PDA

View Full Version : Matt Bonner: "I might be the most boring player in the world."

Demosthene
11-23-2010, 02:15 AM
http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2010/11/23/20101122_alink_bonner.nba/

Chase_the_Bass
11-23-2010, 02:17 AM
Yeah I saw that too.

Anyone else thinks it looks like Bonner almost just levitates off the ground when he shoots?

Leonard Curse
11-23-2010, 06:18 AM
Yeah I saw that too.

Anyone else thinks it looks like Bonner almost just levitates off the ground when he shoots?

:lmao never thought about it like that!!, but youre right, it seems he takes off with a jet pack straight up (redrocket is too good of a nickname)

BlairForceDejuan
11-23-2010, 08:59 AM
These freaking NBA hosts have no new material. Bringing up the boring angle years later like this? Jesus christ

Bonner should have just replied, "That is fabricated bullshit by the piss-poor sports media that you have just continued to propitiate by your shitty NBA Gametime post-game questioning."

phyzik
11-23-2010, 09:16 AM
These freaking NBA hosts/analysis have no new material. Bringing up the boring angle years later like this? Jesus christ

Bonner should have just replied, "That is fabricated bullshit by the piss-poor sports media that you have just continued to propitiate by your shitty NBA Gametime post-game questioning."

Then immediately throw his headphones straight at the camera, flip the table he's sitting at and storm off set...

That would have been epic. :lol

ElNono
11-23-2010, 09:21 AM
Pretty sad the official channel of the NBA has probably the worst personnel covering NBA games. I thought ESPN was pretty bad, but these guys outsuck them every time.
And don't even get me started with how long the ads are after 11pm or so...
That's why if the Spurs ever go into Fan Night voting, I will go online and vote them out of it.

Spurologist
11-23-2010, 09:34 AM
His drives have a 0% success rate.

NickiRasgo
11-23-2010, 09:43 AM
At least he is honest by saying that.

yavozerb
11-23-2010, 10:03 AM

Wrong, apparently you do not watch many spurs games cause you would see Bonner gets to the rim on a pump fake from the arc at least 1-2 times a game and seems to cash in on this move at a very high rate. Bonner has worked on his game hard and it has made him a very good offensive player in the NBA.

Agloco
11-23-2010, 10:07 AM
Outside the arc - Pretty

Inside the arc - Ugly

If Bonner has the ball in his hands for more than 2 seconds in any given possession, there's usually trouble.

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-23-2010, 10:27 AM
That put back at the rim in the second half was pretty sweet. Usually I'd agree with Matt assessment but last night he was anything but boring. Was crashing the boards like Dejuan's brother from another mother.

ohmwrecker
11-23-2010, 10:32 AM
Unfortunately, a self-effacing sense of humor isn't going to help the Spurs in the playoffs.

Russ
11-23-2010, 10:34 AM
Bonner needs a new nickname to combat his boring image, like "Hondo."

Might win him some respect from the referees, too.

Hondo Bonner.

ohmwrecker
11-23-2010, 10:36 AM
Red Rocket is perfect. It makes me a little uncomfortable, which is appropriate, and it's a euphemism for a dog's boner.

pawe
11-23-2010, 11:54 AM

You still can't see the high percentage short right hand hook he perfected now?

Manu20
11-23-2010, 01:05 PM
Looks like the spurs are never going to be able to shake off being boring :sleep

Being 2nd in scoring apparently is not good enough :king

Agloco
11-23-2010, 01:16 PM
Red Rocket is perfect. It makes me a little uncomfortable, which is appropriate, and it's a euphemism for a dog's boner.

And they both disappear under pressure.....yeah apropos. :lol

jjktkk
11-23-2010, 02:04 PM
Pretty sad the official channel of the NBA has probably the worst personnel covering NBA games. I thought ESPN was pretty bad, but these guys outsuck them every time.
And don't even get me started with how long the ads are after 11pm or so...
That's why if the Spurs ever go into Fan Night voting, I will go online and vote them out of it.

:lol