PDA

View Full Version : 1800 Commercials

Nathan Explosion
11-22-2010, 09:04 PM
Really, what's the point? Having the fake tough guy/douche bag saying that the top poured him a shot is supposed to convince me to buy 1800 over Patron?

First off, I hate tequila. Give me a good vodka any day. But that's beside the point.

Secondly, a real man doesn't need to measure a shot. He eyeballs it, and if it's more, than just drink it down anyway.

Slydragon
11-22-2010, 11:52 PM
vLJz1guEBVc

CubanSucks
11-23-2010, 12:12 AM
What a random dumbass thing to bitch about. And kinda late. That commercial has been around awhile

Nathan Explosion
11-23-2010, 12:43 AM
What a random dumbass thing to bitch about. And kinda late. That commercial has been around awhile

I've seen the commercials so many times, but today they just kept popping up, and I decided to actually say what I've been thinking since I first saw them. They're just so stupid.

Nathan Explosion
11-23-2010, 12:45 AM
vLJz1guEBVc

Yeah, it's so simple to just pour a shot in a shot glass without the gimmick top. Or you can just get a small glass and eye ball the shot like a real man. :toast

symple19
11-23-2010, 01:51 AM
Or, you could be a real man and not make dumbass threads about inconsequential things

IronMaxipad
11-23-2010, 01:59 AM
Really, what's the point? Having the fake tough guy/douche bag saying that the top poured him a shot is supposed to convince me to buy 1800 over Patron?

First off, I hate tequila. Give me a good vodka any day. But that's beside the point.

Secondly, a real man doesn't need to measure a shot. He eyeballs it, and if it's more, than just drink it down anyway.

http://www.brandweek.com/bw/photos/stylus/105715-1800Tequila_Imperioli.jpg

Nathan Explosion
11-23-2010, 10:27 AM
Or, you could be a real man and not make dumbass threads about inconsequential things

Oh yeah, because the Club is full of nothing but insightful, thought provoking and well thought out threads. How about if you don't want to see it, you skip over it? Is that so hard? Probably easier than pouring a shot into a shot glass.

See how I came around on that?

mrsmaalox
11-23-2010, 10:42 AM
I don't mind the commercials at all. Don't care about the tequila or the bottle, but I love Christopher Moltisanti :spin

Nathan Explosion
11-24-2010, 12:28 AM
I don't mind the commercials at all. Don't care about the tequila or the bottle, but I love Christopher Moltisanti :spin

I've seen some stupid campaigns on TV, especially when a lesser company attacks a more well known company making the same type of product (see Miller/Coors v. Budweiser or any Android smartphone v. iPhone), but this one is just dumb.

Drink our tequila, not because we think it tastes better but because of our bottle cap. Or drink our tequila because we have a fake tough guy to show we're not pretentious.

How about this? Drink our tequila because it tastes fucking good and is smooth as silk. That should be the ad campaign.

*tough guy sits in a chair with a bottle of 1800 on the table

Guy: When looking for a premium tequila, the choice is obvious. Drink 1800. It's really fucking good and smooth as silk.

The the brand logo comes up. 15 second spot costs you less money so you can run it twice as much.

Straight forward and direct. If you believe in your product, show it. The popular guys don't go after the smaller ones.

Bud doesn't make ads attacking Miller and Coors. Apple doesn't make ads attacking Android phones and Windows doesn't make ads attacking OS X.

The big guys are the best because they know what they're doing. They don't have to try and prove they're better, people believe they are. When you attack another company, you've already told the audience public perception says your product is inferior to the competition.

It's counterproductive.

lil'mo
11-24-2010, 04:29 AM
Funny thing about that commercial and them focusing on the bottle cap, when you pour the shot, try removing the cap without spilling tequila everywhere AND without pouring the shot back into the bottle. You can't do it!! You have to place the cap on the bottle ever so slightly, tip it up so the shot pours, then tilt it back removing the cap quickly so you dont spill the shot or pour it back in the bottle. ROFL it's fucking dumb.

I actually use the 1800 bottle and put a shit load of chile petines and boiled vinegar and make a nice little hot sauce. The shot glass top makes applying it to your meal easier than sprinkling straight from the bottle.

Nathan Explosion
11-24-2010, 10:44 AM
Funny thing about that commercial and them focusing on the bottle cap, when you pour the shot, try removing the cap without spilling tequila everywhere AND without pouring the shot back into the bottle. You can't do it!! You have to place the cap on the bottle ever so slightly, tip it up so the shot pours, then tilt it back removing the cap quickly so you dont spill the shot or pour it back in the bottle. ROFL it's fucking dumb.

That's what the video shows.

lil'mo
11-24-2010, 11:23 AM
Oh mah bad rofl