PDA

View Full Version : Tim Legler (ESPN) considers the Spurs the best team at the moment

jestersmash
11-23-2010, 02:16 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5842655

Alternate (direct) link:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5842597&categoryid=2459788

It's nothing to get overly excited about, of course. I just figure that most spurs fans are so used to ESPN ignoring any semblance of success from the spurs that this "Top 5 NBA Teams" take by Legler and Buccigross will be a breath of fresh air.

He did qualify his statement by saying that he still considers LA the favorite (no argument there from most spurs fans I'd think), but shockingly enough he's actually giving the spurs their due at the moment.

1. Spurs
2. Lakers
3. Hornets
4. Boston
5. OKC

Agloco
11-23-2010, 02:20 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5842655

It's nothing to get overly excited about, of course. I just figure that most spurs fans are so used to ESPN ignoring any semblance of success from the spurs that this "Top 5 NBA Teams" take by Legler and Buccigross will be a breath of fresh air.

He did qualify his statement by saying that he still considers LA the favorite (no argument there from most spurs fans I'd think), but shockingly enough he's actually giving the spurs their due at the moment.

1. Spurs
2. Lakers
3. Hornets
4. Boston
5. OKC

At the moment........ lol Legler

Begrudgingly giving the Spurs some props. What else is new? :lol

jestersmash
11-23-2010, 02:28 PM
At the moment........ lol Legler

Begrudgingly giving the Spurs some props. What else is new? :lol

Baby steps my friend, baby steps :toast

lefty
11-23-2010, 02:41 PM
I thought he hated us

WildcardManu
11-23-2010, 02:43 PM
So much for flying under the radar.

iManu
11-23-2010, 02:49 PM
Fuck the radar. :flag:

GreasyJoe
11-23-2010, 02:56 PM
Legler is the only guy that actually considers giving props to Spurs on ESPN

DeadlyDynasty
11-23-2010, 02:57 PM
So Simmons is a dumbass and Legler's a genius? K, just checking...

ElNono
11-23-2010, 02:58 PM
Now that we have Legler's validation, I know we're for real... :rolleyes

lefty
11-23-2010, 03:00 PM
:lolI agree

We have a lot of biased people here (well, not everybody, but still...)

When someone writes a positive article about the Spurs, it's a " great read " :lmao

Darkwaters
11-23-2010, 03:04 PM
Well it's hard to ride the Lakers too hard when their signature win is against a depleted Blazers team.

Kent_in_Atlanta
11-23-2010, 03:14 PM
He did qualify his statement by saying that he still considers LA the favorite (no argument there from most spurs fans I'd think)

LA may be the favorites, I suppose... but they aren't the CLEAR favorites they appeared to be heading into the season. That is to say, I think the Spurs have established themselves as a legitimate threat, if healthy, to the Lakers in the West.

DeadlyDynasty
11-23-2010, 03:16 PM
Well it's hard to ride the Lakers too hard when their signature win is against a depleted Blazers team.

They can only play who's put in front of them

#2!
11-23-2010, 03:16 PM

Don't worry they made sure and say "LA's the favorite" right after they put the Spurs #1 on their own list.

ESPN had as ahead for about 6 seconds, try not to throw up in your mouth.

jestersmash
11-23-2010, 03:18 PM
LA may be the favorites, I suppose... but they aren't the CLEAR favorites they appeared to be heading into the season. That is to say, I think the Spurs have established themselves as a legitimate threat, if healthy, to the Lakers in the West.

Your two assertions are not mutually exclusive. To be fair, you did not imply that they were, but I'm merely clarifying for Lakers fans on this board who are chomping at the bit for "delusional" spurs fan posts.

The Lakers can be considered the favorites while the Spurs can be considered a legitimate "threat" at the same time.

SA210
11-23-2010, 03:19 PM
Who thinks we can pull off 3 more straight wins? Would be nice. I love the rest Tim is able to get so far.

DeadlyDynasty
11-23-2010, 03:20 PM
Don't worry they made sure and say "LA's the favorite" right after they put the Spurs #1 on their own list.

ESPN had as ahead for about 6 seconds, try not to throw up in your mouth.

I don't really care who ranks what team where...I just love the hypocrisy on this site.

Kent_in_Atlanta
11-23-2010, 03:24 PM
Your two assertions are not mutually exclusive. To be fair, you did not imply that they were, but I'm merely clarifying for Lakers fans on this board who are chomping at the bit for "delusional" spurs fan posts.

The Lakers can be considered the favorites while the Spurs can be considered a legitimate "threat" at the same time.

I don't disagree. Just pointing out that, before the season, many commented that the Spurs had chance to become the second-best team in the West. Every compliment the Spurs roster received from an NBA analysts coming into the season was quickly qualified with "but of course, they won't beat the Lakers".

All I'm saying is that now, I don't think that can be said with any degree of certainty. The Spurs, if healthy, do NOT appear limited to competing for a silver medal out West.

#2!
11-23-2010, 03:25 PM
I don't really care who ranks what team where...I just love the hypocrisy on this site.

You learn to live with it.:lol

z0sa
11-23-2010, 03:28 PM
Legs gave us props back in 05 and 06.

DieHardSpursFan1537
11-23-2010, 03:31 PM
I thought he hated Spurs. :lol

Rummpd
11-23-2010, 03:34 PM
Hollinger had the Spurs at about 56-57 wins in the pre-season noting that the Spurs point differential last year predicted more success and that might just be about right or slighly on the low end when all shakes out.

Seventyniner
11-23-2010, 03:46 PM
Hollinger had the Spurs at about 56-57 wins in the pre-season noting that the Spurs point differential last year predicted more success and that might just be about right or slighly on the low end when all shakes out.

The Spurs had the point differential of a 57-win team last season; by the end of the season they were better than your average #7 seed.

rascal
11-23-2010, 03:46 PM
It is not important what he thinks or writes.

Manudona
11-23-2010, 03:51 PM
I think he meant Tim's not Manu's ankles and knees are worst than the front office wants to admit.

ohmwrecker
11-23-2010, 04:07 PM

Link?

Seventyniner
11-23-2010, 04:35 PM

Actually, the consensus is that they're both idiots, but Legler's playing the part of the blind squirrel that found the acorn this time.

romsho
11-23-2010, 04:39 PM

Laker fan and Cowboy fan have alot in common. Brutal when they win. Best frontrunners in all of sports.

DeadlyDynasty
11-23-2010, 04:43 PM
Laker fan and Cowboy fan have alot in common. Brutal when they win. Best frontrunners in all of sports.

I have a nice Karmic balance when it comes to my football and basketball teams, tbh.

DeadlyDynasty
11-23-2010, 04:44 PM
Link?

tou-che, salesman:lol

4down
11-23-2010, 04:47 PM

Pretty much.

Why, what are YOU saying? Legler's a moron and Simmons is Einstein? Just curious. :lol

Acutally, I think it's smart to say the same thing many of us were saying last year around this time... "It's only November"... I say wait till March.

I really think most fans understand the record right now don't mean much besides keeping a good pace in the loss column, and are pleased with the wins but not fooled into thoguhts of security. LOT's of season to develop yet

Gutter92
11-23-2010, 04:48 PM

same here, I love how we're getting comments down in the NBA forum "well the Spurs haven't beaten anyone yet"...well, according to you, "we can only play who's put in front of us", right? Pretty sure our record is like 7-0 vs. teams that were in the playoffs last year, which, IMO, is better than 3-2.

DeadlyDynasty
11-23-2010, 04:50 PM
Pretty much.

Why, what are YOU saying? Legler's a moron and Simmons is Einstein? Just curious. :lol

They're both jackasses

Duff McCartney
11-23-2010, 05:00 PM
Baby steps my friend, baby steps :toast

Yeah whatever...we've won 4 titles in a ten year span...not even real babies take that long to walk.

I personally don't care who gives the Spurs props, but to say that ESPN/Legler is moving slowly but surely to give the Spurs props is a joke. In none of the 4 titles that the Spurs won did ESPN kiss ass the way they do when Boston or LA wins the title.

MoSpur
11-23-2010, 05:16 PM
I don't really criticize ESPN because they are only gonna talk about what people usually wanna hear. However, as of late their love fest for the Heat is just ridiculous. The Spurs had just finished winning their 11th in a row, which is a pretty cool thing in this sport, but all they could talk about was Wade's bad shooting night. Really? I just shook my head when I saw that.

I don't care if the national media is loving on the Spurs or ignoring them, but to talk about the Heat all the time is just absurd. The Heat haven't done anything this season and they're all ESPN talks about. The other night it was about LeBron leading them with 32pts against some sorry team. The Grizzlies I think. Then the other time it was about Bosh finally scoring over 20pts in their win against the Suns who have no front court. It blows my mind.

Okay. I'm done venting.

Bukefal
11-23-2010, 05:20 PM
Again a lot of praise for the Spurs on ATH today. Talking about Parker and Manu being great and Pop and Duncan. Woody even apologizing for not paying attention to the Spurs earlier :lol

Pauleta14
11-23-2010, 05:29 PM
Ledger named everybody except TP ... (!!!??)

m33p0
11-23-2010, 05:32 PM
... at the moment.

at the moment, i kinda feeling fly. dunno about later.

Rick18
11-23-2010, 06:24 PM
I don't really criticize ESPN because they are only gonna talk about what people usually wanna hear. However, as of late their love fest for the Heat is just ridiculous. The Spurs had just finished winning their 11th in a row, which is a pretty cool thing in this sport, but all they could talk about was Wade's bad shooting night. Really? I just shook my head when I saw that.

I don't care if the national media is loving on the Spurs or ignoring them, but to talk about the Heat all the time is just absurd. The Heat haven't done anything this season and they're all ESPN talks about. The other night it was about LeBron leading them with 32pts against some sorry team. The Grizzlies I think. Then the other time it was about Bosh finally scoring over 20pts in their win against the Suns who have no front court. It blows my mind.

Okay. I'm done venting.

As much as it annoys me too, they're just going to talk about whatever the public/casual fans want to hear.

So the conclusion from that is that it's not ESPN with the problem, it's everyone that watches ESPN :D

DPG21920
11-23-2010, 06:31 PM
DD is correct though :lol. If you say something good about the Spurs you are a "boss", if you don't, you are an idiot.

jag
11-23-2010, 06:45 PM

I don't care if the national media is loving on the Spurs or ignoring them, but to talk about the Heat all the time is just absurd.

They talk about the Heat because people want to hear about them, good or bad. I will never understand why people get upset about the media not giving the Spurs "enough" props.

People don't care about the Spurs. I'm ok with that, because I do care about them.

The cowboys are a laughing stock right now and they continue to make the headlines. When it comes to the media, it's not about winning or losing. It's about the names.

DPG21920
11-23-2010, 06:47 PM
Jag, you're a boss.

mystargtr34
11-23-2010, 06:47 PM

Your posting an awful lot on the Spurs forum lately.