PDA

View Full Version : Udoka is a disease!!

peskypesky
11-27-2010, 02:11 AM
What the fuck? What the fuck? What the FUCK is Ime Udoka doing on this team? He's the kiss of death.

Hey, he might be the nicest guy in the world, but seriously, Pop, get him the fuck off the Spurs. This is two straight games where his mere presence has turned the Spurs into shit. Caca. Merde.

ARRGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang

TJastal
11-27-2010, 02:18 AM
What happened in the 4:56 that he played that turned the spurs into shit?

jjktkk
11-27-2010, 02:20 AM
???

peskypesky
11-27-2010, 02:28 AM
What happened in the 4:56 that he played that turned the spurs into shit?

i see reading comprehension isn't your strong point.

ElNono
11-27-2010, 02:30 AM
He's been giving shot-selection classes to Tony...

mystargtr34
11-27-2010, 02:34 AM
Spurs fans should know Pop is only comfortable with proven NBA players... Ime Udoka has proven himself numerous times to be a shitty NBA player.

TJastal
11-27-2010, 02:45 AM
He's been giving shot-selection classes to Tony...

lol he didn't even take a shot against the mavs.... he took 2 shots against the wolves. This is enough for you to judge him?

TJastal
11-27-2010, 02:48 AM
Spurs fans should know Pop is only comfortable with proven NBA players... Ime Udoka has proven himself numerous times to be a shitty NBA player.

Ahh, a mystargtr34 sighting in the thread. Whose opinion is about as highly valued as the generic toilet paper i use to wipe my ass.

jjktkk
11-27-2010, 03:36 AM
Ahh, a mystargtr34 sighting in the thread. Whose opinion is about as highly valued as the generic toilet paper i use to wipe my ass.

What does that say about you that you use generic toilet paper? :lol

ElNono
11-27-2010, 03:39 AM
lol he didn't even take a shot against the mavs.... he took 2 shots against the wolves. This is enough for you to judge him?

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/3/tumblr_l6gllpbyn41qzzw5do1_400.jpg

TJastal
11-27-2010, 03:43 AM
What does that say about you that you use generic toilet paper? :lol

Well, maybe for starters because I'm not independantly wealthy. And that I don't have hemorrhoidal issues.. sorry if you do.

Zero_Twilight
11-27-2010, 08:35 AM
Normally, I wouldn't knock on a player for a few minutes and especially a player who I thought did a good job. Udoka was our answer for Bonzie Wells. Remember that guy who used to give us troubles?

However, I don't know what it is but I started getting bad vibes the moment Udoka stepped onto the court in that Timberwolves game. It was like a jinx or a curse or something. It's like falling back into a bad habit after you've kicked it. You know, that depressing feeling because you gave into weakness?

I'm all for getting some size in that SF position but it's starting to feel like preseason and team chemistry has left the building.

I could just be talking out of my ass. Maybe the guys are a little tired and had a little too much Turkey? We'll see..

TJastal
11-27-2010, 08:47 AM
Normally, I wouldn't knock on a player for a few minutes and especially a player who I thought did a good job. Udoka was our answer for Bonzie Wells. Remember that guy who used to give us troubles?

However, I don't know what it is but I started getting bad vibes the moment Udoka stepped onto the court in that Timberwolves game. It was like a jinx or a curse or something. It's like falling back into a bad habit after you've kicked it. You know, that depressing feeling because you gave into weakness?

I'm all for getting some size in that SF position but it's starting to feel like preseason and team chemistry has left the building.

I could just be talking out of my ass. Maybe the guys are a little tired and had a little too much Turkey? We'll see..

So if Udoka is that naughty little cigarette we snuck in the garage, then Bonner must be the night we got totally wasted and thrown in the tank for DUI. :lol

In all seriousness I think if there has been a "curse" placed on the spurs its Greg Popovich for being such a stubborn tool and keeping guys like Bonner around and overplaying them.

Zero_Twilight
11-27-2010, 09:11 AM
So if Udoka is that naughty little cigarette we snuck in the garage, then Bonner must be the night we got totally wasted and thrown in the tank for DUI. :lol

In all seriousness I think if there has been a "curse" placed on the spurs its Greg Popovich for being such a stubborn tool and keeping guys like Bonner around and overplaying them.

Sorry, I fail to understand your humor. Or it was just so funny I forgot to laugh or so funny I could punch your throat....

In all seriousness, if Bonner was so bad...he wouldn't be here.

I like Matt. He's the type of guy I'd like to have on my team. He's no Michael Jordan, but how many people are? He's that guy who will play his heart out and someone you can depend on - on and off the court.

Do you think anyone can shoot 7 for 7 from the three point line? Do you think NBA teams recognize this and making sure that Matt isn't left alone on the perimeter? Do you think Matt luring bigs out can open space for guys like Manu, Tony, and George to find an open lane? How many guys can guard Tim 1 on 1? Do you wonder why Pop is the coach and not you?

Those are questions you and others can ponder who think getting rid of Bonner is a good idea.

Now excuse me while I go out and buy a Bonner jersey.

TJastal
11-27-2010, 10:26 AM
Sorry, I fail to understand your humor. Or it was just so funny I forgot to laugh or so funny I could punch your throat....

I like Matt. He's the type of guy I'd like to have on my team. He's no Michael Jordan, but how many people are? He's that guy who will play his heart out and someone you can depend on - on and off the court.

Do you think anyone can shoot 7 for 7 from the three point line? Do you think NBA teams recognize this and making sure that Matt isn't left alone on the perimeter? Do you think Matt luring bigs out can open space for guys like Manu, Tony, and George to find an open lane? How many guys can guard Tim 1 on 1? Do you wonder why Pop is the coach and not you?

Those are questions you and others can ponder who think getting rid of Bonner is a good idea.

Problem with Bonner is he chokes in big games, like the one last night. We have seen this over and over and over. Teams don't even bother guarding him when he's in choke mode, they just let him shoot and collect the rebound. Sorry if I'm not satisfied with keeping a legit 7 foot multi-talented big chained to the bench so Pop can get his rocks off watching Bonner bricking 3's.

TJastal
11-27-2010, 10:28 AM
Oh, and excuse me while I go buy a new Udoka jersey jerkwad.

8FOR!3
11-27-2010, 10:31 AM
lol, maybe I'm still not over once having Bogans on our team, but it seems like Udoka can at least defend people. And he seems fairly quick, unlike Bobby Simmons.

8FOR!3
11-27-2010, 10:31 AM
Problem with Bonner is he chokes in big games, like the one last night. We have seen this over and over and over. Teams don't even bother guarding him when he's in choke mode, they just let him shoot and collect the rebound. Sorry if I'm not satisfied with keeping a legit 7 foot multi-talented big chained to the bench so Pop can get his rocks off watching Bonner bricking 3's.

I wonder how much he choked hitting that three towards the end of OT against Minnesota...

yavozerb
11-27-2010, 10:36 AM
I have absolutely no problem with udoka getting 5-10 minutes a game cause he is usually plays very smart and seems to more good things than bad.

ChuckD
11-27-2010, 11:30 AM
With Anderson out, Udoka can save Manu 15-20 minutes a week banging with bigger SFs.

Chomag
11-27-2010, 11:51 AM
With Anderson out, Udoka can save Manu 15-20 minutes a week banging with bigger SFs.

Or with Anderson out of Pop's mind for so long we may never see much of him again this season.

I'll admit it could be that I'm just nervous over Anderson being out for so long early in the season. It's hard enough for a rookie to stay in Pop's favor especially when he has his old vets with corporate knowledge let alone to not even be able to be around to change his mind.

Then again Pop could surprise us all. He has seemed to lighten up on his rookie treatment a bit like he has done with Splitter. Oh wait...

Mel_13
11-27-2010, 12:00 PM
Or with Anderson out of Pop's mind for so long we may never see much of him again this season.

I'll admit it could be that I'm just nervous over Anderson being out for so long early in the season. It's hard enough for a rookie to stay in Pop's favor especially when he has his old vets with corporate knowledge let alone to not even be able to be around to change his mind.

Then again Pop could surprise us all. He has seemed to lighten up on his rookie treatment a bit like he has done with Splitter. Oh wait...

Anderson has the same injury as Beaubois. The latest projections are that Beaubois might be able to play about 4 months after surgery. Putting Anderson on that timetable has him missing more than 50 games and coming back in March.

Someone has to fill that spot on the roster and in the rotation. There are ample reasons to have doubts about Udoka, but concern about Anderson's playing time really isn't one of them.

jjktkk
11-27-2010, 02:40 PM
anderson has the same injury as beaubois. The latest projections are that beaubois might be able to play about 4 months after surgery. Putting anderson on that timetable has him missing more than 50 games and coming back in march.

Someone has to fill that spot on the roster and in the rotation. There are ample reasons to have doubts about udoka, but concern about anderson's playing time really isn't one of them.

+1.

DieHardSpursFan1537
11-27-2010, 02:49 PM

Yeah, all the hating for Bonner has been a little harsh. I know I've been hating on him recently, but he's still a good player that can hit 3's.

Still though. Bonner does lack defense at times and can be a ballhog.

DieHardSpursFan1537
11-27-2010, 02:50 PM
Hopefully when Anderson returns, they can get rid of Udoka's ass once and for all.

Dex
11-27-2010, 03:14 PM
Spurs are a .500 team since signing Udoka. Coincidence?

Seriously though, we should probably wait until the guy starts getting minutes and actually fucking up before we start chucking rotten fruit and vegetables.

TJastal
11-27-2010, 03:20 PM
Spurs are a .500 team since signing Udoka. Coincidence?

Seriously though, we should probably wait until the guy starts getting minutes and actually fucking up before we start chucking rotten fruit and vegetables.

Why change a tradition around here? Start chucking those tomaters and bell peppers....

LeCrab
11-27-2010, 03:39 PM
Th reason people don't like udoka is because udoka plus bonner on the floor at the same time = disaster.. just like bonner bogans mason

8FOR!3
11-27-2010, 03:45 PM
Th reason people don't like udoka is because udoka plus bonner on the floor at the same time = disaster.. just like bonner bogans mason

Are you saying you don't like Budoka?!

TJastal
11-27-2010, 03:46 PM

Well that's an easy one to solve, just start playing the 7 footer instead of Bonner, no more problem!

:rollin

Spursone
11-27-2010, 04:03 PM
Bottom line, Udoka is just a CARCASS you put in to give guys a rest. He knows the system and plays a role. Now if we have to DEPEND on him, then we are in trouble!

GO SPURS GO!

UnWantedTheory
11-27-2010, 07:05 PM
Bottom line, Udoka is just a CARCASS you put in to give guys a rest. He knows the system and plays a role. Now if we have to DEPEND on him, then we are in trouble!

GO SPURS GO!

Johnny RIngo
11-27-2010, 08:18 PM

Pretty much. I couldn't care less if Pop wants to give Udoka playing time in a blowout against a lottery team but he should NOT be getting any minutes in a close game against the Mavs.

my2sons
11-27-2010, 10:31 PM
Can't bitch 'bout bonner so they pick on the 13th,14th,15th guy on the bench....Talk about being spoiled over the years.....I remember when negele knight and sleepy floyd started for this team....

peskypesky
11-28-2010, 12:30 AM
Pretty much. I couldn't care less if Pop wants to give Udoka playing time in a blowout against a lottery team but he should NOT be getting any minutes in a close game against the Mavs.

exactly. i nominate you for coach.

LeCrab
11-28-2010, 03:59 PM
Anyone notice how bad the spurs have been since udoka came back... probably just a coincidence

toki9
11-28-2010, 04:03 PM
Can't bitch 'bout bonner so they pick on the 13th,14th,15th guy on the bench....Talk about being spoiled over the years.....I remember when negele knight and sleepy floyd started for this team....

Wow, that's going back some years...Knight was the guy from UVA, right? Had ankle problems? Those were the (sucky) days...

FkLA
12-01-2010, 11:45 PM
Udoka needs to gtfo tbh

there's nothing worse than a sorry ass player not knowing his limitations, and Udoka clearly does not know his...he's a disaster waiting to happen everytime he touches the ball. i'd rather have that white ball boy that played against NO get minutes over Udoka.

DAF86
12-01-2010, 11:54 PM
Udoka is a fucking cancer, I'm sure that we would be winning this game against the Clippers at halftime if it wasn't for him. We were up 38-30 and he screwed like 3 or 4 offensive possesions in a row. Fuck Pop for playing this scrub.

Trainwreck2100
12-02-2010, 12:14 AM
fuckin play splitter at the 3 before this guy man damn

MANUUU
12-02-2010, 01:06 AM
whoa, that's weird. i SERIOUSLY thought putting him on the floor ruined our flow. get him off the team!

Spurologist
12-02-2010, 01:08 AM
what you talking about.....Udoka was at +1 with 1 assist

Spurs Brazil
12-02-2010, 12:07 PM
Udoka was already done in 2008, WHY THE HELL BRING HIM BACK???????

SenorSpur
12-02-2010, 12:21 PM
Is there a player on this team that gets his shot blocked more than Udoka?

TJastal
12-02-2010, 12:23 PM
Hey I think I get how to play this game.

I blame Ime for Jefferson giving up 3 wide open 3's in the span of a minute to Rasual Butler and also for Matt Bonner not being able to guard Blake Griffin. And of course I blame Ime that Neal can't play defense and nobody could contain Baron Davis from getting into the paint.

Am I doing this right?

TwelveGs210
12-02-2010, 06:38 PM
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m174/12gs210/FUCKUDOKA-1.jpg

Rummpd
12-03-2010, 12:23 PM
As a clinician "Udokaitis" is not only unpronounceable but hard to stomach as the predictable tendency when James Anderson comes back - will be for Pop to put the old guy on the floor over the potential >>>> upside of JA and if Udoka takes minutes from Neal that is simply clinically insane based on what we have seen of that savy pickup so far.

DAF86
12-03-2010, 01:01 PM
Hey I think I get how to play this game.

I blame Ime for Jefferson giving up 3 wide open 3's in the span of a minute to Rasual Butler and also for Matt Bonner not being able to guard Blake Griffin. And of course I blame Ime that Neal can't play defense and nobody could contain Baron Davis from getting into the paint.

Am I doing this right?

No, you just point out the many facets on which Udoka sucks at basketball, it's not that hard really: Shooting, defense, beign tall, shooting, dribling, jumping ability, shooting, quickness, passing, shooting, etc.

mazerrackham
12-03-2010, 06:08 PM
I don't want Udoka on this team anymore than any of you, but this all seems blown out of proportion. We don't really have anyone to back up the SF position except for playing Manu there, and people are already complaining about his extended minutes this season. Therefore, I don't mind playing Udoka just a little bit until we get Anderson back. If Udoka is still around when Anderson returns, then we can pull out the cannons and launch the rotten fruit at him...

TJastal
12-03-2010, 06:13 PM
No, you just point out the many facets on which Udoka sucks at basketball, it's not that hard really: Shooting, defense, beign tall, shooting, dribling, jumping ability, shooting, quickness, passing, shooting, etc.

Udoka plays good defense. Not a particularily great shooter, passer, or dribbler, but he is quick, agile, and isn't nailed to the floor. My guess is he'll get better once he gets a few games under his belt.

Sean Cagney
12-03-2010, 07:57 PM

GO SPURS GO!

He will get more minutes than he should and he will be a problem as long as Pop is tempted to play him like he did Fins or Bonner :depressed:ihit. Pop sees the bums and can't help himself, and yes it will be a problem. I wish we had a guy to throw in there to spell others who actually could do something or GODS SAKES (PLEASE get well Anderson).
Udoka plays good defense. Not a particularily great shooter, passer, or dribbler, but he is quick, agile, and isn't nailed to the floor. My guess is he'll get better once he gets a few games under his belt.

He wasn't last year nor when he was here before, so why would he get better with games under his belt now? I disagree on good defense too, he got roasted a few times here on the regular.

45 bank shot
12-03-2010, 09:34 PM
Can't agree more

Nathan89
12-03-2010, 09:41 PM
I hate that we picked up Udoka. I can't think of one thing he does well.

loveforthegame
12-03-2010, 09:45 PM
Finley on his worst nights was never this bad.