PDA

View Full Version : What do the 13-4 Lakers and the 10-8 Heat Have in Common?

Dunc n Dave
11-30-2010, 12:03 AM
Both teams have only beaten 1 TEAM with a +.500 record this season, that's what!

The Lakers are 1-2 vs teams currently above .500, only beating an injury depleted 10-8 Chicago team and the rest of their 13 wins are vs teams currently AT .500 or worse. Easiest schedule in the league and they can't take advantage of it.

The Heat are 1-7 vs teams above .500, with their only win coming against the Orlando Magic. This team is in turmoil.

Yet, the media still is all over both of these team's nuts about how "dominant" they are when they have yet to prove it on the court vs the elite teams. Lakers can't even beat beat their yearly whipping boys in the Jazz. How the hell are they gonna win another championship, especially with Kobe showing his age as his shot attempt INCREASE while his FG% DECREASES. Meanwhile Lebron and Coach Spol are cat fightin' in Miami, while DWhistle prays to God that Coach Riles doesn't come back down to the bench. :toast

TE
11-30-2010, 12:04 AM
10/10

no wait

12/10

Venti Quattro
11-30-2010, 12:04 AM
the Lakers also beat portland before they became .500 :cry

Dunc n Dave
11-30-2010, 12:09 AM
the Lakers also beat portland before they became .500 :cry

Can you read, Venti? Portland is not a +.500 team right now. They are 8-8 and clearly on the decline losing theri last 3 games.

I REPEAT... As of RIGHT NOW, the Lakers and Heat each have only beaten 1 team with a record better than .500.

Venti Quattro
11-30-2010, 12:10 AM
8-8 is .500. Simple math :cry

Also you consider their record when you beat them, not 10 games after you've beaten them

Dunc n Dave
11-30-2010, 12:14 AM

Also you consider their record when you beat them, not 10 games after you've beaten them

You missed the http://www.cowineco.com/stuff/contentmgr/files/cbae0dbc5cdff16848c1214d23c2b0e3/misc/plus_sign.jpg in front of the .500 in my post.

Simple math.... Plus means GREATER than. 8-8 is not GREATER THAN .500

Dunc n Dave
11-30-2010, 12:15 AM

SO if you play the T-wolves the 2nd game of the season when they are 1-0, you are supposed to count that as a win against a +.500 team, even if they only end up winning 13 games all season? I call bullshit on that one, Venti. You're reachin....

Trill Clinton
11-30-2010, 12:17 AM
Does it really matter? These games are irrelevant for the top teams, nothing is proven in November.

This is true. I have nothing against the Lakers organization but I can't stand the Heat as a collective. Seeing them going through a rough spell this early is truly a joy to watch.:king

Trainwreck2100
11-30-2010, 12:18 AM
You missed the http://www.cowineco.com/stuff/contentmgr/files/cbae0dbc5cdff16848c1214d23c2b0e3/misc/plus_sign.jpg in front of the .500 in my post.

Simple math.... Plus means GREATER than. 8-8 is not GREATER THAN .500

he missed jesus in front of your post

Dunc n Dave
11-30-2010, 12:20 AM
he missed jesus in front of your post

:lmao

IronMexican
11-30-2010, 12:24 AM
Is Dunc the same guy Cubby used to go against in every thread last off-season, or was that someone else?

Dunc n Dave
11-30-2010, 12:36 AM
Is Dunc the same guy Cubby used to go against in every thread last off-season, or was that someone else?

Cubby and I have made our peace. Stay on topic, please.

Halberto
11-30-2010, 01:00 AM
Stay in the Spurs forum please.

TheMACHINE
11-30-2010, 03:23 AM
Spurs fans care about the regular season now?

namlook
11-30-2010, 03:26 AM
Both teams have only beaten 1 TEAM with a +.500 record this season, that's what!

The Lakers are 1-2 vs teams currently above .500, only beating an injury depleted 10-8 Chicago team and the rest of their 13 wins are vs teams currently AT .500 or worse. Easiest schedule in the league and they can't take advantage of it.

The Heat are 1-7 vs teams above .500, with their only win coming against the Orlando Magic. This team is in turmoil.

Yet, the media still is all over both of these team's nuts about how "dominant" they are when they have yet to prove it on the court vs the elite teams.

ROTFLMAO. This is a joke right? Comparing the Heat's situation to the back to back champions? The Lakers have only been proving it for two years. You can't take a stretch of only 17 games and say this means the Lakers haven't proven anything when they have kicked everyone's ass when it mattered for two years running.

TE
11-30-2010, 03:29 AM
ROTFLMAO. This is a joke right? Comparing the Heat's situation to the back to back champions? The Lakers have only been proving it for two years.

He's comparing the current season (vs above .500 teams)...
:bang

namlook
11-30-2010, 03:31 AM
He's comparing the current season (vs above .500 teams)...
:bang

A 17 game stretch of games is a stupid comparison because it's too short of a period of time to mean anything.

The media is justifiably all over the Lakers nuts because they have earned that respect based on their performance and 17 games doesn't mean anything. The Heat have earned none of the respect they have been given.

TE
11-30-2010, 03:34 AM
A 17 game stretch of games is a stupid comparison because it's too short of a period of time to mean anything.

While your post does hold a small percentage of truth to it, it's not how the Lakers wanted to begin. Having a relatively easy schedule and losing to a few subpar teams (Pacers as of late).

If I was a Laker fan, I would be worried with how hard and how much Kobe is playing.

He'll be a mule by the all-star break if your magnificent coach keeps him out there for long stretches.

RedsLakers24
11-30-2010, 04:17 AM
While your post does hold a small percentage of truth to it, it's not how the Lakers wanted to begin. Having a relatively easy schedule and losing to a few subpar teams (Pacers as of late).

If I was a Laker fan, I would be worried with how hard and how much Kobe is playing.

He'll be a mule by the all-star break if your magnificent coach keeps him out there for long stretches.

Kobe hasnt played that many min, hes avg 33 min per game, Gasol has, and last year we also had a bad record in vs good teams, the Lakers are a different animal in the playoffs.

Giuseppe
11-30-2010, 05:39 AM
Cubby and I have made our peace. Stay on topic, please.

That cuz you shamed yourself when you did the child molestation materiel in front of the Ellis girl.

You having children & all.

Dunc n Dave
11-30-2010, 09:20 PM
That cuz you shamed yourself when you did the child molestation materiel in front of the Ellis girl.

You having children & all.

Please, Cully. All I did was post a picture of your van when the board was gangin up on you one night about the child molester thing. While I was far from innocent of wrongdoing, I didn't lay it on nearly as thick as they did. Then after you got the boot (rightfully so), I simply told killakobe I regretted "going knee deep in the poop" as you say. And I've stayed away from that topic ever since.

Time to let bygones be bygones Cully... :toast

What do you think of your Lakers only beating one team above .500 like the Wade & Robin led Heat?

Dunc n Dave
11-30-2010, 09:24 PM

EXACTLY! With that cream puff schedule, the Lakers should have 1 LOSS at the most. No excuse for a championship team that supposedly got better in the offseason to lose to scrub teams like the Pacers or an Amare-less Suns team. It's not like they're incorporating 2 new starters into the rotation.