PDA

View Full Version : Hollins flagrant on splitter

anonoftheinternets
11-20-2010, 11:59 PM
Dint see this in nba.com video highlights but it was on espns (:25).

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?categoryId=2459789&id=5833473

pretty bad flagrant, splitters the boss for just getting up like its nothing after that.

TheSpurglar
11-21-2010, 12:06 AM
I disliked Hollins while he was on the Mavs. I loathe him now.

duncan228
11-21-2010, 12:11 AM
Scott defends Hollins’ flagrant foul on Splitter (http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2010/11/20/scott-defends-hollins-flagrant-foul-on-splitter/)
by Tim Griffin

..."In the 1980s, that’s just a regular foul. Get up and play,” Scott said. “I know what the league is trying to do and I understand that. But three in the last two games I don’t know is good or bad.”

Joey Graham was ejected from the Cavs’ loss at New Orleans Friday night with a flagrant-2 foul and Hollins picked up a flagrant-1 foul later in the game against the Hornets.

“I guess if I’m going to look at it one way or another, it’s that the guys are tired of certain things and are going to keep fighting,” Scott said.

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2010/11/20/scott-defends-hollins-flagrant-foul-on-splitter/

Spurtacus
11-21-2010, 12:16 AM
Hollins wishes he had an ounce of talent that Splitter has.

peskypesky
11-21-2010, 12:17 AM
what a bitch

anonoftheinternets
11-21-2010, 12:18 AM
nba.com has the video up now as well.

Sean Cagney
11-21-2010, 12:19 AM
I could not stand that clown after he tried to taunt TIM in the 09 playoffs (Still remember it).

#2!
11-21-2010, 12:19 AM
http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2010/11/20/scott-defends-hollins-flagrant-foul-on-splitter/

What are they "tired of" Byron Scott? Playing shitty defense? Getting shown up by better teams?

YoMamaIsCallin
11-21-2010, 12:20 AM
“I guess if I’m going to look at it one way or another, it’s that the guys are tired of certain things and are going to keep fighting,” Scott said.

Tired of "certain things"? Like what?

Playing bad defense and letting teams go in for uncontested dunks so you have to hit them in the face to stop them?

Oh no I'm sure Byron Scott didn't mean that. That would have been too close to reality... that he is a vastly overrated coach who can't get much out of his players beyond what they are willing to do on their own.

I'm sure he meant some lame issue like "running up the score" or something stupid like that.

What a tool. He will be fired from this job just like New Jersey and New Orleans, because the players just get sick of him.

Blackjack
11-21-2010, 12:26 AM
My initial thought:

@Project_Kap (http://twitter.com/#!/Project_Kap/status/6185959578144768)

Splitter just got Anderson'd by Ryan "Juwan Howard" Hollins. #Spurs

AussieFanKurt
11-21-2010, 12:33 AM
whats the need for fouls like that. unprofessional thats for sure

Darkwaters
11-21-2010, 12:44 AM
Even Roger Goodell is thinking about fining Hollins for that play. Not cool.

SenorSpur
11-21-2010, 12:46 AM
Scott is full of it. Just like in football, you cannot go for a head shot to the opponent. You have to make a play on the ball. Hollins has done this crap before. I guess he learned it playing for Avery.

Vito Corleone
11-21-2010, 12:49 AM
I think everyone knows that the NBA game in the 70, 80, and 90's was much like hockey, every team had their enforcer, the designated protector and hit man.

I rather enjoyed the game much more back then, players policed themselves. The hit that Tiago took would have been nothing more than a foul but retaliation would have been a bitch. Probably resulting in a bench clearing fight.

ChuckD
11-21-2010, 12:58 AM
I think everyone knows that the NBA game in the 70, 80, and 90's was much like hockey, every team had their enforcer, the designated protector and hit man.

I rather enjoyed the game much more back then, players policed themselves. The hit that Tiago took would have been nothing more than a foul but retaliation would have been a bitch. Probably resulting in a bench clearing fight.

That shit was unwatchable, and frankly, there's no one worth going after on the Cavs. It's an entire team of bench players.

Budkin
11-21-2010, 01:47 AM
Dint see this in nba.com video highlights but it was on espns (:25).

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?categoryId=2459789&id=5833473

pretty bad flagrant, splitters the boss for just getting up like its nothing after that.

NBA.com censors anything "controversial" out of their highlights. It's a family league.

crc21209
11-21-2010, 01:48 AM
Hollins is a POS trash player anyway...not surprised he pulled the shit he did. Just because he was getting owned by Splitter didnt mean he should lay his ass out..

anonoftheinternets
11-21-2010, 01:59 AM
nba.com has the video up now as well.

NBA.com censors anything "controversial" out of their highlights. It's a family league.

agreed i thought so too, but it was only coz they had only first half highlights ... so ill give them a pass this time :lol

Slydragon
11-21-2010, 02:06 AM
Back in the days player didn't get paid as much as they do now...would suck to see a team lose a player long term on some stupid play and pay them all that cash to sit.

Rules are just protecting the players health and teams investment.

gospursgojas
11-21-2010, 03:13 AM
Using the whole "back in the day" excuse is lame Scott. Lame.

Obstructed_View
11-21-2010, 03:14 AM
Hollins was a cheap shot artist when he was in Dalllas, and his attitiude hasn't changed.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-21-2010, 03:17 AM
I think the game has been overly sanitised, but that was a nasty foul and a righteous ejection in any era. Foul a guy hard, but don't endanger his health. Very glad Splitter wasn't hurt.

Scott's comments were unjustified.

Leonard Curse
11-21-2010, 03:32 AM
i was right up front at the game and saw it happen, man hollins was hatin on splitter. i mean out of nowhere he came at him, i think its cause splitters a pretty boy and a good bball player, thats why they go for the face its psychology

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-21-2010, 03:45 AM
i was right up front at the game and saw it happen, man hollins was hatin on splitter. i mean out of nowhere he came at him, i think its cause splitters a pretty boy and a good bball player, thats why they go for the face its psychology

He's not very pretty, but I know what you mean. Blonde hair singles him out.

Ladies of Spurstalk, how hot is Splitter? Would you describe him as a "pretty boy"?

duhoh
11-21-2010, 03:49 AM
that was the same foul on george hill.

hollins is d-league talent. scott is a coach who cannot get anything done, other than showing off his ring he got as a scrub on a talented roster. what a failure.

lefty
11-21-2010, 03:53 AM
Fuck Byron Scott

Dp I need to remind him how pissed his Lakers were when mcHale clotheslined Rambis in 84 ?

carina_gino20
11-21-2010, 07:21 AM
Ouch. I suppose that would be Splitter's "Welcome to the NBA" moment, along with his 18-pt. performance.

TJastal
11-21-2010, 07:35 AM
That was far worse than even a flagrant foul. He aimed straight for T.S's head. That should be at minimum a 10 game unpaid suspension and if Stern was really serious about cleaning up teh league, Hollins should be suspended for the entire year.

But we all know David Stern probably could give two shits less about a European white guy getting practically knocked unconscious in his league.

Obstructed_View
11-21-2010, 07:40 AM
Didn't Hollins get a flagrant 1 against the Hornets in the previous game?

EDIT: RIF. It's in this thread.

Byron's probably making these statements because with three flagrants in two days, the league's going to be looking at his team pretty closely.

Bambililos
11-21-2010, 08:48 AM
Ladies of Spurstalk, how hot is Splitter? Would you describe him as a "pretty boy"?
Yes he is. Not exactly my type, but you can see he's a cutie. And very talented with that, I can see how a douchebag can feel frustrated.

bresilhac
11-21-2010, 09:07 AM
Even Roger Goodell is thinking about fining Hollins for that play. Not cool.

LOL, that's hilarious. But seriously, that was a terrible foul Hollins laid on Splitter. I was shocked when I saw the replay. A flagrant two and ejection was the very least the official should have given him. If there is no fine given for this hit man job by the league I would be very surprised.

ChuckD
11-21-2010, 10:00 AM
Didn't Hollins get a flagrant 1 against the Hornets in the previous game?

EDIT: RIF. It's in this thread.

Byron's probably making these statements because with three flagrants in two days, the league's going to be looking at his team pretty closely.

Byron's making these statements because he wants everyone to think he's a tough ass old school player when he was really a 5th or 6th wheel on those Laker teams, often being replaced by Coop for defensive purposes.

I'm wondering who the talented player he's going to drive ways in Cleveland is? He ran SJax out of NJ, and JR Smith out of NO.

ChuckD
11-21-2010, 10:03 AM
What are they "tired of" Byron Scott? Playing shitty defense? Getting shown up by better teams?

This.

Ditty
11-21-2010, 10:45 AM
He's not very pretty, but I know what you mean. Blonde hair singles him out.

the girls that hang with us in the silver and black pack seem to love him :lol

TampaDude
11-21-2010, 10:51 AM
That was a vicious cheap shot on Splitter. I hope Hollins gets a huge fine and multi-game suspension.

I do love how Splitter just brushed it off and sank both FTs, too. :hat

Mel_13
11-21-2010, 10:57 AM
I've hated this douche ever since he got in Duncan's face on this play:

jZi2a0rSs5U

Cant_Be_Faded
11-21-2010, 05:17 PM
Welcome to the NBA Tiago. Credit him for keeping his composure.

Trill Clinton
11-21-2010, 05:22 PM
Tiago shrugged that off like a G.

He's accustomed to hard fouls like that from his euro league experience.

silverblk mystix
11-21-2010, 06:06 PM
Byron's making these statements because he wants everyone to think he's a tough ass old school player when he was really a 5th or 6th wheel on those Laker teams, often being replaced by Coop for defensive purposes.

I'm wondering who the talented player he's going to drive ways in Cleveland is? He ran SJax out of NJ, and JR Smith out of NO.

+1.

Scott was a fucking jumpshooter on that laker team and he was carried on a nightly basis by Magic, Kareem,Worthy, etc...

How tough can you really be with a name like...BYRON?

samikeyp
11-21-2010, 09:40 PM
lol, that's hilarious. But seriously, that was a terrible foul hollins laid on splitter. I was shocked when i saw the replay. A flagrant two and ejection was the very least the official should have given him. If there is no fine given for this hit man job by the league i would be very surprised.

+1

UnWantedTheory
11-22-2010, 05:22 AM
Was I the only one who didnt think it that terrible?

UnWantedTheory
11-22-2010, 05:23 AM
Craig Smith on GHill was worse IMO. Of course I was drunk when I saw both of them...so eh.

Obstructed_View
11-22-2010, 04:56 PM
I can only think of four flagrant 2 fouls, but three of them are against Spurs, and two of them are in the last week.