PDA

View Full Version : Who will the Spurs lose to this week or will they win out?

phyzik
11-20-2010, 11:49 PM
Serious question....

I think Spurs will lose to Orlando on Monday. If it was up to me, Id want them to go 81-1 at this point but this streak is too good to be true.

Win or lose against Orlando, they will win against timberwolves.

Friday will be the true test against Dallas.... They always step up their game against the Spurs....

I will be in awe if they win all 3 games, and if it does happen, the rest of the league needs to really take note.

Killakobe81
11-20-2010, 11:51 PM
LOL premature-spurjaculation ...

BRHornet45
11-20-2010, 11:51 PM
I'm betting on the Spurs going 1-2 over the next 3 games. They will lose to Orlando and Dallas and of course win against the Wolves. This Spurs team has only played TWO good teams all year so far (New Orleans and Utah) and they went 1-1 against them.

phyzik
11-20-2010, 11:54 PM
LOL premature-spurjaculation ...

Did you even read my post or are you so butthurt against the spurs that every post must be a Spurs fan jerking off for their win streak?

phyzik
11-20-2010, 11:55 PM
I'm betting on the Spurs going 1-2 over the next 3 games. They will lose to Orlando and Dallas and of course win against the Wolves. This Spurs team has only played TWO good teams all year so far (New Orleans and Utah) and they went 1-1 against them.

thats what Im thinking but the way the Spurs are playing, I feel they can steel a win against Orlando or Dallas. I dont know if they can get a win against both teams.

I actually wouldnt doubt if the Spurs win against Orlando and Dallas but lay an egg against the wolves. :lol

Killakobe81
11-20-2010, 11:57 PM
Did you even read my post or are you so butthurt against the spurs that every post must be a Spurs fan jerking off for their win streak?

I read your post. Wasnt hard ... to figure out it's intent. And I am actually glad that Spur fan is feeling confident. No butthurt Im just amused.
Show me a post like this one BEFORE this win streak and I will take my post back ...

Waiting ...:toast

BRHornet45
11-20-2010, 11:59 PM
thats what Im thinking but the way the Spurs are playing, I feel they can steel a win against Orlando or Dallas. I dont know if they can get a win against both teams.

I actually wouldnt doubt if the Spurs win against Orlando and Dallas but lay an egg against the wolves. :lol

son don't get me wrong the Spurs are a damn good team and can win 2 out of 3, but I just don't think they will beat neither Orlando or Dallas right now.

Killakobe81
11-21-2010, 12:00 AM
I also can show you plenty where I said Spur was 2nd or 3rd best in West and Duncan had one last Finals run in him this year ...when everyone was ryding Durant's and the Thunder's dyck ...

phyzik
11-21-2010, 12:02 AM
I read your post. Wasnt hard ... to figure out it's intent. And I am actually glad that Spur fan is feeling confident. No butthurt Im just amused.
Show me a post like this one BEFORE this win streak and I will take my post back ...

Waiting ...:toast

What kind of post exactly do you want me to show you? its 11 games into the season. The spurs have lost 1 game.

you may think Im trolling, but Im not. Am I high on the Spurs right now? Sure.

Have I posted shit-talk threads in the past few days? Sure.

Honestly, this is a serious NBA thread. Im not gonna get all pissed off if you disagree.

Post your honest or trolling answer and thats it.

Halberto
11-21-2010, 12:03 AM
I just want to beat Dallas.

phyzik
11-21-2010, 12:06 AM
son don't get me wrong the Spurs are a damn good team and can win 2 out of 3, but I just don't think they will beat neither Orlando or Dallas right now.

I kind of feel the same way, hence the origional post in regards to the streak.

Spurs are due for a loss. I just dont think we can keep up the 3rd quarter performance that we have been doing. Still.... Confidence counts for something.

Lets just say, I wont be upset at all if they lose 2 out of the next 3 games. they have been beating the teams they are supposed to beat, and have looked good doing so. If they lose 2 out of 3 this week Im not gonna hate on them.

If they keep the streak alive though?

Halberto
11-21-2010, 12:10 AM

And who have the Hornets played? 3 good teams: Dallas, Portland, and SAS

Did you forget that OKC was good too?

phyzik
11-21-2010, 12:11 AM
I just want to beat Dallas.

I feel the same. Id be willing to lose against the Magic and the Timberwolves if it guaranteed a win against the hated Mavs.

BRHornet45
11-21-2010, 12:17 AM
And who have the Hornets played? 3 good teams: Dallas, Portland, and SAS

Did you forget that OKC was good too?

lol at you leaving the Heat out ...

the Hornets have beat ...

Spurs, Heat, Mavericks, Blazers, Nuggets, and Bucks twice

the Spurs have beat ...

Jazz and Thunder

son don't try and take away our wins. yes its still early, but we have beaten better teams than anyone in the NBA right now. stop acting so butthurt

Killakobe81
11-21-2010, 12:18 AM
What kind of post exactly do you want me to show you? its 11 games into the season. The spurs have lost 1 game.

you may think Im trolling, but Im not. Am I high on the Spurs right now? Sure.

Have I posted shit-talk threads in the past few days? Sure.
Honestly, this is a serious NBA thread. Im not gonna get all pissed off if you disagree.

Post your honest or trolling answer and thats it.

That was all I was saying. Glad you admit it. My point was that Spur fans are coming in to the NBA forum (which to me, is great this is a Spur site) ...

But we didnt see this the last 2 years EXCEPT to bash Kobe, Dirk, Mavs Suns Hornets or Lakers or to "blow" the Heat this summer.

Looks like the Heat bandwagon is losing steam fast, and Spur fans are puffing their chest on their team again. All is right in thhe world.

In fact, last year and this summer I lamented the loss of confidence by the Spur faithful ...it's good for you guys to be back down here.

phyzik
11-21-2010, 12:21 AM
That was all I was saying. Glad you admit it. My point was that Spur fans are coming in to the NBA forum (which to me, is great this is a Spur site) ...

But we didnt see this the last 2 years EXCEPT to bash Kobe, Dirk, Mavs Suns Hornets or Lakers or to "blow" the Heat this summer.

Looks like the Heat bandwagon is losing steam fast, and Sours are puffing their chest on their team again. All is right in thhe world.

In fact, last year and this summer I lamented the loss of confidence by the Spur faithful ...it's good for you guys to be back down here.

Ehh, yeah, alot of Spurs fans are pussies when it comes to the NBA forum....

I have never shied away from this shit. Its gonna take more than a limp dick asshole and a stinky paki to scare me away from the NBA forum. :toast

you guys entertain me when I dont have shit to do at work, I hope you fuckers stick around.

Johnny RIngo
11-21-2010, 12:24 AM
the Spurs have beat ...

Jazz and Thunder

You forgot the Bulls win.

Killakobe81
11-21-2010, 12:24 AM
Ehh, yeah, alot of Spurs fans are pussies when it comes to the NBA forum....

I have never shied away from this shit. Its gonna take more than a limp dick asshole and a stinky paki to scare me away from the NBA forum. :toast

Amen. Bring it. I hope this place is in meltdown mode either way after Friday night. Dallas should want that win more ...but for Spur fans (i know, I lived there for 3 years) that game means a great deal. Should be good shit.

phyzik
11-21-2010, 12:26 AM
Amen. Bring it. I hope this place is in meltdown mode either way after Friday night. Dallas should want that win more ...but for Spur fans (i know, O lived there 3 years) that game means a great deal. Should be good shit.

I'll be here to take my licks if 0 and forever beats the mighty Spurs. Thats the fun of it for me.

If Spurs keep it up, they are the ones on pace to beat the mighty 96 bulls and not the Lakers or Heat. :lol

Either way, I still got that thread bookmarked where alot of you fuckers said Spurs cant win 55 games.

Killakobe81
11-21-2010, 12:33 AM
So far most my predictions look good.

1. Celts best in the East ... (even if they do not get HCA)

2. OKC not a #2 seed and no MVP for Durant

3. Blazers/Rockets overrated and too injury prone to be a threat

4. Lakers bench would be much improved minus Farmar plus Blake and Barnes (did not predict dramatic improvement for Shannon Brown)

5. Spurs and Mavs would battle for a spot in WCF (didnt expect this hot of start for Spurs though)

What I missed: Hornets start, Miami struggles (though i did think they were overrated) and I was not sure Paul would overcome injury and be one of the top 2 PG's again ...

phyzik
11-21-2010, 12:36 AM
So far most my predictions look good.

1. Celts best in the East ... (even if they do not get HCA)

2. OKC not a #2 seed and no MVP for Durant

3. Blazers/Rockets overrated and too injury prone to be a threat

4. Lakers bench would be much improved minus Farmar plus Blake and Barnes (did not predict dramatic improvement for Shannon Brown)

5. Spurs and Mavs would battle for a spot in WCF (didnt expect this hot of start for Spurs though)

What I missed: Hornets start, Miami struggles (though i did think they were overrated) and I was not sure Paul would overcome injury and be one of the top 2 PG's again ...

Everything I have seen in regards to the Lakers is that their bench is worse. thats just what I see. I think the Spurs bench will abuse the Lakers bench.

starters is a different Story. I doubt Splitter can contain Pau.... no one can contain Kobe.... Matt bonner against Lakers interior is LOL. Mcdyess will help a bit against Pau but not much.

Still, I think the way the Spurs can win is shooting outside and, so far this year, the Spurs have the players to do it.

Killakobe81
11-21-2010, 12:47 AM
Everything I have seen in regards to the Lakers is that their bench is worse. thats just what I see. I think the Spurs bench will abuse the Lakers bench.

starters is a different Story. I doubt Splitter can contain Pau.... no one can contain Kobe.... Matt bonner against Lakers interior is LOL. Mcdyess will help a bit against Pau but not much.

Still, I think the way the Spurs can win is shooting outside and, so far this year, the Spurs have the players to do it.

Worse?! Are you serious?!
Farmar sucked the life out of our bench last year and Sasha and Luke gave us nothing.

If bynum come back we have a better version of Lamar and Shannon Brown, with Barnes and Blake replacing Farmar and Luke ...

Not saying our bench is better than Spurs but we dont need it to be because our starters are better ...

ElNono
11-21-2010, 01:38 AM
This Spurs team has only played TWO good teams all year so far (New Orleans and Utah) and they went 1-1 against them.

Actually we beat OKC in Oklahoma, which is a pretty fine team currently ranked 4th in the West, above both Utah and Dallas.
And yes, we've had a fairly light schedule so far, but I think there's merit in actually winning the games you're supposed to win.

phyzik
11-21-2010, 01:49 AM
Worse?! Are you serious?!
Farmar sucked the life out of our bench last year and Sasha and Luke gave us nothing.

If bynum come back we have a better version of Lamar and Shannon Brown, with Barnes and Blake replacing Farmar and Luke ...

Not saying our bench is better than Spurs but we dont need it to be because our starters are better ...

We will see.... I just dont see how Lakers bench can match up against the Spurs bench.... Its going to come down to the starters and I like the efficiensy of the Spurs at this point.

crc21209
11-21-2010, 01:52 AM
lol at you leaving the Heat out ...

the Hornets have beat ...

Spurs, Heat, Mavericks, Blazers, Nuggets, and Bucks twice

the Spurs have beat ...

Jazz and Thunder

son don't try and take away our wins. yes its still early, but we have beaten better teams than anyone in the NBA right now. stop acting so butthurt

A Spurs team in the 2nd game of the year trying to figure out the rotation and coming off 3 days rest, a Heat team who is basically made up of all new players except 3 or so, an injury depleted Blazers team, a Nuggets team with a "star" who doesnt even wanna be there, and a mediocre Bucks team...WOW.

The Spurs have beaten Phoenix, OKC, and Utah ALL on the road, and a pretty good Chicago team at home. (The last 3 all in one week)

rayjayjohnson
11-21-2010, 01:53 AM

chicago are good. i can't believe how much people are sleeping on the bulls.

Amuseddaysleeper
11-21-2010, 02:00 AM
The Lakers bench is the best they've had since 2002.

Leonard Curse
11-21-2010, 03:36 AM
i think well beat orlando theyre not playing greeat at all ? its not going to be easy, but i think dallas will be harder to beat with all the hate they have for us.

Ditty
11-21-2010, 10:53 AM
I hope we go 3-0 this week but I see us going 2-1

I think they would lose a close one to orlando, but blow out the twolves and mavs

fmedrano1977
11-21-2010, 11:13 AM
LOL @ blowout against Mavs! C'mon quit being homers..2 games are toss ups and 1 should be a guaranteed win. To the stealing a game reference, Spurs ain't stealing shit from anybody. They are actually a damn good team and don't need to steal games as some of you put it. It's not like it's Memphis playing Miami, now Memphis stole a game. It's only November and the Spurs are an aged group so only time will tell what the Spurs look like come April.

ogait
11-21-2010, 11:23 AM
The good thing about the Spurs so far is that they're winning without having to rely on a given player every night, they have a very balanced offence so far. It's not like last year where Ginobili had to be spectacular in the final part of the season for the Spurs to even make the playoffs or 2009 when it was Tony Parker carrying the team because we know that that's not something we can count on for a long stretch.

Despite the wining streak I think the Spurs are roughly at the same level as the Hornetts, Mavs, and the Jazz and still far behind the Lakers but there is room for improvement. Splitter has barely made an impact yet, Blair has been struggling, Duncan has been taking things easy and we didn't need TP or Ginobili to score 30 points in any occasion to win.

The games against Orlando and Dallas are both at home, so it wouldn't be that big of a deal if the Spurs go 2-1 or even 3-0. I think they will win 2 of those.

Giuseppe
11-21-2010, 11:36 AM
Gaitski, taking Team Skunker under the radar.

Yer adorable.

ogait
11-21-2010, 12:04 PM
Gaitski, taking Team Skunker under the radar.

Yer adorable.

:lol

Nah I'm being realistic. But I don't see another skunker coming any time soon.

ohmwrecker
11-21-2010, 12:29 PM
So far, loathe as I am to admit, the Hornets have bragging rights. They have the most wins against quality teams. The Spurs have a lot of room to improve, but they have played better than anyone expected them to. They have had a relatively easy schedule, but the wins have been earned.
The Lakers have had a pretty easy schedule as well and they probably could have won their two losses. The Spurs only loss (to the Hornets) was easily the worst they've played all year and Popovich sealed the deal by sitting Duncan and Parker in the fourth quarter. It was one of those "white flag" games we saw far too many of last season. Hopefully, he got it out of his system.
I'm not very impressed with the Mavs and the Magic haven't played that well either. I think the Spurs will take one or the other, but it might be asking too much to get both. The safe bet is that they will finish 2-1. To give them less is not giving credit where it's due.

Spursfan092120
11-21-2010, 12:35 PM
Son what makes you think Dallas is that damn good where you don't think this 11-1 Spurs team can beat them?

j.dizzle
11-21-2010, 12:42 PM
Ppl are overrating Orl in this beeee-ach. All you gotta do is make sure they dont go ape shit from three..Dwight will get his but they dont really have that consistent 2nd option every night. They'll only win in San Antonio only if Carter or Lewis score atleast 15-20 pts each. Nelson is a chucker but he can have some good shooting nights also. Dallas/SA will be a good game.

Venti Quattro
11-21-2010, 12:46 PM
Spurs win all three. No, I'm not jinxing or anything, fuckers

Spursfan092120
11-21-2010, 12:49 PM
Spurs win all three. No, I'm not jinxing or anything, fuckers
They have a chance...I truly think this team is better than Orlando, Dallas, and New Orleans. But the Spurs always seem to find a way to clutch defeat from the jaws of victory. I could see them losing to Orlando or New Orleans. I think Dallas should be a win.