PDA

View Full Version : Phil trolling Miami

21_Blessings
11-24-2010, 02:28 PM
ORLANDO, Fla. -- Magic coach Stan Van Gundy, who again faces former employer Miami on Wednesday night, called Phil Jackson "ignorant" for hypothesizing that the Heat soon could change coaches if the ultra-talented Heat don't shake their sluggish start.

"That record, I think, says a lot about coming together with some real talented guys, and not having a base," the Lakers coach said on "The Waddle & Silvy Show."

Jackson went on to say, "The scenario that sits kind of behind the scene, is that eventually these guys that were recruited -- [Chris] Bosh and [LeBron] James -- by [team president] Pat Riley and Micky Arison, the owner, are going to come in and say, 'We feel you [Riley] can do a better job coaching the team. We came here on the hopes that this would work,' and whatever, I don't know," Jackson said. "That's kind of my take on it, is that eventually if things don't straighten out here soon, it could be the Van Gundy thing all over again."

Jackson's direct analogy to the events that precipitated Van Gundy's departure in Miami during the 2005-06 season particularly irritated the Magic's coach.

"Phil has no idea what the Van Gundy situation was because, even though he coaches in our league, he certainly had no insight or knowledge of that," Van Gundy said Wednesday. "So an analogy he'd make to my situation would be totally useless because he doesn't have any clue what the situation was in that case."

Van Gundy resigned in December 2005 after the Heat went 11-10 through the early stretch of their season. Although he cited personal reasons for resigning, many observers maintain that Van Gundy was forced out by Riley. In the five years since his departure, Van Gundy has insisted repeatedly that the prevailing views of his exit are patently false -- an opinion he reiterated in the wake of Jackson's comments.

"To second-guess another coach and comment on a situation he knows nothing about -- it's inappropriate. And it's also ignorant," Van Gundy said. "I don't mean that commenting on Phil's intelligence. He's obviously a very smart guy. I mean it as ignorant [in that] he doesn't know what that situation was and he doesn't know what the situation is now.

"I don't think, unless their relationship has changed drastically that [Jackson] and Pat talk on a regular basis. So I doubt he would have any information whatsoever on what's going on in Miami."

Asked about Jackson's assessment of the situation in Miami, Spoelstra had a considerably more light-hearted reply.

"My coaching staff was giving me some grief about it, they got a good chuckle out of it," Spoelstra said. "Everybody has had something to say about us, I can't expect that I would be excluded from that. I'm sure people are saying some stuff about me out there, other than him, too."

Heat guard Dwyane Wade was taken aback by Jackson's comments, though he conceded that the 11-time NBA champion has earned a certain license to speak candidly.

"The only thing surprising about it is a coach saying it about another coach," Wade said. "I respect someone else to say it but not another coach. It is unfortunate but I guess Coach Jackson had earned the right to say what he wants so he continues to exercise that right."
:lol

And he made Stan's insecure vag bleed.

From the other week:

Yet when reminded about how much has changed since '95-96 before being asked if a team will ever win 70 games in a season again, Jackson said: "I think this Miami team could."

"They're talented enough to do that," he continued. "They may not be deep enough quite yet or have all their persons in place and teamwork just down, but if they stay together, they have a good chance. They have a very talented team."
:lmao

7 loses in November after tonight

Maverick421
11-24-2010, 02:35 PM
OUCH!:lol

ChrisRichards
11-24-2010, 02:58 PM
Heat can still win 55+ games this season, I don't have an ounce of doubt about that. I have them winning 90% of the games post AS Break.

mavsfan1000
11-24-2010, 03:02 PM
Heat can still win 55+ games this season, I don't have an ounce of doubt about that. I have them winning 90% of the games post AS Break.
Nope. Not going to happen. Keep on dreaming.

poop
11-24-2010, 03:08 PM
they have too many injuries

Giuseppe
11-24-2010, 03:08 PM
Good for Phil. That's for Riley signin' Parker like he did. Tryin' to make a monkee's ass out of us.

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
11-24-2010, 03:21 PM
Phil usually says things for a reason. The only thing I can think of would be he wants Riley to take Spoelstra's place, make the finals, and lose to his Lakers. Why? It's his last chance, he's supposed to be retiring. Phil has 5 coaching rings as Lakers coach, Pat has 4 Lakers rings as a head coach plus one as an assistant. (Forget the one as a Lakers player in 1972, and Heat coach in 2006 if you wish). 6 Lakers titles trumps Showtime's 5. Phil wants 6 Bulls and 6 Lakers titles and he already beat Boston, he wants LeBron, Wade, Bosh, AND Riley. Aside from that, he should keep his thoughts to himself.

alchemist
11-24-2010, 05:06 PM
Jackson went on to say, "The scenario that sits kind of behind the scene, is that eventually these guys that were recruited -- [Chris] Bosh and [LeBron] James -- by [team president] Pat Riley and Micky Arison, the owner, are going to come in and say, 'We feel you [Riley] can do a better job coaching the team. We came here on the hopes that this would work,' and whatever, I don't know," Jackson said.
This is brilliant, Phil destroying the Heat (mentally) before they start.

TheMACHINE
11-24-2010, 05:10 PM
Phil usually says things for a reason. The only thing I can think of would be he wants Riley to take Spoelstra's place, make the finals, and lose to his Lakers. Why? It's his last chance, he's supposed to be retiring. Phil has 5 coaching rings as Lakers coach, Pat has 4 Lakers rings as a head coach plus one as an assistant. (Forget the one as a Lakers player in 1972, and Heat coach in 2006 if you wish). 6 Lakers titles trumps Showtime's 5. Phil wants 6 Bulls and 6 Lakers titles and he already beat Boston, he wants LeBron, Wade, Bosh, AND Riley. Aside from that, he should keep his thoughts to himself.

Nope...he wasnts Riley to coach this team KNOWING that it wont make a difference. Once the Heat organization realizes that even a great coach in Riley cant help this team, it will cause chaos and dismay in Miami.

Darth_Pelican
11-24-2010, 05:16 PM

http://www.abc.net.au/reslib/201010/r663128_4764171.jpg

Koolaid_Man
11-24-2010, 05:42 PM

Phil ain't doing nothing but going out with a bang...He's just getting started..I fully expect him to ratchet up this shit across the board...Let's see what he's said thus far this season...in a nutshell:

" I was waiting on George Karl to call me for advice"
"The Pistons are lazy and quit on their city"
" He doesn't give a shit about coaching the all-star game"
" Spolestra is about to get railroaded like Stan"

Phil is just having some fun on his way out the door. He gonna really fuck Stern after the all-star break....:lol and Kobe and Co...will eat that shit up...I bet it really is a privilege playing for Phil in this his swan season...:rollin

Killakobe81
11-24-2010, 06:01 PM
Phil the jedi master using his control on the weak minded ...and SVG took the bait while the rookie Spo laughed it off.

Phil is an asshole, but he is OUR asshole!

TE
11-24-2010, 06:18 PM
Phil is just playing with the Heat's heads.

LkrFan
11-24-2010, 07:30 PM
Christine Richard Whiskey? Is that you? What's up with the Hype dogg? I haven't seen you around these parts since the Hype pep rally. :depressed

BlairForceDejuan
11-24-2010, 07:35 PM
Jackson is a douchebag. However, he is indeed a Troll Master.

21_Blessings
11-24-2010, 07:36 PM
Jackson is a douchebag.

:pop: Trade Committee :pop:

:rolleyes

LkrFan
11-24-2010, 07:47 PM
:pop: Trade Committee :pop:

:rolleyes
:lol

ducks
11-24-2010, 07:49 PM
phil jackson is a piece of shit

HarlemHeat37
11-24-2010, 07:50 PM
Phil Jackson is always good for some quality quotes..his book was full of quotables and it was very telling and revealing about his star players..

Killakobe81
11-24-2010, 07:54 PM
Phil Jackson is always good for some quality quotes..his book was full of quotables and it was very telling and revealing about his star players..

I see what you did there ... LOL

21_Blessings
11-26-2010, 04:12 PM
Obviously, Stan felt that he had to say something. And, unfortunately, he got defensive about it. I didn't mean to do that. I should apologize, because I do not know that situation. Stan was going home to be with his family and that was his reason for leaving. I have no idea about the rest of it; why he came back out after retiring and being with his family. But that's his decision, and fine. I'm not throwing any aspersions on Spoelstra. He's a very fine young coach. But we've been in this game long enough to know what it's like.

mingus
11-26-2010, 04:35 PM
Phil Jackson is the king of insecure vag. bleeding.

Giuseppe
11-26-2010, 04:53 PM

And Phil also built a swell shoe store in Red Auerbach's worm food ass.

Really, whippin' out that {X Cap} after our 15th was only bested by Bryant (a year later) totin' up the cyphers in the post Game 7 presser...."I don't forget anything."

Giuseppe
11-26-2010, 05:19 PM

:lmao Those cocksuckers had this coming.

Shank
11-26-2010, 06:15 PM
Phil = bump?

namlook
11-26-2010, 08:10 PM

^^^LOL. He's playing everyone.

Phil Sorry For Miami Heat Comments...Kind Of

SALT LAKE CITY -- Los Angeles Lakers coach Phil Jackson offered an apology Friday for his comments made earlier in the week about the Miami Heat and their coaching situation.

Only he just might have mixed in another jab in his next breath.

Orlando Magic coach Stan Van Gundy, who was replaced by Pat Riley on Miami's bench during the 2005-06 season in the same fashion Jackson speculated could befall current Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra, decried Jackson's comments as "inappropriate" and "ignorant."

When the Heat fell to 8-6 this week, Jackson said: "The scenario that sits kind of behind the scene, is that eventually these guys that were recruited -- Bosh and James -- by Pat Riley and Micky Arison, the owner, are going to come in and say, 'We feel you [Riley] can do a better job coaching the team. We came here on the hopes that this would work,' and whatever, I don't know. That's kind of my take on it, is that eventually if things don't straighten out here soon, it could be the Van Gundy thing all over again."

Jackson backed off Friday.

"It was an off-handed remark about if things continue to go poorly for Miami, what might happen," Jackson said after his team's morning shootaround in preparation for the Utah Jazz. "But, obviously Stan felt that he had to say something. Unfortunately he got defensive about it. I didn't mean to do that. I should apologize because I do know about his situation." :lol

That was the apology. Now for the jab.

"Stan was going home to be with his family and that was his reason for leaving," Jackson said. "I have no idea about the rest of it; why he came back out [to a head coaching job] after retiring and being with his family. But, that's his decision and fine." :lol

The 65-year old Hall of Famer sounded more contrite when considering how his comments could have been perceived by Spoelstra.

"I'm not throwing any aspersions on Spoelstra," Jackson said. "He's a very fine young coach."

Ultimately, Jackson stood by his speculation about what could occur if the ultra-talented Heat don't stop their three-game losing streak and turn around their 8-7 record.

"We've been in this game long enough to know what it's like," Jackson said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5852451

Red Hawk #21
11-26-2010, 08:29 PM
lol