PDA

View Full Version : If Shannon 'jordan' Brown were to be on....

TheGreatest23
11-24-2010, 02:51 AM
....a team with Lebron, would he be this good? hmmmmm....

Matter of fact, has Lebron made any of his teammates better?

Venti Quattro
11-24-2010, 02:52 AM
Of course, he assists the ball so much he might even give points to the kids :cry

The Gemini Method
11-24-2010, 02:53 AM
He did it for the kiddddsss man...

Drachen
11-24-2010, 02:54 AM
I went to a spurs/lakers game last year and when he entered and started playing, I remember thinking "damn, this guy is pretty good, who is he?" This year he is just upping his game even more.

TheNextGen
11-24-2010, 02:57 AM
"lebron didn't make me better"
http://www.clevelandleader.com/files/shannon_brown.jpg

Venti Quattro
11-24-2010, 02:59 AM
LOL cornrows

HarlemHeat37
11-24-2010, 03:03 AM
What's the argument here for Kobe making Shannon Brown better?..

TheMACHINE
11-24-2010, 03:04 AM
who brought up Kobe?

HH obsessed :lol

HarlemHeat37
11-24-2010, 03:05 AM
TheGreatest23 has brought this argument up before in regards to Kobe making Brown better, I'm referring to that..I'm just wondering..maybe he did make him better, just curious as to how..

j.dizzle
11-24-2010, 03:07 AM
Shannon has put in a ton of work..All he was known for a season or two ago was jumping high but he has improved on everything. LMAO at him being the throw-in player in the adam morrison trade. Crazy how shit works out for certain players.

TheMACHINE
11-24-2010, 03:09 AM
TheGreatest23 has brought this argument up before in regards to Kobe making Brown better, I'm referring to that..I'm just wondering..maybe he did make him better, just curious as to how..

i dunno what TheGreatest is getting at, but maybe he's reffering to how Lebron "just wants to have fun" while Kobe just wants to win...who knows?...its possible that great work ethic actually rubs off to the other teammates.

hitmanyr2k
11-24-2010, 03:09 AM
Maybe people should give Shannon Brown credit. Perhaps he wanted to make himself better by putting in hard work on his shot over the summer.

hitmanyr2k
11-24-2010, 03:17 AM
Or maybe Kobe's work ethic is rubbing off on him.

Or he already had a work ethic of his own. It's up to Brown to make himself better and take advantage of his chances. It also doesn't hurt that he has a great coaching staff around him.

Quit Hatin'
11-24-2010, 03:22 AM
ariza can thank Kobe too.

TheMACHINE
11-24-2010, 03:22 AM
Or he already had a work ethic of his own. It's up to Brown to make himself better and take advantage of his chances. It also doesn't hurt that he has a great coaching staff around him.

ahhh so credit everyone but the leader of the team. i get it.

Kobe appreciates hard work..thats exactly why he went up to noah and Rose after the game.

j.dizzle
11-24-2010, 03:29 AM
Its the same shit in business..If your're always around successful ppl you will learn a lot of important things & probably have that drive to succeed in life. Kobe is CEO & Shannon is being promoted hahaha.

hitmanyr2k
11-24-2010, 03:35 AM
Are you serious. Who in the fucking are you kidding. Would Pippen be Pippen if he hadn't been pushed by MJ? Ariza was on his way out the league until Kobe gave him his shooting regimen. It's obvious that Shannon benefits from playing alongside greatness. Some guys never get it, but some do, and it's obvious that Shannon is taking advantage of practicing with Kobe.

It's not all about Jordan lol. Pippen got better because he wanted to get better. He wanted to put in the work and rise up. Why didn't anyone else who played with Jordan turn into a star? And would Pippen be Pippen if Phil Jackson didn't take advantage of his PG skills and put him into a position to maximize those talents? If Pippen were on any other team would he have been used as a point forward or just a classic SF like James Worthy? See what I'm getting at? Just because someone plays with a great player doesn't suddenly turn him into gold. That guy has to put in the work himself and WANT to get better. He has to be with a coaching staff that knows how to use his talents and put him in a position to succeed. Hell, if Lebron had a REAL coach on the Cavs all those years instead of Mr. Potato Head he would probably be a better and more skilled player today.

Lamar Odom has been playing with Kobe for years. Why the fuck isn't he any better? Odom had all the tools to be the caliber of Pippen. Why didn't Kobe's "greatness" rub off on him? Because it has nothing to do with Kobe. It's all about Odom and he didn't put in the work or have the ambition to be better. Shannon Brown is putting in the work and it's paying off. It may have to do with Kobe...it might not. Just automatically giving Kobe the credit doesn't mean it's true.

Giuseppe
11-24-2010, 08:22 AM
And to think we turned that idiot Radmo into Shannon Brown.

Zelophehad
11-24-2010, 08:34 AM
Of course, he assists the ball so much he might even give points to the kids :cry

You're normally pretty funny, but that joke was pretty bad imho.

It's not all about Jordan lol. Pippen got better because he wanted to get better. He wanted to put in the work and rise up. Why didn't anyone else who played with Jordan turn into a star? And would Pippen be Pippen if Phil Jackson didn't take advantage of his PG skills and put him into a position to maximize those talents? If Pippen were on any other team would he have been used as a point forward or just a classic SF like James Worthy? See what I'm getting at? Just because someone plays with a great player doesn't suddenly turn him into gold. That guy has to put in the work himself and WANT to get better. He has to be with a coaching staff that knows how to use his talents and put him in a position to succeed. Hell, if Lebron had a REAL coach on the Cavs all those years instead of Mr. Potato Head he would probably be a better and more skilled player today.

Lamar Odom has been playing with Kobe for years. Why the fuck isn't he any better? Odom had all the tools to be the caliber of Pippen. Why didn't Kobe's "greatness" rub off on him? Because it has nothing to do with Kobe. It's all about Odom and he didn't put in the work or have the ambition to be better. Shannon Brown is putting in the work and it's paying off. It may have to do with Kobe...it might not. Just automatically giving Kobe the credit doesn't mean it's true.

Odom never had Pippen's athleticism. As a small forward he never had the burst Pippen had to blow by guys, and as a power forward he doesn't have the jumper to make 4s play him tight enough so that he can drive by them easily. Plus he isn't strong enough to dominate 4 in the post. I will agree that he hasn't gotten much better since joining LAL.

Koolaid_Man
11-24-2010, 08:42 AM

knowing you have to play with Kobe puts pressure on you....:lol and btw that Nigga Wade didn't make Beasley better...or Chalmers...Wade and Bron are failures...Lebuns didn't even have the fucking balls to tell his bitch Mo that he was leaving...and Mo was on his knees for Bron...crying and shit...and threatening to retire...that was some Soap Opera type love right thuurr...:lmao

JamStone
11-24-2010, 11:04 AM
What's the argument here for Kobe making Shannon Brown better?..

I think sometimes people need tangible box score stats to prove any particular player makes his teammates better. The argument generally revolves around assists and field goal attempts. Oh LeBron averages 8 assists a game so he must make his teammates better. Or Kobe is a selfish volume scorer who chucks up shots so he must not make his teammates better.

I think it goes beyond that. It also includes how that player helps his teammates become better players by pushing them in practice, mentoring them on areas of their games they can improve and how, coaching them on the court during the games, giving them insight on how to defend a particular team, player, or play. Stuff like that makes teammates players infinitely better than giving them an easy basket with an assist. Some people have already mentioned how Kobe's maniacal work ethic and ornery disposition to win also pushes teammates to get to his level of trying to get better. I think some of the criticism of LeBron that goes along those lines is that while he's unselfish on the court and is a willing passer, off the court, he wants to be everybody's best friend, wants to go party on Bourbon Street with an opponent, and is worried more about his image and brand than he is reaching his full potential as a basketball player. With all the shit you can talk about Kobe, no one can ever question his desire to win and desire to continue to improve his game. That's something that is lost on a lot of great players in the league today.

Here's an excerpt from that Wojo article about Michael Jackson being Kobe's mentor that touches on how Kobe views this very topic of making teammates better:

"How to truly make players better, what that really means," he said. "It's not just passing to your guys and getting them shots. It's not getting this or that many players into double figures. That's bull[expletive]. That's not how you win championships. You've got to change the culture of your team – that's how you truly make guys better. In a way, you have to help them to get the same DNA that you have, the same focus you have, maybe even close to the same drive. That's how you make guys better.

"I've never understood this stuff, where a star player sits out and a team goes into the tank. Well, they need him because he makes them better. Well, if he's making them better, they should be able to survive without him. That's how you lead your guys. You've got to be able to make guys suffice on their own, without you. If you're there all the time and they take you away, they shouldn't need a respirator.

"Once I understood all that, I looked at things completely different. I took my hands off. I didn't try to control them. I let them make decisions, make their own [expletive]-ups and I was there to try and help them through it."

Sometimes people get too consumed with stats and fail to see what it truly means to make your teammates better as a leader and great player.

Ace
11-24-2010, 11:07 AM

Don't mind him he's a heart broken Cleveland fan who flipped and now is a fan of another guy who also put the dragged in that pathetic city.

nevetslc
11-24-2010, 03:53 PM
Shannon Highlights from last nights game.

CrVqZOOzuBM

Giuseppe
11-24-2010, 04:22 PM
Good lodgement.

Drachen
11-24-2010, 04:35 PM
It is not totally Kobe and not totally Shannon. If we spurs fans can talk about how playing with Tim (or manu, or parker) elevates the level of player X's play, then we have to recognize that playing with Kobe who has a (by all accounts) great work ethic probably influences the development of players. On the other side of the coin, it HAS to be partly Shannon Brown's doing as well because if playing with Kobe was the only influence then Sasha Vujacic would be an all star.