PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Marathon...

Darrin
11-27-2010, 04:50 PM
Spike TV is showing all the Star Wars movies again. It got me thinking about it again and I felt the urge to share.

I think Anakin lacks a basic understanding of how the world works. He wants to be the best Jedi, to have Padme, and to control both of those areas of his life. He cannot cheat death if Padme is to die.

I would've resigned the Order the moment I decided to marry Padme. My love for her would conquer even being considered "the Chosen One." Star Wars can still put him in the suit as he learns of this power and chooses to learn the powers of the Sith. She is still a Senator and so she would still be in the politics of the war. Anakin would still be able to have a relationship with Palpatine.

The way he did these things--trying to lead the Jedi and be married--made him immoral before he made the decision to kill Windu. Also, by being manipulated by Palpantine, he looks weak and immature.

Bottom line: Anakin should've left the Jedi Order.

koriwhat
11-27-2010, 04:52 PM
boo...nerd movies!

Cuppycake Gumdrop
11-28-2010, 09:25 AM
Spike TV is showing all the Star Wars movies again. It got me thinking about it again and I felt the urge to share.

I think Anakin lacks a basic understanding of how the world works. He wants to be the best Jedi, to have Padme, and to control both of those areas of his life. He cannot cheat death if Padme is to die.

I would've resigned the Order the moment I decided to marry Padme. My love for her would conquer even being considered "the Chosen One." Star Wars can still put him in the suit as he learns of this power and chooses to learn the powers of the Sith. She is still a Senator and so she would still be in the politics of the war. Anakin would still be able to have a relationship with Palpatine.

The way he did these things--trying to lead the Jedi and be married--made him immoral before he made the decision to kill Windu. Also, by being manipulated by Palpantine, he looks weak and immature.

Bottom line: Anakin should've left the Jedi Order.

http://4chanarchive.org/images/co/20735287/1287882644443.jpg

z0sa
11-28-2010, 10:33 AM
Star Trek >>>> Star Wars

BlackSwordsMan
11-28-2010, 12:28 PM
The new trilogy sucks ass and you put too much thought into it. George lucas obviously stole a script for the original trilogy and tried to milk the franchise making flop after flop from the new trilogy to the animated show and movie.

BlackSwordsMan
11-28-2010, 12:28 PM
but darth maul was cool

Trainwreck2100
11-28-2010, 08:08 PM
The new trilogy sucks ass and you put too much thought into it. George lucas obviously stole a script for the original trilogy and tried to milk the franchise making flop after flop from the new trilogy to the animated show and movie.

not to mention he lucked out on the badass named harrison ford

KapitanTutan
11-28-2010, 08:37 PM
boo...nerd movies!

arent calf tats fucking nerdy in a way?

ohmwrecker
11-28-2010, 10:54 PM
I love lamp.

Darrin
11-28-2010, 11:33 PM
Star Trek >>>> Star Wars

I think both are overrated, in my opinion. The fans of Star Trek have always emphasized the series for its Science Fiction elements and not for its thought-provoking problems. Because of that, it's difficult to get anything good out of Trek anymore. The fans in Star Wars...ten-times worse than in Trek. They are role-playing and seem happy with a character showing up, having him do nothing, and then making up a reason for why George Lucas is a genius for including a new alien.

DMX7
11-29-2010, 12:11 AM
Star Wars is not overrated.