PDA

View Full Version : So whats on the Thanksgiving menu?

CosmicCowboy
11-23-2010, 05:25 PM
I'm smoking 2 turkeys, a honey glazed ham, a lamb shoulder, a pork shoulder, and two turkey breast loafs...already made the fresh cranberry dressing and creamed corn...I'll do a pot of beans...naturally we will have cornbread dressing and gravy, sweet potato casserole, a couple other veggies, two salads, pecan and pumpkin pies...

*burp*

oh crap
11-23-2010, 05:27 PM
don't forget the alcohol

DeadlyDynasty
11-23-2010, 05:31 PM
a french bread pizza and a bottle of scotch

koriwhat
11-23-2010, 05:39 PM
seviche + coconut rum cake + guiness gingerbread cake + booze!

Bukefal
11-23-2010, 06:24 PM
I'm smoking 2 turkeys, a honey glazed ham, a lamb shoulder, a pork shoulder, and two turkey breast loafs...already made the fresh cranberry dressing and creamed corn...I'll do a pot of beans...naturally we will have cornbread dressing and gravy, sweet potato casserole, a couple other veggies, two salads, pecan and pumpkin pies...

*burp*

Sounds(reads) delicious! :tu

Duff McCartney
11-23-2010, 06:57 PM

*burp*

If it weren't for the fact that you're a salty old douchebag, we might be friends considering our love of good food!

marini martini
11-23-2010, 07:16 PM
I'll be serving 8 turkeys, 2 fat pork butts, platters full of sarcasm, deep dish drama, bowls of bull shit, pans of pain in the ass and mud slinging pie for desert.

I'll start the morning with bloody Mary's, pace myself with chardonnay in the afternoon, and start swiggin' martinis around 5-ish.:toast:

Happy Thanksgiving ST!!! :D

KapitanTutan
11-23-2010, 08:18 PM
platters full of sarcasm, deep dish drama, bowls of bull shit, pans of pain in the ass and mud slinging pie for desert.

great menu brah :toast

Summers
11-23-2010, 08:20 PM
Good gravy, how many people are y'all feeding?? Sounds good!

Glenn Holland
11-23-2010, 08:28 PM
jingle, jangle

Dr. Gonzo
11-23-2010, 10:16 PM
Gatorade :smokin

-horry

Betsy
11-23-2010, 10:48 PM
I am just hoping to have some pecan pie.
Also happy that i learned to say pecan like a texan cause the way i said it was a can to piss in. :lmao

Betsy
11-23-2010, 10:49 PM
Plus cc i am so jealous that i can not come to eat what you made.

frodo
11-23-2010, 10:57 PM
mono's menu: radish pickle, carrot pickle, mushroom pickle, mustard and vinegar.

lil'mo
11-24-2010, 04:21 AM
If it weren't for the fact that you're a salty old douchebag, we might be friends considering our love of good food!

No one wants to be friends with a thief. No One.

mrsmaalox
11-24-2010, 01:11 PM
I really dislike Thanksgiving. I would be perfectly happy just skipping the whole thing, BUT I have a family so.....:bang

We'll be having dinner at my aunt's house with about 25 relatives. Everyone has a specialty, I make my most excellent pumpkin bisque. This year I am also making a "tamale dressing" just to try to break the monotony of the same old thing. Besides my bisque the only other food I look forward to is my dad's wonderful Waldorf salad, it's divine ;)

Duff McCartney
11-24-2010, 02:45 PM
No one wants to be friends with a thief. No One.

Not true. Jack Abrahamoff had lots of friends. And he probably still does.

BlackSwordsMan
11-24-2010, 03:20 PM
I am just hoping to have some pecan pie.
Also happy that i learned to say pecan like a texan cause the way i said it was a can to piss in. :lmao

Did you used to say it pee-can? instead of pee-con?

marini martini
11-24-2010, 03:26 PM
I really dislike Thanksgiving. I would be perfectly happy just skipping the whole thing, BUT I have a family so.....:bang

We'll be having dinner at my aunt's house with about 25 relatives. Everyone has a specialty, I make my most excellent pumpkin bisque. This year I am also making a "tamale dressing" just to try to break the monotony of the same old thing. Besides my bisque the only other food I look forward to is my dad's wonderful Waldorf salad, it's divine ;)

Soooo??? What's "Peg" doing for Thanksgiving this year???

z0sa
11-24-2010, 03:29 PM
Did you used to say it pee-can? instead of pee-con?

i've heard it said the same as "peakin" too.

i say peh-kahn

TheManFromAcme
11-24-2010, 03:43 PM
Whole new twist this year. Doing a Clambake (or close to it).

Boiling up 10 lobster tails, about 15 lbs of Crawfish, 20 Lbs, Mussels, 10 Lbs.crab legs, 10 lbs. clams and new potatoes in a savory tomato broth.

Buddy of mine and I got the pit out back and this HUUGE stainless tub. Going to serve it on butcher paper plates for family and friends. Plenty of suds to go along with also.

Plymouth was by the sea right? I figure what better way than to eat what more they likey they ate.

The Reckoning
11-24-2010, 03:44 PM
tamales. lots of tamales.

TheManFromAcme
11-24-2010, 03:52 PM
tamales. lots of tamales.

I got some Lipitor if you need some :lol

SpursWoman
11-24-2010, 04:13 PM
Right now I've made 2 pumpkin pies, a pecan pie cheesecake ... and a pear apple cobbler is in the oven.

We're just doing turkeys .... one roasted, one fried. Well, fried in the fancy new oil-less turkey fryer we got as a wedding gift from *someones* very close to my heart. And all of the standard stuff to go with it. :)

TheManFromAcme
11-24-2010, 04:18 PM
Right now I've made 2 pumpkin pies, a pecan pie cheesecake ... and a pear apple cobbler is in the oven.

We're just doing turkeys .... one roasted, one fried. Well, fried in the fancy new oil-less turkey fryer we got as a wedding gift from *someones* very close to my heart. And all of the standard stuff to go with it. :)

Oh my......I bet that's good....Never had it...

Saved By Zero
11-24-2010, 04:32 PM
Turkey club sammiches

PaulGreco
11-24-2010, 05:43 PM
I'll be starting the day off with jumbo shrimp then hitting it up with a rack of lamb, candy yams, roasted brussel sprouts and asparagus, stuffing and then ending the night with pumpkin and apple pie.

Score
--PG

CuckingFunt
11-24-2010, 07:03 PM
I'm doing Thanksgiving solo this year (yeah, I know, poor little me, but too much homework and not enough money made traveling impractical this year), but am still cooking.

Can't live without my annual mashed potato, stuffing, ravioli, and pumpkin pie fest, so I'm making all of the above from scratch. In fact, just finished making cornbread for the stuffing a couple hours ago. For potatoes this year, got a mix of Yukon Golds and sweet potatoes that I'm going to mash together (with butter, cream, salt, pepper, and a tiny bit of nutmeg), which I've never tried before. Hopefully it doesn't suck, but I guess this is the year to try something different, since I won't have to face the wrath of disapproving family members. And instead of getting a full turkey for just me, I'll be roasting a turkey breast. Thanksgiving has always been about the side dishes for me (the main purpose of a turkey, in my mind, is to act as a vessel for stuffing), so I was tempted to skip the meat altogether, but this is being cooked mostly to give me something with which to make real gravy.

Waaaaay more trouble than I was going to go to when I first decided to stay home, but the cooking is fun and the leftovers should be worth it.