PDA

View Full Version : U think it's over? u might be right, but pay attention to these men

nkdlunch
05-25-2005, 09:22 AM
"Truth is, you never know with these Suns team because they can play anywhere with their style of play and the way they score points, so home court has no importance in this series. We have achieved a great advantage, but it doesn't mean we are advancing yet. I'm happy by the way things turned out and about the team, but I did not like missing a key free throw, in some way it gave the Suns the chance to tie the game if Nash had dropped that last 3 at the last second." - Manu

"If Nash had dropped that last 3, everything would be different. We are concious we have a great advantage 2-0, but we must fight more than ever and play our best game if we want the remaining 2 games needed to reach the Finals." - Duncan

LilMissSPURfect
05-25-2005, 09:24 AM
deep down manu and timmy are screaming
"its o'er"

:elephant

gophergeorge
05-25-2005, 09:24 AM
Those are not "men".... those two are basketball GODS!!!

sa_butta
05-25-2005, 09:25 AM
"Truth is, you never know with these Suns team because they can play anywhere with their style of play and the way they score points, so home court has no importance in this series. We have achieved a great advantage, but it doesn't mean we are advancing yet. I'm happy by the way things turned out and about the team, but I did not like missing a key free throw, in some way it gave the Suns the chance to tie the game if Nash had dropped that last 3 at the last second." - Manu

"If Nash had dropped that last 3, everything would be different. We are concious we have a great advantage 2-0, but we must fight more than ever and play our best game if we want the remaining 2 games needed to reach the Finals." - DuncanJust proves that the Spurs are aware and not coming back home too cocky, Spurs just have to play at the same level and they will be fine.

nkdlunch
05-25-2005, 09:27 AM
deep down manu and timmy are screaming
"its o'er"

:elephant

See, that's where ure wrong. That's the difference between a professional baller and a fan.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-25-2005, 09:27 AM
This may sound a little crazy, but this gives me even greater hope for the Spurs. They clearly have their heads screwed on straight and I don't think there's going to be any kind of mental let down like there was vs. the Sonics. They know what's at stake and they are well aware of where they need improvement.

kskonn
05-25-2005, 09:37 AM
This may sound a little crazy, but this gives me even greater hope for the Spurs. They clearly have their heads screwed on straight and I don't think there's going to be any kind of mental let down like there was vs. the Sonics. They know what's at stake and they are well aware of where they need improvement.

Agreed, hearing duncan talking about raising the intensity even more is a good sign. I think the leftover feelings from last years early exit are starting to surface in the form of mental focus.

DDS4
05-25-2005, 11:00 AM

Exactly. Pop will make sure of that. Spurs haven't accomplished squat yet.

T Park
05-25-2005, 11:39 AM
well not only from last year, this year with the Sonics, they are gonna be like, damn were at home, lets do this mfin thing man.

Finish em off NOW.

The killer instinct was clearly there last night.

MiNuS
05-25-2005, 12:09 PM
at least at SBC Center the fans shouting "DEFENSE" will mean something.

You know where all that head kissing of late comes from....
http://re2.mm-a.yimg.com/image/1062453302

ambchang
05-25-2005, 12:43 PM
Nice to see those two talking like that rather than saying stuff like "The series is over" or "we have to prepare for the next team" talk. Remember what Tracy McGrady said when the Magic went up 3-1 on Detroit? He talked about the next series, and kaboom, they lost 3 straight. And how he talked about the Mavs this year after up 0-2?
The Spurs did execute better down the stretch the last two games, but you just know that both games could have easily gone the other way. If Amare made that layup, the outcome would be very different, and those wide open jumpers the Spurs dropped? Yeah, they are wide opened, but that doesn't mean that they go down everytime, if the Spurs have missed one of them, the outcome would be very different too.
What I am trying to say is, this series is MUCH closer than the 2-0 shows. Sometimes, a 4-0 series sweep is a lot closer than a 4-1 or 4-2 series would show (see Denver, and to a less extent Seattle.)
All said, I think the Spurs would probably win in 6, max. Mostly likely in 5.