PDA

View Full Version : Trevor Ariza is nothing more than a glorified Devin Brown

BRHornet45
11-25-2010, 12:33 AM
sons I'm so sick of this scrub already and his .377% shooting. I have never in my life seen a NBA starter miss as many WIDE ASS OPEN shots as this D-Leaguer has ... yea his defense is solid and he will dunk once a game, but this scrub can't hit the broadside of a barn. there is a reason why he has been on 5 different teams in 7 years at only 25 years old. I swear I would rather give Mbenga an open 3 than Ariza ... nothing more than a glorified Devin Brown.

crc21209
11-25-2010, 12:36 AM
:lol Somebody pull up the thread where BR was creaming his pants when the Hornets acquired Ariza...

Killakobe81
11-25-2010, 12:39 AM
sons I'm so sick of this scrub already and his .377% shooting. I have never in my life seen a NBA starter miss as many WIDE ASS OPEN shots as this D-Leaguer has ... yea his defense is solid and he will dunk once a game, but this scrub can't hit the broadside of a barn. there is a reason why he has been on 5 different teams in 7 years at only 25 years old. I swear I would rather give Mbenga an open 3 than Ariza ... nothing more than a glorified Devin Brown.

To be fair, like you said Paul is passing up open 3's.

When Ariza played with Kobe, Sasha and Fisher ...that NEVER happened. He doesnt know what to expect ...

Plus he steps up come playoff time ...at least with us! lol

BRHornet45
11-25-2010, 12:39 AM
:lol Somebody pull up the thread where BR was creaming his pants when the Hornets acquired Ariza...

son of course I was excited just like any fan of any team gets whenever their team acquires someone who the media tells you is good. Foolish me couldn't see through the smoke that was being blown up my ass about this D-Leaguer coming to town. I now see the light and absolutely hate this man now.

many of you Spur fans do the exact same thing with some of the players traded to your team.

Ginobilly
11-25-2010, 12:44 AM
Ariza is the type of player that will only be good when paired up with good players(Lakers big three, the Boston big three, Spurs big three,etc) It will be kinda like the Spurs trading away a prime defensive Bruce Bowen to a lesser team and expect the same or more production.

j.dizzle
11-25-2010, 12:49 AM
LOL sasha & walton for Ariza???? hahaha

BRHornet45
11-25-2010, 12:50 AM
Ariza is the type of player that will only be good when paired up with good players(Lakers big three, the Boston big three, Spurs big three,etc) It will be kinda like the Spurs trading away a prime defensive Bruce Bowen to a lesser team and expect the same or more production.

very good analyst ... I'm being dead serious whenever I say this, I'm not trying to be funny ... I truly feel more confident when Mbenga has the ball than I do Ariza.

BRHornet45
11-25-2010, 12:51 AM
sons I'm confident that even my black ass at only 6'1 could shoot better than Ariza does. God knows it doesn't take much.

j.dizzle
11-25-2010, 12:52 AM
very good analyst ... I'm being dead serious whenever I say this, I'm not trying to be funny ... I truly feel more confident when Mbenga has the ball than I do Ariza.
Son, Ariza did make me nervous when he had the ball in his hands..His dribble was terrible..All he had to do was defend & hit WIDE open three's..I guess he blew his whole load in the Finals cuz hes been clanking everything after leaving LA.

Ode to Triple Ocho
11-25-2010, 01:02 AM
deron violated paul's anus tonight and this hornet fan wants to deflect the blame onto Ariza?

why in the fuck is mr max contract paul only taking 8 shots? scared much?

frodo
11-25-2010, 01:03 AM
ariza has yet to find his shooting hand and that's all. he's a really good player and maybe he just needs a bit more patience and more time to get fully adapted to Hornets games. don't act like the hornets are kicked out of the playoffs because of someone playing bad.

noob cake
11-25-2010, 01:05 AM
Houston fans have warned you; Ariza is not a good shooter.

Anyways, Courtney Lee is known for his chocking. Meh trade.

TE
11-25-2010, 01:08 AM
Shouldve stuck with d brown.

frodo
11-25-2010, 01:09 AM
get peja in his place and you get someone with a better shooting rate but much worse D which only counts out a negative result. ariza is playing a role James Posey once played and you know the Hornets with Posey were enjoying their best years of the past decade.

FkLA
11-25-2010, 02:22 AM
son whatever happened to downtown devin brown, is he even on a nba roster now?

spurs shouldve picked up dt devin brown instead of ime udoka tbh.

The Refrigerator
11-25-2010, 02:25 AM
Just another former Laker role player who Kobe made look good and spurstalk subsequently overrated. Nothing to see here.

ChickHearnMic
11-25-2010, 02:40 AM
He can't shoot like Peja or Marco but his defense is clutch.
His sense of urgency isn't always on point for under the radar matchups.
He'll step up in big games against the leagues top teams.

The only Laker player in history who left the team after winning a championship to another team for less money.

:lol

BRHornet45
12-22-2010, 01:04 AM
sons I gotta bump this ...

for whatever reason Monty Williams is hell bent on making Trevor Ariza the Hornets 2nd scoring option.

lol 36% FG

lol 26% 3PT

absolutely fucking pathetic

21_Blessings
12-22-2010, 01:25 AM
for less money.

:lol

What the fuck are you talking about?

21_Blessings
12-22-2010, 01:26 AM
sons I gotta bump this ...

for whatever reason Monty Williams is hell bent on making Trevor Ariza the Hornets 2nd scoring option.

lol 36% FG

lol 26% 3PT

absolutely fucking pathetic

Houston tried that too. Your coach clueless and franchise player sucks pussy shit, is all. No way would Trevor be chucking like this if he was still a Laker.

100%duncan
12-22-2010, 02:10 AM

now this is stupid :rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

Kai
12-22-2010, 04:09 AM
I miss the old days where BR loved Devin Brown.

fevertrees
12-22-2010, 04:33 AM
I wish the Hornets still had Downtown Devin Brown. At least he put 110% in every minute he played unlike the divas we have on the team now!

BRHornet45
12-22-2010, 04:42 AM
I wish the Hornets still had Downtown Devin Brown. At least he put 110% in every minute he played unlike the divas we have on the team now!

the problem is that neither Paul or West give 100% all the time and it trickles down. if a young player like Ariza or Belinelli sees Paul and West half ass going through the motions, then they will naturally develop the same lazy ass mentality. West has always been extremely lazy and never plays defense, but this is Paul's first year of pulling this crap hence why everyone is so disappointed with him. He makes it blatantly obvious that he's not happy and he will only play hard whenever HE wants to.

Pelicans78
12-22-2010, 03:14 PM
I was the only Hornet fan who blasted the team for trading Collison for Ariza. It was a bad contract to take on for a role player like him. It did allow the team to get rid of Posey, but he only had 2 years left on his contract.

I do think Ariza's defense has helped alot, but his offense is killing the team. Combining his offense with Okafor is a disaster and with Belinelli inconsistent and CP3 not able to perform like he once used to, the pressure has fallen on West who is actually having a terrific season. Basically, the team doesn't have enough scoring and the coaches don't believe in Marcus Thornton.