PDA

View Full Version : Nash > Parker

Brodels
05-24-2005, 11:25 PM
I know the Spurs won both games in Phoenix. And I know that Parker has played really well. He deserves serious props for getting the job done.

But Nash is just plain sick on the offensive end. I sometimes dream of what he would look like on the Spurs. They wouldn't run nearly as much as the Suns do, but the Spurs could get easy looks at the basket just about every single time down the floor. He gets opportunities for his teammates better than anyone else in the league.

I'm very happy with Parker and I want him to remain a Spur, but Nash is showing why he was the MVP. The Suns lost two games because the Spurs are simply the better team. But Nash did just about everything you could ask for. I'm not a big fan of his, but he's been great in the playoffs.

For now, Nash > Parker.

nkdlunch
05-24-2005, 11:25 PM
Duh

scott
05-24-2005, 11:26 PM
But Nash did just about everything you could ask for.

Well, except play defense.

SPARKY
Unfortunately for Nash there are two ends of the court.

Aggie Hoopsfan
I hear the sky is blue too.

boutons
double damn duh. Brodels, normally you bring good takes, not obvious banalities.

ShoogarBear
05-24-2005, 11:27 PM
Nash would be horrible on the Spurs. Duncan would foul out every game by the third quarter because of drives by the opponents' point guard down the lane.

Dre_7
05-24-2005, 11:27 PM
I hear the sky is blue too.

NO WAY AHF!!! Are you serious?!?!?!??!?! :lmao
As much as I disagree w/ AHF, he is hillarious!

I agree, Nash > Parker, but Parkers D > Nashes D!!!!

E20
05-24-2005, 11:28 PM
Well with Nash, he has Amare to feed for easy assists. And last time I checked him and Amare were the only ones doing the scoring while the Spurs have evenly distrubuted scorers everywhere and everybody's touches are roughly the same. I'm not saying Parker > Nash but, they're other factors in it aswell.

atlfan25
nash>parker
thank you captain obvious

nkdlunch
NO WAY AHF!!! Are you serious?!?!?!??!?! :lmao
For as much as I disagree w/ AHF, he is hillarious!

I agree, Nash > Parker, but Parkers D > Nashes D!!!!

Nashes D < Little Bowow D

Timoha
05-24-2005, 11:29 PM
I don't think that at this point anybody wil argue with that. Nash is > then Parker. But Parker has been contributing some really nice games. We usually tend to win when he scores over 20. Hedoesn't need to be > Nash. Besides, Parker's defense is ebtter. :)

SequSpur
05-24-2005, 11:30 PM
Parker's Spurs > Nash's Suns.

Scoreboard.

STFU.

SouthernFried
05-24-2005, 11:30 PM
I wouldnt take Nash over Parker...and Parker barely makes it into the top 5 point guards.

You simply cannot win without playing Defense. Nash has fantastic numbers on the offensive end...but, that is only half of the game.

Nash is not better than Parker for this reason. However, as strange as it sounds...I still think Nash deserved the MVP for totally turning around PHX.

Dre_7
05-24-2005, 11:31 PM
Oh btw, Nash is what 31?

Tony is 23!!!

Where was Nash at age 23????

Spurminator
05-24-2005, 11:31 PM
Nash has done nothing but legitimize his MVP trophy during these Playoffs. He is not the best player in the league, but he is absolutely perfect for the team he is on. it's been a long time since an NBA team has scored with this much ease on such a consistent basis, and he is the catalyst.

Guru of Nothing
05-24-2005, 11:32 PM
Can I "blog" this thread?

Nikos
05-24-2005, 11:33 PM
Nash has been amazing. Parker has been very good. Nash is obviously the better player this season. But Parker on his best days can get the best of Nash. Let's hope Parker sticks it to him again in Game 3 (being aggressive and scoring, not neccesarily shutting him down, but competing).

Brodels
Nash is not better than Parker for this reason

You rip on me for being captain obvious, but this is the reason why I bring it up. Believe it or not, there are still some who feel that Nash isn't better than Parker.

I don't think that at this point anybody wil argue with that. Nash is > then Parker.

Unfortunately, that's not true, and that's why I started the thread.

Nash doesn't always play great D and his team is inferior, but he's been fun to watch. He makes things happen. If nothing else, he deserves some props.

MaNuMaNiAc
I wouldnt take Nash over Parker...and Parker barely makes it into the top 5 point guards.

You simply cannot win without playing Defense. Nash has fantastic numbers on the offensive end...but, that is only half of the game.

Nash is not better than Parker for this reason. However, as strange as it sounds...I still think Nash deserved the MVP for totally turning around PHX.
WOW, what a great way to contradict yourself. We are talking point guards, and as far as point guards go, you can't do much better than Nash. The lack of defense aspect of his game wiould be countered by the ease with which Duncan and Manu would get to rim. I agree with Brodels, Parker has been awesome this series, but Nash has been damn near perfection.

WalterBenitez
05-24-2005, 11:34 PM
I know the Spurs won both games in Phoenix. And I know that Parker has played really well. He deserves serious props for getting the job done.

But Nash is just plain sick on the offensive end. I sometimes dream of what he would look like on the Spurs. They wouldn't run nearly as much as the Suns do, but the Spurs could get easy looks at the basket just about every single time down the floor. He gets opportunities for his teammates better than anyone else in the league.

I'm very happy with Parker and I want him to remain a Spur, but Nash is showing why he was the MVP. The Suns lost two games because the Spurs are simply the better team. But Nash did just about everything you could ask for. I'm not a big fan of his, but he's been great in the playoffs.

For now, Nash > Parker.

Well, perhaps you are right, but ... Tony is in our side!!! :king

Brodels
05-24-2005, 11:35 PM

Tony isn't exactly a great defender, either. He's making great strides, but he's not one of the better defensive point guards in the league.

Brodels
05-24-2005, 11:36 PM
Oh btw, Nash is what 31?

Tony is 23!!!

Where was Nash at age 23????

He sucked. But the point is that Nash is better right now.

milkyway21
as long as Tony Parker keeps winning 10pts or 30, it's always be TONY >NASH, just like in 2003.

it's the W that counts, not just the pts or assts.

http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/PNA1122052423_lower.jpg
ok,Tony come to Papa Duncan:lol

Duncan just a 90% healthy is clearly the series MVP.

Brodels
Well, perhaps you are right, but ... Tony is in our side!!! :king

And make no mistake about it: I'm very glad about that. He deserves many props.

MadDog73
05-24-2005, 11:37 PM
Some points: On one hand, Nash has made NBA history by being the first player to score over 25 in 5 consecutive playoff games. Not even MJ or Shaq has done that. And he's also avg 12 assists. The guy is amazing.

But, at the same time, Dallas actually won more games this year with a rookie PG than with Nash last year.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-24-2005, 11:39 PM
Nash has made NBA history by being the first player to score over 25 in 5 consecutive playoff games.

He should get an asterick, 3 of those were against _allas. :lol

Brodels
05-24-2005, 11:39 PM
as long as Tony Parker keeps winning 10pts or 30, it's always be TONY >NASH, just like in 2003.

it's the W that counts, not just the pts or assts.

http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/PNA1122052423_lower.jpg
ok,Tony come to Papa Duncan:lol

Duncan just a 90% healthy is clearly the series MVP.

Incorrect.

If you really believe that, then you must be willing to admit that Nazr > Stoudamire. Or that Bowen > Allen.

Teams play to win, and wins matter most. But just because a team wins doesn't make each individual player great. Switch Parker with Nash in this series and the Spurs are still up 2-0.

Unless you really feel that a switch of the two players would lead to a Suns lead of 2-0 and that Nazr > Amare, your point makes no sense.

ShoogarBear
05-24-2005, 11:40 PM
Some points: On one hand, Nash has made NBA history by being the first player to score over 25 in 5 consecutive playoff games. Not even MJ or Shaq has done that.
BZZZZZZT!!! I guarantee you that Shaq, MJ, Wilt, and a few other have done that.

And he's also avg 12 assists.
THAT was the record he set. Consecutive games with 25+ points and 10+ assists. A made-up record, but a record nonetheless.

Extra Stout
05-24-2005, 11:59 PM
it's been a long time since an NBA team has scored with this much ease on such a consistent basis, and he is the catalyst.Indeed. For both teams. :lol

maxpower
05-25-2005, 12:00 AM
Nash may be better than Parker ....................this year...but over their battles..I beg to differ. Parker has always had Nash's lunch. If you are so adamant about getting on nash's nuts...then have at it. Nash by this year is a one trick pony. Plus his defense and age are more than a hinderance.

As a great clerk once said.

Thank you. Come again.

Spurminator
05-25-2005, 12:03 AM
The thing about Nash's defense is that he could be the best defensive Point Guard in the history of the game, and it still wouldn't matter as long as no one can guard the post. The PG position is rarely a factor on defense.

milkyway21
05-25-2005, 12:34 AM
Incorrect.

If you really believe that, then you must be willing to admit that Nazr > Stoudamire. Or that Bowen > Allen.

Teams play to win, and wins matter most. But just because a team wins doesn't make each individual player great. Switch Parker with Nash in this series and the Spurs are still up 2-0.

Unless you really feel that a switch of the two players would lead to a Suns lead of 2-0 and that Nazr > Amare, your point makes no sense....i don't care about the how many pts or assts Nash gets...all i care is the W. Period!

2-1 Spurs, season games.
2-0 Spurs, halfway WC finals.

Parker better defense.

Parker>>>>Nash

SpursChampsIII
05-25-2005, 12:39 AM
Brodels = stupid ass post

timvp
05-25-2005, 12:53 AM
Comparing Tony to Nash is unfair for a lot of reasons. First being that Nash doesn't have Tim Duncan and still won the MVP. I'm still not convinced he deserved it but he was no doubt a top five player in the NBA this season. And really, no point guard compares to him.

But for Tony, he has the ball like 25% of the time. Nash has the ball like 80% of the time. Tony is asked to score whenever he can. There really isn't any reason for him to pass once he is in the lane because he's usually open ... thus his assist numbers will be done.

The bottomline is when both players are playing at their best, Nash is Petyon Manning to Parker's Tom Brady. Manning is the better player but Parker is a vital part of a winning machine.

:hat

boutons
05-25-2005, 01:15 AM
"3-1 Spurs, season games."

they only played 3 games, SBC W, PHX W, PHX L

MI21
05-25-2005, 03:00 AM
Brodels, you say Parker isn't one of the better defensive PG's.

Care to name 10 starting PG's better than him defensively? They might be out there, but without thinking deeply about it, I doubt it.

xapatan2
05-25-2005, 04:07 AM
Yes, Nash is far better than Parker to run the offense.
but Parker is among the best point guards on defense... and yesterday match is a clear proof for that...

Nash stats in the third and fourth quarter : 4/12
and Parker had a major impact on this... His defense was a crucial point when the game was at stake...

Today yes, Nash > Parker, but just as said Timvp, i think it is a bit unfair not to say for example :

the game of parker is just as good to make sure that Nash, wether if he is the best point guard, can not have the impact to make the suns win...

Yes he is better, but not enough to create a difference that would have an impact on the game...
Xap'

ZStomp
05-25-2005, 04:11 AM
For now, Nash > Parker.

THE HELL YOU SAY?!?!?

stéphane
05-25-2005, 04:22 AM
here's a quote from TP's last interview.
it perfectly sums up my opinion.
(self traducted)

They are talking about Tony facing Nash who keeps scoring a lot.

Morally, it's easy to imagine that it must be tough to face a player that miss nothing?

The best weapon in basketball, it's the pic'n roll. It's really hard to defend pnr. Nash runs it perfectly. But I don't give a shit (pretty accurate translation here) at how many points will score Nash. When you know that you play to advance to the NBA Finals, you only think about the team needs and the victory. So it's not too hard to stay focused on the game.

Edit : oops forgot to delete the french part.