PDA

View Full Version : It's Only November

greyforest
11-22-2010, 11:52 PM
I bet a lot of people remember this catchphrase from last year. The Spurs were 5-6 on this date back then, struggling to find answers for a completely retooled team.

Fast-forward to today, and the win/loss situation is stunningly different. What is most interesting is how similar that roster was to the roster now. These are the Spurs that everyone was expecting back then - deep as hell, RJ dominating the wing, everyone playing at 100%, and FINALLY, Tiago.

It seems quite apparent to me that team chemistry is not immediately determined by a roster, but instead takes hundreds of hours of players practicing, learning, and developing together as a unit. I'll cite a much more popular example of team teething problems - this year's Miami Heat. This team is so stacked with talent that it can potentially dominate the NBA, yet they are a lackluster 8-6 after an even more disappointing debut.

All things considered, as different as the situation may be to last year, the same catchphrase still applies. It is only November.

DeadlyDynasty
11-22-2010, 11:57 PM
what are you doing down here? get your head back in the clouds!

TwoHandJam
11-22-2010, 11:58 PM
No doubt it takes time to integrate new players and for a team to gel but a lot of the team's struggle last year came from injury as well. All of the big 3 were injured for a significant period of time during the year.

Obstructed_View
11-23-2010, 12:03 AM
No Finley and no Bogans is a big change. There's not much chance to screw a promising young player for an overpaid veteran. I'm really disappointed that Anderson got hurt, but the pieces are here for this team if they're used to their abilities.

EricB
11-23-2010, 12:04 AM
No Finley and no Bogans is a big change. There's not much chance to screw a promising young player for an overpaid veteran. I'm really disappointed that Anderson got hurt, but the pieces are here for this team if they're used to their abilities.

Can't screw him over when he's got screws in his feet.

TDMVPDPOY
11-23-2010, 12:09 AM
couldnt care less whether its november or april

SPURS get BRAGGING rights for the time been

YoMamaIsCallin
11-23-2010, 12:11 AM
All the games count, no matter if they're in November or April.

TwoHandJam
11-23-2010, 12:19 AM
what are you doing down here? get your head back in the clouds!

Lakerfan is nervous already and it's only November. Oh the irony.

Obstructed_View
11-23-2010, 12:22 AM
Can't screw him over when he's got screws in his feet.

Tiago Splitter has screws in his feet?

Sisk
11-23-2010, 01:20 AM
Tiago Splitter has screws in his feet?

link plz :downspin: