Game not over yet

Ok its NJ , but still

Nahtanoj
11-24-2010, 10:45 PM
Good return home game by the Diesel.

Killakobe81
11-24-2010, 11:42 PM
Good return home game by the Diesel.

The big fella is starting to scare me ...he is NOT Kendrick Perkins.

I may start rooting for the Heat ... or the Bulls. YEs, Bulls I like Noah and Rose.

HarlemHeat37
11-24-2010, 11:59 PM
As I said when they signed him..there's no risk in signing Shaq..if he's used properly, he's still a solid player..he shouldn't be a starter in the playoffs and he shouldn't play over 20 minutes per game..when he's being used properly, he's still intimidating, he still pushes any other big man around, he's still a decent 1 on 1 post defender, he's still a good passer..

ohmwrecker
11-25-2010, 12:00 AM
He's big.

Killakobe81
11-25-2010, 12:03 AM
As I said when they signed him..there's no risk in signing Shaq..if he's used properly, he's still a solid player..he shouldn't be a starter in the playoffs and he shouldn't play over 20 minutes per game..when he's being used properly, he's still intimidating, he still pushes any other big man around, he's still a decent 1 on 1 post defender, he's still a good passer..

That is the Harlem I used to have mad respect for. Solid basketball take.

So let me ask you this, if that is the case why didnt Lebron (we all know he was the real coach) couldnt figure this out in Cleveland (how to use Shaq when many laud him for high basketball IQ?) Dont get me wrong I thought he was a horrible fit with the Cavs because he congested the driving lanes for the best driver in NBA history maybe ...but since they made the move why did they not use him like the celts?

ohmwrecker
11-25-2010, 12:09 AM
KG and The Truth ain't gonna put up with Shaq's BS, that's why. LeBron is not a leader.

HarlemHeat37
11-25-2010, 12:10 AM
Shaq was actually good in Cleveland and he played well with Lebron..that wasn't the problem at all..last year's version of Shaq has been slightly better than this year's Shaq, not much of a difference..he's also playing similar minutes, which will obviously go down when Perkins returns, so he won't be over-used..

The problem was Mike Brown starting Shaq in every game in the Boston series(Shaq clearly isn't a starter anymore) and playing him for over 25 minutes in 3 of the 6 games in the series..

When Shaq isn't being used properly, he's obviously a liability that other teams can exploit, if they have a good coach/good team..playing Shaq and his slow, methodical style of play instead of exploiting Boston's weaknesses was bad coaching..

JJ Hickson played well in the 1st 3 games of the series..his athleticism gave the Celtics problem, instead of having Shaq out there, since Shaq's slow style of play fits right into Boston's strategy..for some reason, Mike Brown stopped playing Hickson after those first 3 games, which he took a lot of heat for from Cavs fans..

Most people felt that Varejao and Hickson should have taken up a lot more minutes than Shaq during that series, which seemed like the logical move, since they are good matchups vs. Boston..

Killakobe81
11-25-2010, 12:14 AM
Shaq was actually good in Cleveland and he played well with Lebron..that wasn't the problem..

The problem was Mike Brown starting Shaq in every game in the Boston series(Shaq clearly isn't a starter anymore) and playing him for over 25 minutes in 3 of the 6 games in the series..

When Shaq isn't being used properly, he's obviously a liability that other teams can exploit, if they have a good coach/good team..

JJ Hickson played well in the 1st 3 games of the series..his athleticism gave the Celtics problem, instead of having Shaq out there, since Shaq's slow style of play fits right into Boston's strategy..for some reason, Mike Brown stopped playing Hickson after those first 3 games, which he took a lot of heat for from Cavs fans..

Great points :toast but couldnt they have found a way to do both? And i was teasing obviously that is on Mike Brown, no matter if Lebron is the star or not.

Cry Havoc
11-25-2010, 12:14 AM
Who to pick up in my fantasy league?

Big Z or Diesel?

ohmwrecker
11-25-2010, 12:19 AM
Who to pick up in my fantasy league?

Big Z or Diesel?

Darko

Cry Havoc
11-25-2010, 12:20 AM
Darko

I'm in a deep league. He's taken. I'm surprised Shaq is free.

Killakobe81
11-25-2010, 12:24 AM
Shaq you may not see those numbers again ...but Damp will eat in to Z's minutes ...

Cry Havoc
11-25-2010, 12:25 AM
Shaq you may not see those numbers again ...but Damp will eat in to Z's minutes ...

How? It's not like the Heat have a plethora of bigs to play. I don't see damp getting more than 15 minutes per.

crc21209
11-25-2010, 12:26 AM
The freakin' week I drop the guy from my Fantasy team he goes off...:lol Hot damn...

Killakobe81
11-25-2010, 01:05 AM
How? It's not like the Heat have a plethora of bigs to play. I don't see damp getting more than 15 minutes per.

How many is Z gonna get? I think Shaq gest more mins (until Perk gets back) if you thinking long-term go with Z ...