PDA

View Full Version : Manu's knees and ankles....

magui86770
11-23-2010, 02:04 PM
Pull this from a chat with Bill Simmons today. Has anyone heard anything about Manu's health?

Joseph (Chicago)

how good would the Spurs be if they didn't screw up the Scola thing? They'd currently have Timmy, Scola, Blair, McDyess, Splitter for bigs. Competition for the Lakers unlike any other team.
Bill Simmons
(2:00 PM)

Yeah, the Scola thing was their biggest mistake of the past 10 years and it's never really been explained why they panicked like that - it would have been a luxury tax hit for one year (and not even for THAT much) and they just gave him away. I'm still not sold on them maintaining this pace... keep hearing that Manu's ankles and knees are in much worse shape than they are letting on.

urunobili
11-23-2010, 02:05 PM
beat you to it :P..

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166703

lefty
11-23-2010, 02:05 PM
Well, it's obvious Simmons hasnt watched a single Spurs game since the season started

rjv
11-23-2010, 02:09 PM
who from ESPN has even watched more than a couple of spurs games ?

i'm convinced simmons just throws crap out there sometimes. like his tony parker for nash and grant hill BS the other day.

Drewlius
11-23-2010, 02:13 PM
Just saw this.. Simmons is a pretty smart guy, and I used to really respect most of his opinions. Over the last few years he has become increasingly busy, and I highly doubt he watches full games on a regular basis. Take his "expert analysis" with a grain of salt imo.

Ginobilly
11-23-2010, 02:16 PM
I don't think this guy watches many Spurs games. About Manu's knees and ankles??? I think this is just wishful thinking by the media in order to downplay the Spurs recent success. If Manu's ankles and knees were not 100%, we Spurs fans would of noticed by now(injured Manu 2008/2009 anyone?). Manu would not be trowing down dunks or driving the way he is driving.

Agloco
11-23-2010, 02:18 PM
beat you to it :P..

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166703

rjv
11-23-2010, 02:19 PM
I don't think this guy watches many Spurs games. About Manu's knees and ankles??? I think this is just wishful thinking by the media in order to downplay the Spurs recent success. If Manu's ankles and knees were not 100%, we Spurs fans would of noticed by now(injured Manu 2008/2009 anyone?). Manu would not be trowing down dunks or driving the way he is driving.

not to mention that manu has never had knee issues. it has just been his ankles.

Chase_the_Bass
11-23-2010, 02:34 PM
I like Simmons...just whenever he isn't talking about the Spurs.