PDA

View Full Version : To save his legacy, should Tim Duncan retire after this season?

BRHornet45
11-23-2010, 10:51 PM
sons now before I explain, I want you to know this is not meant to be a troll job or a joke. I am being dead serious when asking this question. To save his legacy, should Tim Duncan retire at the end of this season? I have always had a lot of respect for Duncan and the way that he carries himself. There is absolutely no denying the fact that during his first 10 seasons that he was arguably the best power forward in the NBA. It was always generally a toss up between Duncan and Garnett, but Duncan received the nod due to his championships.

With all of that said, you simply cannot look past the fact that somewhere between 2006 and 2008 (29-31 years old) Duncan lost his touch and has fallen off tremendously from being a superstar player. Now of course his numbers are still GOOD, but we are talking superstar status here. Pretty much everyone outside of San Antonio can see this. This isn't about bashing a team, a city, or Duncan himself. This is about watching a former top 2 or 3 NBA player falling from the top faster than Ghazi's wife spreads her legs for Tyson Chandler on a weekly basis. Duncan had an outstanding 10 year run, but I think its safe to say that Tony Parker and Manu have been the heart and soul of those Spurs teams over the last 4 years.

Aside from the financial aspect of the game, Duncan needs to retire at the end of this season to save his legacy from being tarnished. No one can really blame the guy for sticking around simply for the money, but it sure would be a shame to watch this all time great steadily decline and become a laughing stock like Shaq. Duncan has only been able to put up 20 points per game in ONE of the last 6 seasons and he is looking even worse this year struggling to score. His career average however is still at nearly 21 points per game and 11 rebounds per game ... please Duncan hang it up at the end of this season before you ruin your legacy! I don't want to see Duncan continuing to decline and 2 years from now his career numbers tarnished looking like 18ppg and 9rpg!

Giuseppe
11-23-2010, 10:53 PM
Too late.

Gutter92
11-23-2010, 10:54 PM
Too late.

It's been too late since he shot 6-24 in the Finals clincher tbh..

O nah that wasn't him tee hee

Giuseppe
11-23-2010, 10:55 PM
O nah that wasn't him tee hee

Nope, your guy had already been skunked by that time.

Koolaid_Man
11-23-2010, 10:56 PM
I will pay top dollar to see a Blind, Cripple, and Crazy Tim Duncan....repping the River Walk....

Gutter92
11-23-2010, 10:57 PM
I will pay top dollar to see a Blind, Cripple, and Crazy Tim Duncan....repping the River Walk....

start a topic bout it son :lmao

21_Blessings
11-23-2010, 10:58 PM
It's been too late since he shot 6-24 in the Finals clincher tbh..

:rollin http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200506230SAS.html :rollin

21_Blessings
11-23-2010, 10:58 PM
Tony Parker Finals MVP :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

DPG21920
11-23-2010, 10:59 PM
This is a stupid thread. Post stats from those years you call a decline of GTFO.

Gutter92
37% = 25%

BRHornet45
sons I'm being serious about this ... Duncan is only 34 years old and struggles to score more than 15 points a game now. I don't want to see him playing at 35, 36, and 37 years old struggling to put up 10 points.

Gutter92
11-23-2010, 11:00 PM
Tony Parker Finals MVP :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

only 2 Finals MVPs in 7 visits to the Finals :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

3/4 aint bad, that's 75% :toast

21_Blessings
15 boards > 11 boards

5 > 4

Gutter92
15 boards > 11 boards

5 > 4

Horry>both of them

:rollin

BRHornet45
11-23-2010, 11:04 PM
This is a stupid thread. Post stats from those years you call a decline of GTFO.

son like I mentioned above, this isn't about bashing Duncan. I want to see him go out strong and not stick around longer than he should and become a joke. I also said that his numbers are still good (before this season of course). However his numbers over the last 4 years aren't even deserving of top 5 or even top 8 status currently in the NBA. top 10 at best ...

notice how over the last 4 years his numbers have steadily declined in nearly every category.

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/7024/duncanfalloff.jpg

Darrin
Did Patrick Ewing ruin his legacy? Charles Barkley? Hakeem Olajuwon? Michael Jordan?

We remember the highlights. People will remember the MVPs and the Championships. We'll call him the best ever, show highlights of the glasser, his post moves, (and a couple of dunks from the early years). The only thing prolonged years will do is lower his statistics (I bet it's 19.0 ppg, 10.5 rpg by the time he retires).

I reject that from 29-31 he wasn't effective. I think the last two years haven't been great for TD, but he was his usual self before that.

Giuseppe
Duncan is only 34 years old

But, he wasn't born in this country. Record keeping is not a priority in his place of birth.

DPG21920
sons I'm being serious about this ... Duncan is only 34 years old and struggles to score more than 15 points a game now. I don't want to see him playing at 35, 36, and 37 years old struggling to put up 10 points.

:lol So you are all about points? He still scores. He still shoots 50% (not 17%). His per minute stats look very good. He still rebounds and blocks well. He still defends very well.

His numbers "falling" are a result of less minutes and deferring to Manu/TP because that is better for the team. Tim can get his stats when he wants.

DPG21920
11-23-2010, 11:05 PM
No, I don't see a steep decline in those numbers the last four years. At all.

BRHornet45
11-23-2010, 11:06 PM
this season I don't even think Duncan will score 15 points per game or grab 10 rebounds. I'm thinking his numbers at the end of the year will be around this ...

14.5 PPG
8.5 RPG
2.2 APG
1.2 BPG
.480% FG

Gutter92
11-23-2010, 11:08 PM
this season I don't even think Duncan will score 15 points per game or grab 10 rebounds. I'm thinking his numbers at the end of the year will be around this ...

14.5 PPG
8.5 RPG
2.2 APG
1.2 BPG
.480% FG

Make you a deal? If those are his numbers by the end of the year, I will stop posting here. If he scores 15.0 PPG or more, has 9.0 RPG or more...you stop posting here...deal?

21_Blessings
11-23-2010, 11:09 PM
13/9 :lmao Those be Bynum numbers

BRHornet45
11-23-2010, 11:11 PM
Did Patrick Ewing ruin his legacy? Charles Barkley? Hakeem Olajuwon? Michael Jordan?

We remember the highlights. People will remember the MVPs and the Championships. We'll call him the best ever, show highlights of the glasser, his post moves, (and a couple of dunks from the early years). The only thing prolonged years will do is lower his statistics (I bet it's 19.0 ppg, 10.5 rpg by the time he retires).

I reject that from 29-31 he wasn't effective. I think the last two years haven't been great for TD, but he was his usual self before that.

no son at Duncan's current age ...

- at 34 Michael Jordan was too busy putting up 28-30 points per game. He then came back at 38 and 39 years old and put up 21 points per game.

- at 34 Patrick Ewing was putting up 22 points and 10 rebounds

- at 34 Hakeem was putting up 23 and 9

- at 34 Barkley was only slightly better than Duncan. However he was still a better rebounder and was putting up 15 and 11.

At 34 Tim Duncan is struggling to score 13-15 points per game and his rebounding is still solid, but nowhere near what it was in the past.

Giuseppe
11-23-2010, 11:12 PM
BR, getting his red assin' on.:lol

BRHornet45
11-23-2010, 11:14 PM
:lol So you are all about points? He still scores. He still shoots 50% (not 17%). His per minute stats look very good. He still rebounds and blocks well. He still defends very well.

His numbers "falling" are a result of less minutes and deferring to Manu/TP because that is better for the team. Tim can get his stats when he wants.

son points are only part of the game. I clearly posted his entire stat sheet and pointed out that nearly all categories are declining. His points and rebound totals are just the most noticeable.

21_Blessings
11-23-2010, 11:14 PM

- at 34 Michael Jordan was too busy putting up 28-30 points per game. He then came back at 38 and 39 years old and put up 21 points per game.

- at 34 Patrick Ewing was putting up 22 points and 10 rebounds

- at 34 Hakeem was putting up 23 and 9

- at 34 Barkley was only slightly better than Duncan. However he was still a better rebounder and was putting up 15 and 11.

At 34 Tim Duncan is struggling to score 13-15 points per game and his rebounding is still solid, but nowhere near what it was in the past.

this is a good post

also i can just point out Kobe was putting up 27/5/5 and winning finals mvp in year 14? is this relevant at all

DPG21920
11-23-2010, 11:16 PM
No, they aren't. His rebounding and scoring over the past 4 years have been very, very good.

Gutter92
11-23-2010, 11:18 PM

- at 34 Patrick Ewing was putting up 22 points and 10 rebounds (5 more shots a night)

- at 34 Hakeem was putting up 23 and 9 (shooting 7 more shots a night)

Everyone except Barkley on that list shot over 5 more shots a night than Duncan did...nice try :toast

BRHornet45
11-23-2010, 11:23 PM
No, they aren't. His rebounding and scoring over the past 4 years have been very, very good.

son that has absolutely nothing to do with this thread however. I never once said that Duncan's numbers are bad. I in fact said THEY ARE GOOD, BUT ... they are far, far from being superstar / future hall of famer numbers. Look at virtually every other hall of fame player mentioned (4 or 5 are listed on the previous page) and you will see that NONE of them fell off as quickly as Duncan has. you realize that Duncan is only 34 this season and probably won't even put up 15 and 10??? I mean really?

BRHornet45
11-23-2010, 11:25 PM
Everyone except Barkley on that list shot over 5 more shots a night than Duncan did...nice try :toast

LMAO at the denial!!!

son so you're telling me that IF Duncan would get 5 more shot opportunities then he could drop 20 and 10 no problem? .... lol ignorance is bliss

Jacob1983
11-23-2010, 11:28 PM
What happens to this thread when the Spurs and Duncan win another championship?

DPG21920
11-23-2010, 11:29 PM
BR, I know you are trolling, I was just playing the part of grey Spurs fan. Keep on my brotha from anotha motha.

BRHornet45
11-23-2010, 11:30 PM

son that team is impressive without a doubt. The leadership that Ginobli and Parker have shown deserves respect and props. However they won't win it. It will be a toss up between the Lakers, Hornets, Magic, and Celtics.

Giuseppe
11-23-2010, 11:34 PM

You'll be static at O & Forever.

Cane
11-23-2010, 11:35 PM
LMAO at the denial!!!

son so you're telling me that IF Duncan would get 5 more shot opportunities then he could drop 20 and 10 no problem? .... lol ignorance is bliss

If he played the same amount of mins as the other old geezers like Dirk, Kobe, and KG he'd be putting up 20/10-ish stats. No need though since the Spurs are destroying the competition without really playing anyone heavy mins.

Pretty weak trolling attempt but I like that you used a screencap to spice it up.

Gutter92
11-23-2010, 11:40 PM
LMAO at the denial!!!

Well let's see...going by stats, since he's shooting 50%, he'll make half of those 5 shots on average...which will, on average, leave him scoring 18 a night...not counting any free throws he gets with the extra shots...so...no, not 20/10, but 18+ and 10...

again, don't ignore my previous offer...if your stats (14.5/8.5) stand at the end of the season, I stop posting...even if it's less than 14.5/8.5), but if its 15/9 or higher in both of the categories...you stop posting.

BRHornet45
11-23-2010, 11:59 PM
Well let's see...going by stats, since he's shooting 50%, he'll make half of those 5 shots on average...which will, on average, leave him scoring 18 a night...not counting any free throws he gets with the extra shots...so...no, not 20/10, but 18+ and 10...

again, don't ignore my previous offer...if your stats (14.5/8.5) stand at the end of the season, I stop posting...even if it's less than 14.5/8.5), but if its 15/9 or higher in both of the categories...you stop posting.

LMAO spurs fans just get so butthurt over this ... son I like Duncan. I'm not trying to bash him. just pointing out the facts.

BlairForceDejuan
11-24-2010, 12:04 AM
sons now before I explain, I want you to know this is not meant to be a troll job or a joke. I am being dead serious when asking this question. To save his legacy, should Tim Duncan retire at the end of this season? I have always had a lot of respect for Duncan and the way that he carries himself. There is absolutely no denying the fact that during his first 10 seasons that he was arguably the best power forward in the NBA. It was always generally a toss up between Duncan and Garnett, but Duncan received the nod due to his championships.

With all of that said, you simply cannot look past the fact that somewhere between 2006 and 2008 (29-31 years old) Duncan lost his touch and has fallen off tremendously from being a superstar player. Now of course his numbers are still GOOD, but we are talking superstar status here. Pretty much everyone outside of San Antonio can see this. This isn't about bashing a team, a city, or Duncan himself. This is about watching a former top 2 or 3 NBA player falling from the top faster than Ghazi's wife spreads her legs for Tyson Chandler on a weekly basis. Duncan had an outstanding 10 year run, but I think its safe to say that Tony Parker and Manu have been the heart and soul of those Spurs teams over the last 4 years.

Aside from the financial aspect of the game, Duncan needs to retire at the end of this season to save his legacy from being tarnished. No one can really blame the guy for sticking around simply for the money, but it sure would be a shame to watch this all time great steadily decline and become a laughing stock like Shaq. Duncan has only been able to put up 20 points per game in ONE of the last 6 seasons and he is looking even worse this year struggling to score. His career average however is still at nearly 21 points per game and 11 rebounds per game ... please Duncan hang it up at the end of this season before you ruin your legacy! I don't want to see Duncan continuing to decline and 2 years from now his career numbers tarnished looking like 18ppg and 9rpg!

Fck Legacy. He is here to win rings. Until the wheels fall off son.

WGAF about PPG and RPG. :rollin That's for fans of shitty teams with shitty players. Tim Duncan. 4 Banners.

NRHector
11-24-2010, 12:37 AM

Aside from the financial aspect of the game, Duncan needs to retire at the end of this season to save his legacy from being tarnished. No one can really blame the guy for sticking around simply for the money, but it sure would be a shame to watch this all time great steadily decline and become a laughing stock like Shaq. Duncan has only been able to put up 20 points per game in ONE of the last 6 seasons and he is looking even worse this year struggling to score. His career average however is still at nearly 21 points per game and 11 rebounds per game ... please Duncan hang it up at the end of this season before you ruin your legacy! I don't want to see Duncan continuing to decline and 2 years from now his career numbers tarnished looking like 18ppg and 9rpg!He's not scoring a lot of points because the rest of the team is doing it, check the 3 pt stats, but when he needs to score more he'll do it.

ChumpDumper
11-24-2010, 12:47 AM
Duncan's legacy is secure.

BRHornet45
11-24-2010, 12:50 AM
He's not scoring a lot of points because the rest of the team is doing it, check the 3 pt stats, but when he needs to score more he'll do it.

son maybe you're not one of the ones I'm talking about ... but you basically just summed up the reason of this thread for me. whenever King Paul doesn't drop 20pts and 10 assist, Spurs fans are all over it. you see the King doesn't have to score like he did in the last few years for the Hornets to win now... and the tables are turned and you see how it feels to have your messiah Duncan being questioned. just foolishness all the way around both sides.

PM5K
11-24-2010, 12:52 AM
I have the OP on ignore but David didn't tarnish his legacy, he showed he was a terrific team player whose head wasn't too big to take a different role, while still helping his team win.

Darrin
11-24-2010, 12:52 AM
son maybe you're not one of the ones I'm talking about ... but you basically just summed up the reason of this thread for me. whenever King Paul doesn't drop 20pts and 10 assist, Spurs fans are all over it. you see the King doesn't have to score like he did in the last few years for the Hornets to win now... and the tables are turned and you see how it feels to have your messiah Duncan being questioned. just foolishness all the way around both sides.

Paul has yet to prove himself. He's become an All-Star, been mentioned as the best point guard in the game, but he hasn't done anything in the postseason. That's why people are looking at the stats.

DPG21920
11-24-2010, 12:53 AM

Except when Paul passes up shots and defers (aka turns the ball over in the clutch) his team loses to the Clipshow.

BRHornet45
11-24-2010, 12:55 AM
Except when Paul passes up shots and defers (aka turns the ball over in the clutch) his team loses to the Clipshow.

cosigned ... son I simply can't argue ... that shit last night was unacceptable, but in my opinion a complete fluke. its a long season 82 games, he has played damn well in 10 out of 12 so far.

DPG21920
11-24-2010, 12:56 AM
I agree. But Tim gets a pass because he wins titles as the main guy, finals MVP's and league MVPs.

You earn the respect.

BRHornet45
11-24-2010, 12:56 AM
I have the OP on ignore but David didn't tarnish his legacy, he showed he was a terrific team player whose head wasn't too big to take a different role, while still helping his team win.

lol ignore? yep you're obviously white alright

BRHornet45
11-24-2010, 12:57 AM
I agree. But Tim gets a pass because he wins titles as the main guy, finals MVP's and league MVPs.

You earn the respect.

son I can't hate on that either. I personally don't see Tim getting any better, but only time will tell. I just don't want to see him turn into another aging, joke of a big man like Shaq.

DPG21920
11-24-2010, 12:59 AM
He is not supposed to be getting better. No one gets infinitely better. But Tim is so much more productive than Shaq it's not even funny.

Giuseppe
11-24-2010, 01:08 AM
He is. Duncan is better than Daddy. And Deep is correct. It's not funny.

21_Blessings
11-24-2010, 01:10 AM
Is he better than Pau?

Gutter92
11-24-2010, 01:14 AM
LMAO spurs fans just get so butthurt over this ... son I like Duncan. I'm not trying to bash him. just pointing out the facts.

smh at you seeing logic and stats as being butthurt...:wow

No, at this point in time, he is not better than Pau Gasol. It's the truth, as sad as it is to say.

DJB
11-24-2010, 01:18 AM
son that team is impressive without a doubt. The leadership that Ginobli and Parker have shown deserves respect and props. However they won't win it. It will be a toss up between the Lakers, Hornets, Magic, and Celtics.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

DJB
11-24-2010, 01:20 AM
In all seriousness son, his legacy was secured a long time ago. You can quit trying to make the G.O.A.T. look bad. It' just disrespectful to a great player, person and the game of basketball.

BRHornet45
11-24-2010, 01:21 AM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

lol son ... the Hornets own the Spurs this season ... 99-90 was no fluke. The Hornets went into their house and beat the fucking shit out of them ... Sunday you guys come into our house and I can't wait to hear even more excuses when you lose again.

DJB
11-24-2010, 01:23 AM
lol son ... the Hornets own the Spurs this season ... 99-90 was no fluke. The Hornets went into their house and beat the fucking shit out of them ... Sunday you guys come into our house and I can't wait to hear even more excuses when you lose again.

Refresh my memory on how that game went last night, son :toast

BRHornet45
11-24-2010, 01:29 AM
Refresh my memory on how that game went last night, son :toast

lol son ... you as a Spurs fan should know this is an 82 game season. every team is going to lose a few bullshit games here and there. how about you explain to me some more excuses for the Spurs getting absolutely dominated and dick whipped at home by the Hornets a few weeks ago???

j-money24
11-24-2010, 01:42 AM
:rollin http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200506230SAS.html :rollin
:lmao:lmao

Man In Black
11-24-2010, 02:12 AM
When Kareem won that last title at age 41, what happened to the LAL after that? They didn't sniff finals, until they got a decent post player in Vlade Divac. That's a Magic Johnson led team that didn't sniff finals at all! It's true they got their asses kicked by Mike J for his 1st title but reality was...no post player, no rings.
Kareem went for 15 and 6 his last title season and in his last season ever, he went 10 & 5.

Also, it's blatantly obvious except for you peeps who wear blinders, that Tim's team is good enough right now that he doesn't need to dominate the ball like he used to when the team wasn't as good as it is now. You say his numbers are bad? In what context?
NOH's best bigman is David West. His efficiency rating for the season is a really good 19.77. How bad is Tim Duncan's? It's a low for him, 19.46.
True, it ain't where he normally is at, but then again...since the rest of the guys, especially the backcourt have elevated their game, it's more a RE-DISTRIBUTION instead of an indication that Tim's game has lessened.
OPEN YOUR GOT-DAMN EYES.
You think the gap is really big between them? West is ranked 34 and Tim is ranked 37.

So...no....he should play till the wheels fall off because he's done everything any organization could ask of their best player and given them a return 1000-fold WITHOUT bitching about wanting to leave(Hey King Paul, still demanding East Coast?) or getting sent to court for sexual indiscretions.

We'll see just how good the honey bees are, I mean really, you just lost to the Clippers. The CLIPPERS. How's that for ultimate ownage? If you ask a Spurs fans what's it like to lose to them, they'll tell you that 18 straight games is what the Clippers have lost to the Spurs. Okay...that's ultimate ownage.

BRHornet45
11-24-2010, 02:32 AM
Nigga, who the fuck are you??? No one will miss you're bitch ass. Most of your own fan base will be pulling for you to lose. Take that cock out ya mouth and stop pretending like you're important.

oh snap!!!

Man In Black
11-24-2010, 02:34 AM
Nigga, who the fuck are you??? No one will miss you're bitch ass. Most of your own fan base will be pulling for you to lose. Take that cock out ya mouth and stop pretending like you're important.
You ain't black either. And you sure talk a lot about cock. Must be because you love it so much. Your avatar is a white guy, your speech and tone is black, but we all know you're dark brown...you know like shit in the toilet.

Can't you just give us some native language stuff paki?

Man In Black
11-24-2010, 02:36 AM
Besides, NONE OF THOSE LALBANDWAGON BITCHES ever honor a bet. Some peeps from LG still owe me beers and money.

Drachen
11-24-2010, 02:37 AM
I know it is an attempt at a troll job, but I will answer seriously anyway. First, if you are going to compare Duncan to those others, please include MPG, or at least stats/48 mins between games 1-13 for all of them. Additionally, if he needed to do more, he would. Stepping aside for the good of the team when still capable ENHANCED David Robinson's legacy. Duncan is doing the same. Next, he will not ruin his legacy. Case in point: David Robinson retired a champion. Hakeem Olajuwon did his embarrassing stint with TOR before retiring. The perception still stands in many people's minds that HO is better than DR. Why, because people remember the highlights. i.e. people remember HO dominating DR in the 1995 playoffs. They don't really remember the years outside of those two years when Hakeem reached a status that he hadn't been at before or after, they don't remember the enormous load DR had to carry when compared to HO (as in how good the teams surrounding each were), and they especially dont remember the TOR stint.

Man In Black
11-24-2010, 02:41 AM
LL is still dark like shit.

:lmao

BRHornet45
04-27-2011, 10:00 PM
sorry sons, gotta bump this

Big Empty
06-02-2014, 06:23 PM
LOL I think we might get to find out jacob1983

Robz4000
06-02-2014, 06:24 PM
BRHornet45

Arnold Toht
06-02-2014, 06:25 PM
At 5 he'd still be lower than Kobe by all accounts. Never repeated, won one in a 50-game season, and got thru in 07 without facing the Mavericks. He needs 6.

BanditHiro
06-02-2014, 06:38 PM
At 5 he'd still be lower than Kobe by all accounts. Never repeated, won one in a 50-game season, and got thru in 07 without facing the Mavericks. He needs 6.

already getting this excuses lined up lol

Big Empty
06-02-2014, 07:00 PM
LOL all Kobe fans echo the same type of stuff.

dbreiden83080
06-02-2014, 07:08 PM

Never played with Shaq either..

Arnold Toht
06-02-2014, 07:11 PM
Never played with Shaq either..

Won 2 without him, whereas Shaq was one and done.

dbreiden83080
06-02-2014, 07:21 PM
Won 2 without him, whereas Shaq was one and done.

And 3 with him.. Tim had to go up against them both back when Malik Rose was a major contributor..

callo1
06-02-2014, 09:13 PM
son like I mentioned above, this isn't about bashing Duncan. I want to see him go out strong and not stick around longer than he should and become a joke. I also said that his numbers are still good (before this season of course). However his numbers over the last 4 years aren't even deserving of top 5 or even top 8 status currently in the NBA. top 10 at best ...

notice how over the last 4 years his numbers have steadily declined in nearly every category.

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/7024/duncanfalloff.jpg

1. Minutes have come down considerably, but the PER is still very solid.

2. The league is a small mans league now.

Buddy Mignon
06-02-2014, 09:30 PM
And 3 with him.. Tim had to go up against them both back when Malik Rose was a major contributor..

And Robinson was his captain. And Tim fared no better when Kobe had Pau as a sidekick.

spurraider21
06-02-2014, 09:32 PM
To save his legacy, should BRPelican delete his account after this season?

ChumpDumper
06-02-2014, 09:33 PM
So much shit being eaten right now.

Splits
06-02-2014, 10:10 PM

So much stupid in this post, as to be expected from the worst poster ever to be allowed onto these boards.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-YoVYBO1WvHU/UfMC0pUmjXI/AAAAAAAACoM/LGMs5oUQKBs/s1600/1slj61.gif

dbreiden83080
06-03-2014, 05:59 AM
And Robinson was his captain. And Tim fared no better when Kobe had Pau as a sidekick.

Closet Lakers fan.. :lol

ElNono
06-03-2014, 01:06 PM
Too late.

:lmao

Kidd K
06-03-2014, 01:44 PM

Is that a joke? Duncan's already above Kobe with 4. Kobe go 3 as 2nd fiddle and has missed the playoffs plus has a bad rep for being a shitty teammate and a bitch who coasts on D and black holes in the 4th quarter. Not to mention had the luxury of playing in the prime free agent destination of the league so he never had to help or build up teammates. Basically he's the anti-Duncan, and in a bad way.

Duncan with 5 seals Duncan's dominance over Kobe arguments in all facets but scoring. Only blind faggots like you will still be debating for Kobe, trying to claim b2bs mean more than total titles or debasing it to "the ring count is even so it's a wash".

ambchang
06-03-2014, 01:57 PM
the better Duncan gets, the more insane Kobestans' claims become.

Arnold Toht
06-03-2014, 01:59 PM
He ain't better at 4 to 5.

chunticakes
06-03-2014, 06:55 PM
Lose-lose for kobe fans tbh. Duncan wins and it further cements his legacy over Kobe and any other player of the early 2000s. LeBron wins and Kobe becomes an after thought. James becomes the best player of our time behind Jordan.

Kool Bob Love
06-16-2014, 05:10 PM

Lets find out.

Brazil
06-16-2014, 07:41 PM
Well I guess we have the answer

Thread
06-16-2014, 07:52 PM
& what's he going to retire to? He could go on like this another 3-5 years.

Cry Havoc
06-16-2014, 08:36 PM
& what's he going to retire to? He could go on like this another 3-5 years.

Haha its almost like you're cliff jumping ONTO the Spurs.

Thread
06-16-2014, 09:48 PM
Haha its almost like you're cliff jumping ONTO the Spurs.

No. I don't mix my hate with reality. Kobe rings and you guys deny it, grudge it, muddy the waters. I will not do that. If I did, I'd be like you guys.

I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.

midnightpulp
06-16-2014, 09:51 PM
No. I don't mix my hate with reality. Kobe rings and you guys deny it, grudge it, muddy the waters. I will not do that. If I did, I'd be like you guys.

I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.

Props.

We slight Kobe's ringage usually in response to the asterisk talk.

And now the new angle is this "system player" nonsense.

Thread
06-16-2014, 09:53 PM
Props.

We slight Kobe's ringage usually in response to the asterisk talk.

And now the new angle is this "system player" nonsense.

I wish such a [system] for my team. You've nothing to be ashamed of.

ezau
06-16-2014, 10:09 PM
I wish such a [system] for my team. You've nothing to be ashamed of.

Phil won 11 rings using the Triangle Offense system. That's the most successful system in NBA history.

Thread
06-16-2014, 10:14 PM
Phil won 11 rings using the Triangle Offense system. That's the most successful system in NBA history.

It's different than what Pop has done & is striving to do going on. The Triangle was a part time on court system that did not extend off the court. The system that Pop is running is fully comprehensive like a gigantic umbrella. It's admirable that he has fine tuned it to such a pitch. It'll be interesting to see if he can move it now as the team evolves in the backwash of success.

spurraider21
06-16-2014, 10:50 PM
It's different than what Pop has done & is striving to do going on. The Triangle was a part time on court system that did not extend off the court. The system that Pop is running is fully comprehensive like a gigantic umbrella. It's admirable that he has fine tuned it to such a pitch. It'll be interesting to see if he can move it now as the team evolves in the backwash of success.
Kobe without the legendary Triangle...
1997 - Lost in 2nd round to the Jazz
1998 - Swept by Jazz in WCF
1999 - Swept by Duncan in the 2nd round
2005 - Failed to qualify for the postseason
2012 - Lost in the 2nd round to the Thunder
2013 - Barely squeaked into the 8th seed, got injured due to his fatigue, and watched his team get swept by Duncan
2014 - Got hurt again, failed to qualify for the postseason.

Compare that to the seasons with Triangle, where in 11 seasons he made the finals 7 times. system player like no other

Thread
06-16-2014, 10:56 PM
Kobe without the legendary Triangle...
1997 - Lost in 2nd round to the Jazz
1998 - Swept by Jazz in WCF
1999 - Swept by Duncan in the 2nd round
2005 - Failed to qualify for the postseason
2012 - Lost in the 2nd round to the Thunder
2013 - Barely squeaked into the 8th seed, got injured due to his fatigue, and watched his team get swept by Duncan
2014 - Got hurt again, failed to qualify for the postseason.

Compare that to the seasons with Triangle, where in 11 seasons he made the finals 7 times. system player like no other

Christ, your head is still cement.

Sean Cagney
06-16-2014, 10:57 PM
LMFAO at this thread. Glad he didn't retire now.

Thread
06-16-2014, 10:58 PM
LMFAO at this thread. Glad he didn't retire now.

...or, get AIDs.

tee, hee.

spurraider21
06-16-2014, 10:59 PM
Christ, your head is still cement.
you can dish the system card, but you can't take it

IrisHockey
06-16-2014, 10:59 PM
...or, get AIDs.

tee, hee.

lol

Thread
06-17-2014, 12:19 AM
you can dish the system card, but you can't take it

Because you're wrong. Our system was dynamic and not all encompassing, it did not extend past the playing surface. Your System is a "cradle to grave" type System and meant to be static, not dynamic. Don't you have a lick of fucking sense?

spurraider21
06-17-2014, 02:50 AM
Because you're wrong. Our system was dynamic and not all encompassing, it did not extend past the playing surface. Your System is a "cradle to grave" type System and meant to be static, not dynamic. Don't you have a lick of fucking sense?
I sincerely doubt you believe the words coming off your keyboard Cub. Quit making excuses.

100%duncan
06-17-2014, 03:34 AM
...or, get AIDs.

tee, hee.
:lol

scanry
06-17-2014, 04:09 AM
Hell a lot of coaches failed implementing the triangle cause they didn't have an elite SG for it to work. And having Shaq didn't hurt either.

Pop on the other has pulled out something special over the past three years. The ball movement is exquisite and i actually thought that OKC & Miami could trap and slow the movement. They tried for a quarter or two and they were gassed later in the game. OKC did better cause they were much younger than Miami.