PDA

View Full Version : True Grit 2011

DarkReign
11-20-2010, 12:38 PM
s8QLMWN0yNs

qo-RDJb4W28

The very first John Wayne movie I ever saw and still my favorite is True Grit. Rooster Cogburn (sp?) is one the greatest badasses in all of film.

Honestly, I think this remake looks fantastic, but the film's ultimate success hinges on the young girl's (character Mattie Ross) performance, IMO.

DarkReign
11-20-2010, 12:42 PM
God damn, re-watching that, just looks more badass.

"I aint afraid of no....booger-man."

The Reckoning
11-20-2010, 01:06 PM
jeff bridges is awesome for that role.

Trainwreck2100
11-20-2010, 01:16 PM
omg i felt the say way when i saw it ans posted it here 3 days ago, also it comes out in 2010 not 2011`

DarkReign
11-20-2010, 01:20 PM
hmm, I did a search for "true grit" and nothing came up. Sorry, doo.

...and youre right, its Christmas this year. I suck at thread starting.

I Cut
11-20-2010, 01:29 PM
The Coen's are skating on thin ice with this as far as I'm concerned.

The Reckoning
11-20-2010, 01:50 PM
this movie is supposed to be another take on the book and not necessarily a remake. the original was alot like a comedy, but this one is "grittier." personally i like the idea of a more raw rooster.

BlairForceDejuan
11-20-2010, 03:20 PM
Brolin + Bridges = Epic Western

Damon...meh

CuckingFunt
11-20-2010, 06:41 PM
Brolin + Bridges = Epic Western

Damon...meh

I don't know how anyone could have watched Matt Damon's career over the last few years and not be excited about pretty much anything he does. He's more than proven his acting chops, at this point, and has been thoroughly impressive in comedy, drama, and action.

IronMexican
11-20-2010, 08:14 PM
That looked fucking awesome. I cannot wait for this.

I Cut
11-20-2010, 10:32 PM
I don't know how anyone could have watched Matt Damon's career over the last few years and not be excited about pretty much anything he does. He's more than proven his acting chops, at this point, and has been thoroughly impressive in comedy, drama, and action.

How is he in that soccer movie? The name escapes me.

Trainwreck2100
11-20-2010, 11:56 PM
its rugby not soccer

DarkReign
11-21-2010, 02:39 PM

Invictus, I believe.

CubanSucks
11-21-2010, 03:23 PM

:lmao
Are you fucking retarded? How could you get the panziest sport confused with the toughest

Spursfan092120
11-21-2010, 04:47 PM
He was awesome in Invictus...he's become a damn good actor. Wasn't a big fan of his at first, but he's won me over with some great chops...Really liked the Bourne movies.

benefactor
11-21-2010, 05:51 PM
That looked fucking awesome. I cannot wait for this.
:tu

ShoogarBear
11-21-2010, 08:45 PM

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

cornbread
11-21-2010, 09:29 PM
It's been a while since a trailer got me this excited. Nothing cooler than late 1880's Texas Ranger stories.

DarkReign
11-21-2010, 11:12 PM

The Dude abides.

I Cut
11-22-2010, 11:47 AM
its rugby not soccer

Rugby. Soccer. You kick a fucking ball in both of them. Thanks anyway.

I Cut
11-22-2010, 11:51 AM
Are you fucking retarded? How could you get the panziest sport confused with the toughest

Excuse the fuck out of me. Confusing one sport where no one wears pads, you kick a fucking ball and you run all over the damn place with another sport where no one wears pads, you kick a fucking ball and you run all over the damn place. Thanks. Jeez. You really set me straight, tough guy.

monosylab1k
11-22-2010, 12:07 PM
Excuse the fuck out of me. Confusing one sport where no one wears pads, you kick a fucking ball and you run all over the damn place with another sport where no one wears pads, you kick a fucking ball and you run all over the damn place. Thanks. Jeez. You really set me straight, tough guy.

They wear light padding in both sports. Moreso in rugby. Just sayin.

MsMcGillyCutty
11-22-2010, 12:22 PM
You can't redo the Duke.

tlongII
11-22-2010, 01:54 PM
I have mixed feelings about this. True Grit is one of the great Westerns of all time imo. I'm not sure how a remake will be.

MannyIsGod
11-23-2010, 07:30 PM
Trailer looks awesome. Bridges is going to have a hell of a holiday season.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
11-23-2010, 07:37 PM
Looks great, I love westerns and anything by the Coen brothers

ididnotnothat
11-23-2010, 07:37 PM
Trailer looks awesome. Bridges is going to have a hell of a holiday season.

Too bad his "comeback" will be short lived. This is going to suck.

MannyIsGod
11-23-2010, 07:46 PM
Well see. If anything I think Tron will suck because this just looks too good regarding cast and of course the Coens.

ShoogarBear
11-23-2010, 07:59 PM
I never got the Tron hype. Do people really consider the original such a classic?

monosylab1k
12-22-2010, 04:42 PM
Just got back from seeing this :tu Damn good stuff, sir. Jeff Bridges is terrific.

monosylab1k
12-22-2010, 04:49 PM
Also, a little bit surprised it wasn't rated R. I don't know that I've seen violence on display so graphically in a PG-13. Not like it's Hostel or anything, it's just surprising, considering movies like There Will Be Blood got rated R for one scene where you don't even see what happens.

benefactor
12-22-2010, 05:32 PM
Really looking forward to it. I'm gonna try to squeeze it in before Christmas.

EricB
12-22-2010, 06:49 PM
Definitely seeing this when i get back to the states...

leemajors
12-22-2010, 07:37 PM
Just got back from seeing this :tu Damn good stuff, sir. Jeff Bridges is terrific.

:tu

Agreed about the rating too, especially with some of the deaths.

benefactor
12-22-2010, 07:47 PM
Critics are raving about the little girl. Initial thoughts about her performance?

MANGINA
12-22-2010, 07:59 PM
It was good but once again a movie is over hyped.

leemajors
12-22-2010, 11:09 PM
Critics are raving about the little girl. Initial thoughts about her performance?

The girl was very good. It may have had its problems, but they were not with her or bridges.

Viva Las Espuelas
12-23-2010, 12:50 PM
Pretty good flick. Lot of similarities but lots of different takes. Someone said here it wasn't a remake, but it sure felt like one. First and foremost his damn eye patch was on the wrong frickin' eye. This definitely had the better Mattie(little girl). The Dude did a good job. There really wasn't an Coen-isms in the flick but maybe the Bear dude. That was pretty odd.

Viva Las Espuelas
12-23-2010, 12:51 PM
pretty solid. didn't see if she had a golden globe nomination.

leemajors
12-23-2010, 01:17 PM
Pretty good flick. Lot of similarities but lots of different takes. Someone said here it wasn't a remake, but it sure felt like one. First and foremost his damn eye patch was on the wrong frickin' eye. This definitely had the better Mattie(little girl). The Dude did a good job. There really wasn't an Coen-isms in the flick but maybe the Bear dude. That was pretty odd.

I thought that the whole interaction between the girl and Tom Chaney in the river was pure Coen, as well as her negotiating. She reminded me a bit of Jennifer Jason Leigh's rapid fire speech/thinking in Hudsucker - whip smart woman making men look like fools. But I never cared for John Wayne and haven't seen the original.

monosylab1k
12-23-2010, 02:24 PM

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/12/21/true-grit-then-and-now-political-eye-patches-and-a-girl-named/

Wayne wore a patch over his left eye, which allowed him to view the world through his right one. That made sense, according to "American Thinker," because of Wayne's politics. Bridges, however, wears his patch over his right eye, allegedly allowing him to see the world . . . well, differently.

no idea if Rooster Cogburn even wore a patch in the book, maybe someone can clarify it.

DesignatedT
12-23-2010, 02:29 PM
This looks badass. Definitely seeing it soon.

Viva Las Espuelas
12-23-2010, 02:48 PM
http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/12/21/true-grit-then-and-now-political-eye-patches-and-a-girl-named/

hmm. had no clue over that.

MoSpur
12-23-2010, 04:20 PM
I wanna try to see this movie tomorrow. Its been a long time since a good Western movie has come out.

DesignatedT
12-23-2010, 06:44 PM
I wanna try to see this movie tomorrow. Its been a long time since a good Western movie has come out.

I enjoyed 3:10 to Yuma, unless 3 years is a long time for you.

leemajors
12-23-2010, 08:30 PM
I enjoyed 3:10 to Yuma, unless 3 years is a long time for you.

Go back 5 for The Proposition, pretty good stuff. IMO a lot better than 3:10 to Yuma.

JoeChalupa
12-23-2010, 09:51 PM
I'll check it out on DVD.

rr2418
12-23-2010, 10:03 PM
I saw the movie yesterday and thought it was a real good movie! Never did see the original. Never was a John Wayne fan either. If I had to pick a negative about the movie and it's a minor one, its the actress who played the grown Mattie Ross. I don't know, I thought they would pick someone attractive since the young girl was pretty.

jack sommerset
12-23-2010, 10:31 PM
If you have not seen the orginal which one should you see first?

CuckingFunt
12-23-2010, 10:32 PM
Go back 5 for The Proposition, pretty good stuff. IMO a lot better than 3:10 to Yuma.

This.

CuckingFunt
12-23-2010, 10:34 PM
Thought this one was great. Acting and writing were both really strong and, as with everything the Coens and Roger Deakins have done together, it was absolutely beautiful to look at.

rr2418
12-24-2010, 12:08 AM
If you have not seen the orginal which one should you see first?

This one!!

BlairForceDejuan
12-24-2010, 01:02 AM
Appaloosa was a good recent western imo.

benefactor
12-25-2010, 11:11 PM
Just got back. Outstanding film. Bridges was great and the girl was perfectly cast.

Viva Las Espuelas
12-26-2010, 01:58 AM
it was absolutely beautiful to look at.Sure was.

Duff McCartney
12-26-2010, 02:27 PM
Never been a fan of John Wayne and never will be. But saw this movie yesterday and it was great. Jeff Bridges did a really good job. Hailee Steinfeld who plays Mattie Ross was really good too. She's got a bright future. She's no Jake Lloyd I'll put it that way.

I liked Matt Damon in that movie as well. The only complaint I had was Josh Brolin was billed as like a major player but his role was minimal at best. Which I found to be kinda weird.

Thompson
12-26-2010, 02:38 PM
The remake was good; I liked the original better. I know a lot of people have a problem with John Wayne for some reason, but I liked the relationship between Rooster and the girl better in the first movie.

The first movie also seemed to flow much better; the 'bear man' scene in this one made little sense to me other than a Coen brothers' signature that could have been left out. Also some of the lines didn't sound right the way they were delivered (probably comparing it to the first one too much). The line where the Texas Ranger tells the girl he thought about 'stealing a kiss' when he first saw her worked in the first movie because the age differences were not as drastic; in this one it just seems like Damon is a pedophile.

If you watch the end credits, there is a credit for Matt Damon's 'ab double,' which I'm guessing is a Coen joke as you don't see his stomach in the movie.

JMarkJohns
12-26-2010, 02:53 PM
Liked the movie a lot. Was really excited for it. Maybe too excited as I left the theater feeling like my anticipation hadn't been met. Liked it, didn't love it. Solid A- in my book. I would agree with comments on flow. This one felt scattered, like the transitions weren't there. Things just occurred. The acting was damn good, and the big scenes were great, but it had a disjointed feel at times throughout.

DesignatedT
12-26-2010, 05:19 PM
It was a good movie. My expectations were pretty high so I was slightly disappointed. It seemed to drag on at times and it could have used a little more action scenes. I never saw the first film or read the book though so I didn't know what to expect.

Viva Las Espuelas
12-27-2010, 01:59 AM
The only complaint I had was Josh Brolin was billed as like a major player but his role was minimal at best. Which I found to be kinda weird.
Ditto but oh well. He was actually the most forgettable character to me.

theInternet
12-27-2010, 08:44 AM
It was good but I'm not a big fan of remakes especially when the original is a classic so I perhaps I had a negative vibe going in but I'd still recommend it but not one of the best I've seen lately.

CuckingFunt
12-27-2010, 09:49 AM
Ditto but oh well. He was actually the most forgettable character to me.

And I was actually impressed by how much of an impact he had with limited screen time. I knew his role was relatively small going in, though, so it may just be a matter of expectation.

PakiDan
12-27-2010, 11:04 AM
LOL at Matt Damon Ab Double. Really good movie. I took my ten and thirteen year old boys and they both loved it, as did I.

ohmwrecker
12-27-2010, 04:45 PM
The Dude > The Duke tbh.

Thompson
12-27-2010, 05:21 PM
The Dude > The Duke tbh.

Bridges can play a heck of a lot more characters than John Wayne. Wayne pretty much had slight variations on one character, but it was a good character for some movies. Duke's True Grit > Dude's True Grit tbh.

ohmwrecker
12-27-2010, 07:36 PM
Duke's True Grit > Dude's True Grit tbh.

I respectfully disagree.

redzero
12-27-2010, 08:10 PM
The Dude > The Duke tbh.

ohmwrecker
12-27-2010, 08:24 PM

Mind if I do a J?

slayermin
12-27-2010, 08:39 PM
Pretty good remake. But at times, I thought Bridges was revisiting his Crazy Heart role.

Overall, the movie is funny and entertaining.

Viva Las Espuelas
12-28-2010, 11:10 AM
And I was actually impressed by how much of an impact he had with limited screen time. I knew his role was relatively small going in, though, so it may just be a matter of expectation.
tbh, I go into pretty much everything with very low expectations. I forget from the time his name went up on the credits that he was in the movie til his face showed. Maybe I need to check it out again.

Viva Las Espuelas
12-28-2010, 11:11 AM
Mind if I do a J?
That's a bummer.

Po'Boy
12-28-2010, 11:30 AM
Not bad but I don't see it being a blockbuster.

Duff McCartney
12-28-2010, 12:01 PM
Not bad but I don't see it being a blockbuster.

I don't think any Coen movie is a real blockbuster...but they are always good movies.

symple19
12-28-2010, 01:28 PM
Great film.

Damon, as usual, was the weak point

ZWTzyU5MFgM

CubanSucks
12-30-2010, 04:58 AM
Great film.

Damon, as usual, was the weak point

ZWTzyU5MFgM

His character was my favorite part of the movie. The best little piece (that's probably been forgotten by most) was toward the end after he shot the guy with the rifle, Mattie tells him good shot and he starts to go off bragging about the rifle just before getting hit in the head by Cheney.

I saw it at the Palladium and I loved everything about this movie. The soundtrack was amazing also

boutons_deux
12-30-2010, 06:41 AM
A big Coen fan's review

http://www.alternet.org/module/printversion/149359

jjktkk
12-31-2010, 06:00 PM
I thought it was good, not great. Bridges did a great job, but was disappointed in Josh Brolin's character. Brolin came across like a dufus, instead of a badass. Not enough action in this movie. Damon was good, as was the girl(don't know her name), but I was alittle disappointed in this movie.

CubanSucks
01-01-2011, 06:05 AM
Brolin came across like a dufus, instead of a badass.

who said he was supposed to be a badass?

Not enough action in this movie.

that sounds like something I would've said when I was 8

AmericanPsycho
01-01-2011, 08:38 AM
I thought it was good, not great. Bridges did a great job, but was disappointed in Josh Brolin's character. Brolin came across like a dufus, instead of a badass. Not enough action in this movie. Damon was good, as was the girl(don't know her name), but I was alittle disappointed in this movie.

Saw it last night and feel pretty much the same way. It was okay.

CuckingFunt
01-01-2011, 12:57 PM

Hard to fault a movie for not being something it was never intended to be.

AmericanPsycho
01-01-2011, 01:00 PM

That can be said of many movies that get trashed because they are not what they wanted or expected.

marini martini
01-01-2011, 01:05 PM
Not enough action in this movie.

that sounds like something I would've said when I was 8

:lol no shit!

jjktkk
01-01-2011, 01:17 PM

Movie promoters are really good at overhyping movies in todays age. Remakes are hit and miss. For example, 3:10 to Yuma, the remake, was outstanding IMO.

ohmwrecker
01-01-2011, 01:19 PM
That can be said of many movies that get trashed because they are not what they wanted or expected.

That's because Americans have such disjointed expectations. If it's not some bullshit Michael Bay, CGI, action film with lots of explosions and effects the audience is bored. No one wants a story anymore. They just want irrelevant violence and gratuitous sex. That's why there are so many horrible movies being made.

ohmwrecker
01-01-2011, 01:22 PM
Movie promoters are really good at overhyping movies in todays age. Remakes are hit and miss. For example, 3:10 to Yuma, the remake, was outstanding IMO.

This wasn't a remake of 1969 John Wayne film. It was a more deliberate and faithful adaptation of the novel and, in my opinion, a far superior film.

jjktkk
01-01-2011, 01:28 PM
This wasn't a remake of 1969 John Wayne film. It was a more deliberate and faithful adaptation of the novel and, in my opinion, a far superior film.

I didn't read the novel, and only vaguely remember the original movie. The remake was okay, but my biggest disappointment was Josh Brolin's character. From watching the previews, I was expecting Brolin to be a real hardass. Good movie, I just expected alittle more.

ohmwrecker
01-01-2011, 01:33 PM
I didn't read the novel, and only vaguely remember the original movie. The remake was okay, but my biggest disappointment was Josh Brolin's character. From watching the previews, I was expecting Brolin to be a real hardass. Good movie, I just expected alittle more.

I think it's been said already, but Brolin's character is not supposed to be a "badass". In fact, Damon's character describes him as an idiot pretty early on in the film. I don't really understand that expectation.

jjktkk
01-01-2011, 01:42 PM
I think it's been said already, but Brolin's character is not supposed to be a "badass". In fact, Damon's character describes him as an idiot pretty early on in the film. I don't really understand that expectation.

Just from watching the previews. I didn't catch Damon's remarks in the movie about Brolin's character.

leemajors
01-01-2011, 03:12 PM
[/B]

Just from watching the previews. I didn't catch Damon's remarks in the movie about Brolin's character.

Mattie said it plenty too.

jman3000
01-02-2011, 11:13 PM
Very, very good movie.

And Damon wasn't the one describing him as a dimwit... it was the girl. Damon actually said he was clever which led the girl to initially believe Damon was slow himself.

I actually liked the pacing of the film. Was a pretty quick 2 hours.

koriwhat
01-03-2011, 01:00 AM
i kept waiting and waiting and waiting... the movie seem to be in constant drag mode and then boom, the end.

it wasn't a bad movie, but it was a movie i'd of rather downloaded or netflix'd.

btw, wtf was up with the PG-13? this shit should've been rated R and it should've included more.

marini martini
01-03-2011, 01:14 AM
i kept waiting and waiting and waiting... the movie seem to be in constant drag mode and then boom, the end.

it wasn't a bad movie, but it was a movie i'd of rather downloaded or netflix'd.

btw, wtf was up with the PG-13? this shit should've been rated R and it should've included more.

Maybe you should have seen "Tron" instead.:lol

koriwhat
01-03-2011, 02:30 AM
Maybe you should have seen "Tron" instead.:lol

nah, i should've just saved my money.

it wasn't a bad movie, but it wasn't a great one either. then again, nothing has been great in 15+ yrs.

marini martini
01-03-2011, 02:36 AM
nah, i should've just saved my money.

it wasn't a bad movie, but it wasn't a great one either. then again, nothing has been great in 15+ yrs.

I loved it. Course it was the first movie I've been to since "Grand Torino", so go figure!!!:toast

koriwhat
01-03-2011, 02:37 AM
I loved it. Course it was the first movie I've been to since "Grand Torino", so go figure!!!:toast

now that gran torino, that was a damn fine movie!

marini martini
01-03-2011, 02:42 AM
now that gran torino, that was a damn fine movie!

:lol

Yep!!!:toast

IronMexican
01-03-2011, 02:51 AM
Last good movie was Meet the Spartans.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-03-2011, 11:37 AM
This wasn't a remake of 1969 John Wayne film.
eh, i don't buy that. there were quite a few lines word-for-word from the original, but i've slept quite well at night since. :wakeup

Viva Las Espuelas
01-03-2011, 11:38 AM
And Damon wasn't the one describing him as a dimwit... it was the girl.

I think she thought everyone was a dimwit. hence, her being an old maid with a missing limb

ohmwrecker
01-03-2011, 12:31 PM
eh, i don't buy that. there were quite a few lines word-for-word from the original, but i've slept quite well at night since. :wakeup

You mean the lines that were taken directly from the text of the novel which were used in both movies?

Why do I care how well you sleep?

ohmwrecker
01-03-2011, 12:38 PM
And Damon wasn't the one describing him as a dimwit... it was the girl. Damon actually said he was clever which led the girl to initially believe Damon was slow himself.

What Damon said was, he was undecided if he (Brolin's character) was clever or stupid, which revealed a lot about both characters.

desflood
01-03-2011, 02:58 PM
"Grand Torino"
Kick-ass movie.

CavsSuperFan
01-03-2011, 03:35 PM
Is Hollywood capable of making a movie without a political statement...

John Wayne wore a patch over his left eye, which allowed him to view the world through his right one... That made sense, according to "American Thinker," because of Wayne's politics. Bridges, however, wears his patch over his right eye, allegedly allowing him to see the world differently…

Bridges is aware of the patch brouhaha... When a Quincy, Mass., newspaper asked him about it, the Oscar-winning actor joked, "I'm a commie." But then he simply explained, "I tried it on the right eye, and it felt good. But on the left eye, not so good."

CubanSucks
01-03-2011, 06:25 PM
Is Hollywood capable of making a movie without a political statement...

John Wayne wore a patch over his left eye, which allowed him to view the world through his right one... That made sense, according to "American Thinker," because of Wayne's politics. Bridges, however, wears his patch over his right eye, allegedly allowing him to see the world differently…

Bridges is aware of the patch brouhaha... When a Quincy, Mass., newspaper asked him about it, the Oscar-winning actor joked, "I'm a commie." But then he simply explained, "I tried it on the right eye, and it felt good. But on the left eye, not so good."

over analyze much?

Xylus
01-04-2011, 03:27 AM
Jeff Bridges must be left-eye dominant.

Fabbs
01-04-2011, 12:35 PM
Non Coen Worshippers,

Heard the violence is overdone, ie shots for pure gore effect like after face is shot showing the blood run.

I know your Coen Worshippers will think that is oh so cool but anyways, how overdone was it -or not- to you?

Viva Las Espuelas
01-04-2011, 12:47 PM
I think all faces have blood running out of it after you shoot it with a gun. I.E. Bud Dwyer. I'm assuming the Coen brother are the only directors that do this. Who knews.

Fabbs
01-04-2011, 01:28 PM
I think all faces have blood running out of it after you shoot it with a gun. I.E. Bud Dwyer. I'm assuming the Coen brother are the only directors that do this. Who knews.
Ralphie,
He said they left the camera there after the shot for a long time for gore effect.
Not just the immediate aftershot.

monosylab1k
01-04-2011, 03:06 PM
truthfully, it's shocking that this movie isn't rated R. I really have no clue how it's PG-13. Is the violence gratuitous? I don't think so, but it's definitely far more graphic than I've ever seen in a PG-13. Now, if it was rated R, it would be a really weak R. But as it is, it's a very strong PG-13. I read articles where they claimed this was a family friendly Coen Bros movie, and it most definitely is not.

Fabbs
01-04-2011, 05:01 PM
truthfully, it's shocking that this movie isn't rated R. I really have no clue how it's PG-13. Is the violence gratuitous? I don't think so, but it's definitely far more graphic than I've ever seen in a PG-13. Now, if it was rated R, it would be a really weak R. But as it is, it's a very strong PG-13. I read articles where they claimed this was a family friendly Coen Bros movie, and it most definitely is not.
monoslob, is that you with another intelligent take?
applause.

Xevious
01-04-2011, 05:03 PM
Appaloosa was a good recent western imo.
Appaloosa was shit.

monosylab1k
01-04-2011, 05:05 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/14/Ralph_Wiggum.png/212px-Ralph_Wiggum.png

I can make nicknames on the internet!

http://www.entertainmentwallpaper.com/images/desktops/movie/322.jpg

fo sheezy yo!

Fabbs
01-04-2011, 05:09 PM
http://www.rob-clarkson.com/duff-brewery/jimbo/01.gif
I occasionally have a good take. I'll try to keep imitating Fabbs so one day i will grow up and i will always have good takes.

Girasuck
01-04-2011, 06:10 PM
Loved the movie. As far as the violence...you see worse on any of the CSI shows and that's network TV. I don't think it deserved an R. Maybe 10 years ago, but with what's on TV these days, it's a solid PG-13 film.

monosylab1k
01-04-2011, 06:17 PM
Loved the movie. As far as the violence...you see worse on any of the CSI shows and that's network TV. I don't think it deserved an R. Maybe 10 years ago, but with what's on TV these days, it's a solid PG-13 film.

As far as I knew, any kind of violence where you saw blood being shed got an automatic R rating. tbh I found the violence in this movie to be far more graphic than a few R rated movies out there, like The Matrix for instance.

Also, I still don't get how this movie shows a guy getting shot in the face at point blank range with blood splattering on the wall behind him, a guy getting his fingers cut off and being stabbed in the chest, and another character being shot in the chest with a rifle and blood going everywhere, and this gets a PG13.....meanwhile in There Will Be Blood a guy gets his head bashed in off screen, where you don't see any of it happening, and it gets an R.

CuckingFunt
01-04-2011, 07:27 PM
As far as I knew, any kind of violence where you saw blood being shed got an automatic R rating. tbh I found the violence in this movie to be far more graphic than a few R rated movies out there, like The Matrix for instance.

Also, I still don't get how this movie shows a guy getting shot in the face at point blank range with blood splattering on the wall behind him, a guy getting his fingers cut off and being stabbed in the chest, and another character being shot in the chest with a rifle and blood going everywhere, and this gets a PG13.....meanwhile in There Will Be Blood a guy gets his head bashed in off screen, where you don't see any of it happening, and it gets an R.

Because there's no sex or dirty words. That's the dangerous stuff.

Dr. Gonzo
01-04-2011, 10:49 PM
What a great movie.