PDA

View Full Version : # 1 reason why Kobe is still having these 8/27 shooting games

LeHeat_Dynasty
11-20-2010, 09:39 AM
The media is finally giving Gasol the credit he deserves. (He has ranked above Kobe since the beggining of the year in terms of MVP ranking from almost every media outlet) and IMO this is why Kobe is still having these aweful shooting games. Perhaps, he's out to prove that regardless of Gasol's ridiculous efficiency and value, the Lakers is his team and he can take all the shots whenever and as much as he wants. There's really no other explanation to have games like 8/27 against Minnesota, 9/22 against Sacramento, 12/28 against Minnesota again & 11/32 against Denver when your team has the deepest rotation in the league. And especially when the Lakers undisputed best player is having a career year. (Gasol has sanked 29 of his last 47 FGA for the past few games, an outstanding 61% FG efficiency and a 26.3 PER rating)

I'm disappointed with Kobe. A highly accomplished NBA veteran shouldn't be this selfish anymore. I hope two things happen at the end of the season, either A. The Lakers lose an NBA Finals rematch against the Celtics or Denver with Kobe having a usual 6/24 shooting game on elimination day or B. Pau Gasol wins MVP or Finals MVP to rub it in Kobe's face.

Giuseppe
11-20-2010, 10:36 AM
I hope two things happen at the end of the season, either A. The Lakers lose an NBA Finals rematch against the Celtics or Denver with Kobe having a usual 6/24 shooting game on elimination day

Celtics tried havin' both.

Uh, uh.

Venti Quattro
11-20-2010, 10:37 AM
He wanted to match Matt Barnes' hot shooting. Or probably he was trying to relieve his injured finger of pain and the best way to do it was by shooting

Voice of Reason
11-20-2010, 10:41 AM
He wanted to match Matt Barnes' hot shooting. Or probably he was trying to relieve his injured finger of pain and the best way to do it was by shooting

:lol

Nahtanoj
11-20-2010, 10:58 AM
This Koby Bylan, soooo selfish...

Baseline
11-20-2010, 01:13 PM
The media is finally giving Gasol the credit he deserves. (He has ranked above Kobe since the beggining of the year in terms of MVP ranking from almost every media outlet) and IMO this is why Kobe is still having these aweful shooting games. Perhaps, he's out to prove that regardless of Gasol's ridiculous efficiency and value, the Lakers is his team and he can take all the shots whenever and as much as he wants. There's really no other explanation to have games like 8/27 against Minnesota, 9/22 against Sacramento, 12/28 against Minnesota again & 11/32 against Denver when your team has the deepest rotation in the league. And especially when the Lakers undisputed best player is having a career year. (Gasol has sanked 29 of his last 47 FGA for the past few games, an outstanding 61% FG efficiency and a 26.3 PER rating)

I'm disappointed with Kobe. A highly accomplished NBA veteran shouldn't be this selfish anymore. I hope two things happen at the end of the season, either A. The Lakers lose an NBA Finals rematch against the Celtics or Denver with Kobe having a usual 6/24 shooting game on elimination day or B. Pau Gasol wins MVP or Finals MVP to rub it in Kobe's face.

Couldn't agree more. Gasol is shooting 58.5% this year, and Odom 55%. Bryant is shooting 42.9%. But what else is new?

To me, Bryant makes the game more difficult for his teammates because he has to get his shots and his numbers. But anybody who has played the game at any decent level has seen guys like Bryant - a lot of talent, but it's all about him. If Bryant simply fed the post all game long, the Lakers would be very difficult to beat.

It's just so terrible that the Lakers won Game 7 last year despite his 6-24 atrocity. And who won that game? Gasol, of course. Gasol has been the unquestionable MVP of the lakers since he arrived in LA.

j.dizzle
11-20-2010, 01:26 PM
Couldn't agree more. Gasol is shooting 58.5% this year, and Odom 55%. Bryant is shooting 42.9%. But what else is new?

To me, Bryant makes the game more difficult for his teammates because he has to get his shots and his numbers. But anybody who has played the game at any decent level has seen guys like Bryant - a lot of talent, but it's all about him. If Bryant simply fed the post all game long, the Lakers would be very difficult to beat.

It's just so terrible that the Lakers won Game 7 last year despite his 6-24 atrocity. And who won that game? Gasol, of course. Gasol has been the unquestionable MVP of the lakers since he arrived in LA.
:lmaoWtf kind of line is this? Are we talking about the same team that has gone to the finals 3 years straight & just lifted up a banner 2 years straight? Ppl seem to forget all the games where nobody but Bryant showed up on the road in big playoff games. Pau gets a ton of looks but likes to pass the ball too. Once Bynum comes back the ball will be thrown into the post like crazy.

greyforest
11-20-2010, 01:36 PM
remember kobe's amazing performance in game 7 of the finals last june?

21_Blessings
11-20-2010, 01:39 PM

Yeah, I remember those 15 boards and All-NBA 1st team level D.

Also, I recall the Lakers won... I mean repeated.

Chris Fall
11-20-2010, 01:48 PM
pau is clearly better than kobe but he's also better than lebron

Donkeybong
11-20-2010, 01:59 PM
:lmaoWtf kind of line is this? Are we talking about the same team that has gone to the finals 3 years straight & just lifted up a banner 2 years straight? Ppl seem to forget all the games where nobody but Bryant showed up on the road in big playoff games. Pau gets a ton of looks but likes to pass the ball too. Once Bynum comes back the ball will be thrown into the post like crazy.

truth

11-20-2010, 03:46 PM
yeah, the ball will be thrown in the post like crazy - to kobe, like last season even though gasol/bynum/artest are all better in the post than him.

Giuseppe
11-20-2010, 04:51 PM

Yep, those three suicide drives below the dotted circle in the 4th quarter. Wasn't one f'in' thing the Celtics could do but stand there, take it & like it. And you know what else? Bryant knew it when he went.

LkrFan
11-20-2010, 05:59 PM
Yeah, I remember those 15 boards and All-NBA 1st team level D.

Also, I recall the Lakers won... I mean repeated - which is something the Sp*rs have never done.
Fixed. :toast