PDA

View Full Version : Is this about JJ true?

nkdlunch
05-25-2005, 12:07 AM
They keep saying JJ was the best player 4 the Suns in the playoffs until he got injured. Is this true? I didn't watch those games.

exstatic
05-25-2005, 12:08 AM
One thing is for sure: If they don't have the budget to re-sign him, they are going to regret ever signing Q. He isn't half the player that JJ is.

PM5K
05-25-2005, 12:11 AM
Post season stats so far were 19 PPG 51% FG 56% 3PFG 5 Boards 3 Assists.

He's a very talented player, but as I said when the analysts were drooling over the stats of guys lilke Marion, and Richardson is that they did that against _allas not us, we ain't them and what you did against them and Memphis don't mean shit now:

exstatic
05-25-2005, 12:12 AM
JJ is really the only other quality ballhandler besides Nash.

ShoogarBear
05-25-2005, 12:12 AM
Another positive about tonight's game: Q hit a few shots.

Which means he's about due for another 2-13 masterpiece.

Catharsis
05-25-2005, 12:15 AM
Before the injury, Johnson was averaging 22.8 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 3.6 apg and 57% from 3pt. The two greatest contributions, however, were his defense and how he drew defenders out of the key. Richardson fell apart offensively when Johnson went out because he wasn't getting wide open looks anymore. Johnson's defense is second on the team to Marion's.

Honestly, it was a miracle that the Suns got past Dallas without him. Jackson stepped up, but he isn't the defender Johnson is. And having Jackson come off the bench was important to the Suns as they really only have a seven man rotation--six now with Johnson hurt. Anyone want to piece together why the Suns have blown it in the 4th quarter both games?

Catharsis
05-25-2005, 12:16 AM
Post season stats so far were 19 PPG 51% FG 56% 3PFG 5 Boards 3 Assists.

He's a very talented player, but as I said when the analysts were drooling over the stats of guys lilke Marion, and Richardson is that they did that against _allas not us, we ain't them and what you did against them and Memphis don't mean shit now:

Those stats are a little misleading considering he left the game in the second quarter against Dallas.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-25-2005, 12:17 AM
Joe Johnson's greatest contribution isn't on the stat sheet, it's his defense and court awareness.

Catharsis
05-25-2005, 12:32 AM
Joe Johnson's greatest contribution isn't on the stat sheet, it's his defense and court awareness.

He's also deadly on fast breaks from 3pt range. On a three two break he waits on the corner for Nash to suck the defender in and nails the shot. He may not be accurate in a 3pt shootout, but if someone gets him the ball to his chest in the corner, he'll nail it.

ShoogarBear
05-25-2005, 12:50 AM
I don't think the mask or conditioning are nearly as crippling as any possible impairment in his eyesight. If his vision is even a little off, it's going to be a lot for him to adjust to.

Catharsis
05-25-2005, 12:59 AM
I don't think the mask or conditioning are nearly as crippling as any possible impairment in his eyesight. If his vision is even a little off, it's going to be a lot for him to adjust to.

Doctors have said that his vision is as good as it was before the injury.

The point with JJ is he will make a defense more honest. If Amare is being doubled, he's a deadly player to leave open.

IcemanCometh
05-25-2005, 01:08 AM
and people wondered why i wanted him a few years ago

Catharsis
05-25-2005, 01:17 AM
and people wondered why i wanted him a few years ago

Hey, don't resign Parker and it's a possibility.