PDA

View Full Version : Say Miami kept Beasley and have not pursued Bosh...

Venti Quattro
11-21-2010, 06:25 AM
...and got some REALLY SOLID role-players instead of being financially locked like they are now, would they have been better than as currently constructed or is it a stupid idea and getting Bosh is really the better decision?

Discuss

rayjayjohnson
11-21-2010, 06:27 AM
Doesn't warrant discussion.

Bosh is made out of marshmallow. Beasley every time

romsey31
11-21-2010, 06:58 AM
bosh is a better fit.. beasley is at home at the 3.. hes having a break out season because he's finally at the rght spot. all miami needs is a banger at the 5 spot. with bosh being able to spread the floor they would be a great team

LkrFan
11-21-2010, 07:13 AM
Son I'd take Beasley over Bosh 7 days a week. Beasley is finally getting the chance to show us what he can do in Minnesota and frankly he is having a better year than Bosh.

The funny part is Beasley is still on his rookie KT. They could have kept him and had him back up LeHype or RuPaul. They messed up when they let Beasley go.

TDMVPDPOY
11-21-2010, 07:25 AM
doesnt make a difference

beasley was held back in miami due to wade and the offense around him

here at the wolves seems like his first option

Giuseppe
11-21-2010, 09:48 AM
And as soon as Beasley stepped foot back onto the Heat roster he'd step out the door once again. He's a problem child. As soon as he catches his breath he'll take a shit where he eats.

ogait
11-21-2010, 10:21 AM
Nonsense.

So typical to be impressed by stats made on a weak team. Just like Bosh was a top 10 player last year in Toronto.

Bosh is a better player than Beasley. The weaknesses in Bosh game are playing hard defence, witch Beasley can't do either, and having a solid back to the basket post game.
Judging by how Beasley is doing most of his scoring in Minnesota by taking players off the dribble he wouldn't even have a chance to try that in Miami with Wade and Lebron.

Mel_13
11-21-2010, 10:35 AM
If Miami didn't pursue Bosh, he would have joined up with LeBron in New York or Cleveland.

A better question is: Would Miami be better off with Beasley in place of Miller?

ogait
11-21-2010, 10:39 AM
A better question is: Would Miami be better off with Beasley in place of Miller?

Only if you consider that an awful fit for Miami like Beasley is better than an injured player. Otherwise it's a big NO.

TheMACHINE
11-21-2010, 10:45 AM
The question is: is timerwolve beasley better then toronto bosh?

Jose Canseco
11-21-2010, 11:10 AM
I like Beasley at the 3 too. You don't force him to bang in the low post on the defensive end against bigger and stronger guys. He may not be a good defender at small forward either, but at least it doesn't take the same toll defending one of the power positions does. Plus, kind of like Melo, Beasley can use his size against most small forwards to back them down or to step out for the jumper. I think small forward is where he should play the rest of his career. Now, he just needs to get into better shape, lose some weight, and work on getting quicker so he can defend the position better.

I don't think the Heat are any better with Beasley instead of Bosh. Bosh is the better player and more importantly the better power forward out of the two. Beasley doesn't help the Heat's interior defense he's really mostly a jumpshooter too.

Saving money that was given to Bosh might have given the Heat more money to work with, but who would they have gotten? It's not like Dwight Howard or Chris Paul were available last summer.

Mel_13
11-21-2010, 11:14 AM
I like Beasley at the 3 too. You don't force him to bang in the low post on the defensive end against bigger and stronger guys. He may not be a good defender at small forward either, but at least it doesn't take the same toll defending one of the power positions does. Plus, kind of like Melo, Beasley can use his size against most small forwards to back them down or to step out for the jumper. I think small forward is where he should play the rest of his career. Now, he just needs to get into better shape, lose some weight, and work on getting quicker so he can defend the position better.

I don't think the Heat are any better with Beasley instead of Bosh. Bosh is the better player and more importantly the better power forward out of the two. Beasley doesn't help the Heat's interior defense he's really mostly a jumpshooter too.

Saving money that was given to Bosh might have given the Heat more money to work with, but who would they have gotten? It's not like Dwight Howard or Chris Paul were available last summer.

Obvious alternatives to Bosh were Amare and Boozer.

duhoh
11-21-2010, 11:46 AM
if bosh didn't go to miami, do yall really think that lebron would've gone there?

ogait
11-21-2010, 11:58 AM
if bosh didn't go to miami, do yall really think that lebron would've gone there?

So are you saying that Lebron is a liar and he didn't made up his mind the morning before THE DECISION.

Shocking :lol

Venti Quattro
11-21-2010, 11:59 AM

For the sake of discussion, let's say LeBron intended to go to South Beach and it went down just like it did

sananspursfan21
11-21-2010, 12:03 PM
thought about that myself. i think if the heat had of added just bosh, or just lebron and then yah added a few good role players and kept beasley it would have been better. say what you want but i still dont think miami has a deep enough bench. not much talent there, but that doesn't mean they cant all pull together especially with all this negativity to use as motivation

duhoh
11-21-2010, 01:28 PM
So are you saying that Lebron is a liar and he didn't made up his mind the morning before THE DECISION.

Shocking :lol

:lol

didn't KG okay the trade to BOS after ray ray landed there first?

lil_penny
11-21-2010, 02:29 PM
imho i think beasley would of been the same guy we have seen in miami the last couple years.. a lazy bum. its funny how a change of scenery can help out a guy, that and hes the first option with minny. he ran around like a chicken with his head cut off behind wade, i could only imagine how we would be with lebron in the mix lol

DJB
11-21-2010, 03:05 PM
...and got some REALLY SOLID role-players instead of being financially locked like they are now, would they have been better than as currently constructed or is it a stupid idea and getting Bosh is really the better decision?

Discuss

They would still be abused by a team that had any legit bigman.

Pelicans78
11-21-2010, 03:11 PM
David Lee would have been the best fit for the Heat.

TinTin
11-21-2010, 04:31 PM
Say Miami had a payroll of 95 mil

...and got some REALLY SOLID role-players instead of being financially locked like they are now, would they have been better than as currently constructed or is it a stupid idea?

Discuss

Cry Havoc
11-21-2010, 04:55 PM

Discuss

No. The heat, as constructed, are still probably going to be a top 1-4 seed in the East. You build a team like Miami has for one reason -- to win titles. As nice as it is to have depth, most teams in the playoffs are only 6-8 players deep, and as thin as Miami's front court is, without Bosh they would be hopeless.

I think people are all too quick to write off the Heat. We're only 1/10th of the way into the season, and then we have 3 months of playoffs afterward. I still see the Heat as the 2nd best team in the East, at the very worst. Boston is playing better ball right now, but I would not be shocked to see the Heat get it together after Miller returns.

21_Blessings
11-21-2010, 04:58 PM
You build a team like Miami has for one reason -- to win titles.

Well in that case, they signed the wrong players :lol

21_Blessings
11-21-2010, 05:02 PM
:pop: "Hey Dwyane, we want you to win some more titles so we're signing two dudes that haven't won shit and have a history of quitting in the playoffs"

DJB
11-21-2010, 05:55 PM
:pop: "Hey Dwyane, we want you to win some more titles so we're signing two dudes that haven't won shit and have a history of quitting in the playoffs"

:lmao

peskypesky
11-21-2010, 05:57 PM
Doesn't warrant discussion.

Bosh is made out of marshmallow. Beasley every time

:toast