PDA

View Full Version : conspiracy theory

RobinsontoDuncan
05-25-2005, 06:48 AM
Is it just me, or does it seem like all spurs players, no matter how good they are at free throws, have a natural inclination to miss FTs at the end of games? Manu missed his technical and his first freethrow in the last seconds FT, Barry missed his technical, Horry missed his free throw, and of course it is well documented that Tony Parker has missed a few in crunch time as well, what's happening? Is there a conspiracy?

:smokin I am just joking

xcoriate
05-25-2005, 07:20 AM
Was the Duncan = Cwebb thing a joke too?

:smokin

Useruser666
05-25-2005, 07:24 AM
:lol

WalterBenitez
05-25-2005, 07:28 AM
Is it just me, or does it seem like all spurs players, no matter how good they are at free throws, have a natural inclination to miss FTs at the end of games? Manu missed his technical and his first freethrow in the last seconds FT, Barry missed his technical, Horry missed his free throw, and of course it is well documented that Tony Parker has missed a few in crunch time as well, what's happening? Is there a conspiracy?

During FTs refs change the ball? :oops

I think TD improved cause he's taking more time, and have a routine
Manu, TP, RB showed anxious

:smokin I am just joking

Supergirl
05-25-2005, 08:22 AM
It's fatigue, plain and simple. Parker is the biggest victim of it - you can tell when he's played too long in a game by how he shoots FTs in the 4th Q (presuming he's been hitting at least 1 of 2 the whole rest of the game.

End of games, players are tired, and they don't have that extra crispness to take their time on their FTs.

That's my theory, anyway.

Vashner
05-25-2005, 09:13 AM
Because they go into an attack the rim mode.. 99% of the time they are overpowering the ball into the hole..... You have to hold it a lot tighter when your running down the court to keep from being stolen. So people tend to overgrip and put too much power on it.

sa_butta
05-25-2005, 09:23 AM
It's fatigue, plain and simple. Parker is the biggest victim of it - you can tell when he's played too long in a game by how he shoots FTs in the 4th Q (presuming he's been hitting at least 1 of 2 the whole rest of the game.

End of games, players are tired, and they don't have that extra crispness to take their time on their FTs.

That's my theory, anyway.I think it is a combination of pressure and fatigue, as much as these guys are geared to handle the pressure, it is only human to still be a factor.

SpursChampsIII
05-25-2005, 09:24 AM
Just when I thought the Duncan = CWeb post was the dumbest post I've seen in a while, you totally redeem yourself with a dumber post than that one. Dumb and Dumber is alive and well, and he goes by the name of RobinsontoDuncan.

wildbill2u
05-25-2005, 09:29 AM
Is it just me, or does it seem like all spurs players, no matter how good they are at free throws, have a natural inclination to miss FTs at the end of games? Manu missed his technical and his first freethrow in the last seconds FT, Barry missed his technical, Horry missed his free throw, and of course it is well documented that Tony Parker has missed a few in crunch time as well, what's happening? Is there a conspiracy?:smokin I am just joking

I think it was Coach Vince Lombardi who said: fatigue makes cowards of us all. It's surprisingly hard to shoot when your legs are gone. I think the intensity of the Spurs defense game-long has something to do with it.

But they are shooting FTs much better in the playoffs--so that shows more concentration.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-25-2005, 09:37 AM
I think a big part of it is that free throws are something that Spurs hit well if they get into a rhythm early. Witness the 80% shooting night vs. the Nuggets in game four or whatever the whistlefest was. Compare that to Sonics game where they bricked key FT's after a first half where they barely got to the line at all. And the same thing last night. I don't think they got their first FT attempts until halfway through the second period. They refs were pretty much letting them play last night, and the Suns don't foul much to begin with, so by the time the fourth quarter rolled around they really hadn't gotten into any rhythm at all.

easjer
05-25-2005, 09:58 AM
I think a big part of it is that free throws are something that Spurs hit well if they get into a rhythm early. Witness the 80% shooting night vs. the Nuggets in game four or whatever the whistlefest was. Compare that to Sonics game where they bricked key FT's after a first half where they barely got to the line at all. And the same thing last night. I don't think they got their first FT attempts until halfway through the second period. They refs were pretty much letting them play last night, and the Suns don't foul much to begin with, so by the time the fourth quarter rolled around they really hadn't gotten into any rhythm at all.

Right, rhythm is a very big part of it. But naturally other things play into it as well, such as pressure and fatigue. The only player last night who had any kind of rhythm was Timmy D. -- and he hit his.