PDA

View Full Version : It is written II

Rummpd
05-25-2005, 06:47 AM
Spurs have another gear this year and the look on Duncan after he got jabbed on the fouls last night predicated that this gear would show up in the 4th and it did.

As I have been saying all year, this is a very special team. As Pop solidifies rotations to prepare for the real finals, this has been a nice tune up but for the Suns it is the setting sun.

Expect game 3 to be close until half then Spurs blow out Suns on home court. Game 4 will be over before we know it. I had gone with a 6 game series early on but Spurs want this too much. It will be a sweep.

It is written.

Extra Stout
05-25-2005, 08:32 AM
The Spurs may be a special team, but their next opponent is just as special.

MadDog73
05-25-2005, 08:42 AM
Agreed, this series is easy compared to the Pistons.

LilMissSPURfect
05-25-2005, 08:50 AM
Can pistons stop manu's penetrations? remember pistons don't like or don't do the double team thing....so i think its easy pickins for the spurs....

*i can't see anything but silver and black, sorry for the biased opinion!

boutons
05-25-2005, 08:54 AM
"Can pistons stop manu's penetrations?"

Sure, Ben, Tayshaun are excellent one-on-one defenders, shot-blockers, and the Pistons play team/help defense like the Spurs.

The Spurs offense looks great against a soft defense like PHX.

Spurs-Pistons Finals will be an awesome, epic battle.

I'm extremely pleased that the Pistons fucked around before Christmas, yielding HCA.

Extra Stout
05-25-2005, 08:59 AM
Can pistons stop manu's penetrations? remember pistons don't like or don't do the double team thing....so i think its easy pickins for the spurs....

*i can't see anything but silver and black, sorry for the biased opinion!See Manu. See Tayshaun on Manu. See Tayshaun shut down Manu.

If that dude can shut down Dwyane friggin' Wade, he can shut down Manu Ginobili.

On the plus side, Bowen can stop Rip Hamilton, and the Pistons' offense isn't exactly some well-oiled machine. They'll struggle to score as well.

The Spurs' big edge is that Tim Duncan is just awesome, and Robert Horry is an X-factor against Detroit. The Pistons' big edge is that Chauncey Billups is the perfect safety valve when their offense breaks down, and when he's on he can't be stopped.

The Pistons will be all the Spurs can handle and then some.

Rummpd
05-25-2005, 11:10 AM
Agreed Pistons are special team that will be a 6-7 game series, but Spurs win. Now a key is Nazr which gives another scoring threat and expect the Big Dog to make an appearance as well!

nkdlunch
05-25-2005, 11:20 AM
I'm extremely pleased that the Pistons fucked around before Christmas, yielding HCA.

True, the less time in that "palace" - more like a court in the depths of hell with tortured souls as spectators - the better.

T Park
05-25-2005, 11:24 AM
yielding HCA

yeah cause that has meant so much in this series.

boutons
05-25-2005, 11:51 AM
Just because HCA didn't mean anything in the first 3 series doesn't mean HCA won't be welcome, and helpful, in the Finals series against the toughest opponent, where I'm sure the Spurs will require every single advantage to score against the Pistons.

TNT21
05-25-2005, 01:05 PM
In case you all forgot, the next game is against the suns, not the pistons or the heat! The Spurs haven't proven anything yet. Their heads need to be on Phoenix and game 3 at home. We shouldn't be so cocky, remember what happened last year!

MadDog73
05-25-2005, 01:54 PM
In case you all forgot, the next game is against the suns, not the pistons or the heat! The Spurs haven't proven anything yet. Their heads need to be on Phoenix and game 3 at home. We shouldn't be so cocky, remember what happened last year!

Point taken, but we as fans don't affect the game!!!

In any case, obvious differences from last year:

1) We are going Home, where we dominate. Yes, I know PHX is an awesome road team, but not as good as Spurs at Home.

2) PHX is NOT LA. Duh.

3) A Spurs / Pistons final has been pre-destined by the Basketball Gods ever since we were robbed last year!

:smokin