PDA

View Full Version : How many teams above .500 have the Lakers defeated this season?

Gutter92
11-23-2010, 08:23 PM
Just curious

Trainwreck2100
11-23-2010, 08:56 PM
3?

tdunk21
11-23-2010, 09:02 PM
they have got the easiest schedule in the league till now ....prolly 2

Gutter92
11-23-2010, 09:05 PM
as of right now, before they face the bulls...

Portland

The Spurs, on the other hand, have defeated 5 iirc.

Lol but the Spurs have had the "cakewalk" schedule :lmao

namlook
11-23-2010, 09:20 PM
What's the point? That the Lakers aren't as good as people think after they have gone back to back?

Gutter92
11-23-2010, 09:31 PM
What's the point? That the Lakers aren't as good as people think after they have gone back to back?

why even play the season? they're gonna win this year, and the next 10 years too i guess...

point is they've only beaten 1 team above .500 ball, and the Laker fans here are talking shit about the spurs having an easy schedule while the Spurs have beaten 5 :lmao

Pelicans78
11-23-2010, 09:33 PM
Why does it matter? They're still the favorites until proven otherwise.

Gutter92
11-23-2010, 09:37 PM

I beg to differ. Being a champion does not make you a favorite automatically...the Celtics are the favorite IMO...if you argue that being a champion makes you the favorite automatically...were the '99 bulls the favorites to win just cause they were champs year before?

Pelicans78
11-23-2010, 09:39 PM
I beg to differ. Being a champion does not make you a favorite automatically...the Celtics are the favorite IMO...if you argue that being a champion makes you the favorite automatically...were the '99 bulls the favorites to win just cause they were champs year before?

Ok thats fine, but if you had a gun to your head, would you really pick the Spurs over the Lakers in a 7 game series?

Gutter92
11-23-2010, 09:44 PM
Ok thats fine, but if you had a gun to your head, would you really pick the Spurs over the Lakers in a 7 game series?

With what I've seen at this point in the season, it could honestly go either way imo. Part of being a fan is believing in your team tbh. I'm not going too far either since I'm not saying "Spurs will win" "easily" etc...

namlook
11-23-2010, 09:54 PM

What's funny is the Lakers have apparently never been the favorites the past few years if they are not favorites this year. Most people had the Cavs pegged as favorites the past two seasons. I think if you go back to back and you improved in the off-season you have to be the favorites.

TD 21
11-23-2010, 09:59 PM

Not that I disagree, but why is it that every time they're on top, they're looked at as this unbeatable juggernaut and everyone gives them the utmost respect. Yet every time the Spurs are on top they're looked at as vulnerable and people nitpick them to death?

If the situations were reversed right now and the Lakers were the Spurs, a lot of people would be firmly entrenched on the bandwagon and be proclaiming them the favorites.

Pelicans78
11-23-2010, 10:01 PM
Not that I disagree, but why is it that every time they're on top, they're looked at as this unbeatable juggernaut and everyone gives them the utmost respect. Yet every time the Spurs are on top they're looked at as vulnerable and people nitpick them to death?

If the situations were reversed right now and the Lakers were the Spurs, a lot of people would be firmly entrenched on the bandwagon and be proclaiming them the favorites.

The Spurs have not been on top since 2007. Plus they haven't repeated a championship. I think they're a strong team, but still the Lakers are the favorites right now even though the Spurs have a better record.

Gutter92
11-23-2010, 10:07 PM
The Spurs have not been on top since 2007. Plus they haven't repeated a championship. I think they're a strong team, but still the Lakers are the favorites right now even though the Spurs have a better record.

What does never repeating as champions have to do with being the favorites this year? Nobody is claiming we should be the favorites, but we certainly shouldn't be dismissed..

Giuseppe
11-23-2010, 10:10 PM
What does never repeating as champions have to do with being the favorites this year?

Nothing. But, it remains a stain upon your organization.

21_Blessings
11-23-2010, 10:19 PM
But, it remains a stain upon your organization.

Lack of balls, moxie, toughness, etc.

Gutter92
11-23-2010, 10:22 PM
yet an extension of the organization, spurstalk, (Kori is a fan, this is her site) keeps you guys coming back every day and night

Giuseppe
11-23-2010, 10:27 PM
yet an extension of the organization, spurstalk, (Kori is a fan, this is her site) keeps you guys coming back every day and night

She's a sweetheart. She's definitely a magnet for my steel. I like women who yell at me a lot and make me do things exactly their way. She's my Internet wife in all candor.

& when she dictates a mandate mid-day and signs off tersely with "Thanks." my blood boils up and I'm torn between my Costco-sized bottle of Jergens & shooting a dog in Mesa. It just drives me absolutely to distraction.

DPG21920
11-23-2010, 10:28 PM
The goes cull, gettin' his Parker on.

LkrFan
11-23-2010, 10:38 PM
Historically, the defending NBA champions have the hardest schedule the following year. Conversely, the team with the worst schedule the previous year has the easiest (plus they get a lottery pick in the draft). The Lakers schedule is no different from any previous schedule of a defending champion. It will all balance out in the end. All teams play 41 home games and 41 roadies.

Giuseppe
11-23-2010, 10:41 PM
Historically, the defending NBA champions have the hardest schedule the following year. Conversely, the team with the worst schedule the previous year has the easiest (plus they get a lottery pick in the draft). The Lakers schedule is no different from any previous schedule of a defending champion. It will all balance out in the end. All teams play 41 home games and 41 roadies.

The rub is: by the time it "all balances out" we've feathered our nest and built up such a lead that we're uncatcheable.

BRHornet45
11-23-2010, 11:26 PM
son I don't think they even play an above .500 team until like March and then they are all home games.

#2!
11-24-2010, 12:51 AM
& when she dictates a mandate mid-day and signs off tersely with "Thanks." my blood boils up and I'm torn between my Costco-sized bottle of Jergens & shooting a dog in Mesa. It just drives me absolutely to distraction.

:rollin:lmao

Darrin
11-24-2010, 12:53 AM
They don't make the schedule. Would it be better if they had only played 3 quality teams, but had an 8-6 record? I think the Lakers are beyond looking at the schedule. Do this with the Hornets? Sure. They came out of nowhere. But we're talking about the 3-time Conference Champion, 2-time Defending Champion Los Angeles Lakers with significant upgrades of Matt Barnes and Steve Blake.

Trainwreck2100
11-24-2010, 12:57 AM
They don't make the schedule. Would it be better if they had only played 3 quality teams, but had an 8-6 record? I think the Lakers are beyond looking at the schedule. Do this with the Hornets? Sure. They came out of nowhere. But we're talking about the 3-time Conference Champion, 2-time Defending Champion Los Angeles Lakers with significant upgrades of Matt Barnes and Steve Blake.

yes they are a huge improvement and laker fans love all things associated with the vas differens of the lakers lineup

cobbler
11-24-2010, 01:17 AM
same exact talk as last year...

How did that turn out?

Danny.Zhu
11-24-2010, 01:23 AM
Being a champion does not make you a favorite automatically...

They are not just a champion. They have 2 champions in a row.

Venti Quattro
11-24-2010, 02:55 AM
I beg to differ. Being a champion does not make you a favorite automatically...

Yeah, and a newly-created super team is

Gutter92
11-24-2010, 03:01 AM
same exact talk as last year...

How did that turn out?

We should just give them the championship right now I guess...could end up like '03 I guess, when you guys had three-peated then lost tbh...

My point is just because a team won the championship, hell, even a threepeat, does not make you a favorite the following season...

see: '99 Bulls

TheMACHINE
11-24-2010, 03:02 AM
i thought Spurs fans didnt care about the regular season

Venti Quattro
11-24-2010, 03:02 AM
the 99 bulls are an exception here because their lineup got totally decimated after the last run

O.J Mayo
11-24-2010, 04:29 AM
Look at the Laker fag claiming that the lakers play 41 home games.
Seriously

Koolaid_Man
11-24-2010, 06:07 AM
why even play the season? they're gonna win this year, and the next 10 years too i guess...

point is they've only beaten 1 team above .500 ball, and the Laker fans here are talking shit about the spurs having an easy schedule while the Spurs have beaten 5 :lmao

:lol so what you really saying is...the Lakers are the 2x champs but that the Spurs have a better record in Nov of 2010....yeah....ok I think I understand clearly...:lol

Rummpd
11-24-2010, 06:29 AM
The rub is: by the time it "all balances out" we've feathered our nest and built up such a lead that we're uncatcheable.

Lakers in reality like the Clippers play 39 real road games as that Travel in to the Staples Center and sleeping in your own bed, using your own locker etc has to really be exhausiting regardless how they paint the court.

Koolaid_Man
11-24-2010, 06:57 AM
Lakers in reality like the Clippers play 39 real road games as that Travel in to the Staples Center and sleeping in your own bed, using your own locker etc has to really be exhausiting regardless how they paint the court.

you ought to be happy there are even worse shitty teams than yours for us to beat upon...it gives you a chance to pad your record and your stats...basically it allows Timmy to make something of himself and it allows 0 & Forever to take on a new meaning...:lol

buttsR4rebounding
11-24-2010, 08:52 AM

Oh please, of course the Lakers are the favorites right now. They have played the games scheduled. They have won in very convincing fashion as evidenced by the fact that they have the largest winning margin in the league. They have done it without their starting center. While I think it is ridiculous for Laker fans to denegrate the Spurs start it is even more ludicrous to rag on the Lakers at this point.

hobbler
11-24-2010, 09:02 AM
2009 - The redemption
2010 - The reckoning
2011 - The anointing
2012 - The shining

weebo
11-24-2010, 09:45 AM
lol hobbler

TE
11-24-2010, 10:12 AM

cobbler