PDA

View Full Version : Do not over analyze this game

etbluffer
11-26-2010, 11:42 PM
The streak may be over, but the winning attitude is still with this team. Yes, they Spurs made a few mistakes in the final three minutes of the game that were uncharacteristic for this team, however Coach Pop will have this team ready for Sunday.
I firmly expect the Spurs to have more than one multi-game winning streak, so I'm not too agonized about this game. I have already seen some people talk about how Bonner was in too much, or RJ was missing tonight... The bottom line is the Mavs came in to San Antonio and played a better game tonight. We will see what happens when we repay the visit next month.
So please, don't act like its the end of the world here on this board because this will be a long season...

JustinJDW
11-26-2010, 11:51 PM
ANAYLYZE!!! ANAYLIZE!!

Haha, no seriously though, I totally agree with you.

Nathan89
11-26-2010, 11:52 PM
The positive, is the team will get better from losing to the Mavs(a good team). It will both humble the players and make them focus on their weaknesses. It's definitely better that we lost to the mavs and not the twolves. The spurs should be hungry against the Whornets on Sunday.

Blackjack
11-26-2010, 11:57 PM
No, you don't bring sand to the beach or water to the ocean.

Welcome to SpursTalk: where over-analyzing happens.

Bender
11-26-2010, 11:59 PM
my only analysis is that our record against the best teams, NO, Magic, and Mavs, is 1-3

Warlord23
11-27-2010, 12:01 AM
It's not about this game alone. The style of play this year is conducive to putting up big numbers when our shooters are hot, but is this good for the long term? The Lakers, Celtics, Hornets, Mavs, Magic are all in the top 10 FG% defense this year. The Spurs are tied with the Grizzlies, Hawks, Cavs and Rockets in this category. I'd rather depend on a consistent D than hope for Jefferson, Bonner and Neal to shoot us out of trouble in the playoffs.

Blackjack
11-27-2010, 12:04 AM
my only analysis is that our record against the best teams, NO, Magic, and Mavs, is 1-3

You mean, 1-2.

And the Spurs have also beaten the Thunder and Jazz on the road and Chicago at home.

They're now 5-2 against teams .500 or better.

Barfunk
11-27-2010, 12:06 AM
my only analysis is that our record against the best teams, NO, Magic, and Mavs, is 1-3 we only have 2 losses so 1-3 is impossible. We also have beaten Utah, OKC, and Chicago. Lakers just lost to Utah tonight by the way.

Bender
11-27-2010, 12:08 AM
yeah, I realized after I posted that something was wrong, but I got involved in reading the Quick Grades thread and forgot about it...

I meant 1 out of 3, I just showed it wrong.

I didn't count utah either, since they were without a main player, as well as their coach too...

Barfunk
11-27-2010, 12:09 AM
You mean, 1-2.

And the Spurs have also beaten the Thunder and Jazz on the road and Chicago at home.

They're now 5-3 against teams .500 or better. lol sorry bout that you beat me to it

Blackjack
11-27-2010, 12:11 AM
lol sorry bout that you beat me to it

All good. If you'll notice, I have a habit of hitting the 3 instead of the 2, ironically. :lol

ohmwrecker
11-27-2010, 12:13 AM
What'll happen if I analyze this game? Will my brain explode?

Blackjack
11-27-2010, 12:16 AM
What'll happen if I analyze this game? Will my brain explode?

Let me see . . .

:smchode:

Cessation
11-27-2010, 12:51 AM
We still have best record in the nba, but the spurs need to sort some things out, like give splitter more minutes, so wont have to rely on threes so much, and maybe dont put ginger on a 12-14 nowitzki with the game on the line.

ShoogarBear
11-27-2010, 12:58 AM

That's some serious overanalysis: predicting Sunday's game.

Bender
11-27-2010, 01:00 AM
oh man, the jokes won't stop... :depressed

DJ Mbenga
11-27-2010, 02:01 AM
there never is much analysis here. its usually LMAO lakers or CROFL spurs

DubMcDub
11-27-2010, 02:04 AM
I firmly expect the Spurs to have more than one multi-game winning streak, so I'm not too agonized about this game. I

Are there single-game winning streaks?

ElNono
11-27-2010, 02:04 AM
The streak may be over, but the winning attitude is still with this team. Yes, they Spurs made a few mistakes in the final three minutes of the game that were uncharacteristic for this team, however Coach Pop will have this team ready for Sunday.
I firmly expect the Spurs to have more than one multi-game winning streak, so I'm not too agonized about this game. I have already seen some people talk about how Bonner was in too much, or RJ was missing tonight... The bottom line is the Mavs came in to San Antonio and played a better game tonight. We will see what happens when we repay the visit next month.
So please, don't act like its the end of the world here on this board because this will be a long season...

http://www.iwise.com/authorIcons/159/Sigmund_Freud_64x64.png

Let's start from your childhood... what memories do you have? Were you a happy child?

crc21209
11-27-2010, 02:18 AM
Today's game was just really weird. Both teams were very sloppy throughout and you could tell the one team who went cold in the 4th for a couple minutes would lose...too bad it was the Spurs who were that team...:td