PDA

View Full Version : Kings-Lakers-2002-game 6

Wennington
11-28-2010, 01:12 PM
Since I'm new here, I'm wondering what people here think about this game. It was one of the best games of the previous era, although obviously mired in controversy.

LcS10rSrOhI
ZlByVWEEXE8
b0KJvlSUB-w

Here are just a few clips from the game, and you can already see a lot of the bad calls in these clips. What do you guys think about this game?

namlook
11-28-2010, 02:04 PM
Bump for an original thread.

Giuseppe
11-28-2010, 02:14 PM
The Kings thought they'd wise guy their way to victory.

Uh, uh.

Red Hawk #21
11-28-2010, 02:17 PM
The Kings thought they'd wise guy their way to victory.

Uh, uh.

Seriously Cubby? I've seen even the most hardcore Laker fans admit this game was fixed.

Giuseppe
11-28-2010, 02:22 PM
Seriously Cubby? I've seen even the most hardcore Laker fans admit this game was fixed.

I never qualify a ring. I simply tote up the cyphers.

The Kings made a conscious decision before these serie(s) started early this century to put their fate in the hands of the officials. Utah did the exact same thing in the mid-80s.

Their regrets are their own.

Wennington
11-28-2010, 02:23 PM
Bump for an original thread.

What do you think about the game?

Hemotivo
11-28-2010, 02:23 PM
:reading

Koolaid_Man
11-28-2010, 04:04 PM
I never qualify a ring. I simply tote up the cyphers.

The Kings made a conscious decision before these serie(s) started early this century to put their fate in the hands of the officials. Utah did the exact same thing in the mid-80s.

Their regrets are their own.

brillant :toast

Koolaid_Man
11-28-2010, 04:04 PM
brilliant

AussieFanKurt
11-28-2010, 05:02 PM
an atrocity

endrity
11-28-2010, 05:05 PM
I think most people here think the game was really badly refereed, and that the Kings would have one ring if it wasn't for that game.

Giuseppe
11-28-2010, 05:09 PM
I think most people here think the game was really badly refereed, and that the Kings would have one ring if it wasn't for that game.

That's why they have a scoreboard, A, & B, they keep it plugged in.

Ashy Larry
11-28-2010, 05:23 PM
one of the worst officiated games ever ...... if there was any game that showed the fix would be in, it would be this one. A Nets-Kings Finals would be horrible for the NBA.

Also, check out that game 5 in which the entire King roster wasn't close to being in foul trouble but Kobe and Shaquille had like 11 fouls between them.

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
11-28-2010, 05:38 PM
Sour grapes game for Lakers haters. They all say this game cost the Kings a championship but I have yet to see how they can prove the Kings win if the 4th quarter fouls aren't called. Lakers had a lead and kept it. Who's to say they wouldn't have made baskets if they weren't fouled? Speculative nonsense, if the dog hadn't have stopped to shit, he would have caught the fox. The non-call on Kobe versus Bibby at the end; Bibby fouled Kobe first. look closely. Mike has his arms around Kobe's waist, holding him down. Bryant was just trying to get free.

Giuseppe
11-28-2010, 05:41 PM
Sour grapes game for Lakers haters. They all say this game cost the Kings a championship but I have yet to see how they can prove the Kings win if the 4th quarter fouls aren't called. Lakers had a lead and kept it. Who's to say they wouldn't have made baskets if they weren't fouled? Speculative nonsense, if the dog hadn't have stopped to shit, he would have caught the fox. The non-call on Kobe versus Bibby at the end; Bibby fouled Kobe first. look closely. Mike has his arms around Kobe's waist, holding him down. Bryant was just trying to get free.

They'd made a concerted effort to come after Bryant in that series, to cut him out, and take his cookie.

Uh, uh.

dunkman
11-28-2010, 06:10 PM
Kobe got a bad burger in a hotel property of the Maloof brothers - that was prior to game 2. He didn't play well various games after that.