PDA

View Full Version : Blair is the odd man out

SinBAD
11-22-2010, 11:23 PM
Right now it seems that Blair is too small to go against starting centers, Dyss and Bonner are playing well together.Tiago needs to start.You would've helped on boards a little bit.I cant believe Pop isnt using this guy

ChuckD
11-22-2010, 11:25 PM
It wasn't size that marginalized him tonight, it was ORL playing Rashard at the PF. Blair has been playing really well, but he doesn't chase on the perimeter for shit.

ducks
11-22-2010, 11:26 PM
blair can not guard three point shooters

TD 21
11-22-2010, 11:27 PM
Blair doesn't play against starting centers; he plays against starting power forwards.

McDyess needs to start and Splitter needs to inherit McDyess' left behind bench minutes. Against elite teams/once the playoff rotation is set, that is.

As far as run of the mill games during the regular season, most games the Spurs are fine with Blair starting. It's games like the next one when the Spurs will need Blair this season, so that they don't have to tax Duncan and they can hopefully give McDyess the game off entirely.

spursfan1000
11-22-2010, 11:28 PM
I would like to see Splitter over Blair...but POP knows what he is doing

Nathan89
11-22-2010, 11:30 PM
Seems like it's always one thing or another with Blair. Just start Splitter already. I cant wait.

SequSpur
11-22-2010, 11:33 PM
spurs are undefeated...wgaf....dewin blair rulez.

EricB
11-22-2010, 11:35 PM
Leave it alone.

It was a bad matchup tonight simple as that. It happens, luckily Bonner stepped up.

peskypesky
11-22-2010, 11:41 PM
I'm a Blair fan...but at this point, I'd like to see Splitter start.

itzsoweezee
11-23-2010, 12:13 AM
It's about matchups. You seriously want Tiago Splitter guarding Rashard Lewis? Are you stupid?

crc21209
11-23-2010, 12:15 AM
Please, Blair was the odd man out for TONIGHTS game, and thats it. You cant expect Blair to be chasing Rashard Lewis out on the perimeter. He'll be back playing more minutes on Wednesday against Love and the bigs of Minnesota...

Trainwreck2100
11-23-2010, 12:20 AM
Yeah let's start splitter in his first knack season coming off summer international play

DAF86
11-23-2010, 10:41 AM
I know it's hard to change right now 'cause the team is doing great, but if the Spurs really want to do something special this season they'll have to go through the Lakers and Blair with his 6'6'' won't cut it, he will be a huge liability against the biggest frontcourt in the league, most of you will think: "well, let's just leave the things like they are right now and when (if) we face the Lakers in the playoffs we just tweak our rotation to give Splitter some of Blair's PT" but by then Splitter won't have the kind of chemistry needed with our starting line-up to make a positive impact.

I know it's a difficult change to make, but if I were Pop I would start Splitter over Blair. I like Blair but I just don't see what he brings to the team over Tiago, maybe some offensive rebounding, but other than that I think Splitter would be more helpful to the team right now.

BlairForceDejuan
11-23-2010, 10:44 AM
You're my boy Blair, but we could use Splitter's height.

BronxCowboy
11-23-2010, 10:50 AM
spurs are undefeated...wgaf....dewin blair rulez.

For once, I actually agree with Sequ. As long as the Spurs are winning, why nitpick?

mountainballer
11-23-2010, 10:56 AM
as mentioned by other poster on some other threads:
it's a pretty simple formula.
Blair vs. the bruiser type (undersized) PF: matchup works
Blair vs. perimeter PF: matchup doesn't work
Blair vs. 7 footer: matchup doesn't work

overall it should put Blair out of the starting line up pretty soon. there will be about 3 times more of the better match ups for him than going against starters.

Madhops
11-23-2010, 10:57 AM
There isnt an odd man out, we've got something for everyone. We need some inside muscle and offensive boards, Dejuans our guy for that.

bus driver
11-23-2010, 11:02 AM
i would like to see splitter over blair...but pop knows what he is doing

+1

TimDunkem
11-23-2010, 11:05 AM
There isnt an odd man out, we've got something for everyone. We need some inside muscle and offensive boards, Dejuans our guy for that.
Muscle and offensive boards won't be a factor when Gasol and Odom are tapping defensive and offensive rebounds to themselves.

DAF86
11-23-2010, 11:08 AM
Muscle and offensive boards won't be a factor when Gasol and Odom are tapping defensive and offensive rebounds to themselves.

I can already see the image in my head.

strosFan2
11-23-2010, 11:11 AM

Agreed. I don't think is a odd man out for the Spurs, they just need to use certain players at certain times.

ohmwrecker
11-23-2010, 11:15 AM
Pop has too many weapons this season not to use them all. The problem is, Pop has never been very good at adjusting the rotation, in game, per match ups. He is going to have to loosen up the program a bit.

8FOR!3
11-23-2010, 11:37 AM
tbh I would've contemplated sticking RJ at PF and on Rashad Lewis just for that game. Lewis is more of an SF anyways.