PDA

View Full Version : King James wants Spoelstra to bow to him

xmas1997
11-30-2010, 05:24 PM
http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd

King James wants Spoelstra to bow to him
Adrian Wojnarowski
By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports 11 hours, 53 minutes ago

Erik Spoelstra reached out to Mike Brown over the summer and searched for insight into both basketball’s blessing and curse: Coaching the two-time MVP LeBron James(notes).

Over and over, Brown uprooted his offensive system to appease James only to have it never work. Brown praised James’ character publicly when he would’ve preferred to have been truthful about James’ narcissism. James defied Brown in public and private, disregarded his play calls to freelance his offense, and belittled him without consequence within the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Meticulous in his preparation, Spoelstra spoke with several past coaches, and league sources said a clear and unequivocal picture appeared on how to proceed: End the cycle of enabling with James and hold him accountable.

And surprise, surprise: LeBron James has responded with a test of his own organizational strength, pushing to see how far the Heat will bend to his will. This season, James is hearing a word seldom uttered to him in Cleveland: “No.” And it keeps coming out of the coach’s mouth, keeps getting between the King and what he wants.

Can I stay overnight to party in New Orleans after a preseason game?

Can I play the clown in practice?

Can I get out of playing point guard?

No. No. No.

Wait, what?

No, LeBron.

No.

Even within a month of the season’s sideways 9-8 start, the NBA witnessed a predictable play out of the James-Maverick Carter playbook on Monday morning. They planted a story and exposed themselves again as jokers of the highest order. They care so little about anyone but themselves. Still, no one’s surprised that they’d stoop so low, so fast into this supposed historic 73-victory season and NBA Finals sweep of the Los Angeles Lakers. They want Spoelstra – and Pat Riley – to bend to them, to bow to the King the way everyone has before them.

Nevertheless, here’s what was surprising – even troubling – when the Heat talked on Monday before a victory over the Washington Wizards: In the blink of an eye, Dwyane Wade signed up with Team LeBron to scapegoat and sell out Spoelstra.

“I’m not going to say he’s ‘my guy,’ but he’s my coach,” Wade said.

Wade’s always been loyal, and that’s why it was so surprising to witness him bail this fast on Spoelstra, whom Wade knows too well. Spoelstra is a good NBA coach. Everyone knows that Wade isn’t a star who plays hard all the time, knows that he takes plays off on defense. They know that Spoelstra did a terrific job coaching 90 victories out of that flawed Miami roster the previous two seasons.

As much as ever, the Heat need Wade to influence James. Only now, it’s clear James is influencing Wade. With Udonis Haslem(notes) out for the regular season, the locker room misses one of its vital voices. Now, Wade is struggling on the floor and James is the devil on his shoulder, whispering that he doesn’t need to be accountable, that there’s an easy fall guy for everyone: Spoelstra.

Those who know Wade well, who care about him, were disappointed Monday. When Spoelstra needed Wade to stand up for him, Wade never shrunk so small. Spoelstra was Wade’s guy, but Wade’s finding it much easier to align himself with James’ coward act than do the right thing. This was something that you’d expect out of Chris Bosh, who’s never been a leader, never a winner, but Wade?

“He knows better than this,” one of Wade’s former assistant coaches said. “I’m not saying he hasn’t changed some, but he knows right from wrong. And this is wrong.”

The fundamental problem for Spoelstra isn’t that James doesn’t respect coaches – he doesn’t respect people. Give LeBron this, though: He’s learned to live one way with the television light on, and another with it off. He treats everyone like a servant, because that’s what the system taught him as a teenage prodigy. To James, the coach isn’t there to mold him into the team dynamic. He’s there to serve him.

Wade was one of the Team USA players who’d watch incredulously as James would throw a bowl of fries back at a renowned chef and bark, “They’re cold!” Or throw his sweaty practice jersey across the court and command a team administrator to go pick it up. Everyone wants James to grow out of it, but he’s never showed much of an inclination for self-examination and improvement. And he’s never surrounded himself with people who’d push him to do so.

What’s more, the timing of this leak was no accident, because James and his business manager had to like the idea of someone else going on trial this week. When the public wanted to talk about James’ return to Cleveland, about the callous way with which he left, about the disjointed start in Miami, they thrust everything onto Spoelstra.

Part of them believed they could deflect Hell Week at home in Ohio, and part of them probably believed they could indeed align the public with them against Spoelstra.

After all, the coach had it coming to him. Of this, LeBron James was sure. Spoelstra had the audacity to do something that Mike Brown never had ownership’s backing to do in Cleveland: To push James, call him out, coach him.

The funniest part had to be how they leaked the idea that Erik Spoelstra was panicking now, behaving like he feared for his job. Truth be told, he’s been behaving in the opposite way. Spoelstra isn’t running from LeBron, but running at him.

Someone’s scared here, but it isn’t the coach.

Adrian Wojnarowski is the NBA columnist for Yahoo! Sports.

King James wants Spoelstra to bow to him - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

This james guy is really sick and wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

greyforest
11-30-2010, 05:38 PM
i think i'm the only person who foresaw the heat exploding from ego problems

xmas1997
11-30-2010, 05:45 PM

Nope, I saw it too as did many of us.
Interesting that Coach Mike Brown coddled james so much, but then he also coddled Jackson when he was here too, although to good effect, so it probably shouldn't be a surprise.
Just glad the Spurs aren't plagued with prima donas. :nope

Dex
11-30-2010, 05:48 PM

You and everybody else outside of the Heat organization?

There are two things that will stop the Heat: injuries, and their own egos. They've had trouble with both.

Kermit
11-30-2010, 05:49 PM
It's like Lebron is Hiroshima and Wajnarowski is "Little Boy".

wontstartdumbthreads
11-30-2010, 05:51 PM
Just glad the Spurs aren't plagued with prima donas. :nope

Amen. But I think credit goes to Pop and Timmy (and before him DRob) for creating an enviroment where it's not acceptable. You never know how Tony would be had he landed on another team with another coach. Or look at Jax when he was here. Not that he (Jax) was a prima donna, but Pop doesn't get enough credit for keeping everything in check.

NRHector
11-30-2010, 05:53 PM
and how is this related to the Spurs? we don't need more threads about that clown

Spurs Brazil
11-30-2010, 06:04 PM
James is stupid. I hope he never win a ring

xmas1997
11-30-2010, 07:05 PM
Hopefully Riley won't can this guy and start coaching himself.

koriwhat
11-30-2010, 07:07 PM
Keep this garbage in the NBA forum! WTF?!

FilSpursFan
11-30-2010, 07:18 PM
Spoelstra is a good coach... "King" James put that on your swollen head..

Whisky Dog
11-30-2010, 08:02 PM
I never though I'd say this, but ducks was right.

James is a bitch of the highest order, a clown who doesn't have the heart, discipline, or desire to ever be a championship player. Not only that, but from the many stories that have been confirmed by a lot of different people, James is just a world class asshole. He's a Randy Moss-esque asshole with a bigger sense of entitlement. He's just flat out a horrible person. I've wanted to like this guy from day one, wanted to see him succeed, but now I just wish he'd disappear.

DPG21920
11-30-2010, 08:32 PM
Wojo needs to relax. He is annoying.

Cessation
11-30-2010, 09:02 PM
I never liked lebron, hes too immature, and has the biggest ego in the league. Howard is also super annoying.

maddnezz
11-30-2010, 09:04 PM
:hatNothing that a good ole slide your foot under the mug when he's comin down from one of his high flyin moves humble pie practice experiances but that's just me...lol:hat

99-03-05-07
11-30-2010, 09:47 PM

i told every since one of my friends this before the season started and they all thought i was stupid but look whats happening :flag:

timtonymanurich
11-30-2010, 10:00 PM
LaBronda Prima Donna.

'Nuff said.

The Truth #6
11-30-2010, 10:03 PM
Wojo needs to relax. He is annoying.

He has two modes of writing: fellatio and kidney punch. Generally, I like his points of focus so far but it's clearly ranting.

Obstructed_View
11-30-2010, 10:52 PM
Wade was one of the Team USA players who’d watch incredulously as James would throw a bowl of fries back at a renowned chef and bark, “They’re cold!” Or throw his sweaty practice jersey across the court and command a team administrator to go pick it up.

How do things like this go without being reported? Are they acting like this is common knowledge, or have they been suppressed until Lebron's team starts to struggle?

ShoogarBear
12-01-2010, 12:20 AM
Yeah, it does smack of piling on. Where were all these stories before, Woj?

greyforest
12-01-2010, 12:22 AM

No. Almost the entire media jacked them off and said they were the only contender for the Lakers. This means the masses of idiots (general USA population) thought in the same way.

SenorSpur
12-01-2010, 12:30 AM
I never though I'd say this, but ducks was right.

James is a bitch of the highest order, a clown who doesn't have the heart, discipline, or desire to ever be a championship player. Not only that, but from the many stories that have been confirmed by a lot of different people, James is just a world class asshole. He's a Randy Moss-esque asshole with a bigger sense of entitlement. He's just flat out a horrible person. I've wanted to like this guy from day one, wanted to see him succeed, but now I just wish he'd disappear.

If Ducks WAS one of the first to say this, he was dead on. LeQuit is a bitch-made, punk-ass, jerk of the highest order.

Whisky Dog
12-01-2010, 12:32 AM
Yeah, it does smack of piling on. Where were all these stories before, Woj?

I remember hearing several of these diva stories at least a year or 2 ago, as well as the story of Bowen getting onto James during tryout workouts for his asshole behavior. This isn't new.

Whisky Dog
12-01-2010, 12:34 AM
If Ducks WAS one of the first to say this, he was dead on. LeQuit is a bitch-made, punk-ass, jerk of the highest order.

I don't know if he was the first, but I know he's been saying these things about Lebron well before anyone else was. He was pretty much just being a hater IMO, but he turned out to be right.

Obstructed_View
12-01-2010, 12:36 AM

ducks would post up what a crappy player he was after he missed a game winning basket or after the Cavs lost a game they should have won. It's sort of like someone who rooted against the Bills in the 70s saying "I told you Simpson was no fucking good."

ShoogarBear
12-01-2010, 12:38 AM
I remember hearing several of these diva stories at least a year or 2 ago, as well as the story of Bowen getting onto James during tryout workouts for his asshole behavior. This isn't new.

Woj is acting like he's been reporting these stories all along. Sure would like to see a link to one.

SenorSpur
12-01-2010, 12:38 AM
To blame Spolestra for this is to insinuate that he's the reason for this oyal rmess. Perhaps Riley should be faulted for putting this disjointed and very flawed roster together to begin with. On any given night, opposing PGs are getting their career highs against this Heat team. Additionally, they have no paint presence and no bench.

However, it's also very clear that LeQuit's arrogance and hubris are seeping through the fabric of this team. The only problem is that now Wade seems to be joining forces with him. That is the source for this lack of team chemistry and disjointed attitudes.

These guys wanted to take the short path to success, by joining forces on the same squad. They foolishly, and immaturely, thought it would be easy and they would magically reel off 5-7 championship titles. Now that they've found that the road is paved with adversity, they want to run and hide, bitch and moan, and just like the bitch cowards that they are, transfer the blame elsewhere.

Don't get it twisted. The writer has nailed this 100%. The Miami organization will be further ruined as long as LeQuit continues to exhibit his immature behavior, or until he grows up or leaves.

In this case, don't hate the game, hate the player.

Obstructed_View
12-01-2010, 12:44 AM

The Lebron haters haven't seemed to post any of them. I'm not saying they didn't happen, but they weren't reported nearly enough. Prima dona fucktards should be exposed.

gospursgojas
12-01-2010, 12:51 AM

There are two things that will stop the Heat: injuries, and their own egos. They've had trouble with both.

Don't forget ESPN.

EVERYONE knew this wasn't gonna work. ESPN hoped it would and tried to paint the picture that everyone thought they would win 83 games this season. Why else would JVG make his comment about them breaking the Bull's record? He bought into his network's created hype too.

I don't think I've ever felt more proud to be a Spurs fan. They are everything that this Heat team isn't. And they are exactly where ESPN and the Heat's "Big Three" thought they would be at this point in the season.

gospursgojas
12-01-2010, 12:56 AM
The Lebron haters haven't seemed to post any of them. I'm not saying they didn't happen, but they weren't reported nearly enough. Prima dona fucktards should be exposed.

Forget posts. There needs to be more articles like this one Woj wrote. With insight of the whole "fries" and "sweaty jersey" incident. That happened 2 years ago yet stories of such just are coming out? The media bowed to James as much as his organization did. Now, only when its popular to blast him, do these diva stories arise

SenorSpur
12-01-2010, 12:59 AM
If that sensitive punk-ass will confiscate video of him getting dunked on during a meaningless, summertime, exhibition game, you just know that he bristles at ANY negative criticism or unflattering articles written about him.

gospursgojas
12-01-2010, 01:00 AM
^^^
Wow forgot about that...like this writing wasn't on the wall. People had to take a minute and pull thier head out of Lebrons ass to notice.

Obstructed_View
12-01-2010, 01:01 AM
Forget posts. There needs to be more articles like this one Woj wrote. With insight of the whole "fries" and "sweaty jersey" incident. That happened 2 years ago yet stories of such just are coming out? The media bowed to James as much as his organization did. Now, only when its popular to blast him, do these diva stories arise

That's my point. People are saying that this shit was out there all this time, and it hasn't been. The news guys weren't writing it, which is why the Lebron haters weren't posting links to them. Now the writers are going to act like this is shit they knew about all along.

Obstructed_View
12-01-2010, 01:05 AM

Yeah, I bet nobody else displayed that kind of "outside the box" thinking after watching "The Decision".

Were they mathematically eliminated from the playoffs today? :lol

gospursgojas
12-01-2010, 01:06 AM
That's my point. People are saying that this shit was out there all this time, and it hasn't been. The news guys weren't writing it, which is why the Lebron haters weren't posting links to them. Now the writers are going to act like this is shit they knew about all along.

Yup. :tu

Shifty
12-01-2010, 01:15 AM
Don't forget the after elimination hand shaking incident.

Whisky Dog
12-01-2010, 01:18 AM

You're right about the team and mainstream media hiding a lot of that stuff, but I remember hearing about him mistreating staff at least a year ago, and the same about Bowen getting on Lebron about his treatment of people during USA tryouts. I'm pretty sure there was a thread on that Bowen thing here IIRC so there have been little leaks about his BS here and there.

Regardless, the new info is this BS he's pulling with Spoelstra, and it's interesting to me that Wade is sort of falling in line with that behavior. That could get real ugly real fast, and I wonder if Riley takes over will he cave and spoil Lebron too? I just can't imagine Riley doing that.

EricB
12-01-2010, 01:20 AM
Bravo Wojo.

Keep writing articles like this.

pjjrfan
12-01-2010, 01:21 AM
this guy knew he was going to be a star since he was in middle school and so did everyone around him, it's been red carpet for him ever since. I'm surprised by Wade a guy who knows what it takes to win not stepping up. Regardless of all the weaknesses this team has, if and when Wade and LeBron get it together, they will be a team to reckon with. For now, Jame's dark side is being exposed. I do know that in the 2004 olympics there was rumblings that some of the players were not into it. I guess those rumblings were centered around James.

gospursgojas
12-01-2010, 01:25 AM
Im perfectly fine with Lebron acting this way BTW. He'll never win by not allowing himself to be coached. Makes it easier for my team.

Also, in regards to Team USA I'd rather watch the USA team that just won in the Worlds, than watch Lebron and his homeboys.

GSH
12-01-2010, 01:34 AM
Yep. And Stephen Jackson has been fined $50K once, and now suspended for a game, for abusing the refs. That's why you'll never see some of these ass-clowns in a Spurs jersey. (Like J.R. Smith, for instance.) No matter how talented they are, they are disruptive as hell. LeBron may be good enough to get a title some day. But I wouldn't bet on it, unless he outgrows some of this crap.

ShoogarBear
12-01-2010, 01:35 AM
Yep. And Stephen Jackson has been fined $50K once, and now suspended for a game, for abusing the refs. That's why you'll never see some of these ass-clowns in a Spurs jersey.

Uh . . .

SouthTexasRancher
12-01-2010, 01:36 AM
Little Lebron is nothing more than a pinheaded asshole. That kid needs to grow the hell up. He is a cancer and the Heat fans will not see any championship as long as he is there. Give me Kobe, Manu or Timmy any damn day of the week. Those three are winners and little Lebron is not. Somebody needs to bitchslap the crap out of that doofus. :ihit

GSH
12-01-2010, 01:39 AM
Uh . . .

LOL... do't be a smartass. Jackson wasn't like that when he was here. I'm talking about all the people who want him to come back. But you knew that.

SJax started believing his own press clippings, and once he left here he got an opportunity to "define himself". He could never go back, now.

Whisky Dog
12-01-2010, 01:41 AM
Little Lebron is nothing more than a pinheaded asshole. That kid needs to grow the hell up. He is a cancer and the Heat fans will not see any championship as long as he is there. Give me Kobe, Manu or Timmy any damn day of the week. Those three are winners and little Lebron is not. Dwayne Wade needs to bitchslap the crap out of that doofus. :ihit

Fify

Whisky Dog
12-01-2010, 01:43 AM
LOL... do't be a smartass. Jackson wasn't like that when he was here. I'm talking about all the people who want him to come back. But you knew that.

SJax started believing his own press clippings, and once he left here he got an opportunity to "define himself". He could never go back, now.

There were three reasons he wasn't like that here, and none of them were because he was a nicer guy then. Here are the three:

1) Duncan
2) Pop
3) Admiral

EricB
12-01-2010, 01:45 AM
Didn't the Spurs try to trade for Stephen Jackson in the offseason?

GSH
12-01-2010, 01:47 AM

About 40 people on SpursTalk tried to trade for him.

gospursgojas
12-01-2010, 02:32 AM
Funny how the Lebron Network is trying to make James' return to cleveland "sad" for him. Poor King James. Lets all feel sorry for him.

TDMVPDPOY
12-01-2010, 03:13 AM
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/8351/kobex.png

xmas1997
12-01-2010, 10:12 AM
Funny how the Lebron Network is trying to make James' return to cleveland "sad" for him. Poor King James. Lets all feel sorry for him.

That's part of his problem, his "network", and him needing one to continuously stroke his huge ego! It's like adding logs to the fire!

SA210
12-01-2010, 10:28 AM
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/8351/kobex.png

:lol

Obstructed_View
12-01-2010, 12:15 PM
I guess we all should have known when he hung that picture of himself dunking near Timmy in his locker for the whole year.

ohmwrecker
12-01-2010, 12:31 PM

Step away from the computer, go outside, take a stroll, clear your head . . .

senorglory
12-01-2010, 12:47 PM
... but they weren't reported nearly enough. Prima dona fucktards should be exposed.

It seems weird that those type of stories wouldn't be reported, fans would surely love to hear them. Who wouldn't click a link with the headline "Prima Dona Fucktard Throws French Fry Tantrum!"

lefty
12-01-2010, 12:56 PM
and how is this related to the Spurs? we don't need more threads about that clown
I agree

Cessation
12-01-2010, 07:33 PM
lol bryant making fun of the heat "dynasty"
i dislike him for the most part, but this is rich
:toast