PDA

View Full Version : If you were an NBA Player...

Iceman101
11-26-2010, 10:04 AM
1) Would you rather be a superstar on a losing team, or a role player on a winning team

2) Describe the type of player you would be - All around PG, Slashing SG, etc...

3) What would be the city that you would least like to play for, and the city you would most like to play for?

4) If possible, would you rather try to win on your own, or form a big 3 if it meant diminishing your legacy?

5) If you were a free agent, and you demand an 100 million dollar contract, with Toronto and Minnesota being the only teams to meet your demands, whose offer would you take?

6) Would you rather make the hall of fame with no rings, or not be a hall of fame caliber player but win multiple rings?

7) Which could you win: Dunk Contest, or 3 point contest?

8) If you were a superstar, who would you prefer your shoe deal to be with: Nike, Adidas, Reebok, Under Armor?

9) If you could be a teammate of a legend, who would it be?

10) What would be your jersey number?

Chieflion
11-26-2010, 10:19 AM
1) Superstar on a losing team. This is a world of reality and ultimately, in the end, the NBA is a business and it is all about the money. Role players don't earn a lot when compared to superstars.

2) All-Around SG.

3) Least: Los Angeles or Phoenix
Most: San Antonio or Atlanta

4) Form a big 3 even if it meant diminishing legacy. If you still end up a hall of fame player, you do it.

5) Minnesota

6) Hall of fame with no rings. Same reason as question 1.

7) 3 point contest

8) Under Armor

9) Tim Duncan

10) 15

romsey31
11-26-2010, 10:27 AM
1) would you rather be a superstar on a losing team, or a role player on a winning team

carry indiana to its 1st nba championship

2) describe the type of player you would be - all around pg, slashing sg, etc...
lol u know everyone wants to be a kobe/ mj like sg

3) what would be the city that you would least like to play for, and the city you would most like to play for?
Least? detroit

4) if possible, would you rather try to win on your own, or form a big 3 if it meant diminishing your legacy?
no one wins on their own.. I'd like to win period, just not the way lebrons trying to

5) if you were a free agent, and you demand an 100 million dollar contract, with toronto and minnesota being the only teams to meet your demands, whose offer would you take? thats easy.. Toronto

6) would you rather make the hall of fame with no rings, or not be a hall of fame caliber player but win multiple rings?
multiple rings you play to win baby

7) which could you win: Dunk contest, or 3 point contest?
i always said you can work on your shot.. But if your not gifted athletically it'll be extremely tough to get by.. So dunk contest

8) if you were a superstar, who would you prefer your shoe deal to be with: Nike, adidas, reebok, under armor?
nike
9) if you could be a teammate of a legend, who would it be?
reggie miller
10) what would be your jersey number?

JamStone
11-26-2010, 10:43 AM
1) Would you rather be a superstar on a losing team, or a role player on a winning team

Totally depends on what kind of role player. I'd rather be Manu Ginobili than Andre Iguodala. But I'd rather be Andre Iguodala than Sasha Vujacic. If I'm a role player who is still a key player on the team, I'll go role player.

2) Describe the type of player you would be - All around PG, Slashing SG, etc...

Combo guard in a good way, like the aforementioned Ginobili. Skilled enough to play either guard position effectively.

3) What would be the city that you would least like to play for, and the city you would most like to play for?

Least like to play for Charlotte because I don't think it will ever be able to be more of an NBA town than a college basketball town. Most like to play for New York, even with the terrible history of the last 10 years, I still consider it the mecca of basketball. And New York in general is a great city to live in.

4) If possible, would you rather try to win on your own, or form a big 3 if it meant diminishing your legacy?

Win on my own. I'd want good teammates though, just not two other superstars.

5) If you were a free agent, and you demand an 100 million dollar contract, with Toronto and Minnesota being the only teams to meet your demands, whose offer would you take?

Toronto. At least it's a great city.

6) Would you rather make the hall of fame with no rings, or not be a hall of fame caliber player but win multiple rings?

Hall of Fame.

3 point contest.

8) If you were a superstar, who would you prefer your shoe deal to be with: Nike, Adidas, Reebok, Under Armor?

Nike.

Wilt.

Texas_Ranger
11-26-2010, 11:03 AM
1) would you rather be a superstar on a losing team, or a role player on a winning team

role player.

2) describe the type of player you would be - all around pg, slashing sg, etc...

slashing/shooting sg

3) what would be the city that you would least like to play for, and the city you would most like to play for?

least: La, ny
most: Sa, hou, orl

4) if possible, would you rather try to win on your own, or form a big 3 if it meant diminishing your legacy?

if i'm a role player no one would care. I'd rather stay on the same team even if the team sucks.

5) if you were a free agent, and you demand an 100 million dollar contract, with toronto and minnesota being the only teams to meet your demands, whose offer would you take?

toronto

6) would you rather make the hall of fame with no rings, or not be a hall of fame caliber player but win multiple rings?

no hof with rings

8) if you were a superstar, who would you prefer your shoe deal to be with: Nike, adidas, reebok, under armor?

adidas

td

ohmwrecker
11-26-2010, 11:12 AM
1) Role player. It's all about the wins.

2) Combo guard

3) Dallas/Chicago

4) Big three . . .

5) Toronto (edit) this was the hardest question for me. The music scene is a big issue. Toronto edges out Minny.

6) HOF

7) 3 point . . . last time I dunked, I fucked up my back.

8) Adidas

9) Tim Duncan

10) 24

lefty
11-26-2010, 11:18 AM
1) Role player on a winning team

2) Clutch scorer.
I can go 0/20 during a game, misisng the easiest shots in the world, but I will hit game-winning shot - even if it's a complcated tough shot.
I swear, everything goes slow-motion when you take that shot.

But it helps that the defense leaves me alone after I go 0/20 :lol

3) Cleveland and .... L.A :lol

4) On my own

5) Toronto; TO is a great city; Minny sucks major donkey balls

6) a hall of fame caliber player but win multiple rings

7)3 point contest

Me, dunking?

Silly

8) Least expensive brand

9) Larry Bird

10) 10

HarlemHeat37
11-26-2010, 11:21 AM
1) Key role player on a winning team, like a Derek Fisher type..

2) Pure PG..

3) New York, obviously..the best city and best people in the world..

Least?..Cleveland..ew..

4) I'm supposed to be a role player, I wouldn't really have a relevant legacy anyways..

5) Toronto, easily..it's a top 5 city in North America..no brainer..

6) Ignoring my previous answers, I would take HOF with no rings..

7) Both..

8) Adidas..

9) Duncan..

10) 37..

JoeTait75
11-26-2010, 12:47 PM

Role player on a winning team. It's all about winning. I'd be happy to just contribute.

Tough defensive-minded perimeter player. Think the late Bobby Phills, or Delonte West.

Salt Lake City... Cleveland or one of the Big Three cities (LA, NYC, Chicago)

I'd like to be a part of a Big Three. This isn't tennis, it's a team sport.

I'd like to play in Toronto. Never been there but I hear nothing but good things about it from those whio have.

It's all about the rings.

Three-point contest.

Nike.

Magic Johnson.

Giuseppe
11-26-2010, 12:58 PM

Role player

Small forward in the Orlando Woolridge model.

Nothing outside the soil, otherwise it wouldn't matter.

n/a

Minnesota

I don't do HOF.

I don't do barnstorming exhibitions.

I don't do endorsements.

Bob McAdoo

Whatever they hand me.

TheRealCB
11-26-2010, 01:00 PM
Just an important role player that contributes

Ron Artest,with the brains

Florida most,Cleveland least

On my own if I could.

Toronto..

Rings

3 point shooting.

Adidas.

Bird

monosylab1k
11-26-2010, 01:12 PM

Role Player, but it depends on the type of role player as stated already.

Tim Thomas

Least - Indiana or Detroit, Most - Portland or New York

Doubtful I'd be any part of a Big 3 with my skill set, but I'd rather win a shitload of rings. Hypothetically if I was a superstar, I'd never want to piggyback anybody to a title, I'd want to be the Batman of the team

Toronto

Rings

3 point

Nike

Larry Bird

MavFan6488
11-26-2010, 01:20 PM
superstar on a winning team

derrick rose type of player

love nyc, but hate the knicks. nets would be fine cause it's close to nyc..would never play for the clippers, nuggets and bobcats..

doesn't matter as long as my team has a legit shot at winning the championship.. (unlike the current heat lol)

i would demand less and wait for better offers..90 mill would be still enough

being named in the same breath with guys like stockton, malone and barkley is no shame. these guys had great careers, they just weren't fortunate enough to play on a championship team.

i would rather be a charles barkley than a robert horry.

Both..+ skills challenge

adidas

mj

lil_penny
11-26-2010, 02:29 PM
1) would you rather be a superstar on a losing team, or a role player on a winning team as a superstar i would make my team a winning one

2) describe the type of player you would be - pass first pg penny hardaway/ jason williams flashy

3) what would be the city that you would least like to play for, and the city you would most like to play for? milluakie least, portland or new york the most

4) if possible, would you rather try to win on your own, or form a big 3 if it meant diminishing your legacy? rather try to win on my own

5) if you were a free agent, and you demand an 100 million dollar contract, with toronto and minnesota being the only teams to meet your demands, whose offer would you take? minnesota

6) would you rather make the hall of fame with no rings, or not be a hall of fame caliber player but win multiple rings? multiple rings, im a born winner:lol

7) which could you win: Dunk contest, or 3 point contest? dunk contest

8) if you were a superstar, who would you prefer your shoe deal to be with: Nike, adidas, reebok, under armor? nike

9) if you could be a teammate of a legend, who would it be? j.r. Fuckin rider.... Or larry bird

10) what would be your jersey number? 22

j.dizzle
11-26-2010, 02:39 PM
e8PTGHXBiYM

sendman
11-26-2010, 02:59 PM
I would rather be a superstar on a winning team.

I would be an all around slashing guard that nobody can stop.

Only big markets would be suitable for my mad skills.

With my mad skills I wouldn't need anybody, not even roll players.

Don't worrie, there would be others.

What kind of stupid question is this? I would be hall of famer with multiple rings.

Dunk contest while shooting and hitting 3 pointers.

I would buy them all and then make my own.

You mean who of those wannabes could be my teammate, right?

15........and it would represent inches.

ALVAREZ6
11-26-2010, 03:08 PM
I'd be a superstar on a losing team, and simply ask to be traded.

Slashing PG/SG and streaky 3 point shooter....basically my playing style in real life.

Least: Minnesota
Most: Miami, NY, Philadelphia...any of these.
I'd rather form a big 3 like the Spurs...or more accurately put, to develop into a big 3 (differing from Miami team-up)

Toronto, because it's at least in Toronto

Ambiguous like others...could go either way. Could be a Manu type who isn't super likely to make the HOF, yet still a fuckin baller and star in the league. Certainly a top player, getting rings.

I'd rather win the dunk, but with my current frame and skill the 3-point is much more likely.

Torn between Nike or Adidas

Magic Johnson.
6 or 20. Both have been my #'s growing up.

Smooth Criminal
11-26-2010, 03:39 PM
1) Would you rather be a superstar on a losing team, or a role player on a winning teamSuperstar

2) Describe the type of player you would be - All around PG, Slashing SG, etc...Kobe-Only Smarter

3) What would be the city that you would least like to play for, and the city you would most like to play for?New York

4) If possible, would you rather try to win on your own, or form a big 3 if it meant diminishing your legacy?Win Alone

5) If you were a free agent, and you demand an 100 million dollar contract, with Toronto and Minnesota being the only teams to meet your demands, whose offer would you take?Toronto, better city

6) Would you rather make the hall of fame with no rings, or not be a hall of fame caliber player but win multiple rings?Hall of Fame Caliber

7) Which could you win: Dunk Contest, or 3 point contest?3 Pointers, I have NO boosties

8) If you were a superstar, who would you prefer your shoe deal to be with: Nike, Adidas, Reebok, Under Armor?Nike...how is this even a question?

9) If you could be a teammate of a legend, who would it be?Magic Johnson

10) What would be your jersey number?666, if Dtern would allow it haha, or Id be 6'6" and #6

baseline bum
11-26-2010, 04:04 PM

no such thing as a superstar on a losing team. If you're asking if i'd rather be a stat-padder like toronto bosh or someone who contributes to a title with tough defense, rebounding, and big shots like horry, then i'd be horry.

point guard.

most: Golden state
least: Philadelphia

big 3 easily. No one wins a title on his own.

5) if you were a free agent, and you demand an 100 million dollar contract, with toronto and minnesota being the only teams to meet your demands, whose offer would you take?
toronto; it's an awesome city

hof easily. I'd definitely rather be barkley than horry.

both

none

larry bird

DAF86
11-26-2010, 04:56 PM

A walk on part in the war over a lead role in a cage, always.

I'm only 5'9'' so I wouldn't be able to be anything else than a PG, I used to play in an amateur league in a very bad team with my friends, so I used to take a lot of shots, mostly by slashing to the basket 'cause I'm not a good shooter, I was kinda like Iverson :lol. But if I played on a more talented/organized team I supose I would be a defensive minded/spot up shooter.

I don't know any US city but I hate heat and humidity so I guess Miami, I'd probably like to play in LA.

Whatever gives me more chance of winning, so I guess the big 3.

Toronto.

Rings.

Neither, but I can't dunk so I guess the 3 point contest. I'm only good at lay-ups and free throws.

Topper. Out of those: Nike.

Tim Duncan.

3, 10 or 7. In that order.

benefactor
11-26-2010, 07:48 PM

Role player

Hybrid 3/4 with 3pt range and lock down defensive ability

Least...Utah or Minnesota. Most...SA or Houston.

I don't really care about legacy. As long as everyone on the team is about the team, I'm good...no matter if it's one star or three.

A player like me would never get paid that, but to answer the question, Toronto.

The latter

3pt contest

Adidas. Most Reeboks and Nikes are not wide enough for my feet.

Hakeem Olajuwon

Doesn't matter. 30 sounds like a nice round number.

KapitanTutan
11-26-2010, 08:01 PM
1) a superstar on a losing team (see: joe johnson's bank account)

2) a ball hog shooting guard

3) least: Detroit most: Golden State

4) My imba talents + a Joakim Noah type will do

5) Minnesota with Kevin Love. :lob

6) hall of fame with no rings. steve kerr sucks.

7) I'd win them both on ASG

8) Nike all day

9) David Robinson

10) 15

frodo
11-26-2010, 09:17 PM
i would prefer the team from whom i earn 18 mil without playing no game the whole season.

TE
11-26-2010, 09:48 PM
1) Role player on a winning team.

2) Defensive SG

3) Least likely, Los Angeles. Most Likely, San An,.

4) Win on my own.

5) I would quit basketball.

6) Win multiple rings.

7) 3 point.

8) Just do it.

9) Tim Duncan.

10) 0

Killakobe81
11-26-2010, 10:46 PM
1. a Horry, fisher, Cooper Bowen type role player

2. Defensive 2/3 ...great passer not a great shooter lockdown defender

3. LA most likely, Utah least likely

4. Win on my own but with quality role players

5. Minny

6. Rings of course ...

7.. Dunk contest I used to have mad hops but unfortunately long arms but small hands ...had to cup or tip dunk hard for me to plam ball ...

8. Nike

9. Magic

10. 4