PDA

View Full Version : Spurs need a guy like Chandler...

SequSpur
11-27-2010, 10:49 PM
WTF? How many years post Robinson does it take to figure this shit out? I've been knowing it for years now and these dipshits keep getting stiffs like Splitter....

Play him already.....

BTW, bonner getting allstar minutes last night was total bullshit.

NRHector
11-27-2010, 11:02 PM
WTF? How many years post Robinson does it take to figure this shit out? I've been knowing it for years now and these dipshits keep getting stiffs like Splitter....

Play him already.....

BTW, bonner getting allstar minutes last night was total bullshit.amen to that

emanueldavidginobili
11-27-2010, 11:09 PM
If we had chandler our team would be soooooo much better just from him

poop
11-27-2010, 11:17 PM
ive been lifting weights hard bros how is my progress?
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_nGoiIKIkRcU/S6K3G-n1_gI/AAAAAAAAAMA/FyrVsGfv2_4/s400/Rich_Gaspari_2.jpg

rmt
11-27-2010, 11:19 PM

Chandler's a 8.1pts/8.8reb career player. Seems to me Splitter's got more of an all round game and more feel for the game. I think his ceiling is higher if Popovich would

Play him already.....

Ditto. Don't know why Pop's in love with Bonner.

Lukor
11-27-2010, 11:23 PM
Chandler's a 8.1pts/8.8reb career player. Seems to me Splitter's got more of an all round game and more feel for the game. I think his ceiling is higher if Popovich would

WHat? You guys are seriously overrating Splitter.He's certainly not as good as Chandler right now. Splitter will start sooner or later, but you shouldn't expect him to be more than a roleplayer right now.

spurs1990
11-27-2010, 11:24 PM
We can't compete in asset warfare with Dallas.

They have a billionaire win-at-any-cost owner, and who do we have?

Obstructed_View
11-27-2010, 11:27 PM
Splitter will be better than Chandler, whichever team he ends up with.

Cessation
11-27-2010, 11:34 PM
play splitter already

Sean Cagney
11-27-2010, 11:51 PM

As soon as we resigned him I knew this shyt would happen, some said he is not a starter and will get less mins, buulllll f in shyt, we knew this.

Why are we stuck with that bum? WHY OH WHY? But he hustles and spreadds the floor, if I hear that crap again :bang. I swear in the playoffs or games against teams like Dallas last night he will fade out again and miss most of his shots (It is clockwork).

Andy25
11-27-2010, 11:55 PM
Splitter will be better than Chandler, whichever team he ends up with.
:depressed

Pelicans78
11-28-2010, 12:23 AM
Hornets can trade you guys Pops Mensah-Bonsu. I'm sure the fans would love to have him back. He can get up!

Chomag
11-28-2010, 12:28 AM
Are you kidding? Even if spurs had Hakeem in his prime right now Pop would have him benched because he doesnt shoot a three pointer.

I have no idea what has happned to Pop's mind these past few years but just because a guy is not a three-point shooter does not mean they are not any good.

If we didn't have Timmy right now I wonder if Spurs would even have a post player.:lol

peskypesky
11-28-2010, 12:33 AM
Splitter>Chandler eventually. right now, obviously Chandler is better. But I'm very confident Splitter is going to be that multi-skilled rim-defending big-man that Spurs have lacked for years. well, aside from King Tim, of course.

Ginobilly
11-28-2010, 12:34 AM
Spurs have somebody similar and his name is Splitter. The Miami Heat would trade both their testicles for a guy like Splitter.

Ginobilly
11-28-2010, 12:41 AM
Are you kidding? Even if spurs had Hakeem in his prime right now Pop would have him benched because he doesnt shoot a three pointer.

I have no idea what has happned to Pop's mind these past few years but just because a guy is not a three-point shooter does not mean they are not any good.

If we didn't have Timmy right now I wonder if Spurs would even have a post player.:lol

And the thing that really irritates me and that nobody in the fuckin SA media questions Pop about the whole Splitter/Bonner situation. Are the Spurs turning into heat by banning every journalist who questions Pop about it??? Pop is like that little league coach who favors his son to be in the game even though he sucks and is the weakest link over a better player.

spurs2112
11-28-2010, 12:49 AM
Just out of curiosity, do you guys think the assistant coaches ever tell Pop, hey you should really play Bonner less and Splitter more? Or something along those lines.

rmt
11-28-2010, 12:51 AM
WHat? You guys are seriously overrating Splitter.He's certainly not as good as Chandler right now. Splitter will start sooner or later, but you shouldn't expect him to be more than a roleplayer right now.

Splitter'll never get anywhere close to his ceiling if Pop keeps playing that choker Bonner and doesn't play Splitter. Every time I see Bonner with his arms up, falling backwards while his man abuses him or see Duncan having to cover for him, I get so frustrated.

Playing Splitter all of Bonner's minutes will solve a lot of problems: develop Splitter, save wear and tear on TD, improve the defense and keep Bonner on the bench where he belongs.

Chomag
11-28-2010, 12:59 AM
Just out of curiosity, do you guys think the assistant coaches ever tell Pop, hey you should really play Bonner less and Splitter more? Or something along those lines.

I doubt it with this hand picked yes man staff. There was a reason why PJ was encouraged to leave. Well I don't know about the second part for sure but I do have my own suspicions. PJ was the only assistant Pop has had that would tell him like it is.

spurs2112
11-28-2010, 01:11 AM
I doubt it with this hand picked yes man staff. There was a reason why PJ was encouraged to leave. Well I don't know about the second part for sure but I do have my own suspicions. PJ was the only assistant Pop has had that would tell him like it is.

Yeah, PJ was pretty good IMO. So your saying PJ was forced to leave? I never really heard anything about his departure.

ChuckD
11-28-2010, 01:27 AM

Except they never have, no matter how many pieces Cuban buys. We have a hundred millionaire win at cost owner.

ChuckD
11-28-2010, 01:34 AM

So, shut your fucking trap then. PJ was encouraged to leave for the same reason that all people in the Spurs organization are: to advance and do better. He got a head coaching gig, dumbass. Mike Brown did. Monty Williams did. Presti, Pritchard, and Demps got GM gigs.

jjktkk
11-28-2010, 01:47 AM

:rolleyes

And what exactly has that "billionaire win-at-any-cost owner" won exactly?

Cessation
11-28-2010, 02:08 AM
bonner is pops son

poop
11-28-2010, 02:12 AM
Bonner has the pics of Pop and jaque vaughn in the hot tub so he uses the blackmail leverage to get playing time/contracts.

lefty
11-28-2010, 03:00 AM
LMAO Sequ overreacting

We lose to the Mavs and now we need a Chandler

Did we need a Chandler during the 12 game winning streak?

GTFO

Mav-elous Man
11-28-2010, 03:09 AM
Splitter>Chandler eventually. right now, obviously Chandler is better. But I'm very confident Splitter is going to be that multi-skilled rim-defending big-man that Spurs have lacked for years. well, aside from King Tim, of course.

Spurs fans, I have seen Splitter play. Don't get your hopes up on him. Nice talent but lets be realistic. He will definitely have more of an offensive game than Chandler but I promise you he will be nowhere near as good a defender in the post. Doesn't have the motor Chandler has on the defensive end. Splitter a ball-hawking rim-defender? No. Not saying he will be a scrub just curb your enthusiasm on him.

poop
11-28-2010, 03:10 AM
are you suggesting Sequ is in a fact a card-carrying homos exual, Lefty?

Drewlius
11-28-2010, 03:33 AM
Spurs are sitting at 13-2, even though we are notoriously slow starters. This scared pussy shit needs to stop. We have a very solid team, and a good chance at making a very deep run/winning a championship. Quit crying, be happy you aren't a Wizards or Timberwolves fan.

yavozerb
11-28-2010, 09:13 AM
LMAO Sequ overreacting

We lose to the Mavs and now we need a Chandler

Did we need a Chandler during the 12 game winning streak?

GTFO

I'm sure if the spurs lose today against the hornets we will need a guy like CP3 as well...so stupid :bang

DieHardSpursFan1537
11-28-2010, 10:26 AM
Enough with Chandler. We need Tiago to play more minutes already, and get Matt Bonner out of the fucking game!

Cane
11-28-2010, 10:34 AM
A contract-year and healthy Chandler would be great if we also had a truly consistent elite passer; otherwise he's nowhere near as good of a player as his production skyrockets with an elite passer/playmaker feeding him alley oops and easy looks near the rim. And the Spurs really don't have anyone on the Jason Kidd/CP3 passing/IQ/court vision level...at least on a consistent basis, Manu shows flashes but then throws some boneheaded turnovers. Oh yea Chandler also has to be healthy and in a contract year, the former probably won't last long if his history is of any indication but since its his contract year who knows.

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/11_02/ChrisPaul_468x557.jpg

The more and more you watch the brilliant play of Jason Kidd and even CP3, the more and more you respect them and realize how high of a bball IQ they have.

Makes ya wonder how different the Spurs would've been with Jason Kidd making the Spurs offense so much easier imo but Parker's a fine consolation prize anyway. Kidd and Manu on the same team would be one hell of a highlight reel just on the passing alone though :wow

Trill Clinton
11-28-2010, 10:42 AM
http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx100/MABOcho/dance-on-thread-freepost.gif

easy7
11-28-2010, 10:45 AM
But Bonner spreads the floor and dosen't commit any turnovers... how can you not play a guy like that for 48 minutes? :bang

BlairForceDejuan
11-28-2010, 11:11 AM

Play him already.....

Lies! We only shoot 75 three-pointers a game. Why would we want an actual big man who has post game and is an actual big man defensive presence.

Wilford Brimley
11-28-2010, 11:34 AM
It's one loss, calm down.

emanueldavidginobili
11-28-2010, 01:40 PM
Chandler is a huge Defensive presence and is very good on the glass, pop plays bonner because it gives manu and tp a better oppurtunity for them to slash and score and spreads the floor. IMO blair has to get out of the rotation he is pretty much useless right now Tiago potential is so much better than blairs and we need tiago getting in the starting line up, and then we have bonnner and dice to spread the floor. I see the hustle in blair but hes not helping us

DieHardSpursFan1537
11-28-2010, 02:16 PM
Chandler is a huge Defensive presence and is very good on the glass, pop plays bonner because it gives manu and tp a better oppurtunity for them to slash and score and spreads the floor. IMO blair has to get out of the rotation he is pretty much useless right now Tiago potential is so much better than blairs and we need tiago getting in the starting line up, and then we have bonnner and dice to spread the floor. I see the hustle in blair but hes not helping us
He's nothing like he was last year. Blair is in a slump or somethin'.

emanueldavidginobili
11-28-2010, 02:38 PM
He's nothing like he was last year. Blair is in a slump or somethin'.

well he was a rookie other teams didnt know what he can do, now they have scouting reports and shit on him now

SA210
11-28-2010, 02:47 PM
:pop::pctoss

Frankie23
11-28-2010, 02:51 PM
Splitter rape Chandler and all US bigs in the WC..
He's a rookie, getting in shape.. 15 games so far..

If George Hill or any bench player from the Spurs would be a decent pick and roll player, Splitter would be earning Pop's heart and consideration to start him..