PDA

View Full Version : Spurs waived guard/forward Danny Green

ace3g
11-23-2010, 03:16 PM
SpearsNBAYahoo Marc J. Spears
Spurs waived guard/forward Danny Green. Green was signed Nov. 17 and appeared in two games, averaging 3.0 points in 4.5 minutes.

#2!
11-23-2010, 03:17 PM
next.

etbluffer
11-23-2010, 03:17 PM
Maybe they are going after Jerry Stackhouse?

Ross Parrot
11-23-2010, 03:18 PM
Maybe they are going after Jerry Stackhouse?

I hope not. Why did they waive him?

ElNono
11-23-2010, 03:19 PM
Can the Spurs sign Jerrels yet?

Juanobili
Malikkkkkkkk <3

Chomag
Strange, I thought he was actualy comming on nicley for what he was. And Spurs are still without a true back up at the 3.

etbluffer

Why not? A decent perimeter defender, who can shoot long range and will only be in there when needed for certain situations. I say why not!

rayray2k8
11-23-2010, 03:20 PM
Uhh?

etbluffer
Also, he will have playoffs experience. He is the backup 3 they've been looking for since July!

ajballer4
Hmmm interesting. They have to turn around and sign someone again within two weeks. Who's next?

Bruno
Wow, that was quick.

He should have been very bad during practice and/or SPurs ahve find someone intriguing.

I had to look if there isn't a SF that has had a great start of the season in D-League.

Chomag
11-23-2010, 03:21 PM
Also, he will have playoffs experience. He is the backup 3 they've been looking for since July!

You forgot to mention he is a team cancer. Thanks but no thanks.

#2!
11-23-2010, 03:22 PM
Why not? A decent perimeter defender, who can shoot long range and will only be in there when needed for certain situations. I say why not!

Because he's a douchebag with very little game left.

jjktkk
11-23-2010, 03:22 PM
Wow! That didn't take too long. Bruno, whose next to come on down?

BronxCowboy
11-23-2010, 03:25 PM
Maybe a trade in the works? :stirpot:

etbluffer
You forgot to mention he is a team cancer. Thanks but no thanks.

And you guys are NBA GM's? I swear, all of you come on here and post as if you are the next RC Buford. None of you, or myself, know how to build a basketball team. However, it is obvious that Stackhouse would make a good addition to this team. It is not like he is going to be the starting 3 or even the first guy off the bench. He'll play minutes in blow outs and be there incase of injury's.

Ross Parrot
Ime Udoka is a FA. We all remember that one good year he had for the Spurs:lol

Drewlius
11-23-2010, 03:26 PM
Maybe a trade in the works?

Please no.

MaNu4Tres
Expect the Spurs to continue adding temporary fill-in's for the last spot on the roster to stay under the luxury tax. IMO

This last 13th spot on the roster is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things and won't ever play important minutes or an important "centerpiece" role anyway.

Drewlius
And you guys are NBA GM's? I swear, all of you come on here and post as if you are the next RC Buford. None of you, or myself, know how to build a basketball team. However, it is obvious that Stackhouse would make a good addition to this team. It is not like he is going to be the starting 3 or even the first guy off the bench. He'll play minutes in blow outs and be there incase of injury's.

Larry Hughes > Stackhouse

BronxCowboy
11-23-2010, 03:28 PM
However, it is obvious that Stackhouse would make a good addition to this team.

No, it isn't obvious.

etbluffer
Expect the Spurs to continue adding temporary fill-in's for the last spot on the roster to stay under the luxury tax. IMO

This last 13th spot on the roster is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things and won't ever play important minutes or an important "centerpiece" role anyway.

So, what does the luxury tax have to do with it? If that's the case, just leave Green there in that position... something tells me either a small trade or signging is in the works. We should know something by tomorrow's tip off

DieHardSpursFan1537
Wow, that was quick considering they signed Green a couple days ago....

#2!
11-23-2010, 03:30 PM
And you guys are NBA GM's? I swear, all of you come on here and post as if you are the next RC Buford. None of you, or myself, know how to build a basketball team.

So how are you so certain of all this then?

However, it is obvious that Stackhouse would make a good addition to this team. It is not like he is going to be the starting 3 or even the first guy off the bench. He'll play minutes in blow outs and be there incase of injury's.

Chomag
11-23-2010, 03:30 PM

Wait... your saying to Sign Stackhouse but then when people disagree with you yo go the "your not a GM" rout.

Sorry but that's a bit hypocritical my friend. This is called "Spurstalk" we are just normal people speaking our minds. Nothing more, nothing less

Bruno
11-23-2010, 03:31 PM
Alan Anderson and Renaldo Major look intriguing.

buttsR4rebounding
11-23-2010, 03:32 PM
Darn, and I just got his jersey...

MaNu4Tres
11-23-2010, 03:32 PM
Larry Hughes > Stackhouse

There's a reason why Spurs elected to go with Danny Green over Hayes, Hughes or other proven vets.

They rather have insignificant/ temporary pieces to make the NBA roster minimum and cut as much cost as possible as the season moves along. IMO

jimo2305
11-23-2010, 03:34 PM
why'd they even sign him in the first place ?

does it even matter who they sign at this point?

ChumpDumper
11-23-2010, 03:34 PM
Wow, that was quick.

He should have been very bad during practice and/or SPurs ahve find someone intriguing.

I had to look if there isn't a SF that has had a great start of the season in D-League.There are a few I can think of off the top of my head: Alan Anderson, Mo Charlo, Pat Ewing Jr.

Libri
11-23-2010, 03:36 PM
There are a few I can think of off the top of my head: Alan Anderson, Mo Charlo, Pat Ewing Jr.

Defensive or offensive players?

etbluffer
11-23-2010, 03:37 PM
Yes, but I'm simply saying sign the guy based on his experience and decent numbers. All the other poeple on here don't want to sign him because he pushed Manu on a play in the 07 playoffs, and because they think he is a cancer. And, I never even said to sign him to begin with, I'm questioning whether or not the Spurs could be going after him based on the timing of this release and the timing of Stackhouse's release last night.

Chomag
11-23-2010, 03:41 PM
There are a few I can think of off the top of my head: Alan Anderson, Mo Charlo, Pat Ewing Jr.

Of that group Pat ewing Jr. seems to be the most intriguing for a look see. He has shown some good flashes of talent and from what I have seen he does work hard on his defence.

MaNu4Tres
11-23-2010, 03:41 PM
So, what does the luxury tax have to do with it? If that's the case, just leave Green there in that position... something tells me either a small trade or signging is in the works. We should know something by tomorrow's tip off

Green's contract was non-guaranteed, same with Simmons and same with Gee before Nov. 25th.

Expect this trend to continue.

Like I said, it seems cutting costs is the priority.

Seventyniner
11-23-2010, 03:43 PM
Geez, I'd take the minimum and show up to practices/games/etc; cheap for the Spurs and fills that 13th roster spot! I promise I won't complain about playing time!

Bruno
11-23-2010, 03:44 PM
Green's contract was non-guaranteed, same with Simmons and same with Gee before Nov. 25th.

Expect this trend to continue, like I said it seems cutting costs is the priority.

Signing/waiving players for the 13th roster spot don't save money compared to keeping a player for the whole year. It even costs a little more because of the waiver rules.

Spurs are just trying players. When they aren't good enough, they waive them to try new ones. If they find one good enough, they will keep him for the year and if he is very good, he could even play consistent minutes especially with Anderson out.

ChumpDumper
11-23-2010, 03:46 PM
Defensive or offensive players?Anderson is a bit of both with a Gary Neal type foreign basketball pedigree.

Charlo was less of an offensive player last season, but has the kind of jump in production that is noticeable.

Ewing Jr. wouldn't be the kind of perimeter defender the Spurs are apparently looking for; but he's an athletic tweener forward.

Bruno mentioned Major; he might be the best defender out of the bunch and worth another look if his medical problems are behind him. I'd throw out Larry Owens' name as well. He does all the little things that make teams work, but has mixed results when used as a go to guy.

timvp
11-23-2010, 03:46 PM
:lol I wasn't very high on Green but this was pretty damn fast. He looked slow maneuvering around screens ... so that was probably the killing blow for his chances. Defensive stoppers need to be extra long or extra quick. Green was neither.

Wonder who is next. Hopefully it's a prospect with a somewhat high ceiling. Enough of these Greens and Quinns.

(Speaking of Quinn, wonder why he's still on the team.)

Libri
11-23-2010, 03:47 PM
Anderson is a bit of both with a Gary Neal type foreign basketball pedigree.

Charlo was less of an offensive player last season, but has the kind of jump in production that is noticeable.

Ewing Jr. wouldn't be the kind of perimeter defender the Spurs are apparently looking for; but he's an athletic tweener forward.

Bruno mentioned Major; he might be the best defender out of the bunch and worth another look if his medical problems are behind him. I'd throw out Larry Owens' name as well. He does all the little things that make teams work, but has mixed results when used as a go to guy.

Thanks for the insight.

ChumpDumper
11-23-2010, 03:48 PM

Expect this trend to continue.

Like I said, it seems cutting costs is the priority.But if they keep signing guys, it costs pretty much the same as keeping one guy.

SenorSpur
11-23-2010, 03:49 PM

We al know that Stackhouse was once a very prolific scorer, but have you actually seen him play lately? Injuries and age have robbed him of the quickness and the effectiveness of his setup moves. Besides that, he was never a really good defender and he's even worse now.

I understand he still thinks he can play, but it's sad watching guys blow by him. At this point, he and Finley are one in the same - they both have one foot in retirement and the other on a banana peel.

He's definitely not what the Spurs need.

etbluffer
11-23-2010, 03:53 PM
We al know that Stackhouse was once a very prolific scorer, but have you actually seen him play lately? Injuries and age have robbed him of the quickness and the effectiveness of his setup moves. Besides that, he was never a really good defender and he's even worse now.

I understand he still thinks he can play, but it's sad watching guys blow by him. At this point, he and Finley are one in the same - they both have one foot in retirement and the other on a banana peel.

He's definitely not what the Spurs need.

See, but you are looking at it the wrong way. Spurs don't need him to come in and be a prolific scorer or big time defender... He would be a cheap fill for the 13th spot, and would just go into games to spread the floor on last second shots or plays before a half. That, and you could aways use that experience!

TimDunkem
11-23-2010, 03:57 PM
See, but you are looking at it the wrong way. Spurs don't need him to come in and be a prolific scorer or big time defender... He would be a cheap fill for the 13th spot, and would just go into games to spread the floor on last second shots or plays before a half. That, and you could aways use that experience!
He's not a good 3-point shooter and he's barely an average defender. Why settle for that when you could look for someone better? Stackhouse isn't the best player out there you know.

timvp
11-23-2010, 03:59 PM
I like the idea of Alan Anderson. He has some upside yet is experienced enough to hypothetically help right away. It looks like he dominated in his first D-League game so the timing of the Spurs making this move would correspond with the rush to sign Anderson.

If the Spurs want a shooter, Champ Oguchi might be a name they consider.

Leonard Curse
11-23-2010, 04:00 PM
yeah i thought he did a great job but what do i know ?... i mean im such a dumbass i would play tiago splitter and bench bonner, green came in the game and deliverd the goods asap i dont know what pop wants ??
i honestly am thinking he wants everyone to get down on one knee and fear his every word and know what to do out on the floor through osmosis, unless your bonner well you can just shoot your way out of a slump and play ymca defense.

i mean honestly guys tell me what green did so bad during game time ??? pop makes no sense, hopefully he makes me look really stupid and sign someone amazing! maybe matt bonner will get those minutes too haha jk jk guys

timvp
11-23-2010, 04:00 PM
Why is Malik Hairston suddenly on the front of AustinToros.com? :stirpot:

Drewlius
11-23-2010, 04:02 PM
There's a reason why Spurs elected to go with Danny Green over Hayes, Hughes or other proven vets.

They rather have insignificant/ temporary pieces to make the NBA roster minimum and cut as much cost as possible as the season moves along. IMO

So how exactly does this work? Is it a tactic used to stay under the Luxury Tax? If so, how much are they paying these guys to sign/cut them every couple weeks? What is the main benefit of it? Thanks in advance.

ChumpDumper
11-23-2010, 04:03 PM
Paul Harris from Maine looked like Malik Hairston against the Toros last weekend. It will be interesting to see if his rebounding numbers stay that high; his big man teammates are too fat and skinny respectively to be good rebounders at this point.

biziofromdowntown
11-23-2010, 04:04 PM
The Gist!

ChumpDumper
11-23-2010, 04:05 PM
Why is Malik Hairston suddenly on the front of AustinToros.com? :stirpot::lol

Cowbell night (afternoon)? Ugh. Bringing the earplugs.

Agloco
11-23-2010, 04:06 PM

To make room for Erica.

MaNu4Tres
11-23-2010, 04:13 PM
Signing/waiving players for the 13th roster spot don't save money compared to keeping a player for the whole year. It even costs a little more because of the waiver rules.

Spurs are just trying players. When they aren't good enough, they waive them to try new ones. If they find one good enough, they will keep him for the year and if he is very good, he could even play consistent minutes especially with Anderson out.

It does save money if you keep signing and waiving insignificant D-League players to non-guaranteed deals rather than using more money to sign proven vets like Hayes or Hughes.

Texas_Ranger
11-23-2010, 04:15 PM
http://www.basketballwallpapers.tk/images/wallpapers/Michael-Finley.jpg

Chomag
11-23-2010, 04:16 PM
http://www.basketballwallpapers.tk/images/wallpapers/Michael-Finley.jpg

Oh dear God...

ChumpDumper
11-23-2010, 04:16 PM
It does save money if you keep signing and waiving insignificant D-League players to non-guaranteed deals rather than using more money to sign proven vets like Hayes or Hughes.And Simmons?

One would think they would have jobs by now if they were that good. I doubt
I would give with either a guaranteed deal at this point.

ChumpDumper
11-23-2010, 04:19 PM
Trey Gilder was just waived from his Euro team. Hmm.

duncan228
11-23-2010, 04:20 PM
Danny Green waived after less than a week with the Spurs (http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2010/11/23/danny-green-waived-after-less-than-a-week-with-the-spurs/)
by Tim Griffin

...It’s not a surprise that Green was waived, as Gregg Popovich looks for the right fit at the shooting guard and small forward position. But whoever arrives will have a shot at playing time as No. 1 draft pick James Anderson recovers from foot surgery.

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2010/11/23/danny-green-waived-after-less-than-a-week-with-the-spurs/

duncan228
11-23-2010, 04:20 PM
Danny Green waived after less than a week with the Spurs (http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2010/11/23/danny-green-waived-after-less-than-a-week-with-the-spurs/)
by Tim Griffin

...It’s not a surprise that Green was waived, as Gregg Popovich looks for the right fit at the shooting guard and small forward position. But whoever arrives will have a shot at playing time as No. 1 draft pick James Anderson recovers from foot surgery.

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2010/11/23/danny-green-waived-after-less-than-a-week-with-the-spurs/

Chomag
11-23-2010, 04:23 PM
Sign me up Spurs! I'll take the bare minimum and not complain about playing time. I may play for shit, but I could do a good job at keeping Splitter company on the bench at least.

(edit) sorry, kind of a drag day for me.

LeCrab
11-23-2010, 04:25 PM
Trey Gilder was just waived from his Euro team. Hmm.
If he cant make it in euro there is no point on getting him..... we should go after malik....

ChumpDumper
11-23-2010, 04:26 PM
If he cant make it in euro there is no point on getting him..... we should go after malik....Depends on why they waived him. I mention him because the Spurs worked him out before training camp.

Bruno
11-23-2010, 04:27 PM
It does save money if you keep signing and waiving insignificant D-League players to non-guaranteed deals rather than using more money to sign proven vets like Hayes or Hughes.

Again, no, it doesn't save money.

Hayes or a D-League player both cost about $5K per day against the tax.

Signing and waiving is even a little more expensive than keeping a player for the whole year because when a player is waived his team continue to pay him as long as he hasn't cleared waivers.

Solid D
11-23-2010, 04:28 PM
Pop going Steely Dan. Keep the core and then bring session musicians in and out as the need fits.

etbluffer
11-23-2010, 04:37 PM
Here's the bottom line: If the spurs want to save money, they should have just left Green in that spot. There has to be a motive behind all of this!

xmas1997
11-23-2010, 04:58 PM
So who's the next victim?

Drewlius
11-23-2010, 05:07 PM
Again, no, it doesn't save money.

Hayes or a D-League player both cost about $5K per day against the tax.

Signing and waiving is even a little more expensive than keeping a player for the whole year because when a player is waived his team continue to pay him as long as he hasn't cleared waivers.

Thank you for clarifying, so it isn't solely a money saver as other posters have previously alleged.

GSH
11-23-2010, 05:11 PM
There must be some method to the madness. They had to know that Green was, at most, a project that they were signing to fill out the roster. Could he really have been that much worse than expected?

You would also think that if they have a player in mind to sign from the D-League, they would have just done it, rather than signing Green. Same for anyone like Udoka. If they really wanted to sign someone like that, an extra 10 days wouldn't help the decision-making process that much.

I wonder if there is some 3-team deal out there, and they are just stalling until the details are hopefully worked out? Nah. Things that seem that logical are almost never correct.

Hemotivo
11-23-2010, 05:13 PM
However, it is obvious that Stackhouse would make a good addition to this team.

:downspin:

SenorSpur
11-23-2010, 05:26 PM

I feel what you're saying. All I'm implying is that I have not see anything in Stack, that would indicate to me that he could fill that role. I know he's doing that in Miami now, but what is he actually contributing?

In fact, at the end of last season, Stack was celebrating his decision of taking half the year off, coming in around January to help a team. He later proclaimed that at that 1/2 season pace, he could probably play another couple of years.

To me, he looks like a guy an old, retired pro, playing at the YMCA, who's living off his rep. And I'm going off what I saw from him late last season.

crc21209
11-23-2010, 05:33 PM
Well that was fast...well while Pops at it...sign me up Pop! I'll play for free! :lol

jjktkk
11-23-2010, 05:34 PM
Of that group Pat ewing Jr. seems to be the most intriguing for a look see. He has shown some good flashes of talent and from what I have seen he does work hard on his defence.

Hes also big enough to play some small ball 4, if needed.

mountainballer
11-23-2010, 05:44 PM
jesus. Pop could wait at least one more week till our analysis about how a player will fit become history.

ohmwrecker
11-23-2010, 05:49 PM
Two words: airball three

cd98
11-23-2010, 06:00 PM
Stackhouse is playing for the Heat, no?

Darkwaters
11-23-2010, 06:03 PM
Alan Anderson...now theres a blast from the past. I remember him from the Bobcats a number of years ago. Had some promise but wasn't refined enough...plus it was the Bobcats.

I met him at an Oklahoma City Hornets game. Haha.

mountainballer
11-23-2010, 06:07 PM
hmm. I really can't see why the Spurs didn't at least wait till after the Wolves game, if there wasn't another option in the works.

toki9
11-23-2010, 06:11 PM
Stackhouse is playing for the Heat, no?

I think he was waived in order to sign Dampier. By the way, that can't do much for team chemistry, either, given that most of Heat roster is made up of past-their-prime vets who signed for minimum in order to get a shot at the ring like Stack. I wonder how bitter he must be. I actually think he'd be decent for the Spurs. He'd give the team a nasty edge that they really haven't had since KWill.

Bruno
11-23-2010, 06:22 PM
hmm. I really can't see why the Spurs didn't at least wait till after the Wolves game, if there wasn't another option in the works.

The new player could be signed tomorrow before the Minny game.
That's what Spurs did when they swapped Gee for Green: Gee was waived the 16th and Green was signed the 17th just before the game against Bulls.

Spurs Brazil
11-23-2010, 06:23 PM
JMcDonald_SAEN
Danny Green got waived while I was somewhere over Kansas. You know drill. Spurs have 2 weeks to sign 13th player.

jag
11-23-2010, 06:25 PM
Ime Udoka already knows the system (he sort of learned it) and could be nice to have until Anderson gets back.

xmas1997
11-23-2010, 06:35 PM
Please, no Udoka and no Stack.
Udoka? Been there, done that, didn't work.
Stack? Finley would have been better.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-23-2010, 07:12 PM
WTF is going on here? Mighty strange to sign a guy for two games then drop him.

As for Stackhouse, no. Much better to have some youth developing on the roster than a washed up vet.

ChumpDumper
11-23-2010, 07:13 PM
I don't see whom the Spurs would trade for basically a temporary Anderson stand-in.

TD 21
11-23-2010, 07:21 PM
Cutting Green just six days after signing him is strange. There's no way they got a long enough look at him to determine anything. So the question is, what changed? Did someone become available that they're interested in? Hudson (who's an undersized combo guard) and Stackhouse are the only two players besides Green who have been waived in recent days.

Even though it goes against the youth movement, I'm thinking they might sign Stackhouse. Ultimately, as the schedule becomes more hectic and arduous, this team is going to need another player with size on the wing who can eat up some minutes. It's clear they have enough up front to get Duncan and McDyess their requisite rest and they should have enough at the point to get Parker his requisite rest, but they don't have enough on the wing for Ginobili to get his requisite rest.

I don't really want Stackhouse, but if he could eat up a few minutes against a team like the Magic or more than a few against a team like the Timberwolves, that could be helpful over the long run in terms of keeping Ginobili's minutes down somewhat. Then once Anderson returns, he would be waived.

ChumpDumper
11-23-2010, 07:22 PM
You don't sign Stack to play him then waive him.

Chomag
11-23-2010, 07:22 PM
We might be thinking into this so much, but it is very strange on a financial standpoint which the FO is usually very careful at. I have no idea about what this move means, but it has gotten us all wondering. It could very well be just nothing though.

ChumpDumper
11-23-2010, 07:27 PM
We might be thinking into this so much, but it is very strange on a financial standpoint which the FO is usually very careful at.From a financial standpoint, I guess it either means they want to sign another player immediately or coast for two weeks before signing another player.

TD 21
11-23-2010, 07:35 PM
You don't sign Stack to play him then waive him.

The Heat just did.

This team needs an Anderson replacement in the worst way. The options available via free agency aren't exactly all that appealing. A guy like Hayes may require a guaranteed contract; Stackhouse has already shown he won't.

A trade would require giving up at least one quality asset, which would only create another hole and it would block Anderson once he's healthy. What this team needs is someone to get them through the next two months.

If it's not Stackhouse, then why waive Green so soon? You can pull your usual "he's a scrub", but find me a head and shoulders better one available? At least in his case, his supposed strengths fit the needs of this team at the three position and he should have had at least fairly good knowledge of a lot of the Spurs defensive principals.

Come to think of it, Stackhouse wouldn't even have to be waived. This team has to be at 13 anyway, so he could just become the 12th or 13th man.

ChumpDumper
11-23-2010, 07:40 PM
The Heat just did.They didn't play him.

ChuckD
11-23-2010, 07:45 PM

Because at some point, his contract automatically becomes guaranteed. This way, they sign a player, keep him for two weeks, and then they have two weeks to look for another one. They end up paying one half of a salary slot.

ChuckD
11-23-2010, 07:47 PM
why'd they even sign him in the first place ?

does it even matter who they sign at this point?

It never has. It's spot #13.

ChumpDumper
11-23-2010, 07:51 PM
Because at some point, his contract automatically becomes guaranteed. This way, they sign a player, keep him for two weeks, and then they have two weeks to look for another one. They end up paying one half of a salary slot.They signed Green as soon as Gee cleared waivers.

ChuckD
11-23-2010, 07:51 PM
But if they keep signing guys, it costs pretty much the same as keeping one guy.

Not if you keep him short term, and wait the full allowed 2 weeks in between.

ChumpDumper
11-23-2010, 07:53 PM
Not if you keep him short term, and wait the full allowed 2 weeks in between.If they wait two weeks.

They haven't yet.

ChuckD
11-23-2010, 07:53 PM
They signed Green as soon as Gee cleared waivers.

Right, but they could wait two weeks in between each cut. I'm doubting that waiver fees amount to one half of a minimum salary, which is how much they could potentially save.

Eventually, the time of ten day contracts rolls around too, and those are dirt cheap.

spurastic
11-23-2010, 07:57 PM

Can i quote you on a consistent and regular basis in numerous threads?

ChumpDumper
11-23-2010, 07:57 PM
Right, but they could wait two weeks in between each cut. I'm doubting that waiver fees amount to one half of a minimum salary, which is how much they could potentially save.They already blew that theory by signing three players past their first season as well as not waiting the two weeks you mentioned.

Eventually, the time of ten day contracts rolls around too, and those are dirt cheap.They're prorated just like the unguaranteed deals they are currently signing. 10-days could actually cost more if a team wants to waive the player a couple of days in.

ceperez
11-23-2010, 09:49 PM
seems rushed... what could be the urgency?

My gues os he did 't have the work ethic that the spurs expect.

Spurs likey will have a new signing tomorrow.

ceperez
11-23-2010, 10:17 PM
udoka !?!

xmas1997
11-23-2010, 10:20 PM
No, the Spurs have more sense than to bring back Udoka!

Obstructed_View
11-23-2010, 11:00 PM
But if they keep signing guys, it costs pretty much the same as keeping one guy.

Looking for lightning in a bottle, perhaps? Not really a bad strategy since the team seems to be doing okay at the moment.

ChumpDumper
11-23-2010, 11:01 PM
Looking for lightning in a bottle, perhaps?Perhaps, though I don't connote the word "lightning" with Udoka.

Obstructed_View
11-23-2010, 11:01 PM
Has Hill looked any better at running the point recently? Might really see a CJ signing pretty quick if he hasn't.

Obstructed_View
11-23-2010, 11:02 PM
Perhaps, though I don't connote the word "lightning" with Udoka.

:lol No, definitely not. I was thinking that Udoka isn't the craziest idea because he's a big body that can run the offense a bit, but his feet were in mud when he was here last time. Can't imagine how slow he is now.

GreasyJoe
11-24-2010, 02:18 PM
No, the Spurs have more sense than to bring back Udoka!

So now the tables have turned.:downspin: