PDA

View Full Version : NAZR >>>>>>DUMPier

td21mvp
05-24-2005, 11:12 PM
how sad for mavs to pay all that money to a loser and at the same time they lose steve 'unstopable' nash...sad

now the spurs get a good hard working guy in nazr and boom he is delievering in the playoffs...amazing. nazr has lots upside cant wait to see what he looks like after a offseason with spurs coachs and timmy tutoring.

damn im excited. Tim, Manu, TP, bowen and nazr thats the best all around starting line up.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-24-2005, 11:13 PM
What about Rose? I think some people around here owe Nazr an apology.

td21mvp
05-24-2005, 11:17 PM
What about Rose? I think some people around here owe Nazr an apology.

no disrespect to you AHF, but lets just forget about rose and lets stop comparing the two. lets concentrate on the present, future,...the past is what it is.

GO SPURS GO
man i wish i lived in SA so that i can attend the games, fuck im stuck with the warriors.

E20
05-24-2005, 11:18 PM
GO SPURS GO
man i wish i lived in SA so that i can attend the games, fuck im stuck with the warriors.
Same here. CONCORD CA REPERSENT!!!!!

GoSpurs21
05-24-2005, 11:18 PM
even though it was the unpopular opinion around here, I always supported the decision to go bigger with Narz. who in here is going to say Malik would have been as good as Narz in this years playoffs?

Dre_7
05-24-2005, 11:20 PM

Hey, "our" (NOT MINE THOUGH!!) team just got the number 1 pick!!

Like I care :lol

td21mvp
05-24-2005, 11:21 PM

CA>>>>>TX aside from spurs and cowboys.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-24-2005, 11:22 PM
No apology needed, I just want to see certain people who said Nazr wouldn't contribute a damn thing in the playoffs to show up and admit they were wrong.

nkdlunch
05-24-2005, 11:22 PM
http://img290.echo.cx/img290/6659/dampgoesfishing0vz.jpg

milkyway21
05-24-2005, 11:52 PM
how sad for mavs to pay all that money to a loser and at the same time they lose steve 'unstopable' nash...sad

now the spurs get a good hard working guy in nazr and boom he is delievering in the playoffs...amazing. nazr has lots upside cant wait to see what he looks like after a offseason with spurs coachs and timmy tutoring.

damn im excited. Tim, Manu, TP, bowen and nazr thats the best all around starting line up.mouse insisted that they got the "steal" of this trading deadline in Van Horn.

i think the real steal would be Nazr. :smokin

Louae
05-25-2005, 12:01 AM
No apology needed, I just want to see certain people who said Nazr wouldn't contribute a damn thing in the playoffs to show up and admit they were wrong.

I call bullshit, you brought out this thread to bash on Rose some more. That's the only reason you ever bring this shit up time and time again.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=257224#post257224

Look at post #33 of that thread and you'll find where this person admitted he was wrong about Nazr producing in the playoffs. And to note, I've seen many other Rose supporters coming out to give Props to Nazr. It's only when you throw in a Rose bash at the same time when you get everybody pissed off.

Again, I'm happy POP and RC's gamble paid off big time in this year's playoffs. Obviously, homecourt didn't play a role in hurting our championship dreams after Sunday's and tonight's performance; and I'm happy Nazr has played a role in that success. I honestly didn't think that it would've happened and I still think that this performance is considered gravy in respect to POP and RC's expectations of him this season.

But for me to give you props for seeing this in advance is crazy. Especially after seeing him perform as poorly as he did when he got here. For you to believe in Nazr to play as well as he has in time for the playoffs, after how poorly he played when he arrived, was just blind faith. Nothing more, nothing less. So stop tooting your own horn. It's getting ridiculous.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-25-2005, 12:07 AM
Bullshit. I'm not trying to bash Rose, I could give a fuck about Philly's Phamous.

This is about people like you, LJ, whott, etc. who said that Malik would have contributed more in these playoffs than Nazr would, that Nazr couldn't play D, couldn't rebound, wouldn't sniff 10 and 10, had no heart, no competitiveness, etc.

So kiss my ass :)

timvp
05-25-2005, 12:10 AM
Nazr is playing like a man. I was indifferent about the trade when it happened. When Nazr started to suck, I was worried and called him out.

I 100% apologize for that. He's been a beast. Rose was good for this team with David and Tim around him. But now with David gone, Nazr is close to the perfect answer.

He's bringing his game up each round. And that's saying something after having a huge game to start the playoffs.

Oh and hell yeah he's better than Dampier. I'd take Nazr over two Dampiers.

Props.

:smokin

Mr. Peabody
05-25-2005, 12:26 AM
Wasn't Nazr hurt when he first arrived? That might explain his lack of productivity at that time.
________
Leilani (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/Leilani)

Boo
05-25-2005, 12:35 AM
Im From Union City!! Straight Outta The Yay Area!!!

picnroll
05-25-2005, 12:47 AM
Lesson to be learned, don't question Pop and RC. They're right about 100x as often as you are. That's why they make the big bucks and you don't.

ChumpDumper
05-25-2005, 01:15 AM
Wasn't Nazr hurt when he first arrived? That might explain his lack of productivity at that time.Hurt and severely pressing due to his own expectations.

Louae
05-25-2005, 02:20 AM
Bullshit. I'm not trying to bash Rose, I could give a fuck about Philly's Phamous.

Only a comment made by a hater.

This is about people like you, LJ, whott, etc. who said that Malik would have contributed more in these playoffs than Nazr would, that Nazr couldn't play D, couldn't rebound, wouldn't sniff 10 and 10, had no heart, no competitiveness, etc.
So kiss my ass :)

Based on the performances I was seeing at the time, it was an accurate assumption to make.

Louae
05-25-2005, 02:22 AM
Lesson to be learned, don't question Pop and RC. They're right about 100x as often as you are. That's why they make the big bucks and you don't.

Considering their track record, you'd think I'd back all their decisions out of blind loyalty. But that's never been my nature.

firepopovich
05-25-2005, 02:25 AM

well they did sign rasho. so i guess they arnt perfect.

and lets not forget HEDO. oh and guy i like to call steve smith who 3 years ago was the spurs 2nd option and is now the 12th man down in miami.

TMSKILZ
05-25-2005, 03:28 AM
Spurs need to trade Rasho, b/c with Nazr here, he won't get much mins & lets face it, Rasho is a liability on the OFF side of the court. Also with that salary, Rasho can't be held onto just to come off the bench. I rather have Marks next yr off the bench for far less cheddah than Rasho & his salary.

Add Jovakas & Scola & it's see ya later Rasho!

Mark in Austin
05-25-2005, 08:04 AM
Rasho>Dampier

2centsworth
05-25-2005, 08:09 AM
He's been a beast. Rose was good for this team with David and Tim around him. But now with David gone, Nazr is close to the perfect answer.

I couldn't have said that better myself. Nazr was the center the spurs were looking for 2 years ago.

ambchang
05-25-2005, 08:11 AM
even though it was the unpopular opinion around here, I always supported the decision to go bigger with Narz. who in here is going to say Malik would have been as good as Narz in this years playoffs?

I don't think anybody doubted the decision. Most people realize that talent wise, it was a good trade. People just couldn't give up Rose due to sentimental reasons. He was a crowd favourite because of his heart and his background.

fraga
05-25-2005, 08:15 AM
Getting rid of Rose was a good move...ever since he got his big contract...he's steadily gone down hill...managing at least one major fuck up a game...I for one was excited about Nazr coming to SA...I thought we got the better part of that deal...and he's been coming along nicely. I think the whole situation with him having to come in and play in place of Frankenstein has actually forced him to learn our system and play better...now the only thing I can see that he needs work on is controlling the ball...it seems like alot of times he gets a good pass under the basket...he gets rattled and either fumbles it away or has to gain control of it, giving the defense a chance to set up around him...dunk that damn ball man...

ambchang
05-25-2005, 08:17 AM
BTW, Rasho, though a disappointment at his salary, has played very well on the defensive end. Don't get me wrong, Nazr has been playing great, and deserved every minute he's got, but Rasho could still be invaluable in a series against Miami or Detroit.

Jimcs50
05-25-2005, 08:18 AM
Nobody thought Nazr would not contribute in the playoffs. Nazr had already proven his worth in reg season when Rasho went down.