PDA

View Full Version : I told you it wasn't a fluke

GSH
05-24-2005, 08:40 PM
The Spurs held the Suns to 21 in the first quarter. I told you it was no accident the last game. This is the fifth game in a row that the Spurs have held the Suns to 21 points or less in a quarter. I know that doesn't mean they can do it for the entire game - but the whole world acted like the Spurs were lucky to get out with a win last game, and cited the fact that they held Phoenix to just 20 points in the first quarter, like it could never happen again.

Nice quarter. I'd like three more just like it, please.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-24-2005, 09:00 PM
Way to hex it.

boutons
05-24-2005, 09:01 PM
I've seen many game where the Suns start slow, down at the half by a handful of points, but keep it close, then the other team goes a bit cold in the 4th, and Suns win by few.

You need to look at ALL the Suns game for appx 20-pt qtrs,not just the Spurs games.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-24-2005, 09:12 PM
I think most knew Phoenix would make a run. Problem is some people (like the starter of this thread) were chomping at the bit to toot their own horn about shit.

1Parker1
05-24-2005, 09:15 PM
LOL. GSH, we'll see about that sweep you were talking about :) I'll concede you the 21 pt first Quarter by the SUNS, although as some1 else mentioned, Suns do tend to start out slow and then build up.

But, this is one instance where I hope I am wrong! :)

GSH
05-24-2005, 09:33 PM
I did say it would be difficult if the refs went crazy with the whistles. The Suns had 8 blocked shots in the first half - all of them clean? And they also went to the line 11 more times than the Spurs. It's tough to play 5-on-7.

GSH
05-24-2005, 10:45 PM
LOL. GSH, we'll see about that sweep you were talking about :) I'll concede you the 21 pt first Quarter by the SUNS, although as some1 else mentioned, Suns do tend to start out slow and then build up.

And a 23 point fourth quarter!

Hook Dem
05-24-2005, 10:47 PM

Could be!!!!!! :lol

1Parker1
05-24-2005, 10:53 PM
Could be!!!!!! :lol

LOL. There's a first time for everything! I honestly didn't think Spurs would win tonight, hell, I even expected a blowout. I know Spurs are the better team and that they will win this series, I just didn't think it could take less then 6 games.

GSH, you nailed this game---let's hope you're right about the rest :)

cqsallie
05-24-2005, 11:00 PM
LOL. There's a first time for everything! I honestly didn't think Spurs would win tonight, hell, I even expected a blowout. I know Spurs are the better team and that they will win this series, I just didn't think it could take less then 6 games.
There's nothing wrong with being a believer, but sometimes it helps to really know the strengths of both teams. We knew that Steve Nash could shoot the three and was a pretty good floor general, but it was quite obvious that the Spurs depth was going to cause a whole lot of problems.
The biggest problem for Steve Nash was Tony Parker, the younger Jedi warrior who was just going to go face-to-face with the MVP.
This is the stuff that basketball legends are made of.
:elephant

GSH
05-24-2005, 11:29 PM
I think most knew Phoenix would make a run. Problem is some people (like the starter of this thread) were chomping at the bit to toot their own horn about shit.

AHP... do you EVER have anything to contribute to a discussion, other than attacking the other people?

The Spurs held the Suns to 21 points in the first, and you and Boutons insisted it was just because the Suns are slow starters. Well the Spurs held them to 23 points in the fourth quarter. Are the Suns slow finishers too? I think you're a little slow AHP.

Why don't you go have another beer and yell at your wife... kick the dog... or whatever it is you do to be abusive when it isn't basketball season. But get off my ass.