligence to recognize that he's got more weapons around him, and the willingnees to use those weapons, would indicate a level of maturity, on his part. He's evolved from having been primarily a scoring PG, into a complete point guard. He's playing, by far, the best basketball of his career.

Get out, Parker hasn't changed anything, he's the same player he was 3 years ago. Only difference is the friggin' scrubs around him are finally hitting a few frigging shots and the statisticians are finally giving him credit for all those assists and steals been making all these years. Frigging hatin' statisticians.

LoneStarState'sPride
11-20-2010, 04:56 AM
Frigging hatin' statisticians.

:lol

Pauleta14
11-20-2010, 05:11 AM
He's playing, by far, the best basketball of his career.

:nope

Remember 2008-09...

He had some OUTSTANDING games, not only the 55pts, but I remember a bck to bck against Dallas and Portland without Timmy AND Manu, he averaged 38pts and 10 ast... :wow

He was a real beast that year, he's not there yet, but I can see he's geting his midrange J is back, so the best is maybe coming soon...

Pauleta14
11-20-2010, 05:13 AM
Get out, Parker hasn't changed anything, he's the same player he was 3 years ago. Only difference is the friggin' scrubs around him are finally hitting a few frigging shots and the statisticians are finally giving him credit for all those assists and steals been making all these years. Frigging hatin' statisticians.

+1

I like what you say TJastal...

TJastal
11-20-2010, 05:18 AM
+1

I like what you say TJastal...

Thanks.

:shootme

Bukefal
11-20-2010, 06:44 AM
He is doing great. All-Star 2011! Come on TP! :flag:

SenorSpur
11-20-2010, 10:10 AM
:nope

Remember 2008-09...

He had some OUTSTANDING games, not only the 55pts, but I remember a bck to bck against Dallas and Portland without Timmy AND Manu, he averaged 38pts and 10 ast... :wow

He was a real beast that year, he's not there yet, but I can see he's geting his midrange J is back, so the best is maybe coming soon...

Of course, Parker was a beast that year. He literally carried the Spurs by himself - and into the playoffs. No one is disputing that. However, I think it's fair to say that when Tony was carrying such a huge offensive load for the Spurs, it came at the expense of his defense - and rightfully so.

When I refer to Parker playing "the best basketball of his career", I'm talking about his apparent evolution from a scoring guard, into a true "do everything, all-around PG". Since the start of this season, he's now morphed into a consistent scorer, defender, willing passer, who's making a run at Manu for the title, "best passer on the team". He's clearly focused on making his teammates better. Additionally and for the first time in his career, he's also become a major theft artist in the passing lanes.

For all those reasons, I still maintain that this sample start of the season, has been his best string of games. I hope he keeps it up.

SA210
11-20-2010, 10:37 AM
TP is killin em. :tu

ducks
11-20-2010, 03:05 PM
be intersting to what this season will do tp tp playing summer ball for french
if he keeps this up
spurs can say see what happens if you rest in summer

TDMVPDPOY
11-20-2010, 03:21 PM
Thanks.

:shootme

which scrubs u talkin about?

spurs always doing the extra pass, so its hard to rack up assists if ur the creator of the first pass outlet

DieHardSpursFan1537
11-20-2010, 09:17 PM
Compared to last season, Tony's really stepping up and helping the Spurs win more games. :)

Sparrowhawk
11-20-2010, 10:54 PM
of course, parker was a beast that year. He literally carried the spurs by himself - and into the playoffs. No one is disputing that. However, i think it's fair to say that when tony was carrying such a huge offensive load for the spurs, it came at the expense of his defense - and rightfully so.

When i refer to parker playing "the best basketball of his career", i'm talking about his apparent evolution from a scoring guard, into a true "do everything, all-around pg". Since the start of this season, he's now morphed into a consistent scorer, defender, willing passer, who's making a run at manu for the title, "best passer on the team". He's clearly focused on making his teammates better. Additionally and for the first time in his career, he's also become a major theft artist in the passing lanes.

For all those reasons, i still maintain that this sample start of the season, has been his best string of games. I hope he keeps it up.

+1

NickiRasgo
11-20-2010, 11:04 PM
Inspired by Erin.

Agloco
11-20-2010, 11:07 PM
(Including this win over the Jazz)

Dude is playing like a BEAST, he's playing like he was in the 08-09 season.

Stats from the last 5 games:

23 PPG
59% shooting from the field
7 Assists per game
33 MPG

8===D

That's what happens when pussy ain't distracting you.

Tony's got his head(s) where it/they belong now.

Agloco
11-20-2010, 11:09 PM

Of course, Parker was a beast that year. He literally carried the Spurs by himself - and into the playoffs. No one is disputing that. However, I think it's fair to say that when Tony was carrying such a huge offensive load for the Spurs, it came at the expense of his defense - and rightfully so.

When I refer to Parker playing "the best basketball of his career", I'm talking about his apparent evolution from a scoring guard, into a true "do everything, all-around PG". Since the start of this season, he's now morphed into a consistent scorer, defender, willing passer, who's making a run at Manu for the title, "best passer on the team". He's clearly focused on making his teammates better. Additionally and for the first time in his career, he's also become a major theft artist in the passing lanes.

For all those reasons, I still maintain that this sample start of the season, has been his best string of games. I hope he keeps it up.

:lol T Jastal

Nathan89
11-20-2010, 11:16 PM

:rolleyes

it's me
11-20-2010, 11:29 PM
IMO Erin (or we can say......NO Eva) has a lot to do with it.