PDA

View Full Version : Tony Parker PWNS Deron Williams with ease tonight ...

BRHornet45
11-19-2010, 11:32 PM
Parker was 11 of 17 shooting with 24pts, 7 assist, 4 rebounds, and 4 steals all while being a +21 for his team tonight.

Williams on the other hand was his usual self shooting a pathetic 7 of 19, turning the ball over 2 or 3 times, and looking absolutely lost without Boozer on the floor being a -9 for his team.

sons and to think some of you hated on me for saying that I would take Parker over Williams in a heartbeat ...

Pelicans78
11-19-2010, 11:35 PM
Parker is a free man now. Hasn't played this well in 3 years.

LkrFan
11-19-2010, 11:37 PM
Let's see if you can make this same thread...for CP. :toast

jestersmash
11-19-2010, 11:39 PM
The court is now TP's sanctuary.

j.dizzle
11-19-2010, 11:39 PM
All tony needs to do now is bang a Kardashian & he'll avg 25 & 15 lmao.

Pelicans78
11-19-2010, 11:40 PM

Hornets don't need CP3 to be great to win games.

Cry Havoc
11-19-2010, 11:42 PM
Hornets don't need CP3 to be great to win games.

:lmao Regular season smack talk forum.

Pelicans78
11-19-2010, 11:43 PM
:lmao Regular season smack talk forum.

:rolleyes

BRHornet45
11-19-2010, 11:55 PM

son King Paul is a leader, unlike Williams ... Tony Parker is a leader, unlike Williams

Paul knows how to control each and every aspect of the game without having to drop 30 points every night.

King Paul
Nash (still too early in the season to count him out)
Rose
Parker
Rondo
Williams

lefty
11-20-2010, 12:22 AM
TP>DWill>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> CP3

jestersmash
11-20-2010, 12:24 AM
son King Paul is a leader, unlike Williams ... Tony Parker is a leader, unlike Williams

Paul knows how to control each and every aspect of the game without having to drop 30 points every night.

King Paul
Nash (still too early in the season to count him out)
Rose
Parker
Rondo
Williams

We go by this season and this season alone thus far - Rose, Parker, and Rondo > Nash.

Blake
11-20-2010, 12:24 AM
Parker was 11 of 17 shooting with 24pts, 7 assist, 4 rebounds, and 4 steals all while being a +21 for his team tonight.

Williams on the other hand was his usual self shooting a pathetic 7 of 19, turning the ball over 2 or 3 times, and looking absolutely lost without Boozer on the floor being a -9 for his team.

sons and to think some of you hated on me for saying that I would take Parker over Williams in a heartbeat ...

TP was also hustling on D while Deron was slacking off, leaving open shooters.

BlackSwordsMan
11-20-2010, 12:27 AM
Will Eva longoria still make chris paul burritos when he comes to san antonio?

BRHornet45
11-20-2010, 12:29 AM
Will Eva longoria still make chris paul burritos when he comes to san antonio?

son last I heard Ms. Erin Barry will be taking care of King Paul when he comes back to San Antonio.

BRHornet45
11-20-2010, 12:30 AM
We go by this season and this season alone thus far - Rose, Parker, and Rondo > Nash.

son well then if its this season alone ...

King Paul
Parker
Rose
Rondo
Williams

rayjayjohnson
11-20-2010, 12:57 AM
maybe TP should get caught balls deep in his teammate's wife more often then.

rayjayjohnson
11-20-2010, 12:57 AM

King Paul
Parker
Rose
Rondo
Williams

TP over Rose? Son, you be trippin.

crc21209
11-20-2010, 01:23 AM
TP has always been underrated by the mainstream media. They put Nash, Paul, Williams, Billups, Rose, Rondo, and many more above him and for what reason I don't know. The dude only has 3 rings and 1 NBA Finals MVP...

jestersmash
11-20-2010, 01:29 AM
TP over Rose? Son, you be trippin.

I don't know if one could say that Rose is definitely better than Parker. The higher PPG is merely fool's gold - look at how many shots Rose takes per game compared to Parker.

Parker's more efficient (higher FG%), plays less minutes, and takes less shots. Point is, 25 > 18 is a deceptive figure.

Subjectively, it's clear that Rose is far more athletic than Parker. In that sense, he's one of those players that "looks" better than he actually is because many of his baskets near the rim simply look more sensational.

Parker's got the experience hands down - 3 rings, one Finals MVP, 3 all star appearances, an an All NBA 3rd team placement, and he's still 28 years old so he has a few more years before he steps past his prime.

jestersmash
11-20-2010, 01:32 AM
Oh, and Tony Parker's hall of fame probability is at 56% as of this moment, at least according to basketball reference's metric. And yet, he's almost never in the hall of fame discussion.

Voice of Reason
11-20-2010, 01:35 AM
Oh, and Tony Parker's hall of fame probability is at 56% as of this moment, at least according to basketball reference's metric. And yet, he's almost never in the hall of fame discussion.

Because he's not going to make it

crc21209
11-20-2010, 01:44 AM

:lmao

jestersmash
11-20-2010, 01:53 AM

He's not a lock, of course, but he's done enough to warrant discussion.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/hof_prob_active.html

My point is there are people who rank below him (again, according to basketball reference's metric which I'll admit is certainly not the end-all-be-all for hall of fame probabilistic models, but it's something to go by) who garner more "hall of fame" talk.

I think that, in turn, is a testament to how the media generally underrates Parker.

ezau
11-20-2010, 02:03 AM

King Paul
Parker
Rose
Rondo
Williams

The Hornets have been unreal this season and TBH, Paul might end up as MVP if he continues to play at this level.

Voice of Reason
11-20-2010, 02:08 AM
He's not a lock, of course, but he's done enough to warrant discussion.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/hof_prob_active.html

My point is there are people who rank below him (again, according to basketball reference's metric which I'll admit is certainly not the end-all-be-all for hall of fame probabilistic models, but it's something to go by) who garner more "hall of fame" talk.

I think that, in turn, is a testament to how the media generally underrates Parker.

Besides Pau Gasol (who may get in for his international and nba play) and Steve Nash (who's won back to back mvps & was widely considered the best or top 2 pg for a while) I don't see anyone on that list below Parker who people seriously say this guy should be a HoF'er right now.

I do agree that Parker is underrated, but not for the reason you mentioned (not being mentioned in HoF talk). Him not being in the HoF talk isn't underrating him, he hasn't really had a HoF career as of right now. Of course this all could change if the Spurs start going deep in the playoffs and winning chips again.