PDA

View Full Version : NBA's most humblest player (great, good, or bad)

TE
11-30-2010, 01:17 AM
My pick is D. Rose

The guy literally fly's and does his personal Jordan imitation, yet he speaks and talks like a guy that still has a lot of work to do.

Fpoonsie
11-30-2010, 01:19 AM
NBA Forum's most terriblest thread titler?

I know who I'M nominating...

TE
11-30-2010, 01:28 AM
NBA Forum's most terriblest thread titler?

I know who I'M nominating...

I'm humbled.

Jose Canseco
11-30-2010, 02:15 AM
That's a good choice but it's a little easier to be humble when you don't have a long list of accomplishments and honors. Rose isn't a championship player, not an MVP winner, not a perennial all star just yet. While he's already at or at least near superstar level, he still has yet to reach certain goals that helps allow him to stay humble. But there are other young kids in the league who seem destined for great careers who appear to be similarly humble in Kevin Durant and Blake Griffin, not warped by their own stardom.

But it's more impressive when players who have accomplished a lot in the league already can stay humble. You can probably put Tim Duncan up near the top of the list if not at the very top. I think Dirk and Steve Nash are humble too, for former league MVP winners.

One guy that always came across as very humble from his interviews and what I've read about him is Caron Butler. He seems very grateful about being an NBA player and living the life he is. IIRC, I think he grew up in a pretty tough neighborhood and got into drug dealing as a kid and got into that gang lifestyle early in life. And that gives him a lot of perspective about where he is in life and how appreciative he is to be where he is. I also read stuff about gestures he's done for kids where he intentionally didn't let the media know about it because he didn't want it to be publicized and it would later come out on blogs by the kids and friends and families of the kids he'd do nice things for. So basically, he really does it for the kids, like foreal. And I read he's also taking or took business classes at Duke so he's not just wasting his money on the NBA lifestyle but taking a proactive approach on the rest of his life. Now that's a cat I can respect.

IronMexican
11-30-2010, 02:24 AM
No way should anyone say Griffin. I get sick and tired of seeing him stare into the stands after his dunks. Your team has one fucking win.

ALVAREZ6
11-30-2010, 02:51 AM
Manu anyone? Not saying he's the most humble, but he's up her imo.

Jose Canseco
11-30-2010, 03:19 AM
No way should anyone say Griffin. I get sick and tired of seeing him stare into the stands after his dunks. Your team has one fucking win.

Fair point. I was thinking more along the lines of off court personality. At least from the few times I've heard him speak, he's come across as pretty humble and reserved. But you're right that he isn't exactly Shane Battier on the court, particularly after big dunks.

Mav-elous Man
11-30-2010, 03:30 AM
D. Rose is alright with me!!!

TE
11-30-2010, 03:35 AM
Manu anyone? Not saying he's the most humble, but he's up her imo.

Agreed.

namlook
11-30-2010, 03:36 AM
How can you be bad and not be humble? Oh wait, there is a guy named Brian Scalabrine. :lol

11-30-2010, 05:15 AM
every monster dunk deserves a stare in the stands. griffin has a lot of monster dunks. therefore, he stares into the stands a lot.

Amarelooms
11-30-2010, 08:03 AM
Dirk you dummies

:elephant

Hemotivo
11-30-2010, 08:19 AM
rasho

ohmwrecker
11-30-2010, 08:20 AM
Dirk you dummies

:elephant

Humble people do not wag their tongues out of their gigantic German noggins every time they make a shot.

ElNono
11-30-2010, 08:38 AM
According to ESPN, Lebron is the humblest player in the league.
Not only that, he gets abused daily by his coach. :cry :cry :cry I play too many minutes :cry :cry :cry

mindcrime
11-30-2010, 02:03 PM
How can you be bad and not be humble? Oh wait, there is a guy named Brian Scalabrine. :lol

And Sasha Vujabitch

ChrisRichards
11-30-2010, 02:19 PM
I thought Tayshaun Prince was a pretty humble player.

IronMexican
11-30-2010, 02:21 PM
Fair point. I was thinking more along the lines of off court personality. At least from the few times I've heard him speak, he's come across as pretty humble and reserved. But you're right that he isn't exactly Shane Battier on the court, particularly after big dunks.

Yeah, from the interviews I've seen, he seems humble. But if I have to see him stare at those empty seats in Staples after ever fucking dunk, I'm gonna lose it.

Mrlunt925
11-30-2010, 02:36 PM
David Lee seems pretty humble to me. He just goes out there and plays hard. He wants to win but is on bad teams.

lefty
11-30-2010, 02:47 PM
That's a good choice but it's a little easier to be humble when you don't have a long list of accomplishments and honors. Rose isn't a championship player, not an MVP winner, not a perennial all star just yet. While he's already at or at least near superstar level, he still has yet to reach certain goals that helps allow him to stay humble. But there are other young kids in the league who seem destined for great careers who appear to be similarly humble in Kevin Durant and Blake Griffin, not warped by their own stardom.

But it's more impressive when players who have accomplished a lot in the league already can stay humble. You can probably put Tim Duncan up near the top of the list if not at the very top. I think Dirk and Steve Nash are humble too, for former league MVP winners.

One guy that always came across as very humble from his interviews and what I've read about him is Caron Butler. He seems very grateful about being an NBA player and living the life he is. IIRC, I think he grew up in a pretty tough neighborhood and got into drug dealing as a kid and got into that gang lifestyle early in life. And that gives him a lot of perspective about where he is in life and how appreciative he is to be where he is. I also read stuff about gestures he's done for kids where he intentionally didn't let the media know about it because he didn't want it to be publicized and it would later come out on blogs by the kids and friends and families of the kids he'd do nice things for. So basically, he really does it for the kids, like foreal. And I read he's also taking or took business classes at Duke so he's not just wasting his money on the NBA lifestyle but taking a proactive approach on the rest of his life. Now that's a cat I can respect.

Good post

But Caron Butler used to be a major asshole when he was in college

JamStone
11-30-2010, 02:47 PM
I thought Tayshaun Prince was a pretty humble player.

Perception is not reality. Probably closer to the other spectrum of least humble in the league than most humble. But that's also due in part to the influence of egos like Chauncey and Rasheed and Rip, who all thought they were way better than they were and carried those egos everywhere. Rubbed off on Tayshaun tbh. He's not humble at all. Quiet, yes. Humble, no.

monosylab1k
11-30-2010, 02:52 PM
Rememba det one time Allanon said Derrick Rose sucks because he missed a FT in college?

I believe he lost yet another bet on this one, tho he's not around anymore to pay up.

JamStone
11-30-2010, 02:58 PM
where did allanon go?

lefty
11-30-2010, 02:59 PM
where did allanon go?
I think he got banned

monosylab1k
11-30-2010, 03:00 PM
where did allanon go?

he had to have "I'm Mavs>Spurs Bitch" as his title for a year or something like that, I think he's probably waiting it out. Then he'll come back and say he was out of the country on business.

8FOR!3
11-30-2010, 03:40 PM
Tim Duncan's got to be at the top. Dirk deserves credit though...

http://lshinoda.buzznet.com/user/video/50945/dirk-nowitzki-punkd/

Even as frustrated as he was at the very end he still kept on signing lol.

#41 Shoot Em Up
11-30-2010, 04:55 PM
It's between Dirk or Timmy, both are really easy to cheer for and very humble