PDA

View Full Version : One stat we're sucking at.

DMX7
11-23-2010, 12:40 AM
Attendance. C'mon people, we need to pick up the slack here. Yet another non-sellout.

DeadlyDynasty
11-23-2010, 12:42 AM
Fan Up!

DesignatedT
11-23-2010, 12:44 AM
crowd seemed pretty into it tonight. it will pick up as the season goes along..

ShoogarBear
11-23-2010, 12:51 AM
Spur Fan has become lazy, spoiled dilettante. :(

Obstructed_View
11-23-2010, 12:52 AM
A 12-1 team that's the only major team in a small market really doesn't have any excuse to be having attendance problems. Seattle Spurs, anyone?

DPG21920
11-23-2010, 12:55 AM
Do you guys live in SA and go to the games?

IknowU
11-23-2010, 12:57 AM
I am willing to come if someone pays my $1000 ticket to fly me in from Australia. Im willing to pay for the tickets :P

it's me
11-23-2010, 12:59 AM
Come on..... normal people working hard to make a living.....two options..... reduce the number of regular season games or reduce the ticket's price. Stern and the whole NBA, players, etc. are getting fucking rich... and we fans finance that shit..... sorry.

kaji157
11-23-2010, 01:01 AM
Sorry, can´t help on that one. I live in Argentina.
Anyways, just a question, how much is an average seat on a home game for the regular season?
Not a first row seat but a good one.

Cocaine
11-23-2010, 01:03 AM
It's not up to the fans you dumb f!&%. The CEO executives do that job, they some how suck at it. The spurs organization spent millions on making the fans zone and yet no results. I'm guessing that most of the spurs fans are to lazy to get up and spend 20 bucks to watch a game even if it includes a free hotdog and coke.

Solid D
11-23-2010, 01:07 AM
I think the Spurs fans were all at HEB tonight.

Slydragon
11-23-2010, 01:09 AM
I am willing to come if someone pays my $1000 ticket to fly me in from Australia. Im willing to pay for the tickets :P

Seems easy don't it, but when you live here and you not rich it's not easy to make every game.

Between work and my daughters school and after schools activities, I can't make a game. Hell if it wasn't for DVR I wouldn't be able to watch some of them also let alone make it to a game.

Slydragon
11-23-2010, 01:11 AM
It's not up to the fans you dumb f!&%. The CEO executives do that job, they some how suck at it. The spurs organization spent millions on making the fans zone and yet no results. I'm guessing that most of the spurs fans are to lazy to get up and spend 20 bucks to watch a game even if it includes a free hotdog and coke.

20 plus parking and another soda/beer etc times how many people go it can add up. I wish I had the time/$$$ to make every game.

jimo2305
11-23-2010, 01:26 AM
20 plus parking and another soda/beer etc times how many people go it can add up. I wish I had the time/$$$ to make every game.

this..

lol trust me.. if i could go to every game.. i would.. and im sure there's alot of local fans that are in the same boat

it's me
11-23-2010, 01:27 AM
Obama ..... we need a fan stimulus pack.... do it clown. You already gave my tax money to some bankers ...... do it

DMX7
11-23-2010, 01:29 AM
Obama ..... we need a fan stimulus pack.... do it clown. You already gave my tax money to some bankers ...... do it

"The Troubled Asset Relief Program, commonly referred to as TARP, is a program of the United States government to purchase assets and equity from financial institutions to strengthen its financial sector which was signed into law by U.S. President George W. Bush".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troubled_Asset_Relief_Program

it's me
11-23-2010, 01:32 AM
"The Troubled Asset Relief Program, commonly referred to as TARP, is a program of the United States government to purchase assets and equity from financial institutions to strengthen its financial sector which was signed into law by U.S. President George W. Bush".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troubled_Asset_Relief_Program

Lol..... how's change working for you?

Buddy Holly
11-23-2010, 01:40 AM
A 12-1 team that's the only major team in a small market really doesn't have any excuse to be having attendance problems. Seattle Spurs, anyone?

A team with Lebron, Wade and Bosh can't get more than 50 fans in the seats at their arena. Seattle Heat anyone?

See what I did there?

DeadlyDynasty
11-23-2010, 01:41 AM
wrong forum...take your conservative or liberal wankfest elsewhere

spectator
11-23-2010, 01:45 AM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/SAS/2011_start.html

6th in the nba in attendence; not bad at all

spectator
11-23-2010, 01:46 AM
i think the heat and magic are no 1/2 by far; then it's close between lakers/spurs and some other teams

LongtimeSpursFan
11-23-2010, 01:46 AM

Yet most people seem to have cell phones for entire families with bills that are $150 - $200 a month. C'mon people make excuses. I have season tickets and I am considered lower middle income. Spurs have so many ticket options that almost anyone can afford not just 'wealthy' folks.

Spurs fans are so freaking spoiled. Tickets start at $10 bucks and promotions for $22 that get you tickets, hot dog and two drinks. As far as parking there are lots very close for $10. It was so disappointing to see empty seats around me for this huge game.

gospursgojas
11-23-2010, 01:48 AM
Not this again

Drachen
11-23-2010, 01:48 AM
I am afraid to go to the game. The only game I went to, we lost. Anyway, most of my spurs watching is sadly on ESPN Gamecast. Full time job, Family, Full time grad program really take away my time. I have watch probably a total of 12 quarters of basketball this season and I am including the game I went to. To be fair, I have only watched about 5 quarters of football (college and pro) for much the same reason. At least I am making a greater effort for the spurs. Shit I turned down a 15th row center court free ticket tonight, because I had class. Damn it all ...... if it wasn't so close to finals.

rayray2k8
11-23-2010, 01:50 AM
It'll pick up later in the season.

Solid D
11-23-2010, 01:51 AM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/SAS/2011_start.html

6th in the nba in attendence; not bad at all

Arena: AT&T Center ▪ Attendance: 125,401 (6th of 30)

That stat is cumulative and the Spurs have already had 8 home games. I believe they rank 13th in average attendance and 12th in percentage of capacity.

Drachen
11-23-2010, 01:55 AM
Oh, BTW, I am not sure how many of yall know this. For college students there is a program where if there is not a sell out the day before, they will send you a text message advertising 10 dollar upper deck and 30 dollar lower deck tickets at the box office. Just text "college" to 50927. I keep meaning to post this but keep forgetting. If yall already knew this, then disregard.

gospursgojas
11-23-2010, 01:58 AM
Oh, BTW, I am not sure how many of yall know this. For college students there is a program where if there is not a sell out the day before, they will send you a text message advertising 10 dollar upper deck and 30 dollar lower deck tickets at the box office. Just text "college" to 50927. I keep meaning to post this but keep forgetting. If yall already knew this, then disregard.

Do they make you show your college ID? As I can't afford a 10$ ticket I cant afford 40k for higher learning

Drachen
11-23-2010, 02:02 AM
Do they make you show your college ID? As I can't afford a 10$ ticket I cant afford 40k for higher learning

Then go to SAC and pay like 800 a semester. LOL

DMX7
11-23-2010, 02:02 AM

LOL... Pretty well actually. Nice try though. :lmao

gospursgojas
11-23-2010, 02:03 AM
Then go to SAC and pay like 800 a semester. LOL

LOL. I went to NWV. I was jk....Im already done with college. Maybe I can use my old card

spurs10
11-23-2010, 02:06 AM
The fans were on their feet for most of the 4th quarter. There was a lot of energy in that place.....nothing to worry about.

Drachen
11-23-2010, 02:09 AM
LOL. I went to NWV. I was jk....Im already done with college. Maybe I can use my old card

I kept my original College ID from 98 and used it the whole time I wasn't in school for movies, and christmas gifts at pier one imports (10% off for students). What I am saying is, if you have it, use it. Plus if you know someone in college, they can buy multiple tix. LOL

Libri
11-23-2010, 02:14 AM

Thanks!

gospursgojas
11-23-2010, 02:15 AM
I kept my original College ID from 98 and used it the whole time I wasn't in school for movies, and christmas gifts at pier one imports (10% off for students). What I am saying is, if you have it, use it. Plus if you know someone in college, they can buy multiple tix. LOL

Awesome

DeadlyDynasty
11-23-2010, 02:17 AM

+1...I still keep my college ID in my wallet (for many of those reasons) and I graduated years ago

Drachen
11-23-2010, 02:20 AM
should I make a thread to tell everyone this? Is it not common knowledge?

Obstructed_View
11-23-2010, 02:53 AM
A team with Lebron, Wade and Bosh can't get more than 50 fans in the seats at their arena. Seattle Heat anyone?

See what I did there?

Yeah, you failed to understand that the Heat tickets are already sold and the Spurs tickets aren't.

angelbelow
11-23-2010, 03:29 AM
Too bad im over 1400 thousands miles away.

Sisk
11-23-2010, 04:35 AM
I heard the place was jam packed tonight.. TBH

Obstructed_View
11-23-2010, 05:24 AM
Too bad im over 1400 thousands miles away.

Yikes. Hope you have a coat.

METALMiKE
11-23-2010, 06:09 AM
Arena: AT&T Center ▪ Attendance: 125,401 (6th of 30)

That stat is cumulative and the Spurs have already had 8 home games. I believe they rank 13th in average attendance and 12th in percentage of capacity.

Attendance: 143,028 (5th of 30)

Leonard Curse
11-23-2010, 06:10 AM
i go to as many games possible (about 40) my buddys go out all the time. My last game was the cavs and i remember thinking "wow theres fans even way the hell up there" so i think the spurs are doing fine

xmas1997
11-23-2010, 07:20 AM
Being on unemployment doesn't bode well for going to things like this. Luckily I can still see the games online for free. Not everyone is in great financial positions.

NickiRasgo
11-23-2010, 07:44 AM
It's only November.

byrontx
11-23-2010, 08:45 AM

The President has done a great job considering the shit he was left with after that bozo Bush left but comments like this belong in a different forum.

I have two reasons for not often being at the game. One, I have a 6 yr old and its a school night. The other is cost. I'll pay as much as $75 each for the three of us to go to the game but any more is over my threshold. It is often difficult to find decent tickets in the price range of what I am willing to pay.

JudynTX
11-23-2010, 08:57 AM
It'll pick up later in the season.

Lame :td

JudynTX
11-23-2010, 08:57 AM
I think I heard the Baseline Bums last night. :rolleyes

BronxCowboy
11-23-2010, 09:04 AM
Spurs fans are so freaking spoiled. Tickets start at $10 bucks and promotions for $22 that get you tickets, hot dog and two drinks. As far as parking there are lots very close for $10. It was so disappointing to see empty seats around me for this huge game.

Is this true? That's amazing. The only time I get to see the Spurs live is when they visit the Knicks, and then it costs 43 bucks for the shittiest seats in the house. Dang, I wish I lived in San Antonio.

ElNono
11-23-2010, 09:13 AM
With NBALP being about $2.50/game, if I can't get anything close to floor-level, I rather watch it in the comfort of my home in the big screen in HD.
I get a better view and save a bunch of money.
At some point it's just a matter of economics.

it's me
11-23-2010, 09:24 AM

So we rank higher at attendance than almost all other categories?.....…… lol owned.

Soul_Patch
11-23-2010, 09:33 AM
How do you know those empty seats are up in the 200s where most people can afford to go?

I think a lot of times those seats are in the lower bowl. The average guy cant spend 100+ dollars a ticket on a Monday night, much less any other night.

Agloco
11-23-2010, 09:55 AM
Attendance. C'mon people, we need to pick up the slack here. Yet another non-sellout.

It's the economy stupid.

- Signed J. Carville

dbestpro
11-23-2010, 10:00 AM
Yeah, you failed to understand that the Heat tickets are already sold and the Spurs tickets aren't.

Very good, but NBATV last night kept going on how they do not understand why the Heat are having attendance problems and are not selling out their games.

Russ
11-23-2010, 10:06 AM
This must be horrifying the FO, wondering what attendance will look like when a decline in play happens.

yavozerb
11-23-2010, 10:07 AM
It's the economy stupid.

- Signed J. Carville

:lol, couldn't have said any better....

Fabbs
11-23-2010, 10:29 AM
Yet most people seem to have cell phones for entire families with bills that are $150 - $200 a month. C'mon people make excuses. I have season tickets and I am considered lower middle income. Spurs have so many ticket options that almost anyone can afford not just 'wealthy' folks.

$10 for anyone or just the college kids?

Solid D
11-23-2010, 10:31 AM

As I mentioned before, their attendance in that stat is cumulative. Here is a handy link for you: http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance/_/order/false

Fewer than 10 teams have played 8 or more home games. That is why average attendance and % of capacity are valuable stats, for this argument.

The Spurs currently rank 18th in average attendance and 12th in % of capacity of the arena.

bus driver
11-23-2010, 10:32 AM
I will be at the game on Friday against the Mavs

drinking my beer and eating Whataburger!

:flag::lobt2::flag:

...dont know if i will wear my spurstalk shirt. the spurs are like 1-3 when i wear that shirt to the game..:wakeup

Mel_13
11-23-2010, 10:33 AM
$10 for anyone or just the college kids?

Everyone.

http://www.nba.com/spurs/tickets/1011_themenights.html

Obstructed_View
11-23-2010, 11:57 AM
Very good, but NBATV last night kept going on how they do not understand why the Heat are having attendance problems and are not selling out their games.

Maybe I'm mistaken. I could swear ESPN talked about how they sold all their tickets pretty soon after Bosh and James signed on. The Heat certainly have attendance problems, but the answer to that is pretty clear: they're pretty underwhelming at the moment. Frontrunners hate mediocrity.

Chomag
11-23-2010, 12:02 PM
IF I could I would go to every Spurs game no question, However the economy has other plans for me. :depressed

Fabbs
11-23-2010, 12:09 PM
Everyone.

http://www.nba.com/spurs/tickets/1011_themenights.html
Wow even the Hornets game upcoming Sunday Dec 5th has some 10 buckers left.

Mavs this Friday Nov 26th still has some 20 buckers.

Can you move into an empty seat down lower if no one shows up?
Or do the seat Nazis prevent this?

jb4g
11-23-2010, 12:25 PM
Maybe I'm mistaken. I could swear ESPN talked about how they sold all their tickets pretty soon after Bosh and James signed on. The Heat certainly have attendance problems, but the answer to that is pretty clear: they're pretty underwhelming at the moment. Frontrunners hate mediocrity.

In hindsight they should have sold the place out on season tickets while the buzz was there. Instead they decided to hold back a couple thousand tix to sell individually in order to give more fans the chance to experience a heat game. Now those tickets arent selling out as expected.

I understand their thinking, NBA teams rely on gameday revenues more than people realize. You sell out on season tickets and its the same crowd every night, IFthey show up, and they are less inclined to spend money while there. On the flip side if you can get a fresh group of 3-4k people in for every game they are more inclined to buy merchandise and what not because the game is more of an experience for them.

That being said everyone knows Miami is a wack sports town, so this really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone

Mark in Austin
11-23-2010, 12:51 PM
This must be horrifying the FO, wondering what attendance will look like when a decline in play happens.

True, but on the other hand such a narrow margin for error is a pretty good incentive to guard against complacency.

Ginobilly
11-23-2010, 01:34 PM
I remember the good ole days when it was only 5 dollars a seat(for nose bleed) at the Alamodome. The south and west siders really knew how to fan up back in the day(1995-2002).

SA210
11-23-2010, 02:08 PM
I remember the good ole days when it was only 5 dollars a seat(for nose bleed) at the Alamodome. The south and west siders really knew how to fan up back in the day(1995-2002).

I don't care what anyone says, I loved it better with 36,000 fans in the stands. :toast

GreasyJoe
11-23-2010, 02:41 PM

Appreciate it!

Obstructed_View
11-23-2010, 02:57 PM
I don't care what anyone says, I loved it better with 36,000 fans in the stands. :toast

Those games were fun, but it just wasn't very loud with that big curtain sucking up all the sound.

SA210
11-23-2010, 03:15 PM
Those games were fun, but it just wasn't very loud with that big curtain sucking up all the sound.

Would have been awesome if they built the ATT with that many seats, and then closed off that section with like metal barriers or something for no sellout games :lol

Then open them up for the playoffs, that would be loud.

Obstructed_View
11-23-2010, 03:22 PM
Would have been awesome if they built the ATT with that many seats, and then closed off that section with like metal barriers or something for no sellout games :lol

Might have been nice, but I'm glad for the city's sake that they got an arena built and managed to keep the team in town. At one point it looked like Red's retarded attempt to bring a football team to San Antonio was going to cost the city their only other pro team.

Drachen
11-23-2010, 03:36 PM

I have always said that during the playoffs (or at least the finals) that the spurs should move the game to the Alamodome. They could even set it up in 1995-2002 playoff format (i.e. move the curtain further out to seat 40k people)

SA210
11-23-2010, 03:50 PM
I have always said that during the playoffs (or at least the finals) that the spurs should move the game to the Alamodome. They could even set it up in 1995-2002 playoff format (i.e. move the curtain further out to seat 40k people)

Games there were some of the greatest times in my life. 36,000 for a playoff game. It was awesome. Yea the big curtain was somewhat tacky and all, but the amount of fan support and attendance figures were just spectacular.

ShoogarBear
11-23-2010, 04:02 PM

So we rank higher at attendance than almost all other categories?.....…… lol owned.
You guys need to learn the difference between total and average.

rascal
11-23-2010, 04:06 PM

It will be an empty house when Duncan leaves and the spurs take a fall into non playoff land.

rascal
11-23-2010, 04:17 PM
The President has done a great job considering the shit he was left with after that bozo Bush left but comments like this belong in a different forum.

I have two reasons for not often being at the game. One, I have a 6 yr old and its a school night. The other is cost. I'll pay as much as $75 each for the three of us to go to the game but any more is over my threshold. It is often difficult to find decent tickets in the price range of what I am willing to pay.

This. The good tickets are just out of the price range for the average person and it is better to watch the games on tV then get cheap bad seats.

mexpurs21
11-23-2010, 04:24 PM
I would go if i where in S.A. Town :depressed

phxspurfan
11-23-2010, 07:02 PM

This is great! Thanks for mentioning it. I'm don't live in SA but I'll bring my student ID if I visit so we can go to games if they aren't sold out. $30 lower deck is sweet if I can get two or more.

MannyIsGod
11-23-2010, 07:43 PM
Economic tough times are especially tough in a city like San Antonio where the average income is lower than a lot of the country. Just a fact of life. The fact that the Spurs are in the middle of the pack when it comes to averages is actually a good thing. Team Success aside, San Antonio is relatively poor when compared to other NBA markets.

Trimble87
11-23-2010, 07:54 PM
I love the Spurs, I have watched every game home or away since the invention of the DVR. But if I wasn't a member of the Silver and black pack I would only get to 2 or 3 regular season games a year and 1 or 2 playoff games. It has nothing to do with how much you like the spurs, its just an expense most people cant justify when you can watch every game in HD at home.

DieHardSpursFan1537
11-23-2010, 08:48 PM
If I lived in San Antonio, but I don't. I'll get to one of their games eventually.