PDA

View Full Version : Why the Mavs have no legitamite shot at a title..

mfanatic
11-27-2010, 10:32 PM
Realistically, I'm not trying to bash or anything, but really, no other teams have a shot except for the Spurs and the Jazz. Let me explain.

Obviously the Lakers are the team to beat to get the the Finals, let's say the playoffs are:

Lakers
Spurs
Jazz
Hornets
Mavs
Thunder
Blazers
Suns

Ok, let's eliminate the Suns, no Amare, no size, it's pretty obvious. LA in 5-6.

Blazers, interesting, but realistically, just not unhealthy enough, which is a shame.

Thunder, will give them a fighting chance, but last year was so much hype and emotion, only true basketball fans will agree. Plus, no size inside at all.

Hornets, nice, but NO SG to challenge Kobe on the other end, plus two 6'8 forwards will not get you anywhere against Bynum, Gasol and Odom.

Mavs, I like the Mavs, but, when it really counts, do you think a 38 year old Kidd can guard Kobe? Or, 6'2 Jason Terry? They just have no shot at Kobe.

Jazz, I LOVE the jazz, Bell can defend Kobe, once they get Okur back, he stretches, and Jefferson goes back to his 4 position. Like there chances.

Spurs, if Pop gets his head out of his ass and plays Tiago along Duncan, they have a chance, if not, a 6'8 Bonner will not get it done.

:flag:

Trainwreck2100
11-27-2010, 10:41 PM
they have no legit second option

j.dizzle
11-27-2010, 10:54 PM
LOL Spurfan just mad that Dallas ended their win streak..I really hope SA/Dallas meet in the playoffs again, that shit is fun to watch

Grey Spurfan
11-27-2010, 11:09 PM
LOL Spurfan just mad that Dallas ended their win streak..I really hope SA/Dallas meet in the playoffs again, that shit is fun to watch

How long is the Fakers win streak? Oh that's right, YOU DON'T HAVE ONE!!! :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao0 game win streak:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lma o

Giuseppe
11-27-2010, 11:10 PM
LOL Spurfan just mad that Dallas ended their win streak.

In San Antonio no less.

tee, hee.

sefant77
11-27-2010, 11:10 PM
No one guarding Kobe?

Maybe check last years boxscores when Marion played Bryant.

idiot

jason54858
11-27-2010, 11:12 PM
Realistically, I'm not trying to bash or anything, but really, no other teams have a shot except for the Spurs and the Jazz. Let me explain.

Obviously the Lakers are the team to beat to get the the Finals, let's say the playoffs are:

Lakers
Spurs
Jazz
Hornets
Mavs
Thunder
Blazers
Suns

Ok, let's eliminate the Suns, no Amare, no size, it's pretty obvious. LA in 5-6.

Blazers, interesting, but realistically, just not unhealthy enough, which is a shame.

Thunder, will give them a fighting chance, but last year was so much hype and emotion, only true basketball fans will agree. Plus, no size inside at all.

Hornets, nice, but NO SG to challenge Kobe on the other end, plus two 6'8 forwards will not get you anywhere against Bynum, Gasol and Odom.

Mavs, I like the Mavs, but, when it really counts, do you think a 38 year old Kidd can guard Kobe? Or, 6'2 Jason Terry? They just have no shot at Kobe.

Jazz, I LOVE the jazz, Bell can defend Kobe, once they get Okur back, he stretches, and Jefferson goes back to his 4 position. Like there chances.

Spurs, if Pop gets his head out of his ass and plays Tiago along Duncan, they have a chance, if not, a 6'8 Bonner will not get it done.

:flag:r

You know, it doesn't really matter if the Spurs and Jazz have shot to win it all. Cause there not, so... whats your point?

mystargtr34
11-27-2010, 11:29 PM
Dallas has had quite a few 'impressive' wins so far... and a tough schedule in general.

Miami
@ San Antonio
@ Oklahoma
@ Atlanta
New Orleans
Boston
@ Denver

They are a little under rated at this point IMO.. Chandler has really helped them on both ends. They are probably the only team in the league that can match up with the Lakers in terms of size.. other than Boston.. but i think they will have to trade for a legit second option to have a real shot at a title.

Lukor
11-27-2010, 11:33 PM
Dallas has had quite a few 'impressive' wins so far... and a tough schedule in general.

Miami
@ San Antonio
@ Oklahoma
@ Atlanta
New Orleans
Boston
@ Denver

They are a little under rated at this point IMO.. Chandler has really helped them on both ends. They are probably the only team in the league that can match up with the Lakers in terms of size.. other than Boston.. but i think they will have to trade for a legit second option to have a real shot at a title.

That's nothing new. Butler was supposed to be the 2nd option but he sucks ass(except tonight). The Mavs have some assets to make a midseason trade though. Or there's a small chance Roddy comes back and morphs into French Jesus. Either way it's obvious you can't win in the playoffs with Terry as your 2nd best scorer.

LkrFan
11-27-2010, 11:39 PM
I agree that they don't have a shot - especially if my Lakers are healthy - but it is not as bad as people think. J Kidd can control a game without scoring. He is not the defender he once was but he is probably still the best defensive PG in the WC. Who's better - DWill? TP? CP? Westbrook? Kidd is a better defender than all of them.

Take a look at last night's game against SAS:

5/9 for 12 pts, 6 rebs, 6 assists, and a +8. Not great, but adequate. But look at TP - who was 4/12. Why? Defense

Look at tonight's game against the Hype:

1/5 for 5 meager points, 8 rebs, 13 assists, and another impressive +11.

Kidd has been doing this his whole career. Sure he's lost a step and never could really shoot, but again he can control a game without scoring much. If Butler could get his shit together consistently they could make some noise.

TD 21
11-27-2010, 11:59 PM
I agree that the Mavs have no legit shot, but the Jazz don't, either.

I'd be surprised if the Lakers, Spurs or Celtics don't win the championship. The only other team I could see winning it, is the Heat. I said from day one that it would take them a year, but with arguably the two best players in the game (even though they're not playing like it right now), I can't completely rule them out, despite their struggles and obvious deficiencies.

The Magic and Mavs have the exact same flaw that prohibits them from being on this list: the lack of a go-to perimeter scorer. Until or unless either get's this without gutting their team, I don't care how good their defense is, or what type of numbers Howard or Nowitzki put up. They're not championship material.

Jacob1983
11-28-2010, 12:11 AM
Serious question, why would a Spurs fan root for the Heat?

I hate to break it to Spurs fans, but I don't see Stern letting the Spurs get to the Finals in 2011. The NBA is on the verge of imploding mainly because the league is full of divas and bitches and Stern is a dickhead who acts like a dictator on a power trip. He can't risk the negative impact of the Spurs in the 2011 Finals. On paper, the Spurs would be a big contender to get to the Finals because they're surprisingly good and have talent but Stern is the boss. And yes, Stern probably wouldn't let the Mavs get back to the Finals either because of his hatred of Cuban and his love West Coast/East Coast teams.

Pelicans78
11-28-2010, 12:12 AM
Mavs are a deep team. If I had to find a spot they could improve, it would be finding a scoring SG to take the load off of Dirk.

sefant77
11-28-2010, 12:15 AM
Mavs are a deep team. If I had to find a spot they could improve, it would be finding a scoring SG to take the load off of Dirk.

Backup PG like J.Jack

Butler+crap for Iggy

Pelicans78
11-28-2010, 12:17 AM
Backup PG like J.Jack

Butler+crap for Iggy

Iggy isn't the answer. He's not a true scorer and a poor perimeter shooter. Someone like a Jason Richardson would help more. He can flat out score. Iggy can't. Mavs already play good defense. They don't need another good defender like Iggy.

sribb43
11-28-2010, 12:52 AM
I tired of hearing the mavs need that spare iggy. He is not a legit SG, more of a SF

Trainwreck2100
11-28-2010, 01:31 AM
Serious question, why would a Spurs fan root for the Heat?

I hate to break it to Spurs fans, but I don't see Stern letting the Spurs get to the Finals in 2011. The NBA is on the verge of imploding mainly because the league is full of divas and bitches and Stern is a dickhead who acts like a dictator on a power trip. He can't risk the negative impact of the Spurs in the 2011 Finals. On paper, the Spurs would be a big contender to get to the Finals because they're surprisingly good and have talent but Stern is the boss. And yes, Stern probably wouldn't let the Mavs get back to the Finals either because of his hatred of Cuban and his love West Coast/East Coast teams.

this is the only year non superstar teams have a shot at fair reffing cause Stern doesn't want the league to make too much money so he can use that as leverage when they go to the table this year

Mav-elous Man
11-28-2010, 02:08 AM

Lakers
Spurs
Jazz
Hornets
Mavs
Thunder
Blazers
Suns

While it is true that quicker PG's have given us problems in the past, this year they haven't hurt us as much. They still sting us, but not as much. Main reason being defense... Zone defense. This takes advantage of our length in the middle by keeping Chandler and Haywood around the basket and allows a concerted team effort instead of man to man to keep these PG's out of the lane. So Kidd and Terry don't have to keep these guards out of the lane, just simply play their zones and play them well.

And to be honest with you, San Antonio and Utah have no better chance than anyone else to beat the Lakers. Everybody has weaknesses that can be exploited including the Spurs who have now turned into a primarily jump shooting team. Live by the 3, die by the 3. As a Mavs fan, trust me, I know. When the playoffs come and that gets taken away, then what? Timmy ain't no spring chicken.

jestersmash
11-28-2010, 05:00 AM

Miami
@ San Antonio
@ Oklahoma
@ Atlanta
New Orleans
Boston
@ Denver

Actually, I don't quite agree with your list.

I bolded the only "impressive" wins the Mavs have had as of recent.

Mike-in-brazil
11-28-2010, 08:40 AM
How long is the Fakers win streak? Oh that's right, YOU DON'T HAVE ONE!!! :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao0 game win streak:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:

no we have championship streaks!! something you may not understand!!

fail thread.....mavs showed little bit of strenth last night and a thread gets created to discredit!!!

good win mavs....may u keep building season still early:toast

sefant77
11-28-2010, 09:11 AM
0 rings bitches!

ogait
11-28-2010, 09:19 AM
If the reasoning for the Mavs not standing a chance against the Lakers is guarding Kobe then that automatically disqualifies the Spurs as well.

Matching up against Gasol, Odom and Bynum is the greatest challenge for anyone trying to beat them, not guarding Kobe.
Having a guy like Dirk drawing one of LA bigs away from the basket preventing them to crash the boards as they do would be an interesting challenge.

About Kobe, chances of beating the Lakers increase drastically if Kobe goes into chuck mode. If he goes really hot there's not much you can do but Shawn Marion can give him a tough time for some stretches.

Tbh it's kind of sad that the Dirk Mavs never faced the Lakers in post season, I would like to see how that goes, instead of Spurs-Mavs every year.

dunkman
11-28-2010, 09:21 AM
They may have the required talent, but Carlesli never passed the conference finals. And he coached some very good teams (if I recall right the Pacers with J. O'Neal, T-Wolfs with KG, Pistons and now the Mavs).

Giuseppe
11-28-2010, 09:23 AM
Main reason being defense... Zone defense.

I cringed at the sight last evening. I was ashamed for you.

ohmwrecker
11-28-2010, 12:15 PM
Don't get ahead of yourself, son. The Spurs are not in the conversation with Boston and LA.

Take a peep at the standings, retard.

MavFan6488
11-28-2010, 12:24 PM
threads like these prove the mavs are back on the championship radar again..

Dave Mustaine
11-28-2010, 12:53 PM

cool decemeber championship

spurfans are full of double standards. what a bunch of faggots.

Mike-in-brazil
11-28-2010, 12:56 PM

what does the standings on nov28th from oct28th( season start date) tells us?

answer with basketball talk
I know this is spurstalk ,but dayum dont take it literal ..lol

Ginobilly
11-28-2010, 02:38 PM
what does the standings on nov28th from oct28th( season start date) tells us?

answer with basketball talk
I know this is spurstalk ,but dayum dont take it literal ..lol

But the reason you have to include the Spurs along with the Lakers and Boston is because the Spurs have been there, done that. They know what it takes to win a championship. Mavs, Hornets, Magic, Heat, Jazz, not so much. We already slept with the prettiest girl in the school and we believe we could sleep with her again. Those other teams are still trying to get to first base.(except heat)

TD 21
11-28-2010, 06:21 PM
Don't get ahead of yourself, son. The Spurs are not in the conversation with Boston and LA.

I don't base my opinion off of media hype, son.

And I'm not getting ahead of myself. I said the same thing before the season.

Mike-in-brazil
11-28-2010, 07:30 PM
But the reason you have to include the Spurs along with the Lakers and Boston is because the Spurs have been there, done that. They know what it takes to win a championship. Mavs, Hornets, Magic, Heat, Jazz, not so much. We already slept with the prettiest girl in the school and we believe we could sleep with her again. Those other teams are still trying to get to first base.(except heat)

yes , although she dropped her panties for magic and mavs ..they just went limp !!

yeah correct ,but for anyone to base anything 4 weeks deep into season with standings is crazy!!!come april to other girls named AGE and INJURY starts to flirt with us....and lately.Spurs have been falling for her.....so watch it!!!

.....now i am impressed with spurs 4th rallys...good team ball

Mike-in-brazil
11-28-2010, 09:06 PM
gesssus i said to and not two...i will never use an iphone in here again....lol

Budkin
11-28-2010, 09:57 PM
Dallas has the talent, the problem is that under playoff pressure they fold like a beach chair.

11-28-2010, 10:06 PM
if chandler keeps playing like this, i would not want the spurs to meet them in the playoffs.

Jacob1983
11-28-2010, 10:39 PM
It all depends on Stern's mood.

Cessation
11-29-2010, 01:55 AM
I'd love to see mavs and lakers face of before taking on the spurs, they both got length that would give us trouble. It would be awsome for mavs to take out the lakers, perfect scenario. Then of course spurs finish of the already tired mavs. cool story bro

Giuseppe
11-29-2010, 05:44 AM
I'd love to see mavs and lakers face of before taking on the spurs, they both got length that would give us trouble. It would be awsome for mavs to take out the lakers, perfect scenario. Then of course spurs finish of the already tired mavs. cool story bro

Ya chickenshit, you.

Koolaid_Man
11-29-2010, 06:22 AM

Lakers
Spurs
Jazz
Hornets
Mavs
Thunder
Blazers
Suns

I simply thought it was because Cuban was cross-eyed...:rollin

rayjayjohnson
11-29-2010, 06:29 AM
i hate to be a fanboy, but do you actually think the nuggs won't make the playoffs?

Leonard Curse
11-29-2010, 08:06 AM
yes , although she dropped her panties for magic and mavs ..they just went limp !!

yeah correct ,but for anyone to base anything 4 weeks deep into season with standings is crazy!!!come april to other girls named AGE and INJURY starts to flirt with us....and lately.Spurs have been falling for her.....so watch it!!!

.....now i am impressed with spurs 4th rallys...good team ball

you dont know facts about the tim duncan era, when we start this way we finish this way, and to be honest when the lakers start shitty in the (kobe era) they dont win rings thats the truth and you know it

Leonard Curse
11-29-2010, 08:10 AM
Ya chickenshit, you.
actually your team admits being scared of us every year so your the chicken shit