PDA

View Full Version : Suns Boards

Dre_7
05-24-2005, 11:32 PM
I know there were sone links to Suns boards in another thread, but I cant find it, so sorry if this a double post, but doesn anyone have any links????

myhc
05-24-2005, 11:33 PM
http://www.phxsuns.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewforum&f=1

Dre_7
05-24-2005, 11:35 PM
Thanks myhc

myhc
05-24-2005, 11:36 PM
no prob. if you notice on the left side of the page, there are a bunch of links to suns forums.

WalterBenitez
05-24-2005, 11:43 PM
http://www.phxsuns.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewforum&f=1

hehehehe, I'll say hello to them, I'll be back in 5 minutes :lol

ShoogarBear
05-24-2005, 11:44 PM
Be cool.

Kori Ellis
Be cool if you are going over to other team's boards. You guys bitch about trolls here ... so don't be trolls over there.

MaNuMaNiAc
The Spurs must have a little Dorian Gray action going on. I can't ever remember a team being so cold blooded when it mattered most. Two games in a row, they hit back breaking 3's to seal what should've been either team's game. Ice water...how do you beat a team that can do that?

Pardon my French, but gents, we are FUCKED.

CHECK THIS OUT! :lmao

nkdlunch
05-24-2005, 11:45 PM
^ :lol

MaNuMaNiAc
05-24-2005, 11:46 PM
Great...not only do we lose, but my wife's not talking to me. I'm not sure, but I think it might have something to do with me kicking furniture and screaming obscenities with the kids trying to sleep. Women can be so petty sometimes. I mean, COME ON. The Suns LOST. Get your priorities straight, woman.

AND THIS :lmao :lmao

Mr Dio
05-24-2005, 11:47 PM
It is sooooooo funny to hear those guys talk about bringing it back to AZ 2-2.

WalterBenitez
Be cool if you are going over to other team's boards. You guys bitch about trolls here ... so don't be trolls over there.

Sure, but it is good to see another point of view; especially because I think that some part of today's win ...come from some Suns' mistakes.

nkdlunch
oh shit :lol

Phoenix 911 must be blowing up w/domestic violence calls

MaNuMaNiAc
05-24-2005, 11:48 PM
I won't use the Refs as an excuse. Besides Horry throwing himself into the crowd...calls will be calls. Bottom line is the Suns were up 2 with 2:30 Left...Q and Marion made two crucial mistakes on the defensive end down the stretch, and while SA found 3rd and 4th options to Duncan Phoenix had nothing outside of Amare and Nash.

Thats where the game is won or lost my friend..But again we ant going out like this the series will return to the Valley, I have always said SA is the best team in the West. but as long as the Suns r still playing they ALWAYS have a chance.

cya in Game 3 with a healthy Joe.
OR THIS :tu :tu

50 cent
05-24-2005, 11:49 PM
Horry love (http://www.azcentral.com/phorum/read.php?36,352619)
:lmao

WalterBenitez
05-24-2005, 11:56 PM
Mostly of Suns' fan have a good consideration of SA's player, such as "Manu f...g player" or "Tim is the real MVP"

Slomo
05-24-2005, 11:57 PM
Well from what I've seen so far from Suns' fans I'd say the following:

They seem to know a thing or two about basketball and they are a lot classier than some Fans whos teams I shall not mention.

Catharsis
05-24-2005, 11:59 PM
Three things:

One, the Suns had the best road record in the NBA. With Joe Johnson playing, they are a different team. The question is will he be Joe Johnson of old or Joe Johnson who hasn't played in two weeks? Winning two games in San Antonio is possible and a little less than probable...if Joe Johnson plays like he has so far in the playoffs. I'm not going to put money on it, but it's possible.

Second, you have to understand the Phoenix hate for Horry. He's been a Suns killer his whole carrer. First in Houston, then AS a Sun, then as a Laker, and now as a Spur. Phoenix traded for him relatively young in his career asking him to be the star player. He refused, refused to participate in Danny Ainge's system (threw a towel in Ainge's face) and ultimately forced a trade. He preferred being a role player than the go to guy. You may not agree with it, but there's a lot of hate for him in AZ.

Third, 50 Cent, I LOVE your sig. BEAUTIFUL!!

50 cent
05-25-2005, 12:02 AM
You're a classy guy Catharis. I hope you hang around and enjoy more of my sig. We like having good fans of other teams around here. :tu

Catharsis
05-25-2005, 12:05 AM
As a Suns fan, the hardest part about this is I know we won't get this close again. Season's like this are rare, and the Suns won't get the 34-4 jump next season because teams will be gunning for them. Plus there's the situation where Joe Johnson might bolt for FA not because he wants to, but because the Suns may not be able to match any offers since they are about to give a max extension to Stoudemire. It's hard considering they've been an NBA franchise for 35+ seasons and have no championships to show for it. They should have won from 92-95, but failed (once losing to Houston even though they were up 3-1 in the series). Add that we haven't had much of a playoff showing the last 12 years and it takes it's toll.

I've always thought San Antonio was the best team in the NBA, but the Suns won't be this close again I fear. Which makes losing these two games even harder.

So in the meantime, I'm going to focus all of my hate toward Bennett Salvatore. I hope you understand.

50 cent
05-25-2005, 12:07 AM
We hate Bennett too. Feel free to take out your frustrations on him.

Catharsis
05-25-2005, 12:08 AM
We hate Bennett too. Feel free to take out your frustrations on him.

Okay, THE BASTARD CHANGED A BLATANT SHOOTING FOUL FOR STOUDEMIRE AND COST THE SUNS 2 POINTS IN THE 4TH QTR!!!

That felt good.

samikeyp
05-25-2005, 12:11 AM
are you talking about when Amare got the tech?

TDfan2007
05-25-2005, 12:16 AM
Okay, THE BASTARD CHANGED A BLATANT SHOOTING FOUL FOR STOUDEMIRE AND COST THE SUNS 2 POINTS IN THE 4TH QTR!!!

That felt good.

that's true, he screwed you guys over on that one.

TDfan2007
05-25-2005, 12:16 AM
The refs also missed Nash poking at the ball when Horry was trying to inbound it. That should have resulted in a technical.

Catharsis
05-25-2005, 12:19 AM
The refs also missed Nash poking at the ball when Horry was trying to inbound it. That should have resulted in a technical.

While I think it SHOULD result in a tech, I don't think the rules allow for that. Mainly because it's a delay of game. It's really the same as stepping over the line during an imbound, except Horry didn't really have the ball yet.

Catharsis
05-25-2005, 12:21 AM
Am I alone in believing that Bill Walton did too much meth or crack in the 70's?

samikeyp
05-25-2005, 12:21 AM
If it was the second delay of game....it would have been a tech but I think it was the first.

Slomo
05-25-2005, 12:22 AM
Am I alone in believing that Bill Walton did too much meth or crack in the 70's?
NO!!! :lol

samikeyp
05-25-2005, 12:22 AM

no! :)

Catharsis
05-25-2005, 12:26 AM
Good, because I can't figure out what ESPN/ABC see in him. Not only is he Mr. Obvious, but half the time nobody knows what in the hell he's talking about. How did he even have offspring?!?!

TwoHandJam
05-25-2005, 12:31 AM

That felt good.
Agree completely. You guys got totally jobbed on that call. Salvatore is an idiot. What more can one say?

BTW, Walton is all an act and I think he's pretty damn funny. He's the king of hyperbole and some really funny shit comes out of his mouth. In between all the banter though, he'll insert some really insightful nuggets of basketball commentary. I think he's great.

picnroll
05-25-2005, 12:34 AM
As a Suns fan, the hardest part about this is I know we won't get this close again. Season's like this are rare, and the Suns won't get the 34-4 jump next season because teams will be gunning for them. Plus there's the situation where Joe Johnson might bolt for FA not because he wants to, but because the Suns may not be able to match any offers since they are about to give a max extension to Stoudemire. It's hard considering they've been an NBA franchise for 35+ seasons and have no championships to show for it. They should have won from 92-95, but failed (once losing to Houston even though they were up 3-1 in the series). Add that we haven't had much of a playoff showing the last 12 years and it takes it's toll.

I've always thought San Antonio was the best team in the NBA, but the Suns won't be this close again I fear. Which makes losing these two games even harder.

So in the meantime, I'm going to focus all of my hate toward Bennett Salvatore. I hope you understand.
I think you're way underating your team. I think they have a great future. Amare will learn form this season that making an impact on the defensive end is as importatn as making an impact on the offensive end and he's capable of being a very good defensive player. Losing Johnson would be unfortunate, should have not picked up Q and held onto JJ. But if they can somehow land a good true center, a Dalembert type, and D'Antoni learns that D counts too and relying heavily on tranisition play won't do it against the best teams in the playoffs, the Suns will be a true championship contender.

ShoogarBear
05-25-2005, 12:35 AM
Anyone still have the url for that Sonics fan who ran the funny game blog?

Catharsis
05-25-2005, 12:39 AM
I think you're way underating your team. I think they have a great future. Amare will learn form this season that making an impact on the defensive end is as importatn as making an impact on the offensive end and he's capable of being a very good defensive player. Losing Johnson would be unfortunate, should have not picked up Q and held onto JJ. But if they can somehow land a good true center, a Dalembert type, and D'Antoni learns that D counts too and relying heavily on tranisition play won't do it against the best teams in the playoffs, the Suns will be a true championship contender.

The speculation on the Q signing is all in hindsight. He's been an amzing player this year (lead the league in 3pt makes and attempts) and really come up in the clutch with rebounds and defensive stops. The reason he was signed, though, was because nobody really knew what to think about JJ. Last season he looked brilliant at points and lost at others. The Suns could have re-signed him fairly cheap, but didn't want to be stuck with the lost version. Of course JJ took exception and broke out. Hopefully the Players and Owners can come to a new collective bargaining agreement and extend the salary cap while getting rid of the luxury tax. If that happens, the Suns have the flexibility to get both Johnson and Stoudemire signed to new contracts.

But again, it's a long season. Season's like these don't come around very often--and the Suns have never been good and keeping teams together.

Dre_7
05-25-2005, 10:12 PM

That felt good.

Actually the replay, w/ sound, shows that the foul was before the shot. The shot. The tieup, contact, and tech all happened after the whistle! The replay on TV didnt have sound, but if you taped it and played it back, you can hear the whistle blow on the handcheck before all the other stuff.

Dre_7
05-25-2005, 10:14 PM

I know if he touches the ball its a delay of game, but if he made contact with Horry (which I couldnt really tell) is it still a dealay of game? Or a tech?

JW

Catharsis
05-25-2005, 10:17 PM
Actually the replay, w/ sound, shows that the foul was before the shot. The shot. The tieup, contact, and tech all happened after the whistle! The replay on TV didnt have sound, but if you taped it and played it back, you can hear the whistle blow on the handcheck before all the other stuff.

No, I watched the replay on ESPN last night. Stoudemire was extending his right arm to jump over Horry (which is why Horry just grabbed his arms and held them down). It was a shooting foul.

Catharsis
05-25-2005, 10:19 PM
I know if he touches the ball its a delay of game, but if he made contact with Horry (which I couldnt really tell) is it still a dealay of game? Or a tech?

JW

I don't know, however, Nash was out of bounds trying to come in bounds. If he was in bounds going out of bounds to touch Horry that would have been different.

On the other hand, we see players touch a player on the inbound pass to intentionally draw a delay of game all the time. This is good if you as the defender want to see the offensive set and catch any screens, etc. They don't call a tech for that, just a delay of game.

Dre_7
05-25-2005, 10:20 PM
If you go by what the relay looked like then yes it was a shooting foul, but the whistle was blown before he went up for the shot, as he was trying to dribble past Horry. Thats when the foul was. All the other stuff happened after the foul. You gotta LISTEN to the play to hear when the whistle was blown.

BTW, what a vetren move by Horry to "draw" the tech!!

Catharsis
05-25-2005, 10:25 PM
I hear what you're saying, but in today's NBA, even that's considered continuation.

HORRY IS A BASTARD! Don't get me started on him.

Kori Ellis
05-25-2005, 10:29 PM
While I think it SHOULD result in a tech, I don't think the rules allow for that. Mainly because it's a delay of game. It's really the same as stepping over the line during an imbound, except Horry didn't really have the ball yet.

It was originally called a delay of game -- which I thought at the time would have resulted in a tech because it was in the last two minutes of the fourth quarter -- and delay of games in that circumstance result in a tech whether it's the second one of the game or not.

But today I looked in the rule book and that last two minute rule only applies on certain delay of game calls.

Section II--Delay-of-Game
a. A delay-of-game shall be called for:
(1) Preventing the ball from being promptly put into play.
(2) Interfering with the ball after a successful field goal.
(3) Failing to immediately pass the ball to the nearest official when a per-sonal foul or violation is assessed.
(4) Touching the ball before the throw-in has been released.
(5) A defender crossing the boundary line prior to the ball being released on a throw-in.
(6) A team preventing play from commencing at any time.
(7) Any player, coach or trainer interfering with a ball which has crossed the boundary line (Rule 8--Section II--f).
PENALTY: The first offense is a warning. A technical foul shall be assessed with each successive offense and charged to the team. An announcement will be made by the public address announcer. The 24-second clock shall remain the same or reset to 14, whichever is greater, if the violation is assessed against the defensive team. The offensive team shall be awarded a new 8 seconds to advance the ball if it is in the backcourt. If repeated acts become a travesty, the head coach shall be noti-fied that he is being held responsible.
EXCEPTION (5): In the last two minutes of the fourth period and/or any over-time period, a technical foul will be assessed if the defender crosses or breaks the plane of the boundary line prior to the ball being released on a throw-in.

Catharsis
05-25-2005, 10:35 PM
EXCEPTION (5): In the last two minutes of the fourth period and/or any over-time period, a technical foul will be assessed if the defender crosses or breaks the plane of the boundary line prior to the ball being released on a throw-in.

And that's the difference. Nash was already out of bounds trying to get back in bounds when he makes contact.

Kori Ellis
05-25-2005, 10:39 PM
And that's the difference. Nash was already out of bounds trying to get back in bounds when he makes contact.

I know; that's what I'm saying.

My post was to explain that there shouldn't have been a tech (even though at first I too thought there should have been).

Catharsis
05-25-2005, 10:40 PM
I know; that's what I'm saying.

My post was to explain that there shouldn't have been a tech (even though at first I too thought there should have been).

Yeah, I got that...um, just backing you up. :)

Kori Ellis
05-25-2005, 10:41 PM
:)

But I was screaming, along with the Spurs players, for the tech at the time.

Catharsis
05-25-2005, 10:43 PM
:)

But I was screaming, along with the Spurs players, for the tech at the time.

And I'm glad you were wrong. :elephant

Don't know what the elephant means, but thought it was appropriate.

IceColdBrewski
05-25-2005, 11:29 PM

Yep. I've got the game Tivo'd and studied the replay many times. The original whistle comes ON THE FLOOR as Amare is trying to go around Horry. Horry reaches in as Amare tries to go around and the whistle blows. Amare takes two more steps after the whistle and then goes up for a shot. He wasn't in the act of shooting. Find someone with the game tape and see for yourself.

It was NOT a shooting foul.

SirChaz
05-26-2005, 12:41 AM
Yep. I've got the game Tivo'd and studied the replay many times. The original whistle comes ON THE FLOOR as Amare is trying to go around Horry. Horry reaches in as Amare tries to go around and the whistle blows. Amare takes two more steps after the whistle and then goes up for a shot. He wasn't in the act of shooting. Find someone with the game tape and see for yourself.

It was NOT a shooting foul.

No it was not a shooting foul. But it was BS for Horry to foul him again after the whistle then flop for a tech on Stoudemire. How does Horry always get away with that crap in the playoffs? Don't these guys watch NBA games for a living?

Total BS basketball or savy veteran move, same thing from two sides. Take your pick.

Dre_7
05-26-2005, 04:51 AM
No it was not a shooting foul. But it was BS for Horry to foul him again after the whistle then flop for a tech on Stoudemire. How does Horry always get away with that crap in the playoffs? Don't these guys watch NBA games for a living?

No its not BS, cuz IF they decide to give him continuation (which they shouldnt have, but you never know) Horry doesnt want him to get a 3 point play oppurtunity. Its not BS, it happens ALL the time!!!

And about the "flop" you may call it a flop, I call it a veteren move by a 5 time champion to help his team win the game. You say its BS cuz ur a suns fan, but if it were the other way around, and Amare got the Spurs to get a tech, you would love it like we do!!

Dre_7
05-26-2005, 04:57 AM
How does Horry always get away with that crap in the playoffs? Don't these guys watch NBA games for a living?

When you're a proven playoff performer, you tend to get away w/ more. ie MJ getting away w/ the Offensive foul when he pushed Russell out the way for his game winner. Fair? I dunno, but thats the way it is! Sometimes your on the winning end of a situation like that, sometimes your on the losing end. Ive been on both sides, so I know how you feel. Thats just NBA basketball.

SequSpur
05-26-2005, 08:18 AM

Total BS basketball or savy veteran move, same thing from two sides. Take your pick.

Spurs: 2

Suns: 0

:cry :cry

Jimcs50
05-26-2005, 08:23 AM

That was not a flop by Horry. Amare pushed him, it was a stupid move by a dumbass player who always makes stupid moves. Remember the pushups???

This is why you need to go to college, although he is too dumb for college. He obviously has an IQ of about 87.

It must be frustrating having stupid players on your team, huh?

ShoogarBear
05-26-2005, 08:24 AM
Spurs: 2

Suns: 0

:cry :cry

Must be the playoffs. Sequ is in Super-Homer mode.

Jimcs50
05-26-2005, 08:26 AM
Must be the playoffs. Sequ is in Super-Homer mode.

I thought he quit on the team.

spursfaninla
05-26-2005, 09:57 AM
While I can see the rule does say "break the inbounds line," and Nash didn't break that line because he was already out of bounds, his actions clearly violate the SPIRIT and INTENT of the rule, and I would guess they should/will change the wording of it to prevent teams from doing this very circumvention.

Because CLEARLY he interfered in the same way as a person that would have gotten the tech, except for the legalistic difference of Nash's unusual location; he interfered with the play while being out of bounds without having to cross the out of bounds line.

bigbendbruisebrother
05-26-2005, 10:31 AM
That was not a flop by Horry. Amare pushed him, it was a stupid move by a dumbass player who always makes stupid moves. Remember the pushups???

This is why you need to go to college, although he is too dumb for college. He obviously has an IQ of about 87.

Bingo. Mr. Pushups is K-mart without the defense.

Buy that man a headband.

Useruser666
05-26-2005, 11:09 AM
Wow, there sure are a lot of people on these Suns boards complaining that the Spurs get all the calls and the refs are unfair! :lol

Jimcs50
05-26-2005, 11:13 AM
Wow, there sure are a lot of people on these Suns boards complaining that the Spurs get all the calls and the refs are unfair! :lol

Can you believe that the Spurs have won the last two games that Bennett Salvatore has officiated? That is unbelievable. :wow

samikeyp
05-26-2005, 11:16 AM
sadly if the situation was reversed a lot of Spurs fans would be doing the same thing.

Jimcs50
05-26-2005, 11:20 AM
sadly if the situation was reversed a lot of Spurs fans would be doing the same thing.

yathink?

SirChaz
05-26-2005, 12:01 PM

Young players are stupid and can get smarter but old players just get older.

Learning thier lessons and taking thier lumps.

Basketball players learn stuff in college? Amazing!

Jimcs50
05-26-2005, 12:06 PM

Yes they do...it is called maturity. Not to mention, you do have more time to actually learn bball in college because you have more practices and less games.

MadDog73
05-26-2005, 12:32 PM

did you misspell "their" on purpose?

ladiesman
05-26-2005, 12:45 PM
Well, I have to agree the SUNS fans are polite. They seem to believe that JJ will take them to the promise land. Also, they seem to think that the Spurs got lucky to hit around 70% in both 4th quarters. But A bunch of those were lay-ups. How are they going to prevent the lay-ups? They get rougher on defense, they will foul out. \

Anyway, nice group of people though... 1000% better than those bitches from Denver and Seattle.

Ladiesman

SirChaz
05-26-2005, 01:02 PM
did you misspell "their" on purpose?

No it's a typo.

SirChaz
05-26-2005, 01:03 PM
Yes they do...it is called maturity. Not to mention, you do have more time to actually learn bball in college because you have more practices and less games.

I know, it was tounge in cheek.

TMSKILZ
05-26-2005, 01:09 PM
Sirchaz is a herb!

Amuseddaysleeper
05-28-2005, 10:08 PM
bump

these fans are pissed, but that shouldnt be surprising seeing how gm 3 is goin.

http://www.phxsuns.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=4633&start=50&sid=92331e1e4f0fc0e00f101acc6531870e

Sense
05-28-2005, 10:27 PM
I think people should compare college success to hs success... with...

Tim and KG...

who has more championships?

and dont tell me about kobe, and shaq...

AZLouis
05-28-2005, 10:50 PM
What about Kobe and Moses?