PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Rose shortens Tyreke Evan's lifespan

hitmanyr2k
11-28-2010, 12:45 AM
Ridiculous speed and change of direction :lol

FzFRb2PGxVE

Pelicans78
11-28-2010, 12:49 AM
Bulls will end up with a top 2 seed if Boozer can stay healthy. I really like this team. They do need more shooters.

Red Hawk #21
11-28-2010, 12:50 AM
Bulls>>>>Heat

sribb43
11-28-2010, 01:00 AM
Why was tyreke break dancing??? :lmao

hitmanyr2k
11-28-2010, 01:05 AM
One thing I like about Rose is no matter how spectacular the play is he doesn't showboat, beat his chest, mug for the cameras and all that bullshit. He's just like business as usual.

Red Hawk #21
11-28-2010, 01:11 AM
^^I've noticed that about Rose too, he seems like a pretty humble guy.

bulakenyo
11-28-2010, 01:13 AM
I never totally understood that "shamed forever" mentality about people "breaking ankles" and to a lesser extent, "Posterising" defenders.

To me, I'd be like "Ooh, haha. Well done. Clever, clever stuff."

Or if it were a massive in your face dunk, I'd be more pumped up.

But not something that would make me feel like the defender was shamed forever.

Shit like that happens from time to time. No big deal.

The impact of it is lessened if the guy who made the highlight, lost to the other team.

LeCrab
11-28-2010, 01:17 AM
One thing I like about Rose is no matter how spectacular the play is he doesn't showboat, beat his chest, mug for the cameras and all that bullshit. He's just like business as usual.
He is a spurs type of player welcome to the club this is how it should be done

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCqefcY7lpI

LkrFan
11-28-2010, 01:18 AM
I would love to see the Bulls play the Hype in the playoffs. Thibs will have them young guns ready to roll.

lefty
11-28-2010, 01:20 AM
True

And he is so fucking quick

Technique
11-28-2010, 01:41 AM

That's why you gotta love Rose. Definitely one of my favorite point guards.

Refocus
11-28-2010, 02:02 AM
Rose is such a baller.

poop
11-28-2010, 02:02 AM
that was impressive as shit

MavFan6488
11-28-2010, 09:12 AM
rose has the best crossover in the game, so no surprises here..

Cry Havoc
11-28-2010, 11:38 AM
I never totally understood that "shamed forever" mentality about people "breaking ankles" and to a lesser extent, "Posterising" defenders.

The impact of it is lessened if the guy who made the highlight, lost to the other team.

Have you ever played basketball?

Bukefal
11-29-2010, 01:43 PM

True. I respect him for that. He is quiet, humble, down to earth and just wants to play ball.

j.dizzle
11-29-2010, 01:48 PM

:lol Evans spinning around onthe ground is more impressive then a facial..Any scrub in the NBA can dunk over somebody, you gotta have real talent to throw ppl on the ground like that. Evans was breakdancing on the floor:lmao Rose is too sick

phyzik
11-29-2010, 02:03 PM
Reminded me of when Ginobili broke Stephen Jackson's ankles :lol

xjQ-OhcYVPw

dirk4mvp
11-29-2010, 02:08 PM
:lmao spurfan never passing up a chance to toot their own horn.

Rose >>>> manu

ChrisRichards
11-29-2010, 02:46 PM
CP3>Rose

DJB
11-29-2010, 02:49 PM
:lmao spurfan never passing up a chance to toot their own horn.

Rose >>>> manu

In a tied game with one shot to win it all, do you still feel the same?

dirk4mvp
11-29-2010, 02:55 PM
In a tied game with one shot to win it all, do you still feel the same?

uh yeah I'll take the better player.

DJB
11-29-2010, 03:06 PM

So you'd take Dirk over Manu to lead your team to victory? That's worked out pretty well for Dirk through out his career, huh? :tu

dirk4mvp
11-29-2010, 03:27 PM
So you'd take Dirk over Manu to lead your team to victory?

He's done it infinitely more times than Manu has. Easy selection for anyone who's not a biased spur fan.

jestersmash
11-29-2010, 03:42 PM
He's done it infinitely more times than Manu has. Easy selection for anyone who's not a biased spur fan.

Taking the last shot? Maybe.

Taking clutch shots in general with time winding down? No, it's not so easy actually.

4th quarter or overtime, less than 2 minutes left, neither team ahead by more than 3 points (i.e. "Super clutch" stats) - Point production per 48 minutes -

Ginobili = 56.8 (3rd in the NBA) FG% = 61.9
Nowitzki = 54.1 (4th in the NBA) FG% = 37.0

4th quarter or overtime, less than 5 minutes left, neither team ahead by more than 5 points (i.e. "clutch" stats) - Point production per 48 minutes -

Ginobili = 43.3 (4th in the NBA) FG% = 57.4
Nowitzki = 46.0 (3rd in the NBA) FG% = 42.2

To be fair, you specifically were talking about the "last shot" and you may very well be right. I'd comment on that but I don't have access to those types of statistics at the moment, so this was the best I could do.

As far as taking "clutch" shots in general, Dirk's not as superior as you probably think.

Oh, and in both categories "clutch" and "super clutch" - Ginobili has the highest FG% bar none out of the top 10 in each category.

I'm not saying he's the most clutch player out there, not by a long shot. I'm saying he's not as worthless as you probably think he is.

dirk4mvp
11-29-2010, 03:44 PM
Kobe's numbers usually look pretty average in those watered down lists too. There's a difference between everyone knowing who's taking those clutch shots (Kobe/Dirk) and being some role player who may or may not be taking them.

jestersmash
11-29-2010, 03:47 PM

No offense but this comment has ignorance written all over it. You'd take the better overall player every time for something so situational?

The best overall players aren't always the most clutch players in the game. There's a strong correlation - certainly - but we're talking about an entirely separate category that warrants its own analysis.

Ginobili obviously isn't even close to being a top player in the NBA. He's probably top 50 or 60 in the league today - barely. That said, he's still proven to be more clutch than you might expect from a top 60 player.

jestersmash
11-29-2010, 03:48 PM
Kobe's numbers usually look pretty average in those watered down lists too. There's a difference between everyone knowing who's taking those clutch shots (Kobe/Dirk) and being some role player who may or may not be taking them.

Wrong again.

Kobe's 2nd in those "watered-down" lists. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

Ginobili being a role player isn't even relevant to the point. The numbers are what they are.

Jt.ONE
11-29-2010, 09:31 PM
shortens lifespan

very nice way to put it

DPG21920
11-29-2010, 09:37 PM
That was raw sons. The guards in this league are so sick.

ChuckD
11-29-2010, 09:57 PM

Not in the Finals, he hasn't. :lol

ChuckD
11-29-2010, 10:00 PM

:lmao Please apply for the Laker opening when Phil leaves so that you won't "know" that Ginobili will be taking the last shot.

dirk4mvp
11-30-2010, 12:53 AM
Not in the Finals, he hasn't. :lol

Dirk has led his team to 2 more Finals wins than manu has :lol

dirk4mvp
11-30-2010, 12:54 AM
lol upset manu fan