PDA

View Full Version : How will the Nuggets look a year from now?

TIMMYtoZO
11-28-2010, 10:41 PM
I think they will be back as a bottom feeder. Melo isn't gonna stay. They have old role players. Denver isn't also an attractive market in the NBA.

Thoughts?

Ghazi
11-28-2010, 10:47 PM
lol Heat

TIMMYtoZO
11-28-2010, 10:48 PM
lol Heat

This thread isn't about the heat. It is about the nuggets. Answer the fucking question or don't post in here at all. :rolleyes

Ghazi
11-28-2010, 10:48 PM
crucify em/ tree of woe

KapitanTutan
11-28-2010, 10:58 PM
So you saying they'll be like the Heat is right now. Bottom feeding.

stfu homoluva your faggot team is down by a dozen

lol

rayjayjohnson
11-28-2010, 11:39 PM
I actually think this is is worthwhile question to ask. I don't think we'll be as bad as everyone is saying. Ty Lawson is going to solid at PG, having been mentored by one of the best (call me a nut hugger if you want, but you all know it's true), nene is evolving into a solid double double machine, Aaron Afflalo actually plays defense and Gary Forbes looks like he'll only get better with age. Now, if we can get that deal to get Favours in return for Melo, we might be alright. I'd prefer Danny Granger though.

ducks
12-12-2010, 07:23 PM
bump

DPG21920
12-12-2010, 07:24 PM
If the Spurs could land Afflalo I would like that very much.

KapitanTutan
12-13-2010, 03:15 AM
they'll be ok

lawson, forbes = future

ask the faggot nugget fan

Lukor
12-13-2010, 03:35 AM
they'll be ok

lawson, forbes = future

Lawson is nice but isn't he way too small to ever be a starting pg in this league? He looks alot smaller than 6 feet.

rayjayjohnson
12-13-2010, 04:24 AM
Lawson is nice but isn't he way too small to ever be a starting pg in this league? He looks alot smaller than 6 feet.

He's so damn fast I think it makes up for his lack of size. Only problem he'll have is injury.

An Afflalo Lawson backcourt shouldn't be ignored. I think it'll be a few years, perhaps one or two lotteries, but I think we'll be back.

rayjayjohnson
12-13-2010, 04:25 AM
they'll be ok

lawson, forbes = future

lol heat

KapitanTutan
12-13-2010, 06:32 AM
lmao nuggets

Thompson
12-13-2010, 10:25 AM
Even if they lose Anthony, I'm sure they'll at least get a TE they can use on another good player. If they can get someone to replace Anthony who actually plays on both ends of the court, they could actually improve. They'll probably end up as a middle-of-the-pack team; good enough to make the playoffs, but not much beyond that.

Jose Canseco
12-13-2010, 10:48 AM
If Carmelo is gone, which is obviously likely, the Nuggets would almost have to be forced to not pick up Billups's team option. K-Mart's contract and JR's contract expire as well. So those four would be gone. And the core would be Lawson, Nene, and Afflalo, but they'd have a lot of cap space available. Problem is that next summer isn't really a big summer for big name free agents. I could see the Nuggets perhaps pursuing David West, who could excel in Denver's style of offense and might complement Nene well since West is a face-up, midrange PF. They could also maybe go for a short-term fix at small forward like Josh Howard. I don't expect Howard to get a lot of offers, so perhaps the Nuggets could get him to agree on a one year deal. It wouldn't be a great team, but it wouldn't be too bad. Would need some better depth in the backcourt. You'd hope they draft well and try to work out a sign-and-trade to get some compensation for Melo.

Lawson
Afflalo
Josh Howard / Al Harrington
David West
Nene / Birdman

Cry Havoc
12-13-2010, 11:32 AM
If Carmelo is gone, which is obviously likely, the Nuggets would almost have to be forced to not pick up Billups's team option. K-Mart's contract and JR's contract expire as well. So those four would be gone. And the core would be Lawson, Nene, and Afflalo, but they'd have a lot of cap space available. Problem is that next summer isn't really a big summer for big name free agents. I could see the Nuggets perhaps pursuing David West, who could excel in Denver's style of offense and might complement Nene well since West is a face-up, midrange PF. They could also maybe go for a short-term fix at small forward like Josh Howard. I don't expect Howard to get a lot of offers, so perhaps the Nuggets could get him to agree on a one year deal. It wouldn't be a great team, but it wouldn't be too bad. Would need some better depth in the backcourt. You'd hope they draft well and try to work out a sign-and-trade to get some compensation for Melo.

Lawson
Afflalo
Josh Howard / Al Harrington
David West
Nene / Birdman

Good post.

Nuggets might be okay. Emphasis on might. I think Melo is overrated as a player anyway, because he doesn't seem to have the right mindset to be on a contender right now.

However, the Nugget front office has a ton of work to do. They need to really push for deals to stay competitive, or they're going to start next season* looking only a little better than the Cavs.

This assumes that there is a "next" season.

Rummpd
12-13-2010, 11:37 AM
Funny thing is after all these years Darko may be becoming a better player, although not as valuable as Melo still he is becoming a good to great big man potentially, and Denver will lose Melo.