monosylab1k
11-28-2010, 11:46 PM
greatest troll in internet history!

san antonio spurs
11-28-2010, 11:48 PM
lol

ducks' grammar tutor
11-29-2010, 09:59 AM
Now ducks, we've been through this many times already so I expect to see you apply yourself here on SpursTalk. Let's examine your thread title.

So is manning is the most overrate quarterback in the nfl

That is very poor grammar, ducks! We should go piece by piece to figure out what went wrong, and how you can correct it.

Well two words in and so far, so good. It's not often we can say that about your sentences.

Manning is the name of a person, so we capitalize it. Furthermore, you should specify which Manning you are referring to. In this case I'm sure you are referring to Peyton Manning, since you stayed up late last night in your Chargers pajamas cheering on your team! Also, the second "is" is quite unnecessary.

You almost got this part right. Just put a "d" at the end of overrate and it's looking great!

NFL is an abbreviation that needs to be capitalized. Also, aren't you missing something? Perhaps a punctuation mark? Which one will you use? Are you getting my hints? That's right, finish this thread title off with a question mark.

After following these simple instructions that the average first grader understands, you then transform this -

into this -

So is Peyton Manning the most overrated quarterback in the NFL?

See how much better that looks? Pay attention to your lessons, your mommy and daddy pay me a lot of money to teach you proper grammar, ducks.

8FOR!3
11-29-2010, 10:39 AM
Or you could add a pause after the so.

f.e. ; So, is Peyton Manning the most overrated quarterback in the NFL?

Some English professors would have you get rid of the "so" altogether.

Is Peyton Manning the most overrated quarterback in the NFL?

To answer your question, no he's not the most overrated QB in the NFL, that position belongs to Carson Palmer at the moment.

Norcal's MathTeacher
11-29-2010, 10:44 AM
it does me SO much good to see the young being educated here.

I just hope that your pupil is not as learning-deficient as mine. He was so mortified by his inability to learn simple addition that he had to be put on anti-depressants and behavior modification. As a result, he's not been able to post here for quite some while.

From what I've seen of this ducks, he's just too dense to learn, and too clueless to even realize he has a problem.

Cheerio! Keep up the good fight!!

Now ducks, we've been through this many times already so I expect to see you apply yourself here on SpursTalk. Let's examine your thread title.

That is very poor grammar, ducks! We should go piece by piece to figure out what went wrong, and how you can correct it.

Well two words in and so far, so good. It's not often we can say that about your sentences.

Manning is the name of a person, so we capitalize it. Furthermore, you should specify which Manning you are referring to. In this case I'm sure you are referring to Peyton Manning, since you stayed up late last night in your Chargers pajamas cheering on your team! Also, the second "is" is quite unnecessary.

You almost got this part right. Just put a "d" at the end of overrate and it's looking great!

NFL is an abbreviation that needs to be capitalized. Also, aren't you missing something? Perhaps a punctuation mark? Which one will you use? Are you getting my hints? That's right, finish this thread title off with a question mark.

After following these simple instructions that the average first grader understands, you then transform this -

into this -

See how much better that looks? Pay attention to your lessons, your mommy and daddy pay me a lot of money to teach you proper grammar, ducks.

symple19
11-29-2010, 02:33 PM

into this -

I laughed for 5 solid minutes to this. Well written :toast

Best Troll everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

symple19
11-29-2010, 02:35 PM
ducks = win

Obstructed_View
11-29-2010, 05:27 PM
No, but it's funny how average a quarterback can look without a running game. Makes what Marino did that much more amazing.

ducks
11-29-2010, 11:29 PM

into this -

hi jt

dirk4mvp
11-30-2010, 12:47 AM
No, but it's funny how average a quarterback can look without a running game, his elite pass blocking RB, and a banged up receiving corp and shitball o-line. Makes what Marino did that much more amazing.

fixed, tbh.

Blake
11-30-2010, 02:38 PM
No, but it's funny how average a quarterback can look without a running game. Makes what Marino did that much more amazing.

You mean how Marino had to pass more because he never had a good RB behind him?

I'd say it makes Elway look that much more amazing.

symple19
11-30-2010, 02:45 PM
To say P Manning is overrated is ludicrous

Obstructed_View
11-30-2010, 10:34 PM
You mean how Marino had to pass more because he never had a good RB behind him?

I'd say it makes Elway look that much more amazing.

Elway had a running game. Every team that played Miami was geared up to stop the passing game.

ducks
11-30-2010, 11:02 PM
to say p manning is overrated is ludicrous
against the bolts his quartberback average rating is 73

monosylab1k
11-30-2010, 11:39 PM
To say P Manning is overrated is ludicrous

It depends. Anybody who calls him a great QB, or maybe even the best QB in the game today, isn't overrating him.

But when people call him the greatest QB of all time, like an assload of morons do on this board, then they're overrating the shit out of him.

Obstructed_View
11-30-2010, 11:53 PM
It depends. Anybody who calls him a great QB, or maybe even the best QB in the game today, isn't overrating him.

But when people call him the greatest QB of all time, like an assload of morons do on this board, then they're overrating the shit out of him.

Now that you mention it, many people seem to just take for granted that he's going to be as healthy as Favre and have great teams his entire career, and speak about him as if he's already broken all the passing records. That makes it pretty easy to make him the most overrated QB in the league.

Blake
12-01-2010, 12:00 AM
Elway had a running game.

In 2 of Elway's 90s Super Bowls, yes.

In the late 80s when he put the Broncos on his back and got them to the SB in 3 out of 4 years, no.

Obstructed_View
12-01-2010, 12:16 AM
In 2 of Elway's 90s Super Bowls, yes.

In the late 80s when he put the Broncos on his back and got them to the SB in 3 out of 4 years, no.

Elway had a world-class running game with TD, but compared to Marino, Elway had a running game just about all of his career. That's how bad Miami's runners were. The one year the running game wasn't abysmal they went to the super bowl.

ducks
12-01-2010, 12:31 AM
Colts’ Manning in midst of arguably worst slump
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-directsnap113010

Blake
12-01-2010, 12:50 AM
Elway had a world-class running game with TD, but compared to Marino, Elway had a running game just about all of his career. That's how bad Miami's runners were. The one year the running game wasn't abysmal they went to the super bowl.

lol Sammy Winder

Lorenzo Hampton had a better year in 1986 for the Dolphins.

Blake
12-01-2010, 12:55 AM
Colts’ Manning in midst of arguably worst slump
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-directsnap113010

Manning and Marino might be the two best pure passers in NFL history.

but they might not be top 5 best QBs of all time.

If we were playing pick up ball in the street, I'd rather have wrangler jean Favre, Elway, Montana, Staubach, and probably 4-5 other QBs I'm not thinking of at the moment.

Obstructed_View
12-01-2010, 12:56 AM
lol Sammy Winder

Lorenzo Hampton had a better year in 1986 for the Dolphins.

And Marino threw for 1300 more yards than Elway did.

Blake
12-01-2010, 12:59 AM
And Marino threw for 1300 more yards than Elway did.

cool.

just don't say that what Marino did was orgasmically remarkable.

dirk4mvp
12-01-2010, 01:08 AM
why is Brownsfan so butthurt about where Peyton is being rated?

Blake
12-01-2010, 01:16 AM
that what Marino did was orgasmically remarkable.

Now what?

sometimes I just go to sleep but usually I take a shower afterwards.

do you often ejaculate over guys that never won a super bowl?

dirk4mvp
12-01-2010, 01:17 AM
he ejaculates after he sends JT a pm asking for a heroin hookup, tbh.

DeadlyDynasty
12-01-2010, 01:19 AM
I can safely say my team made sure Dan Marino never saw another superbowl.

kamikazi_player
12-01-2010, 01:50 AM
Peyton Manning is the greatest QB ever.

Obstructed_View
12-01-2010, 08:13 AM
cool.

just don't say that what Marino did was orgasmically remarkable.

Don't know where you think I said that, but the point I actually made is valid.

Blake
12-01-2010, 09:12 AM
Don't know where you think I said that, but the point I actually made is valid.

Makes what Marino did that much more amazing.

:cry Marino was fucking amazing :cry

Blake
12-01-2010, 09:26 AM
And what would have happened if Marino had a competent running game? Even to the degree that the Broncos had?

what years did the Broncos have a more competent running game than the Dolphins?

Blake
12-01-2010, 02:03 PM
I'll give one year, 1989.

Denver:

554 Rushes - 2092 Yards, 15 TDs.

Bobby Humphrey had over 1000 yards and 7 TDs rushing.

Miami:

400 Rushes - 1330 Yards, 10 TDs.

The Great Sammie Smith had 200 Rushes for 659 Yards for 3.3 yards per carry.

:lol

the irony there is that Humphrey was traded to Miami for Smith.

I wonder what would have happened if Miami would have actually tried to run the ball all those years instead of having Marino force pass attempt after pass attempt.

DeadlyDynasty
12-01-2010, 02:11 PM
Why do people blame Marino's lack of a running game for his playoff failures? THAT wasn't the problem, people. Tom Olivadatti's defense may have been the worst in NFL history, but Shula was too loyal to dump the guy. The running game wasn't good, but it also wasn't the main reason...far from it.

ducks
12-04-2010, 09:04 PM
Peyton Manning is the greatest QB ever.

NOT AGAINST THE BOLTS:lol

Killakobe81
12-05-2010, 06:12 PM
I told ya, last week ... Manning is not the best QB in the NFL.

Only thing that seperates Marino, from Manning and Brady is two super bowls. Marino was better than both ...but because of the rings i give the edge to them and because of rings the adge goes to Brady...

Now Brady doesnt have a great defense or Moss but he still is the best QB ...

Cant_Be_Faded
12-05-2010, 06:14 PM
He's like the UT Longhorns of NFL QB's

dirk4mvp
12-05-2010, 06:15 PM
I wonder if he's ever pm'd JT asking for heroin.

ducks
12-05-2010, 07:20 PM
14 ints the last 3 games impressive

HarlemHeat37
12-05-2010, 07:21 PM
Ducks..Manning or Lebron?..which jersey would you buy, if you had to?..

ducks
12-05-2010, 07:24 PM
I buy a kobe jersey before all those 2

dirk4mvp
12-05-2010, 07:33 PM
tbh when Manny Ramirez was still an elite ball player, he probably hated him way more than LeBron or Peyton.

LakerHater
12-05-2010, 08:06 PM
Hes so good he throws TDs for both teams!

SanAntonioSpurs23
12-05-2010, 09:48 PM
14 ints the last 3 games impressive

:nope It's really simple math actually. 4+4+3= 11

Manning has been pretty bad lately, his decision making has been really shaky in the past three games. The loss of Clark, Addai, and Collie is huge. :(

Seriously though the Colts D and thier running game are god awful.... This season sucks. :(

LnGrrrR
12-05-2010, 10:28 PM
11 ints in three games is pretty impressive too.