PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Fisher

monosylab1k
11-24-2010, 04:02 PM
How good is this guy really?

1 Super Bowl appearance, which is 100% because of a fluke. Let's admit it, if not for the Motor City Miracle, this guy would have lost a playoff game to fucking Wade Phillips :lmao

he never fully believed in Steve McNair, otherwise he would have trusted him to throw it more often, instead of handing it off to Eddie George 30 times a game for 75 yards.

he obviously didn't want Vince Young and tries to bench him every other game, even after Vince Young saved his job last season.

Is this guy a good coach or simply a guy good enough (and lucky enough) to not get fired?

monosylab1k
11-24-2010, 04:08 PM
and before all VY haters go all "lol Vince Young lol suicide lol emo" in this thread, ANSWER THE FUCKING QUESTION TRUTHFULLY.

Dr. Gonzo
11-24-2010, 04:28 PM
lol vy nut huggers

stretch
11-24-2010, 04:30 PM
How good is this guy really?

1 Super Bowl appearance, which is 100% because of a fluke. Let's admit it, if not for the Motor City Miracle, this guy would have lost a playoff game to fucking Wade Phillips :lmao

he never fully believed in Steve McNair, otherwise he would have trusted him to throw it more often, instead of handing it off to Eddie George 30 times a game for 75 yards.

he obviously didn't want Vince Young and tries to bench him every other game, even after Vince Young saved his job last season.
Is this guy a good coach or simply a guy good enough (and lucky enough) to not get fired?

VY saved his job in his rookie season too, after KFC had the team off to an 0-5 start, and nearly got them into the playoffs, similar to last year.

san antonio spurs
11-24-2010, 04:43 PM
He's a good coach but by no means is he a great coach like most describe him to be. 17 years, and only 7 times to the playoffs? That's not a great coach in my book. However he has not been fired because of the lack of true talent in the coaching department. I hope I answered to your question.

VY on the other hand is immature, and he has to get his act together or he'll be done in the NFL.

monosylab1k
11-24-2010, 05:24 PM
VY on the other hand is immature, and he has to get his act together or he'll be done in the NFL.

almost every player in the NFL is "immature". Almost nobody would respond positively to the nonstop benchings VY has endured. Peyton throws his teammates under the bus every chance he gets. Brady, though not overtly, still threw all kinds of underhanded hints to the media about his displeasure over not receiving a contract extension for much of the offseason. VY's supposed immaturity compared to the average NFL player isn't in question. The question is whether or not Jeff Fisher is a good HC, and whether he's ever given Vince a fair shot in his entire career.

monosylab1k
11-24-2010, 05:25 PM
lol vy nut huggers

exactly tbh. there is no defense to show that Jeff Fisher is actually a good coach and knows what he's doing.

Blake
11-24-2010, 05:29 PM
Fisher is a good coach that has had average/mediocre talent since that one Super Bowl appearance.

monosylab1k
11-24-2010, 05:32 PM
Fisher is a good coach that has had average/mediocre talent since that one Super Bowl appearance.

Isn't a good coach supposed to -

A) make average/mediocre talent play better than their talent suggests

and

B) find better than average/mediocre talent via the draft/free agency/etc?

gaKNOW!blee
11-24-2010, 06:00 PM
ive never understood all the love for him...he's accomplished nothing.

and not only did he need a fluke, but it was a forward lateral anyway. :king

plus that game wouldnt of even been close if wade phillips didnt bench flutie (who had played the entire season) for rob fucking johnson.

vander
11-24-2010, 06:54 PM
well maybe if he had Tom Brady...

and how many good coaches are there in the league really?

IMO only a handful

at least he doesn't start off every year with a losing record despite having an MVP level QB and playing one of the easiest schedules :downspin:

leemajors
11-24-2010, 07:03 PM
His defenses are usually solid, but so are Wade's. He's been riding his Super Bowl appearance for some time. good question

PublicOption
11-24-2010, 07:22 PM
Jeff Fisher went to USC.......is he still bitter about this?

G3DdGhv2N9k

I sure do miss this Vince Young. Fisher is hemming him up......VY needs to get out.

LnGrrrR
11-24-2010, 08:12 PM
Eh, Fisher is good enough to make a team gel well, but I don't think he's good enough at X's and O's to outscheme a really good coach like BB.

san antonio spurs
11-24-2010, 10:04 PM
Mono I know that you lack football knowledge and mostly make retarded comments, but did you just compare Manning and Brady to Young? Both examples that you just gave compare none whatsoever to what Vince did.
What VY did is similar to what Vick did in ATL (he just didn't have a coach with enough balls to bench him and he didn't have a quality back up either)

I can't believe at what length you can go to make a point, damn :lmao

Blake
11-24-2010, 11:46 PM
Isn't a good coach supposed to -

A) make average/mediocre talent play better than their talent suggests

sure.

maybe he's had no talent this last ten years but made them look mediocre/average.

B) find better than average/mediocre talent via the draft/free agency/etc?

GM's job.

GM's importance > Coach's importance, imo.

ohmwrecker
11-25-2010, 12:30 AM
Jeff Fisher is a fucking loser. Trade VY to a team that will play him and watch the kid tear some shit up.

leemajors
11-25-2010, 12:31 AM
Mono I know that you lack football knowledge and mostly make retarded comments, but did you just compare Manning and Brady to Young? Both examples that you just gave compare none whatsoever to what Vince did.
What VY did is similar to what Vick did in ATL (he just didn't have a coach with enough balls to bench him and he didn't have a quality back up either)

I can't believe at what length you can go to make a point, damn :lmao

and mono zooms way over your head, congrats. i thought jt's retirement thread was asinine, but he may have been right on about you.

dirk4mvp
11-25-2010, 01:03 AM
http://media.onsugar.com/files/ons2/342/3425287/43_2009/b8eec37e44fa407f_Fisher2.jpg

Whisky Dog
11-25-2010, 03:37 AM
He's one of the worst coaches in the league. He's shown he's very passive aggressive and is willing to sabotage his team to get what he wants. He's done an excellent job making connections in the Nashville and national media so he gets a pass for being a guy who alienates his players. He never gave Vince a chance, and even when Vince was saving his job he made a comment about how Collins was still his guy. He's the only coach I can think of who banned two of his starting QBs from the training facility just to be a dick. His teams are often accused of being dirty and are highly undisciplined with a lot of penalties and internal strife. Both Albert Haynesworth and Keith Bullock commented on how it was inevitable that Vince was going to go through all this because of the "culture and way they do things there". That's all on Fisher, and I can't understand how he still has a job in the NFL.

symple19
11-25-2010, 05:56 AM
He's one of the worst coaches in the league. He's shown he's very passive aggressive and is willing to sabotage his team to get what he wants. He's done an excellent job making connections in the Nashville and national media so he gets a pass for being a guy who alienates his players. He never gave Vince a chance, and even when Vince was saving his job he made a comment about how Collins was still his guy. He's the only coach I can think of who banned two of his starting QBs from the training facility just to be a dick. His teams are often accused of being dirty and are highly undisciplined with a lot of penalties and internal strife. Both Albert Haynesworth and Keith Bullock commented on how it was inevitable that Vince was going to go through all this because of the "culture and way they do things there". That's all on Fisher, and I can't understand how he still has a job in the NFL.

:cry:cry:cry He's mean to Vincie wincie so Imma cwy about it....waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa he's a howwible coach, juss howwible!

symple19
11-25-2010, 06:06 AM
I would call the guy solid. 6 ten win seasons in a division owned by Peyton is pretty good. I would also agree that he's done well in a small market with lackluster talent.

I think he's kept his job for this long because he has one of the few owners in the league who is willing to show any patience (or possibly an owner who is afraid of change)

His career record is 141-112. Look at Bill Cowher (a guy many consider to be a "great" coach), who's record is 149-90 (with one less season than Fisher, and a whole lot more talent). Cowher is much better in the post-season, and I think that's where the separation between a 'solid' coach and 'great/very good' coach is evident.

Definitely time for a change in Tennessee, but if that were to happen, I don't think Fisher will have to wait long for another job.

monosylab1k
11-25-2010, 09:37 AM
I know that you lack football knowledge and mostly make retarded comments

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

self ownage at it's finest.

"I like Running backs who fumble at the goal line incessantly!" - san antonio spurs

That's football knowledge right there.

monosylab1k
11-25-2010, 09:38 AM
and :lol at not being able to read. nowhere did i compare young to brady/manning. i just said it was stupid to brand VY as "immature" when immaturity is a trait found in even the most "mature" NFL players.

ohmwrecker
11-25-2010, 10:33 AM
and :lol at not being able to read. nowhere did i compare young to brady/manning. i just said it was stupid to brand VY as "immature" when immaturity is a trait found in even the most "mature" NFL players.

ie. Brett Favre

Brodie Bruce
11-25-2010, 11:01 AM
http://media.onsugar.com/files/ons2/342/3425287/43_2009/b8eec37e44fa407f_Fisher2.jpg

If Fisher gets his pink slip, don't be surprised if he replaces RoboCoach in Indy.

monosylab1k
11-25-2010, 12:11 PM
ie. Brett Favre

you're an idiot for comparing vince young to brett favre! :lmao they're nothing alike!

Trainwreck2100
11-25-2010, 12:54 PM
:cry:cry:cry great fucking coach :cry:cry:cry

LnGrrrR
11-25-2010, 01:08 PM
I gotta say, Fisher seems like he's a 12 year old doing all this verbal sparring with Vince Young. "A man talks face-to-face"... gmafb

san antonio spurs
11-25-2010, 01:15 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

self ownage at it's finest.

"I like Running backs who fumble at the goal line incessantly!" - san antonio spurs

That's football knowledge right there.

I hate Benjarvus Green Ellis, he should not see the field, Why the fuck do we have Woodhead in there, he's worthless
Without Moss we're fucked.... Mono
:lmao :lmao :lmao

monosylab1k
11-25-2010, 01:31 PM
:lmao san antonio spurs proving he's fucking stupid again. He apparently is so goddamn stupid he can't read people's profile names.

DoK said that about Moss and BJGE. I've been a fan of BJGE for years now, I said he should have been starting since last season. In fact, as you were on your knees sucking off Maroney as he fumbled again going into the end zone, I was championing the current best RB on the Patriots roster.

I also said Woodhead was useless in one game, which he was. Other than that I've been very complimentary of him.

san antonio spurs
11-25-2010, 01:41 PM
:lmao san antonio spurs proving he's fucking stupid again. He apparently is so goddamn stupid he can't read people's profile names.

DoK said that about Moss and BJGE. I've been a fan of BJGE for years now, I said he should have been starting since last season. In fact, as you were on your knees sucking off Maroney as he fumbled again going into the end zone, I was championing the current best RB on the Patriots roster.

I also said Woodhead was useless in one game, which he was. Other than that I've been very complimentary of him.

lol own ur posts son

monosylab1k
11-25-2010, 01:41 PM
lol own ur posts son

learn to read kid

san antonio spurs
11-25-2010, 01:43 PM
learn to read kid
I won't waste my time searching through the forum to make you eat crow as it's not worth it.
Lol you know u said it.

monosylab1k
11-25-2010, 01:44 PM
I won't waste my time searching through the forum

in other words, you have no proof because you can't read. thanks.

san antonio spurs
11-25-2010, 01:45 PM
in other words, I'm not worth it?

monosylab1k
11-25-2010, 01:51 PM
I can't read and don't want to make myself look even dumber

Whisky Dog
11-25-2010, 05:32 PM
:cry:cry:cry He's mean to Vincie wincie so Imma cwy about it....waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa he's a howwible coach, juss howwible!

So you're disputing what I said? What is wrong, are the players who played for him and said they aren't surprised because the culture sucks there wrong? You know beter than they do?

crc21209
11-25-2010, 06:34 PM
He's a good, not a great coach. Overrated indeed. What is it with him and hating his QB's though? It seemed liked he never like Air McNair, and now Vince Young?

Brodie Bruce
11-25-2010, 07:41 PM
He's a good, not a great coach. Overrated indeed. What is it with him and hating his QB's though? It seemed like he never like Air McNair, and now Vince Young?

Yeah, he hated McNair so much he repeatedly said shit like "Steve was like a son to me." Run along now little boy, the men are talking.

crc21209
11-25-2010, 07:52 PM
Yeah, he hated McNair so much he repeatedly said shit like "Steve was like a son to me." Run along now little boy, the men are talking.

:lol OK fossil..:tu :rolleyes

slugger22
11-28-2010, 11:02 PM
ive never understood all the love for him...he's accomplished nothing.

and not only did he need a fluke, but it was a forward lateral anyway. :king

plus that game wouldnt of even been close if wade phillips didnt bench flutie (who had played the entire season) for rob fucking johnson.

Get over it !

ducks
12-04-2010, 09:06 PM
He will be gone
book it

gaKNOW!blee
12-05-2010, 11:22 AM
Get over it !

I can't.

seriously.

slugger22
12-05-2010, 10:42 PM
and why not ?

Blake
12-06-2010, 11:17 AM
Run along now little boy, the men are talking.

that was harsh.

totally uncalled for.