PDA

View Full Version : Quick Grades: Spurs at Jazz - Nov. 19

timvp
11-19-2010, 11:50 PM
http://www.sanantoniodispatch.com/quick-grades-nov19.jpg (http://www.sanantoniodispatch.com/san-antonio-spurs/spurs-grades/quick-grades-spurs-at-jazz/)

Quick Grades: Spurs at Jazz - Nov. 19 (http://www.sanantoniodispatch.com/san-antonio-spurs/spurs-grades/quick-grades-spurs-at-jazz/)

http://www.sanantoniodispatch.com/box-nov19.jpg

FvckMavs
11-19-2010, 11:51 PM
this is quick. Thanks.

Spurs Brazil
11-19-2010, 11:56 PM
GREAT win

TP was fantastic and TD also with a monster game. RJ and Manu were solid in the 4th and Blair was very good

Defense is getting better game after game

Bench was terrible, we'll need them to play better tomorrow

ducks
11-19-2010, 11:58 PM
4 steals ttp
blair 3 wow

Drewlius
11-19-2010, 11:58 PM
Bonner pump faking threes is probably the most god awful thing I've ever seen. Yes, he has improved that ugly looking floater, but he isn't out there for that. He absolutely should not be passing on those looks, it's the only reason he gets run. Only thing worse was when Roger and Ime used to do it, god is it bad.

jestersmash
11-19-2010, 11:59 PM
It pains me to see Bonner with the 0-6 and terrible interior defense get the same grade as Ginobili who clearly was off tonight but - contrary to what you said - actually had fine looks near the rim (many of them barely missing) and was really only terribly off from 3 point land (1-7). Not to mention he made a clutch driving floater over AK during crunch time and had only a single turnover.

I mean, he was 4-8 (50%) inside the arc, and at least a couple of his misses nearly went in.

But, they are your grades.

ducks
11-20-2010, 12:01 AM
manu is graded tougher because he is a better player then booner

Chomag
11-20-2010, 12:02 AM
Glad our starters could take it to the Jazz as our bench was pretty bad tonight.

EricB
11-20-2010, 12:03 AM
It pains me to see Bonner with the 0-6 and terrible interior defense get the same grade as Ginobili who clearly was off tonight but - contrary to what you said - actually had fine looks near the rim (many of them barely missing) and was really only terribly off from 3 point land (1-7). Not to mention he made a clutch driving floater over AK during crunch time and had only a single turnover.

I mean, he was 4-8 (50%) inside the arc, and at least a couple of his misses nearly went in.

But, they are your grades.

Manu is graded differently.

Had you paid attention the first 500 billion fucking times he's said this you'd understand that.

Mavs<Spurs
11-20-2010, 12:05 AM
Thank you Timvp !

I was very nervous about this game. I have LP, so I recorded it. However, I must admit that I was thinking that we would probably lose this game. Utah has made some amazing comebacks against some good teams. Our competition has not been that strong so far. We had won a lot of games in a row lately which could lead to complacency. And Utah is tough to beat at their place.

I could not even watch the game. I waited to see the score. Now, I can watch it knowing the Spurs won.

We have the longest winning streak in the league this season by far and are tied for the best record at 10-1. We have now come up with several good victories - against the Bulls, against the Thunder, and now against Utah. This is starting to look real. And apparently, our defense continues to improve.

Back to Back is notoriously difficult for us. So, we will see what tomorrow holds for us. I am really excited about how well we are doing !

:flag:

ducks
11-20-2010, 12:06 AM
jacking up 3 and keeping missing is quite stupid

jestersmash
11-20-2010, 12:07 AM
Manu is graded differently.

Had you paid attention the first 500 billion fucking times he's said this you'd understand that.

You mad? You sound a little mad. Calm down, boy. It's not my fault you've made laughably retarded comments as of late. You know, I wouldn't even be so hard on you if you weren't such an arrogant twat all the time. That said, I suppose I understand why you'd be frustrated. You don't like being shown up.

EricB
11-20-2010, 12:07 AM
I would disagree on Neal's grade. I thought he was caught out of position on D a lot and he showed IMO timidness on the offensive end with the 3 ball. He seems to have a decent floater off the glass, but again, I thought Neal has stunk two games in a row now. Another game tonight where James Anderson would've just been freaking perfect.

F'ing stress fracture.

Pauleta14
11-20-2010, 12:09 AM
You're hard on Timmy, 19pts, 14rbs and 3bcks...

Any other plyer with those stats would have an A++...

Anyway great win, unfortunately, the league/media/... are going to start giving us some respect now!

EricB
11-20-2010, 12:09 AM
You mad? You sound a little mad. Calm down, boy. It's not my fault you've made laughably retarded comments as of late. You know, I wouldn't even be so hard on you if you weren't such an arrogant twat all the time. That said, I suppose I understand why you'd be frustrated. You don't like being shown up.

Not mad at all.

Just pissed off when newbie dumbfuck posters like you continue to foul up what once was a perfect forum.

EricB
11-20-2010, 12:11 AM
You're hard on Timmy, 19pts, 14rbs and 3bcks...

Any other plyer with those stats would have an A++...

Anyway great win, unfortunately, the league/media/... are going to start giving us some respect now!

Yeah I thought Tim was good tonight, on D he let Jefferson beat him a couple times that was just headshakingly bad but other than that, I thought he was same ole groundhog.

Looking at the stats I could've sworn Jefferson had more than 2 rebounds. Huge offensive rebound in the fourth and again stepped up with a huge 3 in the 4th.

Hes starting to get a penchant for making 4th quarter 3s....

jestersmash
11-20-2010, 12:12 AM
Not mad at all.

Just pissed off when newbie dumbfuck posters like you continue to foul up what once was a perfect forum.

You really don't give up. You're going to continue acting like the elitist prick you are? Fine. I'm going to continue highlighting how absolutely fucking retarded you are thread after thread.

I like how you throw around words like "newbie" as though posting history on a forum actually matters. Then again, you don't come off as the intelligent type so it's perhaps not surprising that you'd fall victim to such logical fallacies.

TwoHandJam
11-20-2010, 12:14 AM
jacking up 3 and keeping missing is quite stupid

Ah, the venom for Manu from Ducks. Shocker.

Chomag
11-20-2010, 12:14 AM
Not mad at all.

I thought you said you werent mad at all?

Pauleta14
11-20-2010, 12:15 AM
I would disagree on Neal's grade. I thought he was caught out of position on D a lot and he showed IMO timidness on the offensive end with the 3 ball. He seems to have a decent floater off the glass, but again, I thought Neal has stunk two games in a row now. Another game tonight where James Anderson would've just been freaking perfect.

F'ing stress fracture.

It's a learning process for him, but overall I like his BB IQ (A nice pass at the bigining!) his agressiveness/fearless attitude!
He wasn't used that much today anyway! (13min)

Mavs<Spurs
11-20-2010, 12:16 AM
Not mad at all.

You are better than that, Eric. I know since you were kind enough to give my wife and I two tickets to Spurs / Mavs game 7 in 2006, an experience that I will never forget.

I hate that James Anderson has this stress fracture and is going to be out until sometime January. This would have been a great game for him and he has been great.

Manu is graded on a higher standard than Bonner because Manu is one of the best players in the NBA. By Manu standards, this was below average. :flag:

EricB
I thought you said you werent mad at all?

Theres a difference. Not mad at all. Spurs won, 10-1 best start in franchise history.

How could you find anything wrong in that?

mingus
You really don't give up. You're going to continue acting like the elitist prick you are? Fine. I'm going to continue highlighting how absolutely fucking retarded you are thread after thread.

I like how you throw around words like "newbie" as though posting history on a forum actually matters. Then again, you don't come off as the intelligent type so it's perhaps not surprising that you'd fall victim to such logical fallacies.

i don't even know why you waste your time with this fool. he's as dumb as a rock.

EricB
11-20-2010, 12:17 AM
It's a learning process for him, but overall I like his BB IQ (A nice pass at the bigining!) his agressiveness/fearless attitude!
He wasn't used that much today anyway! (13min)

Yeah true, but again, to me he looked bad out there. Also, those seemed like a long 13 minutes...

EricB
11-20-2010, 12:18 AM
You are better than that, Eric. I know since you were kind enough to give my wife and I two tickets to Spurs / Mavs game 7 in 2006, an experience that I will never forget.

I hate that James Anderson has this stress fracture and is going to be out until sometime January. This would have been a great game for him and he has been great.

Manu is graded on a higher standard than Bonner because Manu is one of the best players in the NBA. By Manu standards, this was below average. :flag:

Yeah the newbie bozos are annoying. Thats all.

Pauleta14
11-20-2010, 12:18 AM
Yeah I thought Tim was good tonight, on D he let Jefferson beat him a couple times that was just headshakingly bad but other than that, I thought he was same ole groundhog.

Looking at the stats I could've sworn Jefferson had more than 2 rebounds. Huge offensive rebound in the fourth and again stepped up with a huge 3 in the 4th.

Hes starting to get a penchant for making 4th quarter 3s....

His game still really amazes me, so fluid sometime, so smart in his decisions, even his blocks looked smooth tonight!
In France, we say he is like the good wine, the older he gets, the better he is...
I just can't see Tim retires before 5 or 6 years!!!

Chomag
11-20-2010, 12:19 AM
Theres a difference. Not mad at all. Spurs won, 10-1 best start in franchise history.

How could you find anything wrong in that?

You said you were not mad, then turned around and said you were pissed off in the same post. Pissed off is a form of being mad...last time I checked anyway.

EricB
11-20-2010, 12:20 AM
His game still really amazes me, so fluid sometime, so smart in his decisions, even his blocks looked smooth tonight!
In France, we say he is like the good wine, the older he gets, the better he is...
I just can't see Tim retires before 5 or 6 years!!!

Yeah he even busted out a couple of spin moves in the block tonight on Elson and Milsap.

We have the same saying here too BTW :)

EricB
11-20-2010, 12:20 AM
You said you were not mad, then turned around and said you were pissed off in the same post. Pissed off is a form of being mad...last time I checked anyway.

Whats your point?

Chomag
11-20-2010, 12:23 AM
Whats your point?

Point is.. never mind. No point in talking to someone that only hears themselves I guess.

EricB
11-20-2010, 12:23 AM
Point is.. never mind. No point in talking to someone that only hears themselves I guess.

boo freaking hoo. God answer the question and grow up.

TDMVPDPOY
11-20-2010, 12:24 AM
lol if duncan avgs 19 13 3 for the season at his current avg minutes...thats around d12s stats who is avg more minutes then duncan

maybe we can start with the mvp and dpoy chants

Chomag
11-20-2010, 12:24 AM
boo freaking hoo. God answer the question and grow up.

I just did.

rayray2k8
11-20-2010, 12:25 AM
I just did.

:lol

EricB
11-20-2010, 12:26 AM
I just did.

Answered it with a "ho hum i won't respond i'll just settle for an insult phrased in a philosophical way."

Chomag
11-20-2010, 12:27 AM
Answered it with a "ho hum i won't respond i'll just settle for an insult phrased in a philosophical way."

Ya kinda sucks when people do that right?

jestersmash
11-20-2010, 12:28 AM

+1. Chomag - leave the philosophical portion out of it. Just respond with insults only like EricB does so often to people he arbitrarily deems inferior - possibly based on irrelevant statistics like post count or forum join date.

EricB
11-20-2010, 12:29 AM
+1. Chomag - leave the philosophical portion out of it. Just respond with insults only like EricB does so often to people he arbitrarily deems inferior - possibly based on irrelevant statistics like post count or forum join date.

Or previous posts.

DPG21920
11-20-2010, 12:29 AM
Not mad at all.

What is your problem? Get over yourself.

EricB
11-20-2010, 12:30 AM
Ya kinda sucks when people do that right?

Sucks when good posters like you do it, yeah.

Manufan909
11-20-2010, 12:30 AM
This thread got sucky at record speeds.

EricB
11-20-2010, 12:31 AM
What is your problem? Get over yourself.

Read or scroll. Make up your mind.

Ross Parrot
11-20-2010, 12:31 AM
Sup, forum :hat

Chomag
11-20-2010, 12:32 AM
Sucks when good posters like you do it, yeah.

I would say the same for you.

angelbelow
11-20-2010, 12:35 AM
Lol damn EricB is highjacking the thread. Just dont respond to them man.

Frenchise player
11-20-2010, 12:37 AM
Loved the way the Spurs never lost control even tough they were putrid from behind the 3 point line.
Every time Parker outplays Deron, the Spurs should win against the Jazz.

ElNono
11-20-2010, 12:37 AM
Gritty win. Felt like Bonner played an eternity out there providing nothing. Props to Pop for going back to Blair to close out, since he looked comfortable out there today.

I agree with the grades. Manu was off, but as usual had a clutch move (drive on Kirilenko) to give us a cushion at the end. Tim was great, he carried us for stretches, although it was expected up to a certain extent since Big Al is a fairly poor defender.
Tony was really good I thought. Hard to check when his J is falling.
I though Jefferson did also a great job on D. Some nice blocks and contested quite a few shots at the rim. After 11 games, I can finally tell you I'm sold on his transformation over the summer. Hope he keeps it up.

Man In Black
11-20-2010, 12:39 AM
Splitter must be chomping at the bit to get in. THis would have been a good game to see him battle with Paul Milsap and Al Jefferson.

It was a bit unsettling to watch the large lead nearly disappear but this team is gritty and I like the effort. :hat

angelbelow
11-20-2010, 12:39 AM
I like that Timvp have different grading scales though. Duncan made a few mistakes so I think his grade is fair. Its not like B+ is a devastating grade.

DesignatedT
11-20-2010, 12:41 AM
Love how we continue to win while going through different types of adversity. This was probably Manu's worst game of the year (since he's been playing so well) and we continue to win games on the road.

Also, The 3 ball wasn't working for us all game and we found away to win without it, another good sign.

EricB
11-20-2010, 12:43 AM
Love how we continue to win while going through different types of adversity. This was probably Manu's worst game of the year (since he's been playing so well) and we continue to win games on the road.

Also, The 3 ball wasn't working for us all game and we found away to win without it, another good sign.

Manu Jefferson again Neal and Bonner were off three point wise. Last year they would've lost this game.

Jefferson however in the 4th with his drives clutch three rebounding and defense was just unreal. When does it go to "wait and see" to expecting it every night effort from 24?

Sotongball21
11-20-2010, 12:43 AM
It was a good win. It shows that we still could have won without hitting our threes. This was a smart move by Pop. Jazz was a team on a high, playing with playoff intensity, and Pop pretty much played a playoff rotation.
But Splitter should have had more minutes though.

EricB
11-20-2010, 12:44 AM
I like that Timvp have different grading scales though. Duncan made a few mistakes so I think his grade is fair. Its not like B+ is a devastating grade.

Exactly.

You can't grade Matt Bonner and Tim Duncan the same.

jestersmash
11-20-2010, 12:46 AM
Anyone recall who the help defender (should have) been on those plays where Williams posted Parker up for easy scores? That matchup demanded a double team, and yet the help defender failed his duty twice - leading to easy scores by DWill.

Not going to fault Parker for that one; he did all he could given his size disadvantage. Splitter has been pretty decent on help defense during the limited minutes he's seen. I was hoping to see Pop put him for this reason alone (given that Splitter's ability to guard the paint is superior to Bonner's) especially considering the fact that Bonner's shooting touch was off this game anyway.

If nothing else, it'll at least give Pop things to harp about tomorrow in the wake of a win.

EricB
11-20-2010, 12:47 AM
Manu tweeted he thinks the rims are smaller in Utah :lol

DPG21920
11-20-2010, 12:49 AM
Read or scroll. Make up your mind.

:lmao Couldn't you follow the same advice when you act like prick? Sometimes you are the absolute worst poster on this site.

It's sad.

EricB
11-20-2010, 12:49 AM
:lmao Couldn't you follow the same advice when you act like prick? Sometimes you are the absolute worst poster on this site.

It's sad.

Yet you keep following me around....

DPG21920
11-20-2010, 12:50 AM
Nice random throw away line :tu

:lmao TPark

Pauleta14
11-20-2010, 12:52 AM

Agree, but if he was giving a grade to the best PF of all time, timvp probably should have given him nothing more than a C tonight...:lol

mazerrackham
11-20-2010, 12:53 AM
can we check the testosterone at the door and comment on the subject at hand instead of getting into pointless arguments? So anyway, thanks for the grades LJ

EricB
11-20-2010, 12:53 AM
Nice random throw away line :tu

:lmao TPark

:lmao stalker

DPG21920
11-20-2010, 12:56 AM
Read or scroll prick....

DPG21920
11-20-2010, 12:56 AM
Looks like someone was drinking tonight and decided to reveal his real self.

:lmao changing your name because you were a prick only to become a bigger prick under a different name.

z0sa
11-20-2010, 01:00 AM
Not mad at all.

lol douche

EricB
11-20-2010, 01:02 AM
Looks like someone was drinking tonight and decided to reveal his real self.

:lmao changing your name because you were a prick only to become a bigger prick under a different name.

Sorry I don't drink.

Keep assuming.

mazerrackham
11-20-2010, 01:02 AM
can we check the testosterone at the door and comment on the subject at hand instead of getting into pointless arguments? So anyway, thanks for the grades LJ
well, I tried...

DPG21920
11-20-2010, 01:04 AM
Sorry I don't drink.

Keep assuming.

So you are prick without drinking? Incredible.

DPG21920
11-20-2010, 01:05 AM
Anyways....

Great win tonight. This was a different style than we are used to (meaning this year) and it was a huge road win against a quality opponent.

Hill and Blair are slowly creeping towards playing well and that would go a long way.

crc21209
11-20-2010, 01:05 AM
Anytime you can pick up a win IN Utah, its a plus. Everything just seems to go wrong for a team when you play there...the calls, the bounces of the ball, you name it. I loved the way TD was aggressive on offense tonight and used his body on the block to score. I also love the aggressiveness from RJ. Even if he's missing 3's sometimes...he takes it to the hole and usually gets to the line every single time...HUGE. TP is just playing at a very high level right now and playing like a Top 5 PG right now. His past 3 games have been damn good...going up against 3 top-tier PG's in Westbrook, Rose, and Williams TP put up 24 pts 3 asts, 21 pts 7 asts, and 24 pts 7 asts tonight. Blair played his best game of the season tonight, staying strong on the boards and finishing at the rim. :tu I'm a little lost as to why Pop didnt go to Splitter tonight with Bonner jacking up brick after brick....I HOPE we see him tomorrow night...

Chomag
11-20-2010, 01:14 AM
Honestly the only real negative thing I can say about Bonner tonight was his hesitation at shooting. He really needs to just go up and take those when open. Once a player starts second guessing himself it becomes a domino effect on their confidence.

crc21209
11-20-2010, 01:17 AM
TD was on NBATV's "Arena Link" segment to talk about the win and him passing Big Dave for #1 on the Spurs All-Time NBA Scoring List. Here's the link:

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2010/11/20/20101119_duncan_arena.nba/?ref=nf

JR3
11-20-2010, 01:29 AM
I was there tonight! Here is a pic of Me and Manu! He signed my hat and a card. We sucked at 3s and free throws and still won! I'll take it! Proud of TIM!!!
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs938.snc4/75114_896079257917_9632572_46515225_116844_n.jpg

Chomag
11-20-2010, 01:30 AM
I was there tonight! Here is a pic of Me and Manu! He signed my hat and a card. We sucked at 3s and free throws and still won! I'll take it! Proud of TIM!!!
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs938.snc4/75114_896079257917_9632572_46515225_116844_n.jpg

Love MAnu's expression in that Pic :lol
Thanks for sharing it, and glad you enjoyed the game there :toast

crc21209
11-20-2010, 01:33 AM

Sweet! :toast

JR3
11-20-2010, 01:34 AM
Love MAnu's expression in that Pic :lol
Thanks for sharing it, and glad you enjoyed the game there :toast

lol.. I know... it would have been funny if I had the same confused look on my face.. I'll go for that next time!:toast

jestersmash
11-20-2010, 01:44 AM
I managed to get Ginobili to autograph my shirt during his pre-game warmup last season. I was the lone spurs fan wearing his jersey at houston's toyota center while the spurs were on the road. Pays to get seats near the floor -

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/5986/spursatrockets.jpg

and to be the lone fan amongst the enemy. Had this been the AT&T center I doubt I would've gotten anything. Actually scratch that - I'm sure I would not have gotten anything. He stops to give an autograph to one fan during his warmup at the AT&T center, and he's just signed himself up to hand out autographs to the 50 other spurs fans sitting nearby.

JR3
11-20-2010, 01:57 AM
I managed to get Ginobili to autograph my shirt during his pre-game warmup last season. I was the lone spurs fan wearing his jersey at houston's toyota center while the spurs were on the road. Pays to get seats near the floor - and to be the lone fan amongst the enemy. Had this been the AT&T center I doubt I would've gotten anything. Actually scratch that - I'm sure I would not have gotten anything. He stops to give an autograph to one fan during his warmup at the AT&T center, and he's just signed himself up to hand out autographs to the 50 other spurs fans sitting nearby.

I definitely wasn't the only Spurs fan there, but I would imagine a home game would be much harder though. I will be at a home game in December and I don't think I'll even try. In the pic, I'm wearing my authentic personalized jersey #3- I had it before Hill did. I'm having the Big 3 Sign it. I just need Duncan, but he rarely signs autographs these days....

polandprzem
11-20-2010, 04:01 AM
:lmao 'gain @ Tpark

will_spurs
11-20-2010, 04:14 AM
If scoring 24 pts on 65% shooting with 7 assists, 4 steals, 4 rebounds, dominating the opposing team "elite / best in the NBA" PG, defending like crazy and "dribbling a little too much at times" only gets Parker an A-, I wonder what he has to do to get an A+, or even an A. Maybe save the world? ;)

I'm looking forward to the full report.

Pauleta14
11-20-2010, 05:05 AM
If scoring 24 pts on 65% shooting with 7 assists, 4 steals, 4 rebounds, dominating the opposing team "elite / best in the NBA" PG, defending like crazy and "dribbling a little too much at times" only gets Parker an A-, I wonder what he has to do to get an A+, or even an A. Maybe save the world? ;)

I'm looking forward to the full report.

+1

I wanted to say the same, but with the french flag people are going to say it's because I'm a TP Homer... :lol

It was a perfect game from him, Tony was the consumate PG tonight, he scored when needed with great efficiency, his energy on D was outstanding, he rebounded, dished... he deserves an A at least!

igruex
11-20-2010, 09:09 AM
He's Tony Parker, he can play a lot better.

It's been said several times on this very thread but again: Timvp's grading for each player, it's a relative measure.

+1

I wanted to say the same, but with the french flag people are going to say it's because I'm a TP Homer... :lol

It was a perfect game from him, Tony was the consumate PG tonight, he scored when needed with great efficiency, his energy on D was outstanding, he rebounded, dished... he deserves an A at least!

Agloco
11-20-2010, 10:00 AM
I'd have to give Timmy an A for last night. Did anyone else notice how mobile he looked at most times?

I remember him going right by Jefferson in the first quarter and geting to the hoop. Yeah he missed, but still, you don't see that very often from him anymore. Also on the defensive end he kept on bothering shots and even sent a Jefferson dunk attempt "back to the kitchen" as Elliott puts it. :lol

ChuckD
11-20-2010, 10:07 AM

History on the forum does matter, because if you had some, you'd understand how the fucking grades worked, instead of having some emo meltdown over Manu's grade versus Bonner's.

Mark in Austin
11-20-2010, 10:20 AM
Another game tonight where James Anderson would've just been freaking perfect.

F'ing stress fracture.

Man I agree. There's such a small margin of error in the west that losing what was turning out to be a fantastic role player from the rotation kills me. I have been very impressed with Anderson's shot and BBIQ - I'm sure at some point he missed a 3, but it seemed like the more the Spurs needed one the more likely his was to go in - kind of like a bizzaro Bonner.

I hope he's paying attention and learning as much as he can from the sidelines. SA has to have dependable shooters to even have a shot against LA.

Bender
11-20-2010, 10:36 AM
these grade arguments will never end. There will always be people who think the grades are as compared to everybody... Manu gets a C and Bonner gets a C, so that must mean Bonner was as good as Manu...!!?? NO...

it means Manu played average in terms of how HE plays... and Bonner played average in terms of how Bonner normally plays...

Tim got a B+... some people say it should be an A. Well an A would mean Tim played as good as he can... which is clearly not true. Tim himself said in the post-game quotes that he really hasn't gotten in his rhythm yet...

quentin_compson
11-20-2010, 10:44 AM
I was concerned in the third quarter, when the Spurs did nothing but miss open threes. Good thing they got the ball back into the paint in the fourth. Blair did contribute nicely, especially with his offensive boards, and Hill seems to be getting back into gear as well.
Parker is having a great season so far. :toast

E-RockWill
11-20-2010, 11:03 AM

That's damn funny right there.

Thanks, timvp. Nice work as usual. :toast

Solid D
11-20-2010, 12:25 PM
I agree that Neal wasn't very impressive defensively. Most of Gary's minutes were at SF, offense and defense. He had CJ Miles almost exclusively with a rep or 2 on Raja.

Gary didn't see both ball and man on a baseline OB play to Miles for a basket. Then another time, Gary hesitated slightly when he rotated over after Bonner left to trap Williams, fouling Millsap's eye as he flashed to the basket.

However, you could say the same about Ginobili on a few plays, too (leaving Bell in the corner in favor of Elson to allow a good 3 look at the end of the 1st half).

Gary made some smart plays on offense. Considering Pop is using Neal as RJ's backup, often guarding 6-6 and 6-7 players, he's doing fine.

Good grade judgments otherwise. Pop is treating rotations like it is Feb-March instead of November.

Mark in Austin
11-20-2010, 02:25 PM
Most of Gary's minutes were at SF, offense and defense.... Considering Pop is using Neal as RJ's backup, often guarding 6-6 and 6-7 players, he's doing fine.

I hope this turns out better than Mason at the 1. Hopefully Green can pick up things quickly and Anderson comes back.

I really disagree with the concept of forcing shooters to defend a position other than their natural one. Great shooters usually aren't great defenders to begin with. If they have to work even harder than normal defensively to stay on the floor, that's energy they need to be using to hit shots.

jestersmash
11-20-2010, 03:53 PM
History on the forum does matter, because if you had some, you'd understand how the fucking grades worked, instead of having some emo meltdown over Manu's grade versus Bonner's.

Not a bad routine. Calling another person "emo" definitely elevates your "tough guy" status on the internet.

I find it funny that you keep assuming that I did not know how the grades worked before this game. In fact, I do know how the grades work. I knew how the grades worked before you pompous cock juggling thundercunts decided to hijack this thread by going off on your "veteran poster" circle jerk.

I already asked timvp how the grades worked weeks ago after the Spurs/Suns game, and he responded -

I mean, are these grades absolute? Duncan B+, Dyess B+. Does that suggest that both of their efforts were comparable?

Or is this a "B+ game for duncan" and a B+ game for Dyess?

Latter.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165264

I never made my initial comment in this thread because I lacked knowledge of how the grades worked. But I appreciate the fact that you assumed incorrectly from the get go, because it makes my job easier. Now, instead of having to discuss and elaborate on your mental shortcomings in depth, I'll simply let your asinine, assuming, tool-ish comments do the work for me.

Do you live in New York (I'm making an educated guess based on your favorite team). I'm in New york from december 29 through January 3rd to enjoy New Year's. We should meet up, I'll buy you an appletini.

Darkwaters
11-20-2010, 04:43 PM
+1

TP Homer...

It's cause hes French...you're French...isn't it?

:p:

Mr.Robinson
11-20-2010, 07:17 PM

Tony Parker is letting himself go with the divorce.

wildbill2u
11-20-2010, 07:40 PM
I think it is a good sign that we can have a game where only a couple of guys play well, a couple are OK, and we still beat a contender in the West at home where they are extremely tough to beat.

Keep pounding that rock, Spurs!

Pauleta14
11-20-2010, 07:51 PM
TP Homer...

It's cause hes French...you're French...isn't it?

:p:

You got me Sherlock! :lol

ChuckD
11-20-2010, 08:20 PM
It pains me to see Bonner with the 0-6 and terrible interior defense get the same grade as Ginobili.

Blah, blah, blah...thundercunts...blah, blah, blah...I know how the fucking grades work...blah, blah, blah

...when clearly you don't, from your first post, comparing two players grades as if they were comparable, and not the grade of each player's abilities and ceiling. Nice second emo meltdown too. :lmao

jestersmash
11-20-2010, 09:01 PM
...when clearly you don't, from your first post, comparing two players grades as if they were comparable, and not the grade of each player's abilities and ceiling. Nice second emo meltdown too. :lmao

You done? Are you going to contribute anything useful to this topic or are you going to continue acting like a toolbag with your senseless flaming?

ChuckD
11-20-2010, 09:44 PM
You done? Are you going to contribute anything useful to this topic or are you going to continue acting like a toolbag with your senseless flaming?

Pointing out that you don't seem to apply the knowledge of the grading system that timvp gave you is flaming? Can you see by that first post (comparing player grades) how someone might think you didn't have that knowledge?

Nathan89
11-20-2010, 09:50 PM
Tony Parker is letting himself go with the divorce.

:lmao Funny comment. Nothing against that guys look though.

jestersmash
11-20-2010, 09:56 PM
Pointing out that you don't seem to apply the knowledge of the grading system that timvp gave you is flaming? Can you see by that first post (comparing player grades) how someone might think you didn't have that knowledge?

Of course. My initial post was ambiguous and unclear, but your assumptions were still incorrect.

Actually, the fact that your assumptions were incorrect (Again, I don't actually blame you, I admit that my post was ambiguous and unclear) wasn't even the point to begin with.

The point is - we have a 7+ year spurstalk "veteran" trolling the forums as of late by going on some ridiculous "holier than thou" crusade insulting posters based on irrelevant factors like post count and join date (Just to be clear, I'm not talking about you).

The ironic part is that many of his recent "holier than thou" rage-based posts have been nothing short of retarded, and I'm not going to go into specifics now because I think we've all derailed the intended point of this thread enough.

pjjrfan
11-21-2010, 11:21 AM
They won in Utah, which is big in my view. They took the crowd out of the game consistently and at the end just took over, Tony always dribbles too much, but this year the results are much better than last season's. Tony is on a tear, he is giving opponents a lot of headaches.

Mr.Robinson
11-21-2010, 07:23 PM
:lmao Funny comment. Nothing against that guys look though.

Yeah. Nothing against him at all.