PDA

View Full Version : Hot Mic Picks Up Senator Debate: "It's All Rigged."

Parker2112
11-30-2010, 05:54 PM
Your govt, that is....bought and paid for. Still think federal govt is the place to pin your hopes for reform?

The "debate" is settled before your elected officials have their say. Wait...wha?

A hot mic left on during a Senate vote Tuesday morning on the Food Safety (http://spurstalk.com/forums/#) Act caught a senator complaining that process of setting the agenda during the lame-duck session is “rigged.”

“It’s all rigged. The whole conversation is rigged,” said Colorado Democratic Sen. Michael Bennet. “The fact that we don’t get to a discussion before the break about what we’re going to do in the lame duck. It’s just rigged.”
The remark was picked up live on C-SPAN 2 (http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/SenateSessionPart128), although microphones (http://spurstalk.com/forums/#) are usually turned down during voting times. An aide quickly realized the mistake, jumped up and had the sound cut off.

Bennet Chief of Staff Guy Cecil stood by the senator’s comments.
“It’s something he’s been talking about from day one,” Cecil told The Daily Caller in an interview outside the Senate chamber. “The whole process being rigged against having a real conversation about tax cuts, the estate tax and the defense authorization. We’re not having a lot of those conversations. It’s just a symptom of Washington being broken.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2010/11/30/c-span-hot-mic-picks-up-discussion-on-senate-floor-its-all-rigged/#ixzz16oDBNguX

Parker2112
11-30-2010, 05:55 PM
_aDZy6zWeio

ChumpDumper
11-30-2010, 05:56 PM
So where do you pin your hopes for federal reform?

TeyshaBlue
11-30-2010, 06:00 PM
lol @ lame ducks just now figuring out exactly what the term means.

Parker2112
11-30-2010, 06:05 PM
So where do you pin your hopes for reform in general?

with a handful of states. The fed govt is fucked, as are many states.

ChumpDumper
11-30-2010, 06:20 PM
Sorry, I edited my post.

And just what are you saying there?

Parker2112
11-30-2010, 06:28 PM
power to the people.

ChumpDumper
11-30-2010, 06:38 PM
power to the people.Ok, that's your slogan -- what does it mean?

Parker2112
11-30-2010, 06:43 PM
You've read my take before, bub. We can skip the intro, I'm sure.

ChumpDumper
11-30-2010, 06:45 PM
You've read my take before, bub. We can skip the intro, I'm sure.No, I haven't read how you want to achieve power to the people.

If you have a manifesto or something, I'll take a link to it.

ChumpDumper
11-30-2010, 06:45 PM
Bub.

Parker2112
11-30-2010, 06:48 PM
No, I haven't read how you want to achieve power to the people.

If you have a manifesto or something, I'll take a link to it.

done deal. glad I could point you in the right direction :toast

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Revolution:_A_Manifesto

ChumpDumper
11-30-2010, 06:49 PM
This is not your plan. Ron Paul is bought and paid for according to you.

Parker2112
11-30-2010, 07:16 PM
Actually, he still delivers babies in Southeast Texas.

ChumpDumper
11-30-2010, 07:21 PM
Actually, he still delivers babies in Southeast Texas.The two are not mutually exclusive.

Parker2112
11-30-2010, 07:30 PM
says you.

boutons_deux
11-30-2010, 08:23 PM
yawn, Bennett has just figured this out? He's belaboring the glaringly obvious.

RandomGuy
12-01-2010, 08:03 AM
Actually, he still delivers babies in Southeast Texas.

Best non-sequitur I have seen this year. Nothing like starting the day with a solid laugh.

"I think they are kind of all corrupt"

"Oh yeah? I like ice cream!"

wtf?

TeyshaBlue
12-01-2010, 09:52 AM
Best non-sequitur I have seen this year. Nothing like starting the day with a solid laugh.

wtf?

:lmao

MannyIsGod
12-01-2010, 10:05 AM
Fuck you - I hate ice cream.

Parker2112
12-01-2010, 11:43 AM
it came in response to chumps flat out lie.

if joo wanna get cray-see wit me, i can jet cray-see wit choo...

actually past chumps take i stopped taking the discussion seriously

Parker2112
12-01-2010, 12:08 PM

wtf?

realize that every day you bring a scientific discussion to the political forum.

And then when I spoke about the political ramifications of your take (an affirmative belief in science as a solution to global warming) you dismiss it as pointless rambling.

Do you see the irony here, RG?

ChumpDumper
12-01-2010, 01:46 PM
it came in response to chumps flat out lie.You said the federal government is bought and paid for.

Ron Paul is part of the federal government.

If you want to start making exceptions, don't whine that you didn't do it in the first place.

TeyshaBlue
12-01-2010, 01:57 PM
Now you're just playing word games, Chump.

Parker2112
12-01-2010, 02:08 PM
You said the federal government is bought and paid for.

Ron Paul is part of the federal government.

If you want to start making exceptions, don't whine that you didn't do it in the first place.

its a flat out lie because you knew he was already excepted. But hey, dont let the truth get in the way of your argument :lol I might admire the effort, if it wasn't so disingenuous.

Chump, have you ever noticed you have a tendency to avoid the meat in almost every debate, in favor of gnawing the skin? It is easier, and probably suits your intentions (endless banter is the goal), so I understand. Just wanted to point that out.

ChumpDumper
12-01-2010, 02:41 PM
its a flat out lie because you knew he was already excepted.I merely went by what you posted in this thread. If you want to keep whining about what you posted, feel free.

Chump, have you ever noticed you have a tendency to avoid the meat in almost every debate, in favor of gnawing the skin? It is easier, and probably suits your intentions (endless banter is the goal), so I understand. Just wanted to point that out.Have you ever noticed you have a tendency to shit out blanket statements to start out topics from which you find yourself walking back the rest of the thread and whining about it? I understand. Just wanted to point that out.

Now that you are avoiding the meat of the discussion by whining about your blanket statements, get back on topic and tell me your (not someone else's) plan to give power to the people and how the federal government will be bypassed to do that.

Parker2112
12-01-2010, 03:32 PM
touche, chump.