PDA

View Full Version : If you take THE BEST PLAYER off of every team this year...

LkrFan
11-21-2010, 04:20 AM
Who wins the NBA title? I say the Lakers still win. We stacked. :toast

BanditHiro
11-21-2010, 04:22 AM

lol we all know what happens when kobe tries to lead a team by himself

and the spurs would win...

our best player right now is tony parker so if the spurs lose him it still leaves the spurs with tim and manu and jefferson while the lakers would lose gasol which will weaken their front court considerably, and it will lead to kobe shooting 10/50.

but yeah even though you are trolling it does raise a lot of cool hypothetical scenarios and stuff

rayjayjohnson
11-21-2010, 04:34 AM
boston.

LkrFan
11-21-2010, 04:37 AM
boston.
Who is their best player? PP, KG, or Rondo? Put a gun to my head and I say it's Rondo. Take him out and they are a 1st round casualty, tbh.

Besides, any team that can't beat a KD-less Thunder team at home gets no props from me. :toast

Andrew Bynum
11-21-2010, 04:37 AM
Heat.

Wait, they can't even beat the Grizzlies without their best player.

LkrFan
11-21-2010, 04:38 AM
lol we all know what happens when kobe tries to lead a team by himself

and the spurs would win...

our best player right now is tony parker so if the spurs lose him it still leaves the spurs with tim and manu and jefferson while the lakers would lose gasol which will weaken their front court considerably, and it will lead to kobe shooting 10/50.

but yeah even though you are trolling it does raise a lot of cool hypothetical scenarios and stuff
Pau is our best player? :lol Not for 2 more years...Try again.

LkrFan
11-21-2010, 04:38 AM
Heat.

Exactly.

rayjayjohnson
11-21-2010, 04:48 AM

pffffft. i'd take pau over that old ass rapist any day of the week.

BanditHiro
11-21-2010, 04:51 AM

do you honestly believe kobe is the lakers' best player?

LkrFan
11-21-2010, 04:55 AM
Taking a glance at the league standings, below are the top 16 teams in the NBA.

1. SA - no TD (and no, TP is not your best player because he only impacts one side of the ball. TD does both even in his 14th year)
2. NOLA - no CP
3. Lakers - no Kobe
4. Magic - no Dwight Howard
5. Celtics - no Rondo
6. Thunder - no KD
7. Mavs - no _irk
8. Jazz - DWill
9. Bulls - no Rose
10. Hype - no LeHype
11. ATL - no Joe Johnson
12. Warriors - no Monta
13. Blazers - no B Roy
14. Thuggets - no Melo
15. Phoenix - no Nash
16. Pacers - no Granger

I still would like our chances, tbh.

LkrFan
11-21-2010, 04:56 AM
LOL. Ok. :lol

LkrFan
11-21-2010, 05:02 AM
do you honestly believe kobe is the lakers' best player?
Yes because it is true. Kobe is still arguably the best in the game. Both are the best at their positions. The gap between Kobe and the next best 2-guard in the league is wider than the gap between Pau and the next best PF in the game. But that's besides the point. Kobe sets the table for all of the Lakers. Pau is awesome, but he is not a better #1 option than Kobe - at least not yet. As a Laker fan, it's good that this is even a debate, tbh.

rayjayjohnson
11-21-2010, 05:38 AM
Yes because it is true. Kobe is still arguably the best in the game. Both are the best at their positions. The gap between Kobe and the next best 2-guard in the league is wider than the gap between Pau and the next best PF in the game. But that's besides the point. Kobe sets the table for all of the Lakers. Pau is awesome, but he is not a better #1 option than Kobe - at least not yet. As a Laker fan, it's good that this is even a debate, tbh.

buuuuuuulllllshit.

d-wade.

Venti Quattro
11-21-2010, 05:40 AM
Great job BUMP

LkrFan
11-21-2010, 06:15 AM
buuuuuuulllllshit.

d-wade.What is DWhistle better than Kobe at? Does he have a better jumper? Does he have a better low post game? Oh I get it: he's better at FTAs because of his style of play. NEWSFLASH: DWhistle won't always be able to beat everyone off the dribble and get to the hole. He better get him a jumper or his days as an elite SG will be numbered. I'd take Manu over DWhistle right now. Why? Because he has a reliable jumper which makes the rest of his game well rounded, and deadly. He pisses me off. :lol

Kobe is still effective in his 15th year. Why? Because he adds something new to his repertoire every year.

As a Thugget fan you should be tesifying because you've seen Kobe eliminate your squad on many ocassions. Doesn't matter if you guys had AI, Melo, Keisha Martin, Chauncey, Turdman, etc... :toast

rayjayjohnson
11-21-2010, 06:23 AM
What is DWhistle better than Kobe at? Does he have a better jumper? Does he have a better low post game? Oh I get it: he's better at FTAs because of his style of play. NEWSFLASH: DWhistle won't always be able to beat everyone off the dribble and get to the hole. He better get him a jumper or his days as an elite SG will be numbered. I'd take Manu over DWhistle right now. Why? Because he has a reliable jumper which makes the rest of his game well rounded, and deadly. He pisses me off. :lol

Kobe is still effective in his 15th year. Why? Because he adds something new to his repertoire every year.

As a Thugget fan you should be tesifying because you've seen Kobe eliminate your squad on many ocassions. Doesn't matter if you guys had AI, Melo, Keisha Martin, Chauncey, Turdman, etc... :toast

Be more butthurt.

He said there was a huge gap between Kobe and any other 2 guard. I'm pointing out that d-wade is good enough for that gap to not be as big as he thinks.

As for the nuggs, you still mad about two weeks ago?

LkrFan
11-21-2010, 06:37 AM
Be more butthurt.

He said there was a huge gap between Kobe and any other 2 guard. I'm pointing out that d-wade is good enough for that gap to not be as big as he thinks.

As for the nuggs, you still mad about two weeks ago?
:lol - nope - not in the least. Like Kobe said, the Lakers know the Thuggets. If you are expecting your bench to outplay our bench 4 times in a playoff series (which is what happened the other night) you better think again. Y'all played your asses off and beat us by...drumbroll...5 points! :lol When the Lakers have only the Thuggets to focus on (that's what happens in the playoffs), I guarantee you guys don't win more than 1 game. :lol

My nigga, the gap is that big between Kobe and the next best SG. DWhistle's FTAs is what makes it appear that he is even in Kobe's stratosphere. DWhistle can't even hold Kobe's jockstrap, tbh. Kobe is more skilled than he is, works harder than he does, and he has more heart. Stern created DWhistle. Who in their right mind thought DWhistle would be any better than Richard Hamilton when he came out of Marquette? :lol Again, Stern created DWhistle. Believe that.

rayjayjohnson
11-21-2010, 06:59 AM
http://cdn1.knowyourmeme.com/i/30403/original/YouMad.jpg

LkrFan
11-21-2010, 07:15 AM
http://cdn1.knowyourmeme.com/i/30403/original/YouMad.jpg
LOL - I'm being trolled. :rollin

Mike-in-brazil
11-21-2010, 09:05 AM
who da hell said Tony parker is better then the mighty Tim...who da hell just said that?...

who da hell just wade is better then kobe

both gota be kiddin!!..seriously??

anyway ...take the best player off any team ...still celtics and lakers in finals..
take away the best player off a team and if they still provide

defense .. balanced talent..good inside presence and a great bench..:lobt2: i only see 4 teams at best ,which provides once their best player leaves.

i decide off last years results..cause its valid..last season has past..
this season just got started these standings can be hot streaks or just flucks

Jose Canseco
11-21-2010, 10:55 AM
Pretty clear it would be the Boston Celtics. Taking Rondo off the Celtics, they have a clear advantage over a league that would have lost all their premier superstar players. They'd still have scoring, size in the front court, and really good defense. Their depth at PG takes a hit because then they'd have to split time with Delonte West, Nate Robinson, and maybe Marquis Daniels at PG. But the offense can run through Pierce and KG more. They'd also simply have to be more of a half court offense. But if healthy, they would be clearly the best team in a league that doesn't have Kobe, LeBron or Wade (either one you argue), Duncan, Dirk, CP3, D12, Carmelo, Deron Williams, Rose, Nash, Roy, Joe Johnson...

Boston would win the title easily imo.

ogait
11-21-2010, 11:55 AM
Pretty clear it would be the Boston Celtics. Taking Rondo off the Celtics, they have a clear advantage over a league that would have lost all their premier superstar players. They'd still have scoring, size in the front court, and really good defense. Their depth at PG takes a hit because then they'd have to split time with Delonte West, Nate Robinson, and maybe Marquis Daniels at PG. But the offense can run through Pierce and KG more. They'd also simply have to be more of a half court offense. But if healthy, they would be clearly the best team in a league that doesn't have Kobe, LeBron or Wade (either one you argue), Duncan, Dirk, CP3, D12, Carmelo, Deron Williams, Rose, Nash, Roy, Joe Johnson...

Boston would win the title easily imo.

Yeah that's true except I'm not convinced Rondo is the best player on the Celtics. It comes down to this, what's better, Celtcis without Rondo or without Pierce?
Paul Pierce it's still the better player on the Celtics imo even though I like Rondo a lot. What I'm saying is the Celtics would have more troubles matching up against those team without Paul Pierce than without Rondo.

Talent wise I would have to say that Lakers without Bryant are a better team than any other without there main man.

jimbo
11-21-2010, 12:31 PM
SA would be impacted the least imo, but Boston would still be better

TinTin
11-21-2010, 01:01 PM
Finally, splitter get can get minutes

cesare borgia
11-21-2010, 01:06 PM
Heat, Spurs and Celtic's.

daslicer
11-21-2010, 01:15 PM
The Lakers would be garbage without their best player. It was clear in '06 and '07 without him they were easily a first round team. Yeah so if you take away Gasol I would say the lakers would easily be beatable. Couldn't see Kobe-Odom-Bynum overpowering Ginobili-Parker-RJ, Wade-Bosh, Rondo-KG-Allen.

Fabbs
11-21-2010, 01:17 PM
Joey Crawford off the Lakers would be a devastating blow to the Fakeshow.
Still having Pao along with a good 2nd support role player in Kobme should keep the Lakers in at least the 1st round and possible 2nd round.

11-21-2010, 03:02 PM
take gasol off the lakers and they're back to their first round exits.

BanditHiro
11-21-2010, 03:03 PM

yeah this thread totally backfired on the oper

eric365
11-21-2010, 03:43 PM
Heat.

This doesn't respond to the op' question...
Would the Heat loose against Memphis minus their best player (Gay ?). I don't think so.

It would be IMO :
1/ Celtics
Well balanced team that would still have a good big and a good perimeter player.

2/ Heat
They would still have 2 superstars in a league with no Kobe, CP3, KD, Rose, DWill etc...
So basically they would have the 2 best players in the game or 2 of the top 3 since Gasol > Bosh.
And Bosh would play much better with the extra touch he gets by Lebron or Wade not there

3/ Spurs
Well balanced team

4/ Lakers
The backcourt would be too weak to be higher

5/ Memphis
Well balanced team

Tiago Splitter
11-21-2010, 03:57 PM
According to OP Gasol could carry the Lakers just as he carries Kobe or is he suggesting Gasol is the best player on the Lakers?

gmartin02
11-21-2010, 05:50 PM
The Lakers would be garbage without their best player. It was clear in '06 and '07 without him they were easily a first round team. Yeah so if you take away Gasol I would say the lakers would easily be beatable. Couldn't see Kobe-Odom-Bynum overpowering Ginobili-Parker-RJ, Wade-Bosh, Rondo-KG-Allen.
The Lakers were easily a first round team in '06 & '07 without Kobe? - you're smokin' too much crack dude.

Here are the top 8 Laker players in minutes played in '06 without Kobe:
Lamar Odom
Luke Walton
Kwame Brown
Chris Mihm
Smush Parker
Devean George
Brian Cook
Sasha Vujacic

That '06 team without Kobe would struggle to win 10 games - with Kwame Brown, Smush Parker, Sasha Vujacic, & Brian Cook in the rotation it's almost like a D-League team.

DJB
11-21-2010, 05:52 PM

Take a minute to think long and hard about that comment and then slap yourself in the face for being a faggot. :toast

peskypesky
11-21-2010, 05:54 PM
Celtics

Giuseppe
11-21-2010, 05:54 PM

Though Gasol never won a playoff game till Kobe showed him how.

peskypesky
11-21-2010, 05:56 PM
2/ Heat
They would still have 2 superstars in a league with no Kobe, CP3, KD, Rose, DWill etc...
So basically they would have the 2 best players in the game or 2 of the top 3 since Gasol > Bosh.
And Bosh would play much better with the extra touch he gets by Lebron or Wade not there

GTFO! Take Lebron off the Heat, and they're pretty much the same team they were last year. You must be dreaming if you think Bosh is a superstar! Amongst trannies maybe.

eric365
11-21-2010, 06:20 PM
GTFO! Take Lebron off the Heat, and they're pretty much the same team they were last year. You must be dreaming if you think Bosh is a superstar! Amongst trannies maybe.

Why do you need to insult ?

Bosh was a star / borderline superstar last year. He was a 24/11 guy and all star every year

In my book, you don't go to scrub status after 10 bad games in a new system and with a new role to adapt.

If he is still that bad in May, it will be another thing.

BanditHiro
11-21-2010, 07:00 PM
Though Gasol never won a playoff game till Kobe showed him how.

and kobe never won a playoff series without Gasol...

Giuseppe
11-21-2010, 07:10 PM
and kobe never won a playoff series without Gasol...

Though Kobe won 3 NBA World Championships without Gasol whilst Gasol never won a playoff game till Kobe showed him how.

Fabbs
11-21-2010, 07:25 PM
Though Kobe won 3 NBA World Championships without Gasol whilst Gasol never won a playoff game till Kobe showed him how.
So did Mark Madsen.

You better go to your 1948 reference.

frodo
11-21-2010, 07:27 PM

a properer question will be would the Lakers even win a GAME in the playoffs w/o Kobe Bryant. Gasol never won a GAME in the playoffs as the #1 player of his team, just something to think about.

Blake
11-21-2010, 07:31 PM
Spurs

BanditHiro
11-21-2010, 07:33 PM
a properer question will be would the Lakers even win a GAME in the playoffs w/o Kobe Bryant. Gasol never won a GAME in the playoffs as the #1 player of his team, just something to think about.

and kobe never won a playoff series without gasol so you take either one and the lakers fail, but they will fail more without gasol because kobe will just be a ball hog and shoot 10/50 or some shit like that and the lakers front court will be weakened.

LkrFan
11-21-2010, 08:33 PM
and kobe never won a playoff series without gasol so you take either one and the lakers fail, but they will fail more without gasol because kobe will just be a ball hog and shoot 10/50 or some shit like that and the lakers front court will be weakened.
You are making a ton of presumptions. Smush, Cook, and Kwame do not don the P&G no more. In other words, this ain't 2006. With either Pau out or Kobe out, the Lakers are still a solid playoff team. Not many teams could say that.

For those of you clamoring over Boston, PP is the only one on their roster that can consistently get his own shots without being spoonfed by Rondo. Take away Rondo and they average 80ppg - which won't get it done. For the Lakers, the triangle is an equal opportunity offense that can be manipulated to feature our top scoring threats. Because of Kobe and Pau's triangle knowledge either can give us 5-8 apg each or a triple double. Our bench is competent and they rely on the triangle to manufacture shot attempts. Plus they are run by a pass 1st underrated pg named Steve Blake with some pretty good athletes in Shannon Brown, Matty B, and soon - LO will be added to that mix - when Big Drew returns in a few weeks.

So if Kobe were taken out (or Pau, depending on your hate), the Lakers will be fine. Kobe hasn't played in more than 37 minutes in any games all year. That's a far cry from 2006 when we needed his 35ppg just for a chance to win. We can still get away with playing Kobe in limited mpg, yet lead the league in scoring and point differential. Then, just wait until Kobe is 100% and Big Drew returns. There will be a ton of ass kicking going on, I'll tell you that. :lol

Giuseppe
11-21-2010, 08:42 PM
and kobe never won a playoff series without gasol

Kobe won 3 NBA World Championships without Gasol.

21_Blessings
11-21-2010, 08:56 PM

You'd think they'd get some new material by now.

peskypesky
11-21-2010, 10:03 PM
Kobe without Shaq or Gasol didn't do much.

Ghazi
11-21-2010, 10:06 PM
Kobe without Shaq or Gasol didn't do much.

:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes:roll eyes:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes

Amarelooms
11-21-2010, 10:10 PM
:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes:roll eyes:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes

lol at you dummy with those shit videos....may the Ayatollah, all mullahs and all religious fanatics burn in hell

God bless your retarded ass though

:elephant

Ghazi
11-21-2010, 10:12 PM
lol at you dummy with those shit videos....may the Ayatollah, all mullahs and all religious fanatics burn in hell

have you even been to Iran?

probably just a westernized cuckold with no knowledge of our RICH culture/history.

lol @ you dummy

Amarelooms
11-21-2010, 10:20 PM

probably just a westernized cuckold with no knowledge of our RICH culture/history.

lol @ you dummy

Rich history before the religious fanatics fucked it up dummy. Twisting and brainwashing people with complete bullshit. May it all topple down on their heads 1000 times....

frodo
11-21-2010, 10:22 PM

the persian warriors will manage to get done the sacred work that Hitler once tried but failed to do, allying NK. better to join the Iran bandwagon sooner rather than later.

frodo
11-21-2010, 10:24 PM

lol @ you dummy

rich fucking culture/history. :lobt2:

LkrFan
11-22-2010, 12:20 AM
Like I was saying...

If the Lakers were without Kobe, and the other teams were without their best player, the Lakers would still rule. Tonight's game is a shitty example, but I'll use it anyway. :toast Kobe shot a respectable 7/16. The team without him was 37/63 (58.7%). In the midst of all of this was a perfect night for the best big man in the game. The guy who learned how to win with the Black Mamba:

28 pts
9 rebs
5 assists
4 blocks
30 minutes of work
+27
10/10 FGs
8/8 FTs

And this on the heels of Matty B and his perfect night in the game before on the road. So as you haters can see, we are more than just Kobe Bryant. Our bench is pretty good too. The Killer B's went 13/20 FGs for 32 pts, 11 rebs, and a +37. So when the Black Mamba goes to the bench, there isn't much of a dropoff. Just think when Big Drew returns and we send LO to the bench. :lol

Boston without Rondo lost tonight to Toronto. You know, the same Toronto team that dropped 103 points on the Lakers. :wakeup

HarlemHeat37
11-22-2010, 12:26 AM
:lol This guy has to be a troll, right?..

Um, I have never heard anybody say the Lakers are "just Kobe Bryant"..in fact, that's the main shot people take at him, his supporting cast has carried him through stretches of important basketball..

Of course the Lakers wouldn't be as affected if you take off Kobe, he isn't even their best player anymore..

BRHornet45
11-22-2010, 12:32 AM
Taking a glance at the league standings, below are the top 16 teams in the NBA.

1. SA - no TD (and no, TP is not your best player because he only impacts one side of the ball. TD does both even in his 14th year)
2. NOLA - no CP
3. Lakers - no Kobe
4. Magic - no Dwight Howard
5. Celtics - no Rondo
6. Thunder - no KD
7. Mavs - no _irk
8. Jazz - DWill
9. Bulls - no Rose
10. Hype - no LeHype
11. ATL - no Joe Johnson
12. Warriors - no Monta
13. Blazers - no B Roy
14. Thuggets - no Melo
15. Phoenix - no Nash
16. Pacers - no Granger

I still would like our chances, tbh.

lmao at this blatant homerism .... how can you rank the Spurs ahead of the Hornets? they have the exact same win/loss record, but the Hornets have a better conference record AND a beat down over the Spurs. lol trying to cover it up

LkrFan
11-22-2010, 12:48 AM
lmao at this blatant homerism .... how can you rank the Spurs ahead of the Hornets? they have the exact same win/loss record, but the Hornets have a better conference record AND a beat down over the Spurs. lol trying to cover it up
When I made this thread, BSPN had Sp*rs #1 in the league. Hell, I should have put the Lakers #1 anyway because we know the Lakers will have the best record when it is all said and done.

Pop Quiz: If you take Kobe off the Lakers or if you take Pau off of the Lakers, and you take CP off of the Hornets, who you think will win in a 7 game series? :lol

LkrFan
11-22-2010, 12:50 AM
:lol This guy has to be a troll, right?..

Um, I have never heard anybody say the Lakers are "just Kobe Bryant"..in fact, that's the main shot people take at him, his supporting cast has carried him through stretches of important basketball..

Of course the Lakers wouldn't be as affected if you take off Kobe, he isn't even their best player anymore..
Pau is awesome, but he would not be nearly this effective without Kobe on the court. But hey, who am I to argue? The bottom line is we got a great shot at #17 this year. :wakeup

Killakobe81
11-22-2010, 12:51 AM
LOL Kobe is not the Lakers best player ....

Killakobe81
11-22-2010, 12:52 AM
Apparently the Heat's best players are Haslem and Miller without them it's all doom and gloom in the forum ...:toast

LkrFan
11-22-2010, 12:53 AM
Apparently the Heat's best players are Haslem and Miller without them it's all doom and gloom in the forum ...:toast
:rollin

100%duncan
11-22-2010, 07:30 AM

kobe cant win a championship without a bigman. shaq,gasol. LOL

Giuseppe
11-22-2010, 07:41 AM
What'd you have problems as a like a kid?

tee, hee.

Mike-in-brazil
11-22-2010, 11:17 AM
kobe cant win a championship without a bigman. shaq,gasol. LOL

only team i can ever remember that won without a big man( at best) are the bulls

mavsfan1000
11-22-2010, 11:43 AM
Lakers got it. They got a deep team and Gasol is a great player as well. And as we know Barnes>Kobe. ;)

Cry Havoc
11-22-2010, 11:50 AM
only team i can ever remember that won without a big man( at best) are the bulls

You could make an argument that the 06 Heat and 04 Pistons won titles without dominant big men. Sure, the Wallaces were good, and Shaq was still decent, but they were nowhere near the level of dominance that most other NBA titles are won with.

The reason the entire argument came about in the first place is because ESPN/Lakers fans started blabbing about how Kobe was/is as good or better than Jordan.

LakeShow
11-22-2010, 01:12 PM
You could make an argument that the 06 Heat and 04 Pistons won titles without dominant big men. Sure, the Wallaces were good, and Shaq was still decent, but they were nowhere near the level of dominance that most other NBA titles are won with.

The reason the entire argument came about in the first place is because ESPN/Lakers fans started blabbing about how Kobe was/is as good or better than Jordan.

:lol How can you make that argument when its not true?

mindcrime
11-22-2010, 03:48 PM
Who is their best player? PP, KG, or Rondo? Put a gun to my head and I say it's Rondo. Take him out and they are a 1st round casualty, tbh.

I don't think you can pass the best player torch to Rondo just yet. Same goes for Gasol. Pierce/Kobe are still the best players on their respective teams. I have to disagree with your 1st round casualty comment as well. Celtics come out of the east with or without Rondo. I don't invest too much into regular season bullshit games.

Jose Canseco
11-22-2010, 03:55 PM
Even if you want to argue Paul Pierce as the Celtics' best player, they would still be the favorites in a league devoid of most of its superstars. They would have a huge advantage in size (including the depth they have in the front court) over the rest of the league, especially when you take away Dwight Howard and Tim Duncan. They'd still have three guys capable of putting up 20 PPG in Ray Allen, KG, and Rondo. And they'd be the best defense in the league.

Losing Pierce probably does hurt the Celtics more because of who would replace him. Marquis Daniels can't come close to providing what Pierce provides. While the combination of Nate Robinson and Delonte West at least gives the Celtics serviceable options if they lose Rondo. But I still like the depth of talent on the Celtics roster.