PDA

View Full Version : Spurs One Player Short?

arodz
11-30-2010, 12:46 AM
I was watching NBA TV the other day and there was a roundtable discussion. The topic of the Spurs hot start was brought up and even though they all praised the Spurs, David Aldridge commented that the Spurs were still one player, albeit a role player type, short of being able to contend with the Lakers.

Before the season started, that would've been true. But now....I realize we haven't played the Lakers yet, but if Splitter continues to improve, I don't see any reason why the Spurs can't beat the Lakers in a seven game series.

TE
11-30-2010, 12:49 AM
Spurs will compete with the Lakers if they play the way they are playing, and James Anderson return to play like he was playing before his injury.

Fuck all those analysts.

They just have a preference to throw any other teams' chances at beating the Lakers... Don't listen to NBA TV, and stay away from ESPN.

L.I.T
11-30-2010, 01:03 AM
If you want to be exacting, the Spurs remain two players short of really being locks to contend for the title: a lockdown perimeter defender and a solid two-way frontcourt guy who can take some pressure off of TD having to be the primary big man/help defender.

It remains to be seen if Splitter can fulfill the role of a help defender (by indications he can) but there are doubts about whether he has the strength right now to be effective as a post defender.

But, the Spurs system and current style seem to be covering any deficiencies in the backcourt and wings. Hill may be rounding into form on defense; but they still can get killed by some of the bigger offensive players if the team defense is out of sync.

mingus
11-30-2010, 01:10 AM
if Tiago Splitter can be our Kendric Perkins (great interior defense, score opportunistically), the Spurs will have a chance. i still think someone on the bench other than Hill needs to produce. i mean a guy who can consistently bring it off the bench, not occassionally make big buckets, like Neal. whether that be a trade or JA, i think it needs to happen because if you thnk about it one of the reasons Manu is playing as much as he does is because there isn't that other wing player off the bench.

Man In Black
11-30-2010, 01:55 AM
I actually think that the Spurs have everything they need. What's different is that THIS WAY ISN'T TRADITIONAL. Or to put it another way, the Spurs already know how to play the traditional way of slow 4-down deliberate offense with a strong defense(albeit without a true lockdown defender, although RJ has shown he's willing to sacrifice his O to play better D. His D against West was key in the comeback victory against NOH). That model is what EVERYONE expects. Throwing this wrinkle in is genius. It's a Jekyll Hyde concoction that can blow up in all our faces, OR it's just crazy enough to work.

Riding Tim has been so reliable for oh so many years. The LAL did the same with Kareem and then transitioned to their backcourt with Magic and Byron Scott, but knowing fully well that even in his latter stages, that Capt. Skyhook could still be a major player when needed, but that's the trick. It's a tenuous situation, but if you're a Spurs fan, you gotta like what Pop is mixing up so far. I mean think about it. Quality wins over playoffs teams, 2/5ths of the starters playing below expectations in Tim & DeJuan, Tiago Splitter off to a slow start, James Anderson starting well but then breaking his foot, and even with TP's situation and a mini-slump, this team is what? #1 in the the league. #2 in point differential, Top 10 in a number of Team Stats.
If Pop is a bartender, he serves more than wine. :whine

duhoh
11-30-2010, 02:00 AM
MiB spittin dat troof.

ezau
11-30-2010, 02:25 AM
I actually think that the Spurs have everything they need. What's different is that THIS WAY ISN'T TRADITIONAL. Or to put it another way, the Spurs already know how to play the traditional way of slow 4-down deliberate offense with a strong defense(albeit without a true lockdown defender, although RJ has shown he's willing to sacrifice his O to play better D. His D against West was key in the comeback victory against NOH). That model is what EVERYONE expects. Throwing this wrinkle in is genius. It's a Jekyll Hyde concoction that can blow up in all our faces, OR it's just crazy enough to work.

Riding Tim has been so reliable for oh so many years. The LAL did the same with Kareem and then transitioned to their backcourt with Magic and Byron Scott, but knowing fully well that even in his latter stages, that Capt. Skyhook could still be a major player when needed, but that's the trick. It's a tenuous situation, but if you're a Spurs fan, you gotta like what Pop is mixing up so far. I mean think about it. Quality wins over playoffs teams, 2/5ths of the starters playing below expectations in Tim & DeJuan, Tiago Splitter off to a slow start, James Anderson starting well but then breaking his foot, and even with TP's situation and a mini-slump, this team is what? #1 in the the league. #2 in point differential, Top 10 in a number of Team Stats.

This`

TE
11-30-2010, 03:16 AM

:toast

jjktkk
11-30-2010, 03:23 AM
The Spurs will probably not pick up another "role player" of any significance this year. So they will go with what they already have in their locker room. Which is fine by me, because with the continued development of Splitter, Neal, and hopefully Anderson, these 3 rookies will supply any additional needs the Spurs have. So these so called experts IMO failed to take that in account when analyzing the Spurs.

Halberto
11-30-2010, 04:27 AM
i still think someone on the bench other than Hill needs to produce. i mean a guy who can consistently bring it off the bench, not occassionally make big buckets, like Neal. whether that be a trade or JA, i think it needs to happen because if you thnk about it one of the reasons Manu is playing as much as he does is because there isn't that other wing player off the bench.

Why should we look for another scorer when we're already #2 in ppg???

I'm with you on the perimeter defender though. At the same time we might not need a trade, simply a strong emphasis on team defense the rest of the regular season. We all know that's possible because every year the Spurs' defense starts to click in March and April.

justinandimcool
11-30-2010, 04:31 AM
Hill, Anderson obviously, and Splitter aren't even close to reaching their full potential with this team yet. We'll be astronomically better in March than we are now, assuming Bonner, Neal, Dyess, and of course RJ are solid as well. A lot of if's, but I have a lot of confidence with this team that wasn't there last year.

mountainballer
11-30-2010, 06:05 AM
I agree on the analysis that we are (likely) one player short and I really can't see why some have a problem with looking for improvement of this team, even if this team is currently doing well.

before getting into details, just a look at the Spurs history.

at deadline 2005 they traded Malik Rose for Nazr Mohammed. a move that ALL analysts around the NBA called crucial to win the 2005 title.
but look at the facts.
when they did the trade, the Spurs were 42-12 (78%) and on pace to a 64 wins record. they had the best record in the league (tied with Suns as far as I remember) and Tim, Manu, Tony and Bruce were all in great shape and the bench was deep. so, no urgent need for a trade.
but they were lacking this athletic front court player with legit big man size.
they got him and it payed off.

I don't want to claim that this team didn't have a chance to win it all. as some point out, they are pretty talented and pretty deep.
but I would claim that our chance improves significantly, if Spurs could get either the often mentioned additional perimeter defender and/or a mobile defensive combo forward, who can defend perimeter bigs.
and I would hate to find out in May or June next year that we fell short just by missing out on the 2011 version of the Nazr trade.

Rummpd
11-30-2010, 07:24 AM
Anderson was drafted to be exactly one missing part of what the Spurs need (a mid size forward who can shoot and defend) and really began show some promise before his foot injury.

Bruno
11-30-2010, 07:46 AM
Lakers are also one player short. Without Bynum, they aren't that great with a weak defense and a weak bench.

Ice009
11-30-2010, 08:22 AM
Tayshaun Prince is the guy we want.

Is he still upset with things in Detroit? If he were to somehow be bought out I'd send half the team to his house to recruit him.

mountainballer
11-30-2010, 08:32 AM
Lakers are also one player short. Without Bynum, they aren't that great with a weak defense and a weak bench.

true. but Bynum will be back in about two weeks.

tdunk21
11-30-2010, 08:34 AM
spurs should watch the tape of pacers vs lakers, which the lakers lost...i think hibbert did a very good job on pau gasol....if u wanna beat the lakers, stop gasol not kobe....if splitter can develop into that guy who can contain gasol fromm scoring then spurs can contend......

urunobili
11-30-2010, 08:52 AM
can't wait to have my boy Anderson back!

Spursfanfromafar
11-30-2010, 09:11 AM
Tayshaun Prince is the guy we want.

Is he still upset with things in Detroit? If he were to somehow be bought out I'd send half the team to his house to recruit him.

That wouldn't happen until the February deadline, methinks. Thats when the waiver thing happens and I can imagine Joe Dumars letting Prince go. There is not too much of a market for expiring contracts these days and the league is full of it. There is a good possibility that Prince might demand a release later then and get it. Unless Dumars insists on a trade to snag someone good + picks..but I am not sure anyone except a contender would trade for Prince and they wouldnt' want to give up assets.

Tbiggums47
11-30-2010, 09:15 AM
Spurs will compete with the Lakers if they play the way they are playing, and James Anderson return to play like he was playing before his injury.

Fuck all those analysts.

They just have a preference to throw any other teams' chances at beating the Lakers... Don't listen to NBA TV, and stay away from ESPN.

I agree..These same analyst said that The Spurs were washed up before....So what do they really Know???

cd98
11-30-2010, 09:22 AM
The Spurs are James Anderson short. We need that kind of back up that can generate energy and scoring off the bench.

He's the young version of Michael Finley.

Solid D
11-30-2010, 10:21 AM
We don't know what the Lakers (or Spurs) will look like health-wise at playoff time...but if the Lakers add Bynum to the top-10 rebounders they have with Gasol and Odom, the Spurs are probably a player short in the middle.

I believe the Celtics had the Lakers on the ropes when Kendrick Perkins went down. That changed the dynamic of Game 7.

The Spurs can still attack the Lakers with small ball, especially if they can get the Lakers in foul trouble. For times when small ball isn't working and the jump shots aren't falling...to beat LA, the Spurs would need a much more confident and aggressive Tiago Splitter than what they have now.

cutewizard
11-30-2010, 10:26 AM
If we had Varejao and Prince, i think we would be the favorites to win it all....

SenorSpur
11-30-2010, 10:27 AM
This Spurs team is one of the most dangerous and balanced offensive teams in the Duncan era. However, they're also probably one of the worse defensive teams of that era, as well.

As wonderful of a start as this has been for the Spurs, they're not going to get very deep in the playoffs, unless they can figure out how to get stops, when they need to. Believe me, Pop knows this better than anyone.

That said, I agree with the assessment of DA, that this roster is probably one player short.

Dice
11-30-2010, 10:31 AM
We don't know what the Lakers (or Spurs) will look like health-wise at playoff time...

This is what I'm talking about. I personally like to watch Bynum play and think he's one of the true "centers" left in the game. But he's only played one full season in his career. If anything if I'm a Laker fan I'm not sure I want him back so early in the season. Just gives him a bigger opportunity to get hurt before the playoffs.

Without Bynum the Spurs have a great chance of beating the Lakers in a series.

Madhops
11-30-2010, 10:52 AM
Splitter is not going to be a big difference maker this year. We're going to exploit matchups, if we play the Lakers and are up against a significant mismatch at Center, we're going to go small and/or use Bonner to open it up.

Splitter will be a liability against the Lakers this year, they're bigs are just much better.

SenorSpur
11-30-2010, 10:55 AM
The Spurs are James Anderson short. We need that kind of back up that can generate energy and scoring off the bench.

He's the young version of Michael Finley.

Except that Anderson is already probably a better defender now, than Finley ever was. Meanwhile, Finley was a more explosive rim-attacker in his younger days, than Anderson is now.

Chomag
11-30-2010, 11:06 AM
Just wait and see when teams start going into playoff mode. It wont be so easy for the Spurs when teams are taking away the spurs offencive game.

Spurs are great offensively but they do need alot of work on their team defence, and I still think they are lacking a consistent enough lock-down defender. That is also keeping in mind if Splitter gets more involved in the system then just being Duncan's back up, or else they will still be lacking a big man.

I think this team may not be one of the best teams the Spur's have had but it's definitely the most intriguing.

rogcl1
11-30-2010, 11:49 AM
Splitter is not going to be a big difference maker this year. We're going to exploit matchups, if we play the Lakers and are up against a significant mismatch at Center, we're going to go small and/or use Bonner to open it up.

Splitter will be a liability against the Lakers this year, they're bigs are just much better.

If Splitter is not a difference maker , the Spurs have no chance against the Lakers.And if Bonner is the secret weapon to open things up the Spurs are really screwed.Have you watched much basketball? Spliiter will make a difference , the question is will it be enough. And Bonner, well I am not a hater , but if he is a part of any plan to beat the Lakers we are screwed.You can not count on consistent performance from him.

mingus
11-30-2010, 12:14 PM
Why should we look for another scorer when we're already #2 in ppg???

I'm with you on the perimeter defender though. At the same time we might not need a trade, simply a strong emphasis on team defense the rest of the regular season. We all know that's possible because every year the Spurs' defense starts to click in March and April.

we need another scorer off the bench because LA has Shannon Brown and Barnes. Hill is as good as both of those guys, or at least holds his own, but Neal does not, at least right now. maybe JA is the guy.

Vito Corleone
11-30-2010, 12:25 PM
In 2003 I thought we were one player short, I thought that right up until we beat the Lakers. I think we are one player short again this year. Hopefully this is a good sign.

Bender
11-30-2010, 12:27 PM
can't wait to have my boy Anderson back!
so what's the status of anderson anyway? how long has he been out so far, and when's the time frame for coming back... January?

rjv
11-30-2010, 01:13 PM
they may be able to get by without one more player if they can get anderson back healthy, splitter develops and hill continues to get better and blair does not continue this troubling downspin.

SpursDynasty85
11-30-2010, 01:37 PM
Spurs will have to be 100% on their game to beat the Lakers. The Lakers obviously have weaknesses, but they always find a way to beat you with length and great passing. Bynum is the biggest question for the Lakers, but its the same with Splitter and the Spurs. With out Splitter being an integral part, Spurs will have no chance vs a healthy Lakers/Celtics and now the Mavs.

Anderson is the solution that David Aldridge is referring to. But believe it or not, he took a major step back with his hamstring injury and now his foot. We can only hope for the best...

Wilford Brimley
11-30-2010, 01:40 PM
Spurs will have to be 100% on their game to beat the Lakers. The Lakers obviously have weaknesses, but they always find a way to beat you with length and great passing. Bynum is the biggest question for the Lakers, but its the same with Splitter and the Spurs. With out Splitter being an integral part, Spurs will have no chance vs a healthy Lakers/Celtics and now the Mavs.

Anderson is the solution that David Aldridge is referring to. But believe it or not, he took a major step back with his hamstring injury and now his foot. We can only hope for the best...

This.

DesignatedT
11-30-2010, 01:43 PM
Spurs seem more than deep enough IMO. Let Splitter get more acclimated and if his minutes start hitting the 25-30 minute mark come the 2nd half of the season than we have plenty of guys in the front court rotation who can play good minutes. Anderson injury is what is hurting most but if Neal and Hill can keep picking the slack up offensively off the bench and Udoka can give solid defensive spot minutes than once Anderson comes back he could hopefully be integrated with ease.

Crickets
11-30-2010, 01:43 PM
No chance in hell the overrated spurts can challenge the lakers...

Cane
11-30-2010, 01:48 PM
Like with all high mileage players it'll be interesting to see how Kobe looks come playoffs time. To me Kobe's health is much more important than anyone else on the Lakers team with the exception of Gasol, however Kobe is the one coming off surgery in the offseason and has many more miles on his body and doesn't really look 100% nowadays.

As long as the Spurs are healthy they've got a shot at anyone in the league but they won't and shouldn't be favored against the likes of the Lakers and Celtics since they've been the two best teams (when healthy) ever since the Spurs last championship circa 2007.

Crickets
11-30-2010, 02:10 PM
the spurts will not smell the finals ever again, keep riding your empty world bitches...

rjv
11-30-2010, 02:21 PM
so what's the status of anderson anyway? how long has he been out so far, and when's the time frame for coming back... January?

last i heard he was still using crutches and no timetable has been given so it would seem that mid january is still the mark they are shooting for.

but as has been mentioned the injury he has is one that often sees setbacks so i am sure they will be very cautious before getting him out there.

spurs medical staff is one of the best though.

tdunk21
11-30-2010, 02:48 PM
No chance in hell the overrated heat can contend...

edited...have fun noob

Agloco
11-30-2010, 03:30 PM
If you want to be exacting, the Spurs remain two players short of really being locks to contend for the title: a lockdown perimeter defender and a solid two-way frontcourt guy who can take some pressure off of TD having to be the primary big man/help defender.

This +1000000000

Calling the ghosts of one Robert Horry and one Bruce Bowen.......

I still think the Spurs are going to need to make stops at some point in the playoffs. This offensive pace won't continue unfortunately. That problem reared it's ugly head against Dallas on Friday night.

jjktkk
11-30-2010, 03:45 PM
This +1000000000

Calling the ghosts of one Robert Horry and one Bruce Bowen.......

I still think the Spurs are going to need to make stops at some point in the playoffs. This offensive pace won't continue unfortunately. That problem reared it's ugly head against Dallas on Friday night.

The problem, or question is, will the Spurs make a trade? I don't see some street free agent out there who can put the Spurs over the top. Its been awhile since the Spurs have made a significant trade during the season. Another question would be, what are the Spurs willing to give up. 1st round pick, one of their young players like Hill, Blair, Splitter, etc...? As good as the Spurs are playing right now, I really believe they will continue to improve, once Splitter, and hopefully Anderson, become more of a factor for the Spurs. So I don't necessairly believe that the Spurs need one more player to put them over the top.

HarlemHeat37
11-30-2010, 04:37 PM
The chances of the Spurs winning a title are still relatively slim IMO, but it doesn't have anything to do with acquiring another player..there's no possible player that the Spurs could realistically acquire that would put them over the top..let's say a guy like Tayshaun Prince gets bought out for some reason, obviously the Spurs should pursue, but he wouldn't put them over the top..nobody will..

The Spurs have 2 players that can complete the roster, Splitter and Anderson..from the few weeks we saw Anderson, he showed me a lot of good..it's an underrated blow to the Spurs that hasn't gone noticed due to the winning, but he has to play a role for the Spurs in the playoffs IMO..Neal is too inconsistent and shouldn't be used for more than 5-10 MPG, Anderson is an ideal wing to bring some athleticism and youth, mixed with some shooting..

Splitter has already shown flashes, but it's going to be tough without the minutes..while I criticize Pop as much as the next guy, he did say Splitter would see more PT as the season goes along, and I'll believe him..Splitter over Bonner and Blair is obviously vital for the Spurs..

z0sa
11-30-2010, 04:41 PM
Splitter is that player. Unless he plays up to his potential, the Spurs will not win a title. If he can be a semi-dominant defensive force and rebound the basketball well, as well as attain (theat is, earn from Pop) 20+ minutes per game, the Spurs are a contender, and a formidable one at that.

kaji157
11-30-2010, 05:01 PM
Lucky for us, that player might be on our roster (Splitter or Blair if he takes his head out of his arse) and we have the assets to bring another if both fail. (Blair)

Players i would like to trade Blair for are:
DeAndre Jordan
Robin Lopez
Derrick Favors
Carl Landry
Jordan Hill

I don´t think any of those are aquireable as of now, but many might be available soon.

dbestpro
11-30-2010, 06:25 PM
There is always talk of getting a defensive SF. There might be one available and is considered by many players as the best defensive SF in the game right now. So, the question is would you trade Blair for.......................

Luc Richard Mbah a Moute, SF

kaji157
11-30-2010, 06:45 PM
Today 06:25 PM
dbestpro
Re: Spurs One Player Short?
There is always talk of getting a defensive SF. There might be one available and is considered by many players as the best defensive SF in the game right now. So, the question is would you trade Blair for.......................

Luc Richard Mbah a Moute, SF

OF COURSE.
He can defend and play both positions (SF-PF), seems smart on both sides of the court and is the kind of player that would adjust great to his off the bench role.
I would also trade Blair for Delfino who is also playing very good defense, but can only defend SF´s.
Where did you get that Mbah a Moute was available?

11-30-2010, 07:01 PM
spurs have very little wiggle room for a trade. first, they are barely under the luxury tax line. second, they don't have a nice chunk of expiring contract. lastly, the spurs have assets (blair, anderson, neal, hill) but each of them earn so little that the spurs can only yield another young player in return. those people are usually unproven and would likely not improve the spurs.

spurs are pretty much stuck with what they have unless they strike gold in some veteran getting bought out and agreeing to sign with the spurs for the minimum. lets hope that veteran is shane battier.

kaji157
11-30-2010, 07:10 PM
spurs have very little wiggle room for a trade. first, they are barely under the luxury tax line. second, they don't have a nice chunk of expiring contract. lastly, the spurs have assets (blair, anderson, neal, hill) but each of them earn so little that the spurs can only yield another young player in return. those people are usually unproven and would likely not improve the spurs.

spurs are pretty much stuck with what they have unless they strike gold in some veteran getting bought out and agreeing to sign with the spurs for the minimum. lets hope that veteran is shane battier.
Luc Richard Mbah a Moute, 6-8, SF-PF
Salary 857k
1 year remaining (expiring)

DeJuan Blair, 6-7, PF-C
Salary 910k
3 years

It can be done Straight up.

HarlemHeat37
11-30-2010, 07:24 PM
Mbah a Moute would definitely help the D..the Spurs have enough offense, so the fact that he's an absolutely horrible offensive player wouldn't be a big deal..he would be a solid player for situational purposes off the bench..

However, I haven't heard anything about the Bucks shopping him(it might be true, I just haven't seen it anywhere) and why would they do it for Blair?..

TD 21
11-30-2010, 08:01 PM
We don't know what the Lakers (or Spurs) will look like health-wise at playoff time...but if the Lakers add Bynum to the top-10 rebounders they have with Gasol and Odom, the Spurs are probably a player short in the middle.

I believe the Celtics had the Lakers on the ropes when Kendrick Perkins went down. That changed the dynamic of Game 7.

The Spurs can still attack the Lakers with small ball, especially if they can get the Lakers in foul trouble. For times when small ball isn't working and the jump shots aren't falling...to beat LA, the Spurs would need a much more confident and aggressive Tiago Splitter than what they have now.

The Lakers don't have a top ten rebounder. In fact, the Spurs have the two best rebounders between the three teams, if you go by rebound rate (Blair is T-7th, Duncan is 13th, McDyess is 20th; Gasol is T-37th, Odom is 42nd...Spurs as a team are T-5th; Lakers are 8th), which is more telling than average because average is predicated on minutes.

Now, barring injury or Pop losing his mind between now and then, if/when the two teams meet in the playoffs, Blair will not be in the playoff rotation. And unless he re-injures himself between now and then (always a strong possibility with him), Bynum will be playing. Because of that and the likelihood of Gasol playing about 42 mpg, I'd give the Lakers a slight edge in terms of rebounding. But the difference isn't nearly as dramatic as it's made out to be. Duncan and McDyess will also be playing more minutes and (excluding Blair), they are the two best rebounders between the two teams.

The chances of the Spurs winning a title are still relatively slim IMO, but it doesn't have anything to do with acquiring another player..there's no possible player that the Spurs could realistically acquire that would put them over the top..let's say a guy like Tayshaun Prince gets bought out for some reason, obviously the Spurs should pursue, but he wouldn't put them over the top..nobody will..

The Spurs have 2 players that can complete the roster, Splitter and Anderson..from the few weeks we saw Anderson, he showed me a lot of good..it's an underrated blow to the Spurs that hasn't gone noticed due to the winning, but he has to play a role for the Spurs in the playoffs IMO..Neal is too inconsistent and shouldn't be used for more than 5-10 MPG, Anderson is an ideal wing to bring some athleticism and youth, mixed with some shooting..

Splitter has already shown flashes, but it's going to be tough without the minutes..while I criticize Pop as much as the next guy, he did say Splitter would see more PT as the season goes along, and I'll believe him..Splitter over Bonner and Blair is obviously vital for the Spurs..

I'd say they're better than relatively slim, only because I can only picture the Lakers, Spurs or Celtics winning the championship this season. Because the Heat have arguably the two best players in the game (even though they're not playing like it right now), I can't completely rule them out, either.

No question, Splitter and Anderson are vital. With Neal, it's not the lack of consistency that concerns me (that's a common trait for shooters), it's the lack of size. People always focus on the size of the Lakers bigs, but they're big on the wings, too. The Spurs need Anderson's size on the wing, just like they need Splitter's size inside.

Unfortunately, even against the Lakers, I don't get the sense that we're going to see much Duncan-Splitter. I think McDyess and Bonner will mostly split the PF minutes (with McDyess playing more) and I even think we'll see times when Jefferson plays some PF against Odom.

Vito Corleone
11-30-2010, 08:24 PM
The real issue between the Lakers and the Spurs is that Gasol, Odom, and Bynum are going to get fouls against Splitter, I'd be surprised if Splitter is able to play more than 20 minutes per night with the fouls they are going to draw on him.

We are so very undersized against the Lakers it's crazy. Toss in the fact that they can put both Artest and Kobe on Manu and we really only have Parker as a advantage.

Now if Bynum does not play due to injury then we have a much better shot at taking them. If we had signed Scola we would be able to match up so much better.

Our only real shot would be if Detroit buys out Prince and he chooses to sign with San Antonio. That would be a hell of a pickup and it would allow us to have a real perimeter defender next to Manu.

LakaFan
11-30-2010, 08:40 PM
Spurs don't stand a chance against the Lakershow

Man In Black
11-30-2010, 08:58 PM
You guys keep thinking too traditional. The definition of insanity is to keep doing everything the same way and hoping for a better result. What RC & Pop has built has the potential to withstand all the negatives. It's the negatives you're focusing on, while the positives keep showing up in the results. Open your eyes.

L.I.T
11-30-2010, 09:18 PM
You guys keep thinking too traditional. The definition of insanity is to keep doing everything the same way and hoping for a better result. What RC & Pop has built has the potential to withstand all the negatives. It's the negatives you're focusing on, while the positives keep showing up in the results. Open your eyes.

It's also the definition of practice.

I don't think you can easily dismiss the overall defensive problems the Spurs have demonstrated (with a few exceptions) by waving a wand and saying "Poof! The Spurs are a different team so adjust your expectations accordingly, but still expect the same end result as their best teams."

21_Blessings
11-30-2010, 09:30 PM
The Spurs are a PF/C away from being a legit contender.

:lol scola

LakaFan
11-30-2010, 09:43 PM
No player will help the Spurs they need a fountain of youth.