PDA

View Full Version : Its a mistake, Lebron needs to go.

LeHeat_Dynasty
11-28-2010, 07:32 PM
Easier said than done I'm sure but whether by choice or not, Lebron IMO needs to go, and I'm saying this because I'm a huge fan of his. I want to see Lebron play his brand of basketball again with the right pieces around him. Cleveland had solid ones but it wasn't always enough and though Miami had a blockbuster summer, it was just a bad script from the scratch. Now maybe I'm just a cynic but I think its safe to say that this is a failed experiment, so Lebron needs to move on with another direction.

"I Can't Defer"

“No, I can’t change my game dramatically and I don’t think he can either,” LeBron said. “It doesn’t make any sense to do that. I’m not going to.” He paused adding: “I’d just be a role player at that point.”

Lebron made a mistake, plain and simple. He doesn't want to follow and he should'nt because he's still the best and most skilled basketball player in the league.

So who goes? Not Wade of course, Miami was and still his team. They have a county named after him and he was the reason the Heat have a championship banner hanging in the rafters. Certainly not Bosh because Bosh is a great second option waiting to happen, I mean you don't see it right now because Wade and Lebron dominates the offensive flow but when given a chance, Bosh is a great second option. His defense is suspect but nonetheless, he's a Pau Gasol type of player waiting to happen.

So this leaves Lebron as the odd man out. Odd in a sense because he's so ridiculously good to play Robin to anyone else in the league. But is there a way around this? I confined that for the Heat to be successful, only one player has to call the shots. Wade is most certainly capable of doing this, he's much more mature than Lebron, but should he? I honestly think he should, he has a championship pedigree, he's older and he's at the stage of his athletic peak.

So how about Lebron? Of course he can. Absolutely! but will Wade allow this to happen? In a few games sure, but in a span of a whole season and into the playoffs? Goodluck with that. Wade will take over and Lebron will try to get his too, and what happens is you have a vicious 1-2 attact from the perimeter with the rest of the team wondering when are they going to get a chance to showcase their end of the deal. Hardly a championship basketball team if you ask me.

I can pretend and say they will eventually mesh as a group but the bigger problem lies in their personalities not with their talents from day one. I just don't see Lebron or Wade allowing one of the other take the driver seat momentarily while the other patiently waits for his turn.

DJB
11-28-2010, 07:35 PM
Nobody cares, we knew it was a failure from the start. Now go back to wherever you came from before LeBron decided to take his "talents" to South Beach. :lol

bostonguy
11-28-2010, 07:41 PM
Easier said than done I'm sure but whether by choice or not, Lebron IMO needs to go, and I'm saying this because I'm a huge fan of his. I want to see Lebron play his brand of basketball again with the right pieces around him. Cleveland had solid ones but it wasn't always enough and though Miami had a blockbuster summer, it was just a bad script from the scratch. Now maybe I'm just a cynic but I think its safe to say that this is a failed experiment, so Lebron needs to move on with another direction.

"I Can't Defer"

“No, I can’t change my game dramatically and I don’t think he can either,” LeBron said. “It doesn’t make any sense to do that. I’m not going to.” He paused adding: “I’d just be a role player at that point.”

Lebron made a mistake, plain and simple. He doesn't want to follow and he should'nt because he's still the best and most skilled basketball player in the league.

So who goes? Not Wade of course, Miami was and still his team. They have a county named after him and he was the reason the Heat have a championship banner hanging in the rafters. Certainly not Bosh because Bosh is a great second option waiting to happen, I mean you don't see it right now because Wade and Lebron dominates the offensive flow but when given a chance, Bosh is a great second option. His defense is suspect but nonetheless, he's a Pau Gasol type of player waiting to happen.

So this leaves Lebron as the odd man out. Odd in a sense because he's so ridiculously good to play Robin to anyone else in the league. But is there a way around this? I confined that for the Heat to be successful, only one player has to call the shots. Wade is most certainly capable of doing this, he's much more mature than Lebron, but should he? I honestly think he should, he has a championship pedigree, he's older and he's at the stage of his athletic peak.

So how about Lebron? Of course he can. Absolutely! but will Wade allow this to happen? In a few games sure, but in a span of a whole season and into the playoffs? Goodluck with that. Wade will take over and Lebron will try to get his too, and what happens is you have a vicious 1-2 attact from the perimeter with the rest of the team wondering when are they going to get a chance to showcase their end of the deal. Hardly a championship basketball team if you ask me.

I can pretend and say they will eventually mesh as a group but the bigger problem lies in their personalities not with their talents from day one. I just don't see Lebron or Wade allowing one of the other take the driver seat momentarily while the other patiently waits for his turn.

On the bold part....

Bosh is NOTHING like Gasol. Gasol>>>>Bosh in every aspect other than jumpshooting. Don't ever compare Bosh to Gasol. That is an insult to Pau.

LkrFan
11-28-2010, 07:41 PM
Link?

LkrFan
11-28-2010, 07:45 PM
On the bold part....

Bosh is NOTHING like Gasol. Gasol>>>>Bosh in every aspect other than jumpshooting. Don't ever compare Bosh to Gasol. That is an insult to Pau.
Sons, this is coming from a Celtic fan. Considering the way the Celtics pushed him around in 2008, this comment puts a smile on my face. :toast

Lukor
11-28-2010, 07:49 PM
We'll give you Haywood and Roddy for Lebron. Thats a starting center and a future superstar pg. You're welcome.

Ace
11-28-2010, 08:25 PM
Sons, this is coming from a Celtic fan. Considering the way the Celtics pushed him around in 2008, this comment puts a smile on my face. :toast
If somebody else's accomplishments puts a smile on your face then your life is as pathetic as I thought.

Ace
11-28-2010, 08:38 PM
The thread is an over reaction for a slow start. This is not a team with core that added pieces but a team with a whole new core. There are many problems with this team but all are fixable.

As for Lebron, if the bump to Spo was intentional, then he should be traded. This Heat team was built to win championships and disrespectful acts like that to the coach won't fly. Spo may be the problem but regardless he is the coach.

LkrFan
11-28-2010, 08:42 PM
If somebody else's accomplishments puts a smile on your face then your life is as pathetic as I thought.
Nope - try again. Pathetic is a man who doesn't honor his bets. :wakeup

Ace
11-28-2010, 08:51 PM
Nope - try again. Pathetic is a man who doesn't honor his bets. :wakeup

Living vicariously through someone who has no idea you exist... Your life is great :tu

TE
11-28-2010, 08:53 PM
With Riley as the coach, you'll succeed.

Don't worry bandwagon fan.

Red Hawk #21
11-28-2010, 08:54 PM
Nobody cares, we knew it was a failure from the start. Now go back to wherever you came from before LeBron decided to take his "talents" to South Beach. :lol

:lmao

/thread

frodo
11-28-2010, 08:56 PM
the triumvirate are not THAT good to begin with. lebron used to take a shitload of FTs when he was the lone star in cleveland but he has to share FTs with another 2 stars now. the refs can't give them thrice the number of FTs each of them used to get the past seasons.

The Refrigerator
11-28-2010, 09:07 PM

:lmao U mad?

Ace
11-28-2010, 09:08 PM
:lmao U mad?

Grey Laker fan asking me if I'm mad? You must be new. Move along peon.

DeadlyDynasty
11-28-2010, 09:38 PM
This only has a little to do with chemistry, and more to do with personnel. The Heat will not be THIS bad all year, but they are horribly inefficient in the post (offensively and defensively), like most Laker fans had pointed out before the season started. What's gonna change that? They already drive the ball and get more FTAs than any team they play, yet they get sodomized in the paint night after night. All I want to know is what's going to transpire over the next 65 games that dramatically shifts those statistics? Second-round fodder looks like their ceiling right now

ChrisRichards
11-28-2010, 09:46 PM
It takes time to build a championship team. I think the trio is capable of winning a title as a team but the success rate is not going to be as quick like Boston's Big 3. See, we're less than 1/4 into the season, they will eventually find their own weaknesses, strengths, what works and what doesn't halfway into the season. I do agree however that there should only be 1 Alpha dog in the team. If I have to choose at this point, I think it shoukd be Wade. He has championship experience and he's no stranger playing with individuals with huge egos (Shaq & Payton).

If Miami wants to win it all, Wade should take charge and disregard Lebron's feelings.

SpursDynasty85
11-28-2010, 09:48 PM
Originally Posted by bostonguy http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/Style_Templates/nba/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4781299#post4781299)
On the bold part....

I think he was referring to the similarities how Pau before the Lakers was considered just a talented guy on a bad team. Just like Bosh. Bosh certainly has the talent to be very good. Its a fair comparison even though Pau is obviously a better player.

ChrisRichards
11-28-2010, 09:57 PM
I mean, who was Gasol before coming to LA? He's just like Bosh IMO.

Ace
11-28-2010, 10:04 PM
This only has a little to do with chemistry, and more to do with personnel. The Heat will not be THIS bad all year, but they are horribly inefficient in the post (offensively and defensively), like most Laker fans had pointed out before the season started. What's gonna change that? They already drive the ball and get more FTAs than any team they play, yet they get sodomized in the paint night after night. All I want to know is what's going to transpire over the next 65 games that dramatically shifts those statistics? Second-round fodder looks like their ceiling right now
On offense chemistry is playing a part but as I said coaching has more to do with that. They don't move the ball and there's no motion. No system offensively or defensively. On D, nobody is in position and to often you see three or four guys leaving guys open due to penetration. In fact I'll post something that Harlem showed me over at realgm here.

Ace
11-28-2010, 10:09 PM
So we've been talking about how Spo sucks and should be fired. Let's back this up with some data.
To all those that aren't yet convinced the Heat have serious coaching issues (cough*HIF*cough): this is for you.

For me, the biggest problem is that the Heat's defense doubles, triples and quadruples players unnecessarily, leaving opposing 3p shooters wide open in the corners, in the process.

This is something for which Pops would kill you with his bare hands. The Spurs NEVER EVER EVER EVER leave open shooters in the corners. They'd rather give up a contested 2 than an open 3. And one might argue their system had some success over the years.

Exhibit 1:

http://imgur.com/NwikR.jpg

Here TJ Ford beats House off the dribble, and the Heat's defense reacts by QUADRUPLE-teaming TJ Ford, leaving Granger and Dunleavy open in the corners. Dunleavy makes a 3 pointer.

Why would you need to QUADRUPLE team TJ Ford is beyond me. One guy should be enough to help House and either take a charge or block/alter Ford's shot.

Exhibit 2:

http://i.imgur.com/ah8KB.jpg

Again, unnecessary triple teaming of Rush opens Posey for a layup. Rush was not in a position to warrant triple-or even double-teaming.

You will notice that the Pacers are playing a small line-up, with Solomon Jones at C, while Spoelstra keeps Z on the court, instead of using the opportunity to play a quicker and more athletic line-up that could put some points on the board in a hurry: Wade, Lebron, Bosh, Jones, House.

Exhibit 3:

http://i.imgur.com/ijed2.jpg

Again, basketball superstar TJ Ford triple teamed, leaving Rush open for a 3 (he didn't take it, but he was open). This time TJ didn't even get to beat House off the dribble before getting triple teamed.

http://i.imgur.com/J09le.jpg

You can see the play develop. Rush is now WIDE open, while the Heat is basically quadruple teaming, as Jones stays in the paint while his man, Dunleavy, sprints to the other corner. I guess Jones had to be there just in case TJ Ford bulldozed his way through Wade, Bosh and House.

Exhibit 4:

http://i.imgur.com/fohH6.jpg

Collison gets in on the action as he was feeling neglected. Miami obliges and triple teams, although Arroyo was still in front of him. This leaves Granger open for a 3. If Wade closes in on him, Rush has an open path for a dunk or layup, or could set up for a corner 3. Or he could order lunch and some dessert and then shoot an open J.

Exhibit 5:

http://i.imgur.com/7Dsfs.jpg

Collison gets triple teamed AGAIN. This time Solomon Jones is wide open a few feet from the basket and makes a J. You might call this a quadruple team, as Wade (4) also moves towards the paint, leaving Rush open. If the pass went to Rush he could have shot a 3 or Wade would have had to go too hard towards him, allowing Rush to beat him off the dribble and leaving Miami playing 4 against 5 on D.

Exhibit 6:

http://i.imgur.com/Gn6zg.jpg

TJ Ford gets quadruple teamed. AGAIN. Granger and Posey are open for 3.

Exhibit 7:

http://i.imgur.com/xysNd.jpg

How about a quintuple team for TJ Ford. Solomon Jones set a screen for him, so TJ Ford gets rid of Arroyo and is met by the entire Heat team. Notice how Arroyo instead of rotating to another man, keeps chasing TJ Ford, like a dog after his favorite toy. Jones is open for a J, but Posey is even more open for a corner 3. Which he makes.

Exhibit 8:

http://i.imgur.com/8qK1O.jpg

Granger is triple teamed on the baseline when a double team would have sufficed, leaving Dunleavy open in the corner. Bosh runs hard to cover him, but that means that when he gets the ball, Dunleavy can swing it to a wide open Posey. And if Arroyo moves in on Posey, that leaves TJ Ford open for a 3.

Just one more example of how exaggerating with the double and triple teaming puts your D in trouble and allows the opponent to keep you off balance just by moving the ball till they find an open shot they like - cause they can afford to choose which open shots to take.

Exhibit 9:

http://i.imgur.com/1qk4n.jpg

Granger is again triple teamed in a position where he's not that dangerous and while his man (Howard) is still in front of him. Here Posey is left open for a 3.

Again, we notice how the Heat play a big slow line-up and the Pacers are shredding their D with a smaller, quicker, faster line-up.

Another problem is how bigs are showing up when their man sets a screen. Normally you want your big to help and recover. But Z, Magloire and Howard are so slow that they can't really impede the process of the opposing PG, who gets around them easily. This results in the opposing PG having beaten Arroyo/House AND the opposing C/PF having a step on Z/Magloire/Howard. There are 2 men out of position and the Heat is playing 3 on 5. Before the defense scrambles to recover, the other team has already found and taken an open shot.

Exhibit 1:

http://i.imgur.com/Dm9Du.jpg

Howard shows up on a screen by Posey. Notice the hand up in the air, when it should be down, trying to slow down TJ Ford. House gets picked and TJ Ford flies by Howard.

http://i.imgur.com/DJs0i.jpg

House and Howard are left in the dust. House tries to run after TJ Ford instead of rotating. Howard probably just tries to figure out what day of the week this is and what are those damn kids doing on his lawn.

Heat's defense overreacts with a triple team (while Lebron is also ready to step towards Ford). This leaves Solomon Jones open to roll hard to the basket and Dunleavy so alone in the corner that he's probably getting anxious and depressed.

Yet another issue is the play of Miami's PG. Especially Arroyo. Both him and House suck on defense, but at least House can hit the open 3 and help spread the floor. Arroyo on the other hand passes open 3s over and over again and, to make matters worse, is a ball stopper on offense. He likes to dominate the ball. When he gets the ball he feels the need to pump fake, take a few dribbles and then shoot or pass. This kills the rhythm of the offense.

Exhibit 1:

http://i.imgur.com/K5EPw.jpg

Arroyo gets a wide open look at a 3 pointer. Instead of shooting he pump fakes, allowing the defense to close in on him, takes a couple of dribbles and attempts a pass to Bosh inside, a pass that results in a turnover.

Exhibit 2:

http://i.imgur.com/bfYUr.jpg

Again, Arroyo is open for a 3. This time a corner 3. Again, he fakes, takes a couple of dribbles and causes a 3 second violation, as Z took up a rebounding position inside the paint, expecting a shot.

ALL THESE are proof of bad coaching, even if some are related to players' shortcomings. It's the coach's job to put the players in the best position to succeed, to emphasize their strengths and hide their weaknesses. On the Heat, however, it's quite the reverse.

* It's the coach's fault Arroyo plays with the 1st unit when he'd fit better off the bench.

* It's the coach's fault all these ridiculous double/triple/quadruple teaming takes place.

* It's the coach's fault slow bigs are left in the game when the opponent plays small ball - Miami should feast on small opponents, with Wade and Lebron as athletic and strong as they are. The ideal line-up would have to be (when everyone's healthy): Wade, Miller, Lebron, Bosh, Haslem or Wade, Jones, Miller, Lebron, Bosh and you can play it against small ball rather than a team with a lot of size.

I have nothing personally against Spoelstra, and I really wanted him to succeed. It would have been awesome had he turned into Phil Jackson 2.0. But he hasn't, and it's time for him to be replaced.

TIMMYtoZO
11-28-2010, 10:11 PM
Riley coaching would make things even more dramatic. Lebron would HATE Riley and his hard ass coaching style. Those football like practices would make him and Bosh even bigger divas. Wade also HATED playing for Riley and he doesn't want him back. Riley is also 65 years old so I am sure he won't want that kind of stress at his age.

Spoelstra isnt the answer either.

This team is a mess. :depressed

ChrisRichards
11-28-2010, 10:13 PM
Gay

TIMMYtoZO
11-28-2010, 10:15 PM
I mean, who was Gasol before coming to LA? He's just like Bosh IMO.

Gasol has always been a much more skilled/talented player than Bosh pre and post Memphis. Both suck as leaders but I'd take Gasol over Bosh in a heartbeat. He also proved he can hang with the big boys. Bosh is nothing but a jump shooting soft bigman. I can't stand him.

DeadlyDynasty
11-28-2010, 10:23 PM
On offense chemistry is playing a part but as I said coaching has more to do with that. They don't move the ball and there's no motion. No system offensively or defensively. On D, nobody is in position and to often you see three or four guys leaving guys open due to penetration. In fact I'll post something that Harlem showed me over at realgm here.

tbh I think they would undoubtedly improve with Riles at the helm, but I still don't see them beating a Boston or LA in a 7-game series. LeBron is just a bad fit there...ego-wise and strategy-wise. Like another poster said (JoeTait75, I believe), Wade and LBJ have similar games that require ball dominance to be effective. I think the Heat would be insane had they kept JO at 5(who isn't great, but was effective last year), Beasley at 3, and signed JUST Bosh. They also need to start Chalmers at PG again. Chalmers, Wade, Beasley, Bosh, and O'Neal would be a much more cohesive unit imo.

jacobdrj
11-28-2010, 10:27 PM
This is one hell of an informative post. Bravo Ace...
Is this yours or is it from a link?

ChrisRichards
11-28-2010, 10:30 PM
Are you serious? Jermaine is dead weight.

Koolaid_Man
11-28-2010, 10:32 PM
ALL THEY NEEDED WAS A PLAYERS ONLY MEETING...YEAH THAT SHOULD DO IT...LOL

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/70293/20101128/heat_hold_players_only_meeting/

DeadlyDynasty
11-28-2010, 10:33 PM
Are you serious? Jermaine is dead weight.

lol son look at their roster...half of it is dead weight already

Ace
11-28-2010, 10:34 PM

No took it from realgm.

Ace
11-28-2010, 10:41 PM
tbh I think they would undoubtedly improve with Riles at the helm, but I still don't see them beating a Boston or LA in a 7-game series. LeBron is just a bad fit there...ego-wise and strategy-wise. Like another poster said (JoeTait75, I believe), Wade and LBJ have similar games that require ball dominance to be effective. I think the Heat would be insane had they kept JO at 5(who isn't great, but was effective last year), Beasley at 3, and signed JUST Bosh. They also need to start Chalmers at PG again. Chalmers, Wade, Beasley, Bosh, and O'Neal would be a much more cohesive unit imo.
Skillsets are the same but if coached right that could make them a monster team on both ends. Looking at the post I put up and you'll see the problem is not personal but something much simpler.

DeadlyDynasty
11-28-2010, 10:45 PM
Skillsets are the same but if coached right that could make them a monster team on both ends. Looking at the post I put up and you'll see the problem is not personal but something much simpler.

I read/saw it and it's good analysis, but those problems are "much simpler" to solve against the likes of Indiana and Utah. Those defensive rotations and improved offensive movement isn't going to compensate for being severely undermanned against the league's elite in a 7-game series. Unless of course LBJ and Wade each grow a foot in size before the playoffs and Bosh decides to hit the weights...

TIMMYtoZO
11-28-2010, 10:46 PM

Coaching doesn't our other problems (frontcourt). I originally felt Riley would be the answer but now I don't. I loved Bron when he got here but now I already hate the guy and his fucking antics. He wouldn't be able to hack Riley's coaching. Bosh wouldn't either. Wade doesn't want him back. So the question is who else is out there that is a significant upgrade over Spoelstra?

Nathan89
11-28-2010, 10:53 PM
Ok, Lebron needs to go. Heat fans, now tell me who you would want for him.
What positions and what players?

Ace
11-28-2010, 10:54 PM
I read/saw it and it's good analysis, but those problems are "much simpler" to solve against the likes of Indiana and Utah. Those defensive rotations and improved offensive movement isn't going to compensate for being severely undermanned against the league's elite in a 7-game series. Unless of course LBJ and Wade each grow a foot in size before the playoffs and Bosh decides to hit the weights...

Well a healthy Bynum changes everything as the Gasol/Bynum combo will be to much. If they make those simple changes as seen in the post it will go a long ways. Lebron and Wade have to learn to play together to make the difference. Bosh is slowly but surely finding his way.

Ace
11-28-2010, 11:01 PM
What people don't understand is the window is not closing on the Heat. The core is still very young and only going to get better next year when more solid pieces can be added (granted the CBA doesn't change to much). Write the Heat all you want, it only will make the butthurt that much stronger once they pull it together.

ChrisRichards
11-28-2010, 11:01 PM
Ok, Lebron needs to go. Heat fans, now tell me who you would want for him.
What positions and what players?
I dont want him gone, but if the Heat wants to explore option(s) I'd trade Lebron for Pau Gasol, Shannon Brown & Artest straight up.

Ace
11-28-2010, 11:05 PM
BTW DD nice sig :tu

Venti Quattro
11-29-2010, 12:34 AM
That could have been solved if LeBron didn't wet himself over the prospect of playing with his Superfriends and chose what was REALLY best for his career -- a decent team that would revolve around him and would build around him. New York and Chicago were waiting for him but he chose friends over career. Now they're all stuck in a mess and their team is financially locked.

crc21209
11-29-2010, 12:37 AM
LeBron isnt going anywhere...and just wait till after the All-star break when the team is whole with Mike Miller and possibly Haslem and the OP will be back on the wagon again...

Giuseppe
11-29-2010, 12:39 AM
....Har will hop back on as well.

tee, hee.

Venti Quattro
11-29-2010, 12:41 AM
tbh Mike Miller isn't going to solve anything if they play like this. Spo should take a lot of heat for this but the stars also are accountable because they can't adjust

Ace
11-29-2010, 12:43 AM
That could have been solved if LeBron didn't wet himself over the prospect of playing with his Superfriends and chose what was REALLY best for his career -- a decent team that would revolve around him and would build around him. New York and Chicago were waiting for him but he chose friends over career. Now they're all stuck in a mess and their team is financially locked.

Son, they're not locked. Lebron can be traded

Venti Quattro
11-29-2010, 12:46 AM
it's not that easy to trade LeBron. Miami has still to consider a lot of things before pulling the trigger. Like was it only the coach and stuff. And if they can find the right deal. Of course Miami isn't going to give away LeBron like that just because he couldn't adjust. That would be so wrong

DeadlyDynasty
11-29-2010, 12:51 AM
BTW DD nice sig :tu

hopefully it's more than just a rumor :toast

Ace
11-29-2010, 12:59 AM
it's not that easy to trade LeBron. Miami has still to consider a lot of things before pulling the trigger. Like was it only the coach and stuff. And if they can find the right deal. Of course Miami isn't going to give away LeBron like that just because he couldn't adjust. That would be so wrong

I wouldn't want Lebron traded unless every option has been exhausted and its a sure deal not gonna work. Of course a player like Lebron is not given away for peanuts.

MiamiHeat
11-29-2010, 01:20 AM
The only thing that has to go is Spoelstra if he can't figure out how to coach this team.

The talent is there.

LkrFan
11-29-2010, 01:40 AM
It's from a link. She does not possess the intellect to come up with that herself, tbh.

rickross
11-29-2010, 03:00 AM
@Ace: check dis out son, about offense.
About D if they stop overhelping and playing arrayo/joel they should be more than fine... waitin for pat to drop da hamma and make dis shit serious.

42J_cUtf81s

Gutter92
11-29-2010, 03:08 AM
Wow...looking at those images...

whatever happened to "see the ball and your man"...in half of those, Wade has his back completely turned to his man..

Josepatches_
11-29-2010, 04:34 AM
It's November.

Let's see where are the Heat in May.

As a spurs fan it would be great for us if you win the tittle at the end November but that's not true.

We don't win the championship being the best team of November and the Heat don't lose it

ulosturedge
11-29-2010, 05:04 AM
All those weapons were sure to make Miami a potent offensive team, but on the defensive end Bosh makes that team soft as ever. What's the point of being able to score but yet you can't stop anyone. That's kind of how I saw the Miami dream team when it was put together over the summer. The situation is actually turning out worse for some of the reason the OP and others have stated. Lebron and Wade have no idea how to coexist, and their defense has major holes. Not to mention Spolestra seems to have no clue how to make his pieces(roster) work.

ChrisRichards
11-29-2010, 12:19 PM
Fire Spo. Some people have it, some don't...Spo doesnt have "it".

Bring Jeff Van Gundy!

jacobdrj
11-29-2010, 12:22 PM
This is more fun than Marbury and Francis on the Knicks... Under LB no less...

Ace
11-29-2010, 12:32 PM
@Ace: check dis out son, about offense.
About D if they stop overhelping and playing arrayo/joel they should be more than fine... waitin for pat to drop da hamma and make dis shit serious.

42J_cUtf81s

Yeah I saw that but I'm more concerned with the defensive break downs since that's what Spo says they've been focusing on.

Darthkiller
11-29-2010, 12:37 PM

Bring Jeff Van Gundy!

that solves problem how? van gundy is also a defensive coach like the players hate.

they need to hire don nelson, who just let players go out and run and gun all day and dont have to play defense.

rickross
11-29-2010, 06:03 PM
Yeah I saw that but I'm more concerned with the defensive break downs since that's what Spo says they've been focusing on.

spo is a fuckin retard on o, but his defense scheme is beyong fubar. Check dis out:
1. send arroyo back to fidel castro or whateva he from. play wade/crab/chalmers/anybody quick at pg.
2. bench joel and use him as a hustle pf of da bench. Use any big body in da paint, it dont really matter.

3. (most important) stop freakin overhelping,
- it tires the players,
- leaves opponents under the rim for putbacks and layups,
- leaves very bad rebounding spacing (all in one place) therefore shitloads of o boards for all positions
- leaves the perimeter open as shit -> easy penetration or easy three.

Last point is absolutely killin da team. Rice boi is killin da team and every nigga dat watch da games and know ball should agree wit what i said.

rickross
11-29-2010, 06:05 PM

Bring Jeff Van Gundy!

i vote every day from like 10 ips.:lol rice boi needs time wit family!.

MiamiHeat
11-29-2010, 09:19 PM
shit thread.

LeBron-Wade-Bosh will dominate the league. It will be done with Pat Riley as coach. MAYBE Spo if he can somehow figure out how to coach, which I doubt.

Red Hawk #21
11-30-2010, 12:20 AM
LeBron-Wade-Bosh will dominate the league.

The same way they're gunna go 82-0?

MiamiHeat
11-30-2010, 12:55 AM
The same way they're gunna go 82-0?

I never predicted they would

TIMMYtoZO
11-30-2010, 02:37 AM
shit thread.

LeBron-Wade-Bosh will dominate the league. It will be done with Pat Riley as coach. MAYBE Spo if he can somehow figure out how to coach, which I doubt.

Spoelstra will be just fine.

Obviously, I am a huge Pat Riley fan, and would love to see him return to the Heat sidelines. He's the man. His coaching in the 2006 Finals was amazing. He put Wade in the place he needed to be to make the big plays.... like that "inbound to Wade and he will catch the ball in the backcourt" final possession. We had Dallas Mavericks people who didn't even know you could do that.

but still.

Spoelstra will be fine.

The one thing about Pat that I do not like is the way he runs the players into the ground. LeBron, Bosh, etc will not enjoy the long practices by Riley.

and the tarnish to Riley's reputation would be bad. Van Gundy, ok, it's once. But Spoelstra too? That's twice too many

MiamiHeat
11-30-2010, 05:04 AM
Yeah, I thought Spo would be able to do this.

Doesn't look good right now but it's still November. Get back to me at the end of the season.

I personally would love for Riley to be coach again. I said that then and I say that now

ChrisRichards
11-30-2010, 02:10 PM
I actually agree with the OP, its a huge miscalculation from Lebron's end. He's a great player but this is not the first time he fucked up, but they don't have any choice right now but to make it work. It will take another full year or maybe even two before they get things clicking collectively.

I thought Chicago was the best destination for Lebron, but its going to be at a huge cost which is Derrick Rose's growth. Lebron and Wade could become the next Shaq-Kobe, but its going to take a tremendous amount of maturity from Lebron to make it happen.