PDA

View Full Version : Any dog owners here?

Gutter92
11-30-2010, 10:13 PM
How do I teach my puppy to not jump all over the place begging for food when we're eating? He has a lot of his food out on his little tray, yet he's always begging for human food when he sees us eating. How do you teach a puppy not to beg like that? If we put him in our bedroom, he takes a revenge shit on the floor, so that's not really an option...plus he starts barking his ass off.

The Reckoning
11-30-2010, 10:16 PM
cut his legs off

balli
11-30-2010, 10:18 PM
Stand your ass up about 35 times during every meal and make his ass sit/lie down and stare at you from a distance of 6-10 feet from the table. Until he gets it. And then never again feed him human food, especially when at the table.

Maybe give him some sort of a dog treat when you're done eating.

Gutter92
11-30-2010, 10:31 PM
Stand your ass up about 35 times during every meal and make his ass sit/lie down and stare at you from a distance of 6-10 feet from the table. Until he gets it. And then never again feed him human food, especially when at the table.

Maybe give him some sort of a dog treat when you're done eating.

:lol

He begs so much when people eat. A couple of my buddies come by for televised Spurs games and we usually get Dominos or something, and he's always jumping onto the couches while we're eating...he's a little Maltese, but he has hops :lol

He listens to commands like sit, lie down, etc. when theres no food involved..but as soon as food is involved, he abandons all of that

The Reckoning
11-30-2010, 10:35 PM
rofl a little maltese???

wow

Gutter92
11-30-2010, 10:40 PM
rofl a little maltese???

wow

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/4623/maltesebasuedayva.jpg

CubanSucks
11-30-2010, 10:56 PM
Just hit the fucking dog while yelling "NO" or "GO ON" or "MOVE" so it knows that those words mean trouble in that tone. Eventually all you'll have to do is give a firm "NO" or whatever and it'll know to back up. Obviously you don't wanna hit the dog as hard as you'd hit a person or larger animal but as long as you hurt it a little it'll do the trick. Trust me, it won't be traumatized after it and it'll still wanna sit in your lap when you don't have food